Meeting Through the Snow - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Meeting Through the Snow - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Meeting Through the Snow

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Meeting Through the Snow - Page 2 Empty Re: Meeting Through the Snow

Post by Vincent Majere Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:55 pm

Vincent had remained silent in the meeting up to this point, merely observing how the group had changed since the last time he had attended a meeting. The Death Eaters were still largely a group of inbred purebloods, desperately trying to convince themselves that they were superior to the rest of Wizarding Britain. And educated man and a halfblood himself, Vincent did not agree at all with this philosophy. He had originally joined the Death Eaters to gain their support against the Order of the Phoenix, and since then had found them a useful lot. In order to gain their trust and respect he had to parrot their beliefs, but Vincent had never adopted their ideology.

“Children, Rookwood?” Vincent said in a slightly amused tone. “What good will children be to us? I think it is best we keep ourselves distant from the Hogwarts branch. But if you think we require it, I have managed to secure a position at Hogwarts though, and I can aid the ‘Dark Followers’ if necessary. That said, from what I have seen, most of them seemed to be more interested in Quidditch, dating, and fraternizing with muggle-borns than in our cause,” Vincent sneered, well aware that the parents of many of those children were sitting at the table.

“Forgive me if I speak out of turn, Katrina,” Vincent started. He wasn’t quite sure of the personality of their new leader, so it was best to be careful and respectful. That said, Vincent’s tone was neither wary nor apologetic – he had never been able to fake subservience. “But to expect new followers at this time is… optimistic. No doubt there are quite a few Wizarding families out there that still hold true to the ideals of blood purity and supremacy, but they won’t be very inclined to join us as long as we are cooped up in our mansions doing nothing of importance.”

He was aware that he was going a bit too far here, and Vincent sensed that this remark was not well received by the Death Eaters around the table, though no one replied immediately. This gave him a chance to continue. “We should be out there, reminding the world that we are still a force.”

“Now, this event at the ministry, the accident, actually offers us a good chance to expand and recruit.”
Vincent Majere
Vincent Majere

Number of posts : 836

Back to top Go down

Meeting Through the Snow - Page 2 Empty Re: Meeting Through the Snow

Post by Lorcan D'Eath Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:25 am

While Majere was speaking, Lorcan came quietly into the back of the meeting room and perched on the edge of an antique side table.  He listened to the man, understanding and agreeing with the need for recruitment.

Majere was correct but they probably were going to disagree about the way in which they defined correctness. Lorcan didn't really care. What he did care about was that Majere's reputation as a skilled duelist and fighter had once spoken for itself.  Majere had been gone for awhile, though.  Could he still hold his own if it came to it?  Was he battle hungry anymore? Were any of them?

Lorcan had prey in mind, but he was already getting the feeling it wasn't the same target that anyone else had.  Lorcan wanted a much more direct threat, a much more aggressive, targetted statement.  This was, of course, Du Hunt's call, though.  Lorcan was here to obverse and learn where the Death Eaters stood now.

"Welcome," Lorcan said to them all. "You are quite correct, Mr. Majere.  However, children often make excellent, if occasionally unwitting, informants. Trained sufficiently, if their professors can do so,.." he looked at Majere with a very slight pointed glance, "they are also excellent combatants.  I suggest we not ignore them. Even if we must train them in more 'assertive' tactics ourselves than what the school might find appropriate.  The students might be of great value." He looked at Theodore Rookwood, wanting to know whether Rookwood had grown a bit in courage. "Unless our Headmaster has better ideas--or objections. Mr. Rookwood?" He looked back at Du Hunt. "I agree," he gave a slow nod. "By all means, Ms. Du Hunt, let's do start some aggressive recruiting efforts.  The more the better--and the sooner the better, don't you think?"
Lorcan D'Eath
Lorcan D'Eath
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Number of posts : 132
Special Abilities : Alchemist, Metamorphagus
Occupation : Potionsmaster, Leader of Death Eaters, Owner of Slugs and Jiggers & Borgin and Burkes

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top