Sparks Fly
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Sparks Fly  Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Sparks Fly

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sparks Fly  Empty Sparks Fly

Post by Rosanna Parker Wed Jan 01, 2014 9:45 pm

Cupid was finally back at Hogwarts after the Christmas break. He'd missed it, which was unusual for the Slytherin. The previous years he'd not wanted to return to the castle but rather stay at home in the family manor where he could do what he wanted when he wanted. Rebecca was different, she missed the education, although Cupid saw it as a waste of time at times given the fact he didn't need straight outstandings to become famous. Fame. That was why he'd missed Hogwarts, for once he was one of the popular people, he wasn't wearing camouflage or an invisibility cloak all thanks to the party. The Slytherin had intended it, of course. He'd done it, not for the enjoyment, not to have a good time with Katie, but to gain popularity. Mission accomplished.

One thing that he didn't foresee was that he'd lose Katie as a friend. Not that Cupid was thinking he'd lost her, more that she was in a bit of a strop however the tantrum had gone long enough. Since there rendezvous at Hogsmede he hadn't heard or seen for Katie. Today was the first weekend back at Hogwarts and Cupid was going to hunt his stubborn little friend down.

After spending most of the day hunting her down and having no success Cupid was lost for ideas. He'd searched the owlery, the library, which took a very long time; the Great Hall, the trophy room, he'd even sent Rebecca into the girl lavatory and Ravenclaw Tower to see if she was there: no luck. The only place that remained was the grounds, which if it was midnight he would have looked first but being the middle of the day? Surely Katie wasn't there.

Walking down the slopping laws towards the lake, Katie's usual spot, a figure on the lake caught his eye. It wasn't Katie but her friend, he'd remembered meeting the blonde at the Christmas Party the darn thing that had caused the Ravenclaw to fly off the map. Ducking down under a snowball fight and passing a couple of first years building a snowman Cupid reached the edge of the frozen lake. Medusa wasn't the only one on the lake, a couple of couples and a large group of Gryffindors were skating around the icy plain.

What was her name again? Dora? No. Delilah? No. It definitely began with D though. He had it:

'Daisy!' Cupid called, waving a hand at Medusa, not realising that he had mistaken her name. Typical. Cupid was to blame for his lack of memory but you could hardly blame him, sure he had spent a fair bit of time with Medusa at the start of the party but rising to the top of the social ladder in the space of three hours mean't the Slytherin had been introduced to dozens of new names and faces.

At least he remembered it began with a D.
Rosanna Parker
Rosanna Parker

Number of posts : 181
Special Abilities : Apparation | Non-Verbal Magic

Back to top Go down

Sparks Fly  Empty Re: Sparks Fly

Post by Medusa Hunt Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:45 pm

Medusa was furious, she was angry at everything that was gotten on around her, from Katie being in a coma to the ministry ruining their lives again! There was so much anger in the fourteen year old blonde girl she thought she was going to explode soon. Medusa never been this angry before, but she honestly couldn't take how things were turning out any longer! Katie was in a coma and god knows when she'll wake up and on top of that she was force to leave Hogwarts! Things weren't going well to ring off the new year!

Although no one knew about Katie being at St. Mungo's but her and Sophia for the time being. She haven't even told Cupid who seemly took a interest in all the sudden finding out where Katie's where about was. Medusa on the other hand keeping her promise to Katie much to her dismay, didn't tell a soul where she was at or what she was doing. Besides, Cupid didn't care before what made him care now? Medusa was furious at Cupid, how could he turn way from Katie like that when Katie been nothing but good to him and helped him get everything he has now?

Seeing a familiar blonde hair coming towards her, Medusa ignored him and kept skating around the lake. She was to mad at him to talk to him, and he didn't even know what she was mad at him for! Plus he also said her nickname wrong which also made her mad! How could he forget her nickname? nearly everyone says it! Not to mention she told him at the party, was he that self centered now that he forgot?

Medusa didn't know nor did she care, he hurt Katie in more ways then he knew, physically and emotionally. He took her and did nothing more then just her and her feelings and take them for a ride and throw her to the side when he was done. Katie never deserved what she gotten by Cupid or Jeremy but she did, and Medusa was going to make sure they never heard the end of it. That was reason Medusa hated both of them right now, she hated them for hurting and crushing Katie. She was a innocent and sweet girl, always helping other but she almost ended her life with a potion and a sharp knife if Katie would of caught her.
Medusa Hunt
Medusa Hunt
Fifth Year Ravenclaw
Fifth Year Ravenclaw

Number of posts : 101

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosanna Parker Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:03 am

The Slytheirn could have sworn the Ravenclaw had looked his way, he was certain that it was Katie's friend from the part, it was definitely Daisy. Wait. Daisy wasn't right, wasn't it Dessa? Yes, now the more Cupid thought about it the girl was definitely Dessa. Their introduction came flooding back to him now. Dessa was short for Medusa, although she asked people to call her Dessa because she hated her name, much like Cupid had done as a child.

'Hey, Dessa!' Cupid called, correcting himself. 'Dessa have you seen Katie?' If she hadn't seen her then only Lord would know where on earth the Ravenclaw had gotten too. Perhaps she was with her brother somewhere, then again Cupid had no idea where Kenneth would be. Then a thought stuck the Slytherin. Katie had been talking about wanting to join Potter's Army. Could she be at a meeting? If she was signing up then she could have took Cupid along with her, or at least checked to see if he wanted to go.
Rosanna Parker
Rosanna Parker

Back to top Go down

Post by Medusa Hunt Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:23 am

Medusa looked at him with fire in her eyes as he called her by her nickname. When he asked where Katie was, it only made her blood boil more. Skating over towards him she skidded to a halt as ice from the lake came his way. She didn't care if she gotten him wet or cold, in her opinion he was already cold hearted! "Yes I know where she is, but why do you care all the sudden? you didn't before!"said Medusa coldly.

Shaking her head at him, Medusa went back to skating along on the lake as if Cupid wasn't even there. She wasn't going to tell him where Katie was, she was surprised that he even cared about Katie! He didn't seem worry about her at the party or the day after it, he was to wrapped up in his stupid fame nonsense. No she wasn't about to tell him where Katie was, she wanted to see him suffer! But was Medusa really that cold hearted? No she wasn't, but she was so mad at Cupid she wanted to see him suffer for what he did!

Medusa knew that was mean and cold, but it was no more meaner then what he did to Katie. Medusa wasn't even talking to him, he probably thought it was because of the party but he was wrong. She wasn't only mad because of that, she was mad about the fact of what made Katie do all this stuff to herself! It was him, Katie did all this stuff because of him! Although he didn't know that had crushed Katie, he was to wrapped into his fame to noticed or care.

Medusa Hunt
Medusa Hunt
Fifth Year Ravenclaw
Fifth Year Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosanna Parker Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:47 am

Well that was a start, someone knew where Katie was even if they didn't want to tell him. Just as he was about to ask where Katie was, Medusa had skated away leaking behind spits of frozen ice that had melted onto his trousers, leaving them slightly damp. How rude.

What was ruder was the fact that before Cupid could even answer Dessa she had left him, zoomed off before hearing his side to the story. The Slytherin had admitted that it was wrong and he shouldn't have left her at the party but he had thought it was what she had wanted given the fact Katie had told him too! Moreover she seemed happy to accept his invitation to Hogsmede and had thanked him in the letter for the necklace he had gotten her for Christmas. Girls.

Shaking his head Cupid called out to Katie. 'I don't all of a sudden care! I never stopped caring.' He paused. Wow, he didn't mean it to have sounded do defensive. A few of the first years building snowmen looking eagerly to each other.

'I didn't do anything wrong! And Katie seemed fine when she wrote to me over Christmas thanking me for the present I bought her!' That wasn't entirely true, technically it was his Mother's money but he was the one who chose the accessory. It was all him, and maybe Becca too.
Rosanna Parker
Rosanna Parker

Back to top Go down

Post by Medusa Hunt Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:14 am

Medusa looked at him and laughed her cold laugh which made a couple of first years give her a frighten look. "Wow... really, you thought that was Katie who wrote you? I wrote that letter for Katie because she was to upset to write you!"said Medusa. "She didn't even want to go to Hogsmeade with you but I persuade to go hoping you'll apologize to her!"said Medusa angrily. "You don't know nothing Cupid, I do I was there when she was crying her eyes out in the common room the day after the party!"said Medusa her eyes eyes glaring at him with fire in them. "Do you even bother asking how she was after the party? No you didn't you let that damn fame of yours go to your thick skull head!"said Medusa.

When he said he didn't do anything wrong Medusa almost fell on the floor laughing. "Oh really you didn't uh, lets go over the things you done so far shall we?"Medusa asked him with a sickly sweet smile. "You left her on the ground on a patch of ice in the cold while she was already sick!"said Medusa. "Oh... I heard about that Cupid, left her for your group of friends outside on the ground pf... some friend you are!"said Medusa rolling her eyes and crossing her arms. "Not to mention you didn't even think to check to see how she was doing for a damn week Cupid, like I said your to wrapped up in your fame to care!"said Medusa angrily.

"Oh by the way, you know that necklace you gotten her? she hasn't took that thing off since you gave it to her!"said Medusa. "She told me it's the only thing she has of you that was the Cupid that she knew before you started acting like a complete arse to her!"said Medusa. "You have no idea what you done to her Cupid physically and emotionally!"said Medusa. "Damn it, I said to much!"Medusa thought to herself cursing to herself. "I need to walk away, before I start to act just like my father when he gets mad, but after all it's in my blood I am a Hunt after all!"said Medusa muttered to herself before she walked off.

Medusa needed to calm down, when she gotten mad she had the worse habit of exploding, she was like a exploding volcano that would go off any minute when she was mad. When Medusa was mad, she had the worse habit of exploding and biting people's heads off and not thinking twice about it. She was very much like her father in so many ways.

Medusa Hunt
Medusa Hunt
Fifth Year Ravenclaw
Fifth Year Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosanna Parker Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:36 am

That was a lot of information to take in thirty seconds and the majority made absolutely no sense what so ever. For one he hadn't left Katie outside on the ice, he hadn't known she was even outside on the ice until Becca had told him. Cupid couldn't simply do anything right lately, if it wasn't Becca nagging him about one thing or another it was Medusa screaming across the lake at him. If he had followed Katie, helped her up off the ground it wouldn't have helped the situation she would still have stormed off in a hussy fit.

So Katie hadn't happily accepted his invitation? She'd been crying her eyes out in the common room the entire next day? Why hadn't Becca told him? Or had she and had simply chosen to ignore her, well if it started off as a rant about not doing enough study then he would have zoned out instantly. That was hardly his fault!

'Hold on, what?' Cupid shouted as Medusa walked away. What was that supposed to mean that she was physically and emotionally hurt? Had, had Katie done something? Had something happened to his Ravenclaw friend or was Dessa simply referring to the time when she'd fell on the ice. If that was the case what a pansy, however Cupid thought not.

"I need to walk away, before I start to act just like my father when he gets mad, but after all it's in my blood I am a Hunt after all!"

The fact she had was given the impression that she'd said too much was enough to suggest otherwise. But it wasn't the physical and emotional pain Katie was in that had gotten Cupid in a state of confusion.

act just like my father when he gets mad. Cupid had found an article where his Father had lost his temper when he had been denied custody of him and Becca, lost his temper to the point that he had attempted to jinx the wizengamot members.

It's in my blood I am a Hunt. What was that name she said?

I am a hunt. Cupid stared frozen at Medusa's back as she skated away in a temper, a temper like one that her Father must have a lot. A temper that had gotten his Father into trouble. His Father who was called Peter Hunt. Was? Did that mean that? Was Medusa? Was he and-?

'Cupid, will you stop arguing!' The sound of Becca once again telling him what to do rang in his ear. Although, for once he didn't retort, nor did it bother him. Sure he had heard her voice but Cupid hadn't listened to a word she'd said.

Turning around, pale faced and wide-eyed Cupid stared blankly at Becca, his lip trembling in shock.

'Oh for crying out loud there's no need to-' Becca's words were cut off.

'Is Medusa our, our, our-'

'Shut up, Cupid.' Becca instructed, a sharpness to her tone.

'No, Becca, listen is Cupid our, our-?'

'Cupid, let's go and get some food.' His sister said, hoping to divert his sudden realisation of something that didn't make a slight bit of difference.

'NO!' Cupid shouted uncontrollably. 'IS MEDUSA OUR-'
Rosanna Parker
Rosanna Parker

Back to top Go down

Post by Medusa Hunt Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:59 am

Medusa turned around to face Cupid with fire in her blue eyes not even worried that Becca was now there.  "Oh... you didn't know let alone me and Becca, Katie had been taking various potions and cutting herself ever since the party!"said Medusa.  "I found her a couple of days ago in the girls' bathroom on the second floor doing that to herself!"said Medusa.  "I was there when she was doing that to herself, I seen the pain and hurt that were in her eyes!"said Medusa.  "As of right now, she's at St. Mungo's in coma so there I told you happy?"said Medusa with tears in her eyes.

Walking away from Becca and Cupid after she heard Cupid scream at Becca she turned around.  "Am your what?"Medusa asked him angrily.  "Tell me Cupid, what am I?" Medusa asked him angrily.  "I would like to hear what I am to you."said Medusa. "As far as I know of I'm a only child so you two can't be my siblings."said Medusa.

"Although... a long time ago my father Peter Hunt was gone all day, he didn't come home until late and was very furious!"said Medusa sighing at the memory.   "I never seen him so angry before, until my parents gotten into a fight when he was gone almost all day again, I didn't hear it all but my mother told him to stay away from them!"said Medusa.  "Ugh... why am I telling you this?!?" said Medusa ice skating away from them.

It was Medusa's worse memory, she was worn never to speak of that day to her mother or father again.  Although Medusa being the curious girl she was tried looking to see if she had any siblings, but she didn't find any papers or anything.  But something deep down inside of her told her differently.   Even if her mother and father didn't want to admit it,  she knew she had to have other siblings.  Her mother wouldn't had told her father to say away from them and if she didn't have siblings!
Medusa Hunt
Medusa Hunt
Fifth Year Ravenclaw
Fifth Year Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosanna Parker Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:16 am

'What has she been doing?' Becca shouted at Medusa, horrified at what had just escaped the blonde's mouth. Katie had been cutting and taking potions? Surely not? Why would she have kept it from her? It didn't make sense, Becca had been there, helped her on the Quidditch team, dried her tears yet her fellow Ravenclaw had failed to mention one thing: cutting and substance abuse.

'MEDUSA IS OUR SISTER!' Cupid yelled, still not listening to either of what Medusa or Becca were saying about Katie. All his life he'd been trying to know more about his Father. On a trip to the wizarding public library with their Grandma he'd found an old paper cutting, a paper cutting that read about Peter Hunt attacking members of the wizengamot, getting himself into a nasty temper. It was clear to Cupid Medusa had inherited that from their father.

Becca chose to ignore Cupid, instead she took a step onto the ice. It was dangerous, she could slip, but maybe if she could try and clam Dessa down, ask her to repeat what she had said then her nerves would calm. Katie couldn't be cutting? At the sound of the cutting a few students in a nearby snowball fight had stopped, the first years were now sat comfortably watching the drama on their half built snowmen.

'BECCA! MEDUSA IS OUR-'

'Yes I know, Cupid!' Becca cried, waving her hands in the air in irritation. 'I know she is our sister, I've known for ages.' She snapped, before slowly turning back around on the ice to head over and talk to Dessa in quiet about Katie.

'You know, wait, you, what? What do you?' Cupid stuttered.

Sighing Becca stood back onto the gravel, she may as well get Cupid over and done with, perhaps if everything started making sense in his head then he could help her focus on Katie. That was if his head didn't explode in the time it took for him to understand everything.

'I'm in her house. Her name is Medusa Hunt, our Dad is Peter Hunt. I didn't know for certain at first but it soon became clear.'

'What do you mean?'

'Just little things matched up to what we knew about him from when he came to see us that day. The day he promised he'd return but never did, Cupid. Why else do you think I try and avoid her at all costs?' Becca replied in a hushed voice so that the spectating students couldn't hear, along with Medusa who Becca presumed was still ice skating.
Rosanna Parker
Rosanna Parker

Back to top Go down

Post by Medusa Hunt Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:45 am

Medusa skidded to a halt as Cupid screamed the one thing that made her heart jump. "Wait... what?"Medusa asked them confused as she skated over towards them. "I can't be your sister, that's impossible!"said Medusa shaking her head. But then again it was possible, she and Cupid did look a lot alike as well as her and Becca some but she and Cupid looked more alike then anything.

"No... this can't be happening, I'm dreaming!"Medusa muttered to herself. "Is that why you always avoided me Becca?"Medusa asked her softly. "Listen if you hate me because of what my father did I'm sorry, I had no clue what he did!"said Medusa honestly. "Although all I know he was crying after my mother told him to stay away from you two!"said Medusa softly. 'Although I don't think mum and dad would be together much longer, they been fighting alot."said Medusa.

Although she was sort of happy to find out that Cupid and Becca were her half brother and sister, she was still worried about Katie though. "If you guys want to go see Katie she's in room 205 in the ICU department."said Medusa softly. "I just thought I'll let you two know."said Medusa softly. "Just try to visit her ok Cupid? even if she's in a coma it'll make her day if she was ok!"said Medusa before skating off.

Skating to the shore, Medusa flicked her wand at her ice skates before they turned back into shoes. Seeing how she wasn't going to be at Hogwarts much longer, Medusa decided it'll be a good day to see Katie again. Brushing the snow off her she looked at Cupid and Becca one last time before nodding at them.

"See you two around if your interested in seeing me."said Medusa softly before walking off towards Hogsmeade to write to Sophia to tell her to meet her in Hogsmeade so she can visit Katie.

Although Medusa was a bit happy now, but she was mainly focused on Katie. Katie was her best friend and was in ICU, she had to be there for her! Even if Becca and Cupid wasn't, that didn't mean that she didn't.
Medusa Hunt
Medusa Hunt
Fifth Year Ravenclaw
Fifth Year Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top