The Breaking Point - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

The Breaking Point  - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

The Breaking Point

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Breaking Point  - Page 2 Empty Re: The Breaking Point

Post by Henry Yewbeam Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:25 pm

That was the best thing about Sophia. She was modest, not even modest she simply didn't think herself anything special. She was stronger, stronger than most people. Henry didn't know much about her history, but from the bits that she'd told him the death eater could only hope to become as strong as her one day. That simply mean't staying on the tramlines, not falling off the cable car.

Hearing the healer tell Henry he was good, he wasn't weak helped him a little. It certainly made the sickly feeling in his stomach evaporate. Someone had faith in him, granted to recover he had to have faith in himself but the fact somebody else did supported that. It helped him stay strong.

Nodding Henry listened to what Sophia had to say about Scorpius, her friend Scorpius. That was something he didn't see coming although it was comforting. Maybe if he found the courage to ask for help from Scorpius then it would make the whole thing easier, besides if Malfoy was friends with Sophia - member of the Order - then he didn't really have an argument about Henry becoming neutral.

'Thank you.' The death eater replied once more. 'It means a lot, you, helping me.' He confessed, blushing slightly at how opened he'd been. For some that sentence wouldn't have been open at all, merely casual, but for Henry opening up was a step for it mean't he was starting to rebuild the trust he'd destroyed with the drugs.

(OOC: Should we see if Maura wants to come in, shake things up a bit? Or if not Hallie could pop by for a top up on pregnancy vitamins)
Henry Yewbeam
Henry Yewbeam
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 114
Special Abilities : Apparation

Back to top Go down

Post by Maura Goldstein Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:31 pm

It been awhile since Maura seen Sophia, she was starting to miss hanging out with her. It was quite funny that they worked together, but they never seen each other at work. Although Maura knew that it was because they were working at different areas of the Hospital. Apparating to Sophia's house she walked through the house. "Hello Soph, are you here?"Maura called through the house.

As he heard Sophia call through the kitchen she smiled before shifting Ciara on her hip and walking through the kitchen. At the sight before her, Maura looked at them shocked before she found her voice. " What the bloody hell is he doing here?"Maura asked Sophia before shooting a glare in disgust at Henry. As Sophia looked down, Maura looked at her shocked. " He hasn't been staying here with you has he Soph?Maura asked her angrily as Sophia nodded. " What the bloody hell are you thinking Sophia?"Maura asked her angrily.

Maura couldn't believe that she had the one person who hurt and tortured Hallie in her house and talking to him like they been best friends their whole lives! "Soph did you forget that he put me in a coma almost killing me and he tortured Hallie?!"Maura asked her angrily. " How long has he been here, and how long did you think you could hide this?"Maura asked her angrily looking between her and Henry. If looks could kill, Henry and Sophia would both be dead right now. " I can't believe this Soph, how could you?"Maura asked her softly shaking her head at her.

Maura Goldstein
Maura Goldstein
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Sixth Year Hufflepuff

Number of posts : 1235

Back to top Go down

Post by Sophia Granger Mon Jun 30, 2014 5:08 pm

Sophia looked at Henry and smiled. " You're welcome Henry."said Sophia softly but honestly. Seeing him blushing she giggled at him, she knew that she shouldn't be it was funny to her. " What's there to be embarrassed about Henry? You were honest about it. " said Sophia honestly. " I don't think there's nothing to be embarrassed about, you're opening up!"said Sophia smiling at him. " Well...at least more than you were, but none the less I'm proud of you! "said Sophia smiling at him.

Hearing Maura call through the house, Sophia froze in her spot her eyes wide. " In here Mars!"Sophia called through the kitchen as she heard her footsteps coming nearer. " Might as well get this over with, she was going to know sooner or later! "Sophia thought to herself. Seeing her walk in and see Henry, Sophia looked down and cursed to herself as Maura went off on her. As Maura stopped her rant Sophia looked between Maura and Henry.

" Listen to me Mars, he's different he's not the same person as he was! "said Sophia softly but honestly. " Besides if he wanted to hurt me, wouldn't he of done it a long time ago? "Sophia asked her softly. " I know all the stuff he did to you and Hallie, I was the one who had to heal you and give Hallie her leg! " said Sophia honestly. " But he needed my help Mars, and I believe that there's good in him I honestly do!"said Sophia softly but honestly. " I'm sorry for doing this Mars, but I just couldn't turn away from him he needed me!"said Sophia.

" He been staying here since he gotten out at St. Mungo's, I helped him overcome a drug overdose while we were in the holding cell at the ministry. " said Sophia honestly. " We didn't get along at first, but I refused to give up on him just like I do with any of my patients! "said Sophia softly but honestly. " If you're thinking there's anything else between us, you're wrong. "said Sophia. " We might be friends if you want to say that, we understand each other but as for romantic feelings we don't have anything right Henry? "Sophia asked him softly. " I'm just helping him get clean Mars, and he has no where else to go and I couldn't leave him on the street you know that I'm not that heartless! "said Sophia honestly.
Sophia Granger
Sophia Granger
Seventh Year Gryffindor
Seventh Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 11575

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Yewbeam Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:17 pm

Henry smiled. Opening up certainly had helped him through the stages after he experienced severe withdrawal symptoms. You could say that the addiction started as a way to escape and clpse himself off from the world. He'd lost Hallie, his friends, his place as Quidditch captain and soon started to not know how to deal with things. Henry turned to dark magic, turned himself away from others and soon the drugs came into play.

Maura was here. Maura Goldstein. The Hufflepuff girl a year younger, the one who had been Hallie's best friend, the girl he had cursed in his abduction of Hallie. Until now he had completely forgotten what he'd done to her. The death eater had heard all about Hallie's recovery owing to how it was such a fiasco but checking up on Maura wasn't something that he had done. How would she react when she saw him?

It wasn't good. Her shouting didn't phase him, nor the disappointed expression on her face. Instead it was her words and the site of the little girl on her hip. Henry had put her in a coma when she was pregnant, it was lucky the girl on her hip was alive today. It stung. Knowing that he could easily have taken two lives away and he hadn't remembered or acknowledged that part of his death eater mission. Now he knew, he knew he had to break ties with the death eaters.

Henry hadn't really been listening to Sophia he was transfixed, horrified at how far into drugs and dark magic the ex-Gryffindor had gotten that the near murder of Maura and her daughter had escaped his memory. Although Sophia's words did eventually ditract him.

Hearing her tell Maura about how there was a good person within him shook him, he'd heard her tell him before but now there was another witness and that made it all the more real. More to that the healer had called him a friend and that, that meant a lot to Henry. He finally had someone care about him the way he needed. Someone waa dependant of a friendship with him, he qas tied to someone and that only encouraged him to stay strony and stay clean.

Henry's gaze moved from Ciara to Maura. He wanted to apologise, say he hadn't meant to hurt her but that would be alive. Henry was sorry, sorry beyond words but at that moment in time Yewbeam had intended to hurt. It was his first mission set out to kill Hallie on orders of Theodore Rookwood's Father and Maura, innocent Maura, had been an obstaxle. A threat.

'Sophia's right.' Henry told her. 'I'm not thw Henry who put you in a coma, at least... at least I don't think I am.' The death eater continued honestly but still a hint of self doubt riddled into his words before looking her boldly in the eye: 'I'm sorry.'

Gosh that had been hard, scary and something he would have rather avoided. Henry could have let Sophia's words try and convince Maura quite easily but something inside of him, something he used to have, something that had landed him into Gryffindor had gotten him through the paonful apology. That thing, the quality that had been buried away hidden for too long? Courage.
Henry Yewbeam
Henry Yewbeam
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 114
Special Abilities : Apparation

Back to top Go down

Post by Maura Goldstein Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:06 am

Sophia looked at Sophia in shock,  how could she invite Henry into her home after everything that he did?  Have she completely lost her damn bloody mind?  Here she was defending Henry like he was a long time friend of hers that she knew in Hogswarts.  But knowing Sophia,  she probably did know him considering that they were almost the same age.   Maura didn't know what she more,  if she was angry or confused why she was helping Henry.

Listening to her story,  Maura looked at Henry and did see that he didn't have that evil glare to him anymore.  But It still didn't help that he almost killed her by putting her in a coma and he hurt and tortured her best friend! Maura told him countless of times that he used to be so good,  but she didn't know what happened to him.  Now here he was before her in Sophia's house and she was treating him as if he was a friend!  It just didn't go well with Maura at all.

Maura's shot a glare at Henry,  her chocolate brown eyes glaring daggers at him.  " You think that you can just say sorry after everything that you did?"Maura asked him angrily.   " You almost killed me and my daughter and hurt my best friend!""Maura hissed at him.   " You might of change in Sophia's eyes Yewbeam,  but to me your a scum! "said Maura.  " If you want my trust and forgiveness you got to earn it!"Maura spat at him.

Shooting daggers at Sophia or least tired to due to Sophia shooting them back at her Maura sighed. " As for any romantic feelings for each other, I don't quite believe that to the slightest he been here way to long for you two not to have feelings for each other! "said Maura honestly. " I can't believe this Sophia, you're falling for the person who hurt me and Hallie! Have you lost your freaking mind or are you just desperate for love? "Maura asked her shaking her head. Maura couldn't understand why she was helping Henry when he hurt Hallie and put her in a coma. Maura knew there had to be some reason why she was helping him, it wasn't because she saw the good in him, she wasn't buying that one bit.
Maura Goldstein
Maura Goldstein
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Sixth Year Hufflepuff

Number of posts : 1235

Back to top Go down

Post by Sophia Granger Wed Jul 02, 2014 3:29 pm

Sophia knew that Maura couldn't see the good in Henry like she did, but Sophia knew that it was only a matter of time before she did. " I never lied to you it Mars, you got to trust and believe me when I say he has changed! "said Sophia softly but honestly. " I spent almost a month with him Maura, and I know that he really wants to change! said Sophia honestly. " Believe me the first couple of days weren't easy, and we hated each other guts and there was close to a couple of dueling matches but we gotten over it!"said Sophia softly but honestly. " Even if you disagree with what I'm doing which I sense that you do, I'll still help him!"said Sophia.

Sophia sighed, she knew Maura was going to say something like that, but she knew to well not to duel in her place. Besides, Sophia was way more advance then she was so it wasn't like she could win. " Don't worry Mars, Henry will prove to you and everyone else that he has changed! "said Sophia simply. " He been clear since he gotten out of St. Mungo's, I made sure of that myself! "said Sophia softly but honestly. " Henry doesn't have anything on him, and he hasn't for almost a month and I'm proud of him! "said Sophia honestly.

Sophia's eyes widened at what she said. "Maura there's nothing going on between us, I swear! "said Sophia honestly. " We're just really good friends and I'm helping him get clean!"said Sophia softly but honestly. Sophia looked at Maura angrily as her eyes burned with anger. " I don't have feelings for him, and no I'm not sleeping with him, I'm not an slut you know! "said Sophia angrily but hurt that one of her best friends would think that. Holding back tears that tried to escape her eyes she shot daggers at her.

" Sophia glared at Maura as tears came down her face, Sophia never cried in front of anyone, but what Maura said really got to her. " I think you should leave Maura, if you have nothing else here to do. " said Sophia softly. " I sense that Ryo already knows about this, if he's mad at me to I'll understand but he bound to already know we are bounded by blood as you two are bounded by love. " said Sophia softly but honestly as she looked down at her plate before looking up at Maura who shot a glare at her before storming angrily out of the house. Pushing her plate away, she busted into tears not caring if Henry was in front of her or not. "I can't believe she said that to me, how could she? "Sophia asked softly.

Looking up at Henry, she wiped her tears as new ones came down her cheeks. " I might lose my friends for this, but I'm not giving up on you Henry we came to far to throw it away now! "said Sophia softly but honestly. Although she thought she now lost her sister in law and maybe her brother, made Sophia feel angry and sad that they didn't trust her words. Sophia was crying out of hurt and anger, something she haven't done in a long time.
Sophia Granger
Sophia Granger
Seventh Year Gryffindor
Seventh Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 11575

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top