Lots Going On & Lots To Do!
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Lots Going On & Lots To Do! Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Lots Going On & Lots To Do!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Lots Going On & Lots To Do! Empty Lots Going On & Lots To Do!

Post by Everly Bardugo Sat Dec 27, 2014 5:45 am

Hey, all! As if it's even possible not to notice, our forum is looking better and better every day, mostly thanks to Darren's tweaks and coding. So, firstly, I'd like to give a huge thumbs up to him for that!

However, improving the site is not something that we Admins can do alone. It's up to all of us to better and to promote the site. How can we do that? Here are some really simple ways that we can all put in that extra little nudge to get PA all lovely and sorted out:

1. Voting is helpful, and takes less than a minute! All of the links are located in Fireplace One, just below the cbox and the weather information! On the final link, the one titled TopRPGSites, you'll just need to scroll down to Potter's Army and click "Rate This Site." Leave a number rating, along with whichever Alias you prefer. It doesn't have to be the one on here. And if you want to say some nice things, that would be lovely, too, though you don't have to!

2. Aside from voting, another option is to get involved with the Site Events and Site Plots. If you ever get stuck, you're welcome to ask an Admin or even another member for some advice on how to get involved! I'll be taking on a project in the next few weeks to make it even more exciting, but know that our Snow Plot has a really fun event coming at the start of the new year, and we'll need EVERYBODY'S help to make it work. So, please bear with, and enjoy the snow conflict in the mean time!

3. Truly, and it may not seem like it sometimes, every post helps. To those of you that reply to everything and are stuck without anything left, I actually want to take my hat off to you. I can never seem to catch up, and it's always incredibly impressive that you can do it so quickly! Even if you aren't totally convinced that your writing is "brilliant" or whatever else you want it to be, remember that this is practice! It's for fun! So don't be too hard on yourself if you get stuck. Take some time in the Games forum, maybe. Or post in the RP Request forum to try and find your muse again. I don't think I'm the only one who does this, but I often like to go around and read what's happening to other characters, and I'd be awfully sad if those stories went untold. So, if you're ever feeling stuck, take a break, find a new way to come at it, and join the fun once more.

I also want to say, and I'm certain I speak for all of the Admins when I do so, that we love all of you to bits. I joined back in 2009, and didn't last long, because I didn't form many bonds with the people who were available. But when I came back nearly two years ago, I didn't even realize it was the same website. It took me over a year to recognize the fact, and I believe that it was because of the people who I now know so well. So, I want to thank each of you, and I just want to say that, if you ever need anything, I'm told I'm pretty good at giving advice. Even if it's just for plot related things. I don't mind at all!

I hope everyone had a happy holiday season, are enjoying whatever break from school you might have, and I hope to continue writing with each of you for a very long time. Feel free to post here if you have any questions, suggestions, or just want to share why you're still around PA. I think it might help us all remember why we joined and why we love it so much. I don't know about you all, but I would LOVE to see us be a huge, active group again. The more the merrier, after all.

xo
Everly Bardugo
Everly Bardugo
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 2817

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top