Return
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Return  Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Return

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Return  Empty Return

Post by Hallie Cooper Sun Nov 02, 2014 2:32 am

Hi guys.
This break has served me well, I'm starting to manage the amount of work and activities I'm doing and I always keep randomly thinking of ideas I could do here lately. Each week I'm thinking more about role playing and getting lost in this type of creativity again.

I am still rather busy with Uni work, I have a show on the Uni radio and do other stuff for the radio but I know I want to come on here again even if it's only once a day.

Because I'll still be short of time I'm thinking of just using Hallie at the moment until my schedule frees up (if it ever does). That'll be Hallie. Last time I used Hallie her Mother helped her escape Azkaban and then they fled the country and haven't been seen since.

I want Hallie to return, whether she is still in hiding or in public. I need some ideas of what could provoke her return? I heard from Khaat the ministry has fallen or is falling? Maybe this makes her want to return, plus she'd be homesick and miss everyone here?

Amelia wouldn't have to come back I see her living a quiet life in Northern Spain somewhere where she can do the things that she loves. Perhaps working in a muggle school as a teacher after conjuring some exam results and claiming a muggle identity just because she would miss that teaching part of things.

Thoughts?!

Also any updates on what has happened since I left would be greatly appreciated!
(Just after the Hogwarts express went into the lake)
Hallie Cooper
Hallie Cooper
Fifth Year Gryffindor
Fifth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 927
Special Abilities : Non-Verbal Magic, Apparation

Back to top Go down

Return  Empty Re: Return

Post by Everly Bardugo Sun Nov 02, 2014 2:38 am

ooh! So, there's a subplot to do with false vaccines, which has gotten one of the new co-leaders of the Order extremely ill. The "vaccine" is meant to be fatal, but he'll be okay in the end. But that, plus the Ministry falling, plus wondering after everyone might have her wanting to help?

You may not want to take on the Order again fully, but she would probably know the folks who are struggling because of it and want to help out?
Everly Bardugo
Everly Bardugo
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 2817

Back to top Go down

Post by Hallie Cooper Sun Nov 02, 2014 2:45 am

I just read a little bit about that in the Daily Prophet - the source of all my PA knowledge.

Hallie could have gotten word that the British ministry physically collapsed and heard how Robert Lupin is back in power (if I've read that right?). Upon further reading Hallie found that there is a vaccine problem and didn't know who was affected so that worry has caused her to return to find out and try and help out however she can do?

I feel as though I've literally just wrote what you've just said? I like the idea, it works well!

How could she come back? Find someone from the Order first to try and get an update? - of course from someone she trusts and wouldn't judge her . I don't know what the public opinion of Hallie was after she was sentenced to Azkaban but evaded being imprisoned and disappeared?

Or she might want to go to Theodore first and see if he has been affected or anything? Plus it could give her some closure on what happened between them? Just an idea.
Hallie Cooper
Hallie Cooper
Fifth Year Gryffindor
Fifth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Nov 02, 2014 3:17 am

yes, Robert is back, and Gideon is on the run. nobody is probably going to think badly about her for running from an Azkaban sentence from a stupid law anyway.

you know, you could help with site plot with her return if you want. since Gideon is on the run, perhaps he went to the continent someplace to go visit a potioneer to get a large quantity of polyjuice.

if Hallie were to see him, by accident, as he gets this large supply, she would surely know that, with polyjuice, he can continue to go anywhere, get in almost any place, etc....

and she might be interested in trying to either warn those she cares about or be angry that he's still up to his tricks that she comes back.

just a thought.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 22718
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Everly Bardugo Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:34 am

Yeah, what Khaat said would be super. Only thing about the vaccine, only one character has the illness right now, and the others are NPCs that are quarantined. So nobody can get it unless they come into contact with Oliver, and even then it isn't one of those that spreads like wildfire. If she saw Gideon and went looking for Robert and/or Audriana, that could be useful! Smile
Everly Bardugo
Everly Bardugo
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 2817

Back to top Go down

Post by Hallie Cooper Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:37 pm

I really like the idea of her seeing Gideon acquiring a large batch of polyjuice potion and then going on to warn someone.

Hallie Cooper
Hallie Cooper
Fifth Year Gryffindor
Fifth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Elijah Krum Sun Nov 02, 2014 4:47 pm

Welcome back! Nice to have you home. Very Happy
Elijah Krum
Elijah Krum