Marriage is Murder - Page 88
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Marriage is Murder - Page 88 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Marriage is Murder

Page 88 of 99 Previous  1 ... 45 ... 87, 88, 89 ... 93 ... 99  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Marriage is Murder - Page 88 Empty Re: Marriage is Murder

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Oct 12, 2014 11:23 am

Edward left to go to Tuscany and get some additional workers for the fields. He wasn't gone very long before he returned.

"Give them an hour," Edward said. "They're having a late lunch themselves. Brian was helping Abbey to a serving of berries when he heard the twins start to cry upstairs.

"I think that's my cue," he said.

"They're probably hungry too," Edward said. "Want a hand?"

"If you're not afraid of diapers," Brian said. Angus went to the kitchen to get bowls of rice cereal for the babies.

"You have no idea how many of those I've changed," Edward said dryly. He went with Brian upstairs and helped Brian change the diapers on the twins. They brought the boys downstairs and put them in their high chairs. Brian managed to feed both babies without much trouble.

"Give yourselves 30 minutes or so as a bit of a break before you all head back out," Robert said. "I have a few paperwork things to see to, and then I'll be out." He excused himself and went to Brian's office to take care of some paperwork things.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 22653
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Brant Ezekiel Crawford Sun Oct 12, 2014 1:18 pm

Brant smiled he felt it would be good to catch up with the family and take his mind off the current situation. Jess nodded and sighed " guess this means I am feeding an army at dinner tonight " she said and chuckled " but happens I have just the thing, cassidy could you help me once the children are full and happy to play.?" she asked and Cassidy nodded she would as she fed little Michael.

Jack watched Brant and shook his head " love struck again Brant, becoming a regular thing with you." he joked but when he saw the scowl on Brant's face he chuckled knowing what he'd meant as a joke was true.

Brant scowled at Jack for a moment then shook his head. " just leave it Jack please" he asked and was glad when he didn't say any more. Brant excused himself and headed to the potions lab.
Brant Ezekiel Crawford
Brant Ezekiel Crawford
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Number of posts : 850

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Oct 12, 2014 5:43 pm

Upstairs, Khaat finally woke. Marcus had eaten while she slept. He could see that Robert's spell had hit her rather hard. She was groggy. It seemed to be taking her a moment to orient to where she was.

"You're in your room," he told her quietly.

"What time is it?" she asked.

"Just a bit before one. Shoulder better?"

"Um...not nearly as bad," she said.

"I've never seen anyone do that sort of touch healing."

"Me neither," she said. "I was taught that doing it too fast risked merely transferring the pain from patient to healer." She yawned.

"Clearly, he didn't care," Marcus said.

"Or believed he could do it," she said.

"Your lunch is here. You should eat something."

She waved the idea away. "Its cold now." He scowled at her. That was a lame excuse. He was a wizard. Reheating food took nothing to do.

"I'd rather have coffee," she said.

"And I'd rather you had your soup and then gave it a rest," he said. She tried to move her arm, but it didn't move. She sighed heavily. "He didn't promise to give you movement," Marcus said. "He only promised to try to reduce your pain temporarily." He flicked his wand at her soup, and once she had eaten, she showered off all the dirt and grime from the field work and chose a simple pair of leggings and an oversized cable knit sweater.

He talked her into reading a book. She curled up in a chair by the window, and as he was sending their trays back downstairs, he heard a soft thud. He glanced towards her and saw she'd already dozed off, her book falling to the floor.

He smiled, glad it was going to be a quiet afternoon. He picked up the book, lit the bedroom fireplace with his wand, and draped a throw over her, letting her sleep.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Brant Ezekiel Crawford Sun Oct 12, 2014 8:08 pm

Brant had decided to leave going to the lab but to shower and change, He walked past Khaat and Brian's room and smiled seeing Marcus with Khaat. "The rest is good for her." He said staying at the door so not to intrude. He steeped out of the way as the tray floated past him and down stairs.

He sighed seeing the tray untouched "Not eating will not help help healing any." He said his left hand hid in his pocket hiding the bandage he had on it. He watched Khaat sleep then nodded as he moved to his room to wash and change the light bandage.

Moving back into his room he showered and felt normal again moving to the bed he lay down one arm behind his head as he thought about the day. It was now a knock came at his door and he walked over to it. Opening it he saw Jack stood in the door way.

"Hey you Okay I didn't mean anything earlier" he said and Brant chuckled.

"Its okay, this thing with Amelia has got me all....turned around" he told him as he walked back to the bed. Jack followed him in but left the door open.

"Hey don't let that get you down, from what I heard she wasn't
going to sick around." Jack sighed " guess Steven and I touched lucky with Cassidy and Jess" he said with a small smile. " Shes out there some place waiting for her knight in shinning...well shes out there for you, give it time." He stood up and started back to the door " Jess is making cookies you want some?" this made Brant laugh and climb off the bed.

"Sure, why not" he said and walked down stairs.
Brant Ezekiel Crawford
Brant Ezekiel Crawford
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Oct 12, 2014 8:31 pm

"She ate her soup," Marcus said. "I think Robert's spell sort of zapped her a bit. She'll be okay if she gets a chance to rest up. She hasn't had much of any sort of pain relief but with rare exception. Obviously she's not going to go back out to pick tomatoes."

Downstairs, Brian, Kate, and Michael were finishing up putting Khaat's kids to bed for their afternoon naps and were getting ready to go back outside. Brian had lost track of Edward. Kate pointed outside to the yard, where Edward was waiting on the Donohues that he had gotten to agree to come help.

Angus and the house elves were meeting about work that needed to be done in the new summer kitchen to preserve the overabundant harvest, and it all needed to be done while the harvest was at the peak of freshness. Angus, Kate, Michael and the elves were planning on just spending whatever time was needed to get it all done.

Robert was still preoccupied in the office. Gideon Pierce was getting to be quite a problem. Robert didn't see it possible for him to let Gideon have any more power in the ministry. He was going to have to put a stop to him--and very, very soon.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Brant Ezekiel Crawford Sun Oct 12, 2014 8:45 pm

Brant walked with Jack down to the kitchen he saw Edward out side and headed out slowly walking slowly up to him. "What time did they say they would arrive?" He asked now standing beside him as he waited with him. Jack moved to the kitchen and smiled at all the food that now was laid out there in the pantry.

" wow nice going" he said picking up a cookie that Jess had made and left to cool while she had Cassidy had finished clearing the table once the children had gone for their naps. Steven walked in and shook his head. " what there good" he said smiling as he placed one in his mouth and scooped up a second before leaving to sit in the living room.

"Looks like were going to have a surplus this yeah" Steven said "I'll make arrangements for a Large walk in freezer to be placed in the growing house so we can store some in it, as back up." He said
Brant Ezekiel Crawford
Brant Ezekiel Crawford
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Oct 12, 2014 9:02 pm

"Should be here shortly," Edward said. "They were just about to eat when I got there, and you know no one ever rushes a meal in Italy. They'll be along."

"How about putting the extra freezer in the new summer kitchen?" Angus asked. "I've got lots of shelves there for canned goods and dry goods, but an extra freezer is probably wise. I have two in there already, but I think we probably would use another. I've got two walk in refrigerators there already too. With the walk in fridge in the house, I'm hoping its enough."

"Looks like Edward's fertilizer potion worked very well indeed," Kate said. "Our crops have never looked this abundant. Robert's walked through the fields regularly, and I don't know when he's ever been so pleased with any harvest. But we've never fed so many either.

"I think you lot should go ahead on to the fields," she said. "Brian's already out there, and he took Michael and the ground crew with him. Angus and I and the elves will be along in a moment. We're almost finished here."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Brant Ezekiel Crawford Sun Oct 12, 2014 9:39 pm

Brant chuckled and nodded " yeah, I remember " He said and shifted his feet as he stood waiting with him." can I ask you something?" He looked at him.

Steven listened to Angus and nodded he looked at Kate and again nodded his head. "Good, sounds better than out in the storage building." He said now thinking just how big to make it he would have several shelves to one side and a space to put meat if they needed to stockpile for any reason. " I'll get right on it , should only take a day or two." He told him " I can rope Jack in to help for the heavy lifting." He heard Kate mention the potion and chuckled " yes, I think it worked a little too well." looking at the boxes that were stacked by the door still.

"How are the fruits doing?" Jack asked walking into the kitchen. Steven looked at them both.

" not bad but could be better" he said " the colds doing them no good the ones inside are flourishing though." he smiled taking a cookie and biting into it with a smile.
Brant Ezekiel Crawford
Brant Ezekiel Crawford
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Oct 12, 2014 9:51 pm

"You can ask," Edward said. "How good my answers might be depends on the question."

Kate and Angus and the elves closed their notebooks where they'd each made notes about preserving the harvest. With a wave, Dottie sent the books away to their places. The elves rose quickly, ready to work. Angus rose, too, ready to go back out. Kate rose just a bit more slowly.

"Stiff?" Angus asked her.

"Just a bit," Kate said. "I haven't picked a big harvest by hand in a few years."

"Well, when we're done, you should go into St. Mungos for a massage. You deserve it. Maybe Khaat would like to go with you. She doesn't get to go out much right now. That might be good for her."

"It might. Oh, lets go before I decide I'm just entirely too old to do this," she said. She headed back out to the fields.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Brant Ezekiel Crawford Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:44 pm

Brant shifted where he stood. "Yeah, I know" He said now pacing as if he tried to figure how to put in words what he wanted to ask. Then he stopped and looked at him. "Okay, I went to my solicitors about Amelia and where I stood, that part I'm okay with but while there I stopped at Sparks where...." He paused again." I got to talking with a most fascinating women, her name is Chocola." He paused again knowing he was smiling as he had said her name.

"Any way we talked I told her about Amelia and what I did, she told me what she does and well, I ended up holding her hand in mine, she...she didn't mind." He ran his fingers through his hair as he looked at Edward. " I guess what I'm asking is...did you ever feel that one woman could excite, captivate and enthrall you all at the same time?" he asked.
Brant Ezekiel Crawford
Brant Ezekiel Crawford
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 88 of 99 Previous  1 ... 45 ... 87, 88, 89 ... 93 ... 99  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum