An Important Day
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

An Important Day Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

An Important Day

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

An Important Day Empty An Important Day

Post by Everly Bardugo Thu Jun 26, 2014 6:47 pm

Today is the 17th anniversary of the first Harry Potter book, and this came out on Buzzfeed: http://www.buzzfeed.com/ariellecalderon/times-tumblr-made-harry-potter-fans-cry-all-over-again
I honestly cannot stop crying and it's awful.

I have so many feels and I think I found my muse again. So I'd like to pick up a couple threads, especially with people who I maybe haven't gotten to.

It sounds ridiculous, but this series is practically my entire childhood, as the first book came out when I was three. To young to understand at the time, obviously, my grandmother read it to me the first time and then it was the first book that I read on my own in full. This series isn't just a series. It's a family, and I love all of you.

If you want to pick up a thread, let me know.
Everly Bardugo
Everly Bardugo
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 2817

Back to top Go down

An Important Day Empty Re: An Important Day

Post by Katrina-Carlotta Du Hunt Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:31 pm

Addie, that was not nice. I did it. I clicked the link. I read. Now I am sitting here feeling empty.

I think I'm going to post for Marius now.

I understand what you mean when talking about the series being your childhood. The first book was published 60 days before my birth. The Philosopher's Stone was the first novel I ever read. Before the HP books, I hated reading. I would throw tantrums any time my parents tried to get me to read my school books. But then I picked up HP one day, because the cover had a young boy with glasses that looked almost exactly like mine. It was that book that triggered my love of reading, and of writing. PA would not exist if it wasn't for JKR, and we would not have made the amazing friends that we have through this site. Harry Potter may have been my childhood, but I will love it always.
Katrina-Carlotta Du Hunt
Katrina-Carlotta Du Hunt
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 991
Special Abilities : Occlumency, Legilimency, Memory Manipulation.

Back to top Go down

Post by Everly Bardugo Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:03 pm

*snuggles*

This is why we're here I think. Because the books changed us in the best ways, and because it made us feel things that most books cannot.
Everly Bardugo
Everly Bardugo
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Eva DeLuca Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:27 pm

I'm in tears. I remember the first time I read the first book. My fifth grade teacher told my mother to go buy the books that were already out because she couldn't keep me in a book as long as it took the rest of the class and she wanted something to truly engage me. Little did she know what she started. I still occasionally see her. She is definitely getting a big hug from me when I see her. She brought these books into my life and up until right after I graduated high school I waited for each book.

I agree with you Addie that these books brought us all together, but right now I'm in tears from this! So many feels from it! I'm up for anything you would like to rp!
Eva DeLuca
Eva DeLuca
Fifth Year Slytherin
Fifth Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 455

Back to top Go down

Post by Nessa Bridgewood Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:11 pm

I didn't expect to legitimately bawl over that. But the tears were insanely real. I'm glad you got in touch with her, Christy. I'll look through my folks and let you know if I come up with anything! Smile
Nessa Bridgewood
Nessa Bridgewood
Sixth Year Ravenclaw
Sixth Year Ravenclaw

Number of posts : 195

Back to top Go down

Post by Anabelle Mulciber Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:51 am

Okay. That link. It leads to evil and hurt and so. Many. Feels. It hurts ;-; I don't think I've ever cried that much, over a book anniversary. But these books were my life, are my life, an will always be my life. Harry Potter books were the only books that ever kept me entertained and kept me still for long periods of times and this is just.. Gosh.

I'm up for anything. Maybe we can have a Rose/someone thread? Or with Yumi? They need friends.

And Jeremy was accepted if you want to have some fun times with him.
Anabelle Mulciber
Anabelle Mulciber
Sixth Year Gryffindor
Sixth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 3936
Special Abilities : Seer

http://khandvampireknight.forumsmotions.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Everly Bardugo Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:11 am

With Jeremy, it'd have to involve Kaiden and Nessa, if you want to work that into our big tread, Hit?
Everly Bardugo
Everly Bardugo
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Anabelle Mulciber Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:19 am

Alright!

I forgot how that was going. I'll reply tomorrow morning to it.
Anabelle Mulciber
Anabelle Mulciber
Sixth Year Gryffindor
Sixth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 3936
Special Abilities : Seer

http://khandvampireknight.forumsmotions.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Everly Bardugo Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:32 am

Sure thing. I have some ones I owe tonight anyways Smile
Everly Bardugo
Everly Bardugo
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Dylan M. Davies Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:39 pm

I'm still supposed to reply with Kaiden for now right? Addie hasn't left yet?
Dylan M. Davies
Sixth Year Ravenclaw
Sixth Year Ravenclaw

Number of posts : 209

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top