Are You Really Feeling Apathy? - Page 4
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Are You Really Feeling Apathy? - Page 4 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Are You Really Feeling Apathy?

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Are You Really Feeling Apathy? - Page 4 Empty Re: Are You Really Feeling Apathy?

Post by Zara Halworth Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:55 am

Ana’s cheeks flushed a bit when Marcus informed Robert of the truth regarding Poppy, though she had been considering doing so herself. She shouldn’t have been embarrassed or anything like that, but it was still new to hear him say it – especially in front of someone that so many respected and who Ana probably should thank for not being completely against helping her. She regretted the law to a certain extent, but only in that her name had been on it, and because the damn thing had somehow allowed Gideon to move up to the spot he was in.

Admittedly, it wasn’t the only reason, but she couldn’t help but believe that it had helped him.

Frankly, she had no idea was Marcus and Robert were on about, but she just let them work out a plan, keeping quiet and thus out of their way. She had no problem with taking on the role of mediator, if that was what needed to be done. She had dealt with many angry students, and even more angry adults when they were called for their meetings, so she understood what it meant to play the role of the person who believed they were in control. Even though she probably wouldn’t be.

“If that’s the best thing we’ve got,” Ana shrugged, “then I’ll do it. I have no problem getting it done if I need to.” Giving a firm nod, she added, “This is my – our – daughter. Whatever it takes, I’ll see what I can do.”
Zara Halworth
Zara Halworth
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 271

Back to top Go down

Are You Really Feeling Apathy? - Page 4 Empty Re: Are You Really Feeling Apathy?

Post by Marcus Belby Sun Sep 28, 2014 3:51 pm

"Shall I get you some parchment, then?" Marcus asked.

"Several sheets, please, and the file on James," Robert said. Marcus went down the hallway to Brian's office and brought several large sheets of parchment, along with a manila file folder on James Blood. It was a fairly thick dossier containing everything Robert had been collecting on the killer.

Robert looked through the folder for a photo of James in his fully transformed werewolf state. When he found it, he flicked his wand at the photo and then at the parchment to transfer the image to the sheets of parchment. Finding a photo of a wanted poster in the file, he flicked his wand at the print on the poster and transferred it to the file, changed the wording to say that the Ministry of Magic wanted every werewolf, dead or alive. Rewards were to be given.

Marcus watched Robert constructing the poster. This was going to seem a bit like overkill, and not something Robert was prone to do. He was not interested in killing werewolves. He was interested in stopping James, though, and in getting Poppy back. He watched Robert hesitate for just one moment, and he attributed the work to Deputy Minister of Magic, Gideon Pierce.

Robert looked up at Marcus and Ana both. "You'll need to keep tight control of these," he said. "We don't want to start hysteria. You know what we're after. We want Fenrir's attention. We want Fenrir to want to crack down on James and to want to negotiate for his pack. When Fenrir bites, get these down quickly. Hopefully, by then, if Gideon isn't stupid, he'll be issuing the Ministry to substitute posters focused on James for these. This will look very bad for Gideon. He'll have to get these down fast and do something to minimize the damage before the carnage begins. But--if that doesn't happen, the minute you get Poppy back, get these down fast. Mrs. Levski, do you think you are skilled enough as a negotiator to deal with Fenrir or whatever liason he might send?" He had heard she did have those skills but whether she could do that under the pressure of negotiating for her daughter was another matter entirely. That was what he truly wanted to know.
Marcus Belby
Marcus Belby
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Number of posts : 182
Special Abilities : Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Zara Halworth Tue Oct 07, 2014 1:54 am

Ana was reaching to pick up one of the posters and take a closer look when Robert addressed her more properly. Releasing a breath, she nodded seriously. "I'm built of better stuff than it seems just now. In the moment, I can keep it handled." Tilting her head to the side, she considered Robert for a moment before adding, "I would feel more comfortable if you just called me Ana, by the way.

"I'm more interested in proving myself than in keeping up formalities," She clarified. "I've been involved in things that I shouldn't have. We all know that. So now it's time to fix those wrongs, and save my daughter."

Ana knew full well that it wasn't enough of to actually solve her issues, this helping Robert and Marcus get to the werewolves. But it was certainly something, and something might eventually grow into enough. And that sounded pretty good. So her hand reached out again, this time taking up around half of the posters, then looked to Robert as she stood.

"Unless there's anything else we need to watch out for, I think Marcus and I can handle this. If not, I know some people we could get in touch with to come out of woodwork and help us."

Ana could admit to feeling a bit strange about continually pairing her name with Marcus's. It really was quite odd, after so long. But even in the past, she had never said the phrase out loud to anyone who knew about her family. It was always more of a daydream than a reality, but now it was something different. It was a necessity, and that frightened her, too. Just as keeping them a secret had, before.
Zara Halworth
Zara Halworth
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 271

Back to top Go down

Post by Marcus Belby Sun Oct 12, 2014 11:45 am

ooc: I presume I can just keep the thread moving. Shall we continue Poppy's rescue here, or would you prefer to make a new thread for that?

"I would be far more concerned about you," Robert said to Ana, "if you had no anxieties just about now. It does look, though, as if you can handle it. I'm not concerned about your mistakes, Ana. We can discuss this business of Mr. Pierce later. He's fooled a great many people, and its about time we put a stop to him--but in good time. First things first." He handed them the posters. "Good luck."

"It would appear we need to go back to Knockturn," Marcus told her. "If we're right, the werewolves won't be far away from there right now. Not in light of the activity they've started there. Thank you, Robert."

He resisted the urge to suggest to Ana that she stay close to him. Ana was no shrinking violet and she didn't need to be told not to take unnecessary chances. She wasn't inexperienced in auror matters. He drew the portkey to Diagon Alley from his pocket again.

"Shall we go?" he asked her. He offered her his arm, and activated the portkey that would take them back to London and would take them closer to the werewolves and, hopefully, Poppy.
Marcus Belby
Marcus Belby
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Number of posts : 182
Special Abilities : Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Back to top