Birthdays and New Beginnings
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Birthdays and New Beginnings Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Birthdays and New Beginnings

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Birthdays and New Beginnings Empty Birthdays and New Beginnings

Post by Kit Abbey Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:01 pm

Kit always thought the day after her birthday was the worst day of the year. Her parents always made her birthdays such fun and special days for her that waking up the next morning was always a little disappointing. Back to reality and a whole year before she got another special day.

This year though was so much different. How could her birthday feel special without her parents there? How could she celebrate and feel happy when she knew they were spending the day (and all days for the forseeable future) in the most depressing place in the world? Her godparents tried to make it special for her. They took her to what had become her favorite restaurant since she had moved in with them, baked her a homemade cake, and even got her wonderful presents. She patted the head of her new owl, Cyprien, and he hooted appreciatively. At least now she could send letters to her parents whenever she wanted. Kit didn’t really have anyone else to send letters to, besides her godparents but they had a family owl, since all of the other people she knew were in the Muggle world in Iceland and she certainly couldn’t send them post by owl.

Besides her birthday not feeling very special, today was a particularly exciting day because it was her first day at Hogwarts. Kit couldn’t help feeling a thrill of excitement when she thought of the enchanted castle she had heard her parents tell stories about from when they were in school. She hadn’t experienced much of the wizarding world, so everything about it seemed wonderful. She was only a little bit nervous about the sorting. Both of her parents were Ravenclaws, so she hoped that’s where she would end up too. She didn’t know much about the other houses and she wanted to make them proud.

Kit hugged her godparents goodbye and tensed a bit as she pushed her trolley through the brick wall. She trusted them that it would allow her through, but she had never run toward a wall before and it defied her logical expectations. She closed her eyes at the last second, wincing, but when she opened them again, there was no loud crash or resistance, just a bright red steam engine and a platform full of other students with their own trolleys.

So far there didn’t seem to be anything particularly out of the ordinary about it, except maybe for its color. She pushed her trolley forward a bit, somewhat worried that the next person through would crash right into her.

“Okay, now what?” Kit muttered to herself, trying to figure out how she was going to lift her things on the train by herself, and looking around to see what the other students were doing.
Kit Abbey
Kit Abbey
First Year Ravenclaw
First Year Ravenclaw

Number of posts : 31

Back to top Go down

Birthdays and New Beginnings Empty Re: Birthdays and New Beginnings

Post by Tiffany Cruz Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:16 pm

Now it finally be Tiffany's third year in Hogwarts. Her parents never really came here in station with her. They just came in first year. They didn't like her being the witch that much actually, they want her to be normal kid like others. So here she was once again alone.

She sighed and walked through that red brick wall when no one didn't look at her. She had learnt that you need to be careful since it was at first just muggles train station. She smiled when she went through it. She have always been here before the train leaves.

Girl looked around and saw how few people said there good bies and alos talked with each other, with parents or then with other students. She saw one younger girl standing there near the train, seeming a little lost.

She pulled her trunk behind her. She didn't like trollies so much, she perffered trunks. She walked to the girl who seemed like to be first year. She was same lost in her first year.

"Hey, kiddo, can I help you some how, you seem to be lost?" She asked from her then with a smile. She really wanted to help these little girl now. She hoped that she can help her now.
Tiffany Cruz
Tiffany Cruz
Fifth Year Ravenclaw
Fifth Year Ravenclaw

Number of posts : 115

Back to top Go down

Post by Kit Abbey Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:01 pm

Kit had been trying to be unobtrusive and quietly copy what everyone else was doing to get their stuff on the train, but her plan failed. Apparently she looked as clueless as she felt. A kind-looking girl a few years older than her came over and offered her help.

Kiddo, really? She thought, bristling a little bit at the way the girl addressed her. Kit knew she was trying to be nice, but... well, that's what her mom used to call her. And besides, the girl couldn't be that much older than her anyway.

"I'm..." Kit looked around, frowning. "I'm not really lost, unless this isn't the Hogwarts Express. But I guess I could use some help. I'm pretty sure my trunk weighs more than me."

She had a sudden realization. Maybe everyone else knew enough magic already to just enchant their trunks to grow wings or weigh less than a feather. Maybe she was already behind! She didn't see any winged trunks around yet, but maybe she just wasn't looking hard enough.
Kit Abbey
Kit Abbey
First Year Ravenclaw
First Year Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiffany Cruz Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:19 pm

Tiffany smiled at the girl and nodded there. She had same problem kind of on her first year. Now she doesn't really take that much things with her but it's still heavy for sure.

"Oh I see. You are in right place. Everyones trunks are actually heavy ones but I have learned that you can't make them very much heavy, over few years now. If you want you can use spell on it what makes it weigh less than a feather or just ask someone older and stronger for help. I did the last one in my first year, since I'm muggleborn and didn't know nothing about magic before I went Hogwarts," she said there now. She wasn't sure how helpful she really was. It's been quiet hard for her to get drunk up to train too basically but she managed it now last two years her own.

She looked how others did, some older girls and boys make it sound so easy to lift your drunk up but younger ones had trouble with it. "As you can see you're basically not only one who has that trouble.
Tiffany Cruz
Tiffany Cruz
Fifth Year Ravenclaw
Fifth Year Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Kit Abbey Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:42 am

Kit's heart sank. So it was magic then. She was already behind! She had read the Standard Book of Spells: Grade 1, but, well, she hadn't actually practiced any of the spells yet. She wasn't sure she was allowed to. Kit couldn't remember reading about a spell in there that made heavy things feather light, but there were a lot of spells in there. It was a lot of new information, and she vowed to re-read it on the way to Hogwarts.

Kit felt a little better that there were other people coming in who had even less exposure to magic than she did. Or probably, anyway. This girl obviously wasn't new, but Kit bet there were more like her. "I lived in the Muggle world most of my life, so I don't know a whole lot about magic yet. I've been reading the books, but I... don't know that spell." Kit bit her lip, blushing a little. She hated not knowing something. "Could you teach me?"
Kit Abbey
Kit Abbey
First Year Ravenclaw
First Year Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiffany Cruz Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:15 pm

Tiffany didn't know that spell for sure and she never even didn't read the magic spell book never before the school. She didn't had such time at all. Since at home she couldn't read it since her parents hated it that she is witch. She just nodded her head on what the little girl now said.

"Yeah I'm muggleborn so yeah I lived there too my all life. Before getting the letter I didn't even know that I was witch, so yeah I didn't know that spell back the too," she said there now and smiled. "It's okay not to know it," she added. She tried to remember now the spell. "Sure I can," she said with smile and then said the spell and explained how to use it.

OOC: Since I'm really not sure what's is that spell called and also too lazy to go and search it then let's just assume, she teach the spell name too.
Tiffany Cruz
Tiffany Cruz
Fifth Year Ravenclaw
Fifth Year Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Kit Abbey Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:18 am

((No worries! I figured you would write something like that ^^))

"Wow, that must have been a shock!" Kit empathized with the other girl. "Both my parents are Muggle-born, so I guess it was for them too." She sighed. "I loved our home, but I wish we could have practiced magic more openly. I already feel so behind."

Kit brightened, pulling out her wand as Tiffany began to teach her the spell. Other than trying it out in Ollivander's, she hadn't actually used it yet. She was a little apprehensive that she wouldn't be any good. But that would only make her practice all the harder. Kit practiced the wand movement while she said the incantation in her head a few times before actually trying it out. The trunk remained extremely heavy on the first try, but she got it on the second.

"Yes!" She exclaimed, grinning broadly and balancing her trunk on just one finger. "Thanks!"
Kit Abbey
Kit Abbey
First Year Ravenclaw
First Year Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiffany Cruz Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:12 pm

Tiffany nodded her head. "Yeah it was big shock for me and also for them. Even if it's now third year they still haven't got used with idea who I am now and they don't want me to be it," she said there and sighed. "Yeah trust me I know how you feel. I used magic a first time in school in lessons," she added then.

Tiffany smiled when the girl got the spell on her second time trying. "That's good and no problem, if you need help any time else, just ask," she said with smile to her now. "Oh, I'm Tiffany Cruz, soon to be third year Ravenclaw," she decided to introduce herself.
Tiffany Cruz
Tiffany Cruz
Fifth Year Ravenclaw
Fifth Year Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Kit Abbey Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:52 am

"Oh" Kit replied, not sure what to say. It would be awful to have her parents hate her for being a witch. It was hard enough having to hide it from the rest of the world. Growing up, her parents were the only ones she could be herself around. She couldn't imagine being so isolated from them. "Do most students know much magic their first year?

Kit brightened when she heard Tiffany introduce herself as a Ravenclaw. "My parents were Ravenclaws!" She said excitedly. "I really hope I will be too. What is the sorting ceremony like? Is it weird that a hat can see into your mind?" Now that they had started talking about school, Kit realized how excited she was for it. And how many questions she had. She hoped she wouldn't scare Tiffany away.
Kit Abbey
Kit Abbey
First Year Ravenclaw
First Year Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiffany Cruz Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:33 pm

Yeah it is awful but she is used to with it already. She had to do everything her own basically, never got any help from her parents at all. She did get along with them but she can't never use magic near them, that means she can't be herself now. "No not really. Mostly even few half-bloods learn about it in their first years, purebloods always seem to know who they are already before," she said then there with smile.

"Oh cool, my parents never went to Hogwarts. I'm not sure why I have that magic in me," she said then there. "It would be great if you are. Then you would already have a friend or at least someone who you know from your house," she said with smile. "Basically for sorting ceremony you have to wait until you're name is called you go to in front of everyone, the hat is placed on your head and it sorts you. Actually at first it sounds weird but actually it isn't that weird later on when it's on your head. At least for me wasn't," she tried to explain there then something.
Tiffany Cruz
Tiffany Cruz
Fifth Year Ravenclaw
Fifth Year Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top