Snow Day Lunch - Page 4
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Snow Day Lunch - Page 4 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Snow Day Lunch

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Snow Day Lunch - Page 4 Empty Re: Snow Day Lunch

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:23 am

Khaat and Marcus looked at each other and laughed when she said she wasn't a morning person.

"You two behave," Angus grinned back at them. "Its fine. You weren't morning people either at one time." He looked back at Bella. "They're teasing me. They're making fun that I get up at 4 am. But if i didn't they wouldn't get fresh bread and fresh cinnamon rolls and that sort of thing at breakfast. So they can laugh all they want."

"And tomorrow we'll get a box of cereal," Marcus said.

"You're right," Angus said mischievously. He looked back at Bella. "Don't worry. It'll be fine. I'll get you on Friday, sometime mid morning."

"Come hungry," Khaat said. "He gives us just amazing food all the time. Its why we have a gym now."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 22653
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Isobella Donohue Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:29 am

Bella smiled and looked at Khaat and Marcus, "Oh so they get up almost as early as you? Or do they get up at the same time?" She grinned at the teasing between the three of them. "I might get up that early if I was bribed with sweets or fresh fruit." She said giggling softly at that thought.

She giggled even more as she heard the teasing between them. "That sounds great, I'll make sure that were ready by then. If we're not it will probably be because Rose is trying to pack all her stuffed animals in her bag."

"Well I guess if Rose and I will be seeing a lot of you I might have to do the same." Bella said smiling as she thought about it being around them more. She felt like she found people with whom she could become friends with all of them.
Isobella Donohue
Isobella Donohue
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 1076

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Feb 03, 2015 1:21 am

"Well, our morning pace came out of necessity because, at the time, Brian and I were both working two jobs and managing a restaurant," Khaat said. "And I believe that, as often as possible, we need to eat as a family. So, breakfast--on work days--is usually on the sideboard around 6:00 or 6:30 am. On the weekends, it falls a bit later. And we leave the breakfast sideboard up longer on weekends for those who want to take advantage of the time off and sleep in."

"But when the kids are up that early in the morning, they do take naps in the afternoon," Angus said, "and they go to bed pretty early. Sometimes, they're tired enough to want storytime and bed almost right after dinner. And that's okay by us. Whatever they want."

"That leaves the adults with time for some time for themselves," Angus added. "Could be reading or playing cards or games, taking a swim, or just sitting by the fire talking."

"Its also a great time for hobbies. My mother is an artist and has a studio. Do you have any hobbies?" Khaat asked.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Isobella Donohue Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:05 am

"Oh wow, that had to be hard for you to do all of that." Bella said with amazement. "Well that's good that you eat together as a family. I make sure that I have time to do the same with Rose. Though there are times she doesn't want to get out of bed but that's when she's not feeling good."

"That's the same with Rose, except it takes a bit longer for her to fall asleep." She explained as she looked over at her daughter when Rose was giggling with Julia. She smiled when she heard that the kids went to bed early and wanted story time. She couldn't help but think how similar it was with Rose.

"Sounds great," Bella said smiling as she wondered if she was gonna be good at cards. "Though I don't know any card games. I've never had anyone to play with so I never got the chance. You'll have to teach me, if that's okay." She said shyly.

"I like to knit as well as crochet things, it would give me time to work on Rose's blanket." Bella said remembering that the blanket she was making Rose has taken her over a year now. "I haven't been able to work on it because of my job and trying make sure I spend what time I have with her."
Isobella Donohue
Isobella Donohue
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Angus Donohue Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:39 pm

"Maybe having the other kids around will make it easier for her to go to bed," Angus said. "We used to have a struggle with it until Khaat's dad started to do storytime. The kids go to bed now gladly because they are such bookworms and story fanatics."

"And because Daddy uses magic when he reads the books," Khaat smiled.

"That too," he laughed. "The kids look forward to it like it was their little private party with their Papa." The kids all called Robert "Papa." That was their term for grandpapa. Brian was Daddy, but Robert was Papa.

"Of course," Khaat said. "We play cards, and backgammon, wizard's chess, all sorts of things. My mother likes to knit and crochet too. Lately she's been using a combination of fabrics and yarns and bits to make some really unusual contemporary wall hangings. I think she must be adding some weaving and some macrame stitches in there, but you and she might get along quite well when it comes to fabric arts."
Angus Donohue
Angus Donohue
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 391
Special Abilities : Ecological Empath

Back to top Go down

Post by Isobella Donohue Sun Feb 08, 2015 6:48 am

"I'm hope so, I usually have to stay in the room until she falls asleep." Bella said smiling softly. "Rose is a bookworm too, but she gets frustrated when she tries to read and fails. I try to offer her support that she's doing good but sometimes she doesn't seem so confident."

"Well that would something that Rose would love, that's clever that he thought of that." Bella said smiling at Khaat. "My father has puppets from the books and uses them to help tell the story."

"I like to make clothes from yarn and there is a couple of times that I've sewn together some things to make clothes." Bella said smiling, "Like Rose has a chest full of dress up clothes that she loves. I would love to have someone else to crochet or knit with. Though playing some card games sounds great as well," she smiled as she took another sip from her water.
Isobella Donohue
Isobella Donohue
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Angus Donohue Sun Feb 08, 2015 3:20 pm

"You'll find everyone has a lot of different interests. Khaat's mom loves creating all sorts of stained glass things, she paints, she sculpts, she weaves. And she's an amazing cook. She likes to make comfort things.

"Robert is a wonderful grandfather. He loves all sorts of games of strategy. In his spare time, he makes all these wonderful flavored teas. If you've ever been to Sparks and tried, for example, the almond tea, that's one of his blends. Always tastes like almond cookies, I think.

"Khaat's husband, Brian, is a fitness nut. He's also a physical trainer, and he's worked as a trainer for the Ministry aurors. He's always working to not just keep himself in shape, but he also works to keep the rest of us in shape. There's a full gym and a pool in the basement so we can stay in shape all year round.

"There are some others that really enjoy growing things, so they spend a lot of time in the greenhouse. One of the things I love about the estate is that there's always someone to learn something from. And, if you like excitement, there's always horseback riding through the trails on the estate or taking Robert's hippogryff for a flight."

Angus Donohue
Angus Donohue
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 391
Special Abilities : Ecological Empath

Back to top Go down

Post by Isobella Donohue Sun Feb 08, 2015 11:25 pm

Bella smiled at all the things that Khaat's mom could do and laughed softly. "Well Khaat your mom definitely has me beat in the creativity area. I can't do most of those things, I'm just happy I am able to crochet and knit. I think though that your mother and I will get along very nicely I hope." She said as she thought about the older woman being able to teach her a few things.

She smiled when heard about the grandfather, "Mm that sounds tasty. I'm probably gonna drink more tea than anything." She said grinning just imagining all these people living with each other.

Her smile faded slightly thinking about how everyone was so tightly knit together. Bella craved that those kinds of relationships, she wanted to find a place where she would fit in.

"Well with all the great food and everything else, I would have to exercise daily. I like doing yoga as well as jogging, is there a place down there for those kinds of things?" She asked curiously as she wondered what kind of exercise machines were down there.

"Well that's a good thing that there is a lot of learning to do. I would love to know more about growing things. My window box needs a little color but every time I try they end up dying for some reason." Bella said softly trying to think of what have gone wrong those times. "I know it can't be that I have a black thumb because I grow perfect veggies all the time. Maybe it's just flowers that are beyond my green thumb."
Isobella Donohue
Isobella Donohue
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:28 pm

"Well, my I grew up on a small farm," Khaat said. "My mom didnt work. My dad was working as a potions master during the day and he would farm when he wasn't working. My mother gardened and did all her cooking by hand--nothing conjured. And, when she wasn't doing that, she was either training animals--usually owls and such, or was doing something artistic. She had converted one of the extra bedrooms to a studio for herself and eventually started to be recognized for her artistry--more for her stained glass and her weavings and the stoneware stuff she makes."

"If you've got issues with flowers," Angus said. "Khaat's mom is the person to remedy that. She seems to have the touch."

"So does your grandfather," Khaat said.

"My grandfather," he laughed, "makes a potion to help them bloom. Your mother just has the touch for it, I think."

"Mama," Abbey asked. "We have cookies now?"

"I thought you wanted berries," Khaat frowned. Abbey nodded.

"And now she wants bunny cookies," Angus laughed. "I think we've just been played." He ordered a platter of bunny cookies for everyone to share.

"You are not going to spoil her and give her a cookie after she chose berries, are you?" Khaat asked.

"You don't think I've ever slipped her a cookie at home?" he grinned.

"You're going to ruin this child," she shook her head, unable to hide a smile.

"That's not new. I'm probably going to ruin them all," he shrugged, unphased.

"Watch him," Khaat teased Bella. "He'll be spoiling Rose too if you give him a chance."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Isobella Donohue Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:54 pm

"That sounds lovely growing up on a farm and having a garden." Bella said smiling at Khaat as she listened. "I would love to see some of her things. Things like that I love especially stoneware things. I used to have a jug that was a stoneware, it looked like it had some turquoise blended in with it."

"Well I've long since stopped growing flower because of that fact." She said laughing softly, "I would love to see what she may be able to help me with in case I do want to try again. Goodness knows we need some color in that apartment of ours." Hearing them talk about their families had Bella smiling and laughing softly.

Rose looked at her at the mention of cookies and gave her big puppy dog eyes. Bella had to hide her smiling face but couldn't control the laughter trying to escape. Turning back to Rose she said, "You can have one." Rose grinned widely and looked at Khaat and what she said. Laughing she said, "Well if he tries that I'm gonna have a little sneak on my hands." Bella laughed kindheartedly as she looked at her daughter. Looking back at Khaat she said, "What else will he try to corrupt with my little girl?" She giggled at her words amusement clear in her eyes.
Isobella Donohue
Isobella Donohue
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top