Deja Vu - The night after - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Deja Vu - The night after - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Deja Vu - The night after

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Deja Vu - The night after - Page 2 Empty Re: Deja Vu - The night after

Post by Thaorson Ian Elldir Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:30 am

"Yeah, they are very nice people" yeah, when we're not at each others throats. he thought to himself, with a small chuckle. The events of the last two days proved to him that the Lupin's were great allies to have.

For the second time that evening, Thaor found himself thinking about Miseria's beauty. It was something about the blue hair, it has to be that blue hair, he thought to himself.

What the hell is wrong with me? he thought, he had never had feelings for anyone before. He hadn't had time for them. Perhaps it was the new marriage law, seeing all the weddings, that had him thinking this way, but he was sure that Miseria and him would work out great.

Forgive me for asking, I know we've just met. But with the new marriage law, I've been looking for someone tolerable to marry until we can get that damned law off the books. he said, pausing to take another of his drink to calm his nerves. After the burning sensation left his throat, he continued. As I said, I know we've just met, but I think we would find it mutually beneficial to marry each other to avoid getting paired with someone we absolutely hated.
Thaorson Ian Elldir
Thaorson Ian Elldir
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Number of posts : 249
Occupation : Wizengamot Member, Senior Undersecretary to the Minister, Unspeakable

Back to top Go down

Post by Miseria Lupin Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:39 am

Miseria observed Thaor when he spoke again. Something in his voice, even his chuckle, betrayed that there had been some sort of conflicts between him and the rest of the Lupin family. Whatever was the reason for such action, she believed that she did not want any of this. Of course it was her family, but for now she wanted to stay away from all the fights for as long as possible. She just came back from her trip after all.

Shrugging the sensation of doubt off, she ordered another glass of firewhiskey and when it arrived, she did not drink it. Instead, the werewolf took the glass and examined the poison in it. It was so strange to sit here, in the bar, and drink. When she was younger, she hated alcohol for what it did to people. And look at her now. Drinking something that burned her insides and scortched her throat.

Miseria looked up. Ah, the new marriage law. Although it was something she did not like, it was also something she could not avoid. It was now only a metter of time till the Ministry will put her in pairs with someone. But who? She really hoped the man would not be someone who would kick the bucket soon after the marriage. What was the fun in that? His question made her chuckle, however. "If you are asking about suitable candidates, I currently know no one who is not married or who is up to it," she responded, letting the alcohol and her fogged mind speak.

However, when he continued, the pink glow disappeared from her cheeks. Marry Thaor? Son of her enemy? Alright, Thaor Sr was not exactly her enemy, but she listed him there simply because he tortured her once. To straighten up, she swallowed a big amount of her drink and breathed heavily. "But... don't you think that we should get to know each other? A bit at least?" Getting married... Honestly she wanted to form a nice family like Khaat, but rushing into a marriage like that was just... not like her.
Miseria Lupin

Number of posts : 3782

Back to top Go down

Post by Thaorson Ian Elldir Fri Dec 20, 2013 5:02 am

Thaor smiled as she replied, she would be the type to play hard to get, wouldn't she. He couldn't help but feel like she wondered what he had in common with the Lupins.

I know the Lupins fairly well, having worked with Robert for a while, and now our paths crossed again trying to find a cure for the curse my father, by no fault of his own, gave him. Thaor said, taking another sip of his drink. We get along perfectly, things have just been difficult lately, and tensions high. he said, motioning the bartender to take his drink, the bartender offered him another one, but he politely refused.

I do believe we should get to know each other, but, I forgot to mention one thing. Once the law is repealed, unless by some act of God, we are madly in love, we dissolve the marriage. This saves us from being paired with someone undesirable. And I feel comfortable, knowing your family very well, that we would get along long enough to be married, and get the law repealed. He said, looking into her eyes.

Just to let you know, my views, and allegiances, are different than my fathers. While he was an avid Death Eater, and well practiced in the Dark Arts. I neither share his Death Eater views, nor his love for the dark arts. My allegiance falls with the true Minister, and his family. Robert, Kate, Khaat, Brian and the others.
Thaorson Ian Elldir
Thaorson Ian Elldir
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Occupation : Wizengamot Member, Senior Undersecretary to the Minister, Unspeakable

Back to top Go down

Post by Miseria Lupin Fri Dec 20, 2013 5:54 pm

It was only a stupid question to ask who did not know Lupins or what sort of neutral person did not work with them for some reason. Well what can she say? Her family got around quite fast and with their allies, Lupin's powers were spreading like a plague. Miseria grinned at this thought and shook her head. The only one in their family who could bring plague was her, the other ones basically resembled to saints.

She looked at Thaor. This time she did not drink to get her thoughts straight. This man spoke what he thought and she had no rights to judge him simply by hearing him out. However she had different points of view. What if, for example, once they get married, they discover that their life together will be a living hell? She did not know what sort of person Thaor was, nor did she know anything about his history, so she dared to question his nerves. Knowing herself, Mis was quite a rebel. She never loved to listen other people and acting according a plan was simply out of the question. The werewolf loved to improvise, it was just part of her nature. As she examined Thaor, she could tell that he was more tactical than she, probably even more experienced, and they both have been through a lot.

"So that's how it is..." Miseria muttered, twisting her blue hair around her finger. So this marriage would bring good to him. "I don't want to ruin it for you, prince Charming, but I propose this: we will arrange other meetings to get to know each other better and only when we are certain that this will, for some time, work out, we will discuss about getting married and, if it will not turn out poorly, we will forget about everything. However..." she closed her eyes, drawing a deep breath. "We should announce this... That we are pair so that we would not get into anythign we would not want to. Agreed or do you have any other ideas?"
Miseria Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post by Thaorson Ian Elldir Wed Dec 25, 2013 9:25 am

Prince Charming? he thought to himself, he liked the sound of that. But he was quite sure he was the exact opposite. He smiled as he listened to Miseria's counter proposal. It was literally a 'counter proposal'. He liked the idea, announce they were together to avoid being paired with anyone else while they courted eachother.

That would buy them time, but they would have to get married eventually to avoid the dreadful marriage law. Who knows, maybe they'd even work well together and fall in love. If that were possible for him.

I like that idea, you are quite smart. he said with a smile. Well, when would you like to get to know eachother?
Thaorson Ian Elldir
Thaorson Ian Elldir
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Miseria Lupin Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:30 am

Miseria snorted, trying to hold back the urge to roll her eyes at his comment. Quite smart? She knew perfectly well that she did not even reach the quality of being smart. She was just an idiot with many ideas waiting for realization. Regardless, she decided to take this as a compliment, and if they were really about to announce that both of them were dating, Thaor Jr. better learn how to compliment her in other ways.

“Why not now?” she shrugged her shoulders. She was in no rush. After all, she just returned from her homeland and now she had some spare time to catch up and meet new friends and allies. “Let's start with you, shall we?” the blue haired maiden proposed, grin on her lips again.
She looked around only to discover that she had ran out of all liquids, but instead of ordering anything stronger, she went for a simple butterbeer. Better to stay sober if she had to remember facts about her future husband. That was If they were to stick together for so long.

Then Miseria arched her eyebrows slightly as if remembering that Thaor had also a choice in this matter. Chuckling with her bizarre laugh, she pointed her manicured finger towards the man:”Or are you in a hurry somewhere?” Her question was pointless. He came here for a drink, to mourn, and obviously plan things for the future now. He would not be going anywhere, she thought. “Alright, let's begin with this. How old are you, what is your favorite color, food, what types of places do you like and tell me a bit about your family.”
Miseria Lupin

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top