Wall Of Inspiration - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Wall Of Inspiration - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Wall Of Inspiration

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Wall Of Inspiration - Page 2 Empty Re: Wall Of Inspiration

Post by Guest Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:41 pm

Bertie nodded, he agreed with Jamie. He always found it difficult to communicate with boisterous, loud, Gryffindor's. Not that he didn't get on with them but being the quiet, shy, boy that he was meant that communicating with a lads-lad was rather difficult. His cousin Paul had been one, although that was different, he'd known Paul since before he'd became a Gryffindor lads-lad.

'I think it's good having house Quidditch teams.' Bertie said. 'It creates a bit of unity, like you said before and a friendly rivalry with friends from other houses.' What Bertie didn't mention was the unhealthy rivalry that it sometimes created. Notoriously between Gryffindor and Slytherin, so much so that the Slytherin's famously attempted to hex the Gryffindor players when their backs were turned. Something that brought Gryffindor together with Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw - even if Bertie sided with Slytherin, for Viv's sake. 

'That's what's bad about the houses. Stereotypes. Some people don't get to know others because of their stereotype. Then again, maybe we all stereotype even to our own houses?' Bertie didn't mention it but if Jamie had been wearing Gryffindor robes the Ravenclaw knew he would have been more shy and chances are would have left without two words. Just one: 'sorry'. He often apologised for being in places at times, although, Jamie had been wearing Ravenclaw robes. He'd not shied away from talking to her, which had been a good thing as Bertie was rather enjoying their intellectual conversation.  

'I wonder if we tried the sorting hat on again though, in our seventh year, we would all get the same house?' Bertie was rather sure he'd be sorted into Ravenclaw again, but he'd seen Slytherins become more Ravenclaw's or Hufflepuff's turn into Gryffindor's simply by discovering more of who they are as they grow up. It was true, the people who you were with shaped your personality... To an extent. It was the whole nature vs nurture argument Muggles had. Bertie giggled, it was peculiar how things interlinked with each other, things only noticeable upon deep thought.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamie Griggory Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:18 pm

"Probably we would all be hatstalls.You are not only shaped by the people who surround you but the things that happed to you.Probably if my parents hadn't passed away I wouldn't be as brave or protective of what I have.Having a nephew this early made me more patient than I would have probably been."She didn't care if she was telling her story to a stranger, even if she wasn't.Was it weird for her to consider Bertie as a friend seeing as it was the second time they had actually talked?At least she thought it wasn't and her own opinion was enough for her.

"If you think about it separating people is kind of cruel.You don't give them a chance to know each other and decide if they like each other you just make them rivals.I know that not all Slytherins are bad but when you meet one of them that you don't like you have this image that they are all like that."She said truthfully.
Jamie Griggory
Jamie Griggory
Sixth Year Ravenclaw
Sixth Year Ravenclaw

Number of posts : 204

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:26 pm

'Possibly.' Bertie replied whilst he listened to what Jamie was saying about her family history, how the death of her parents had made her into the person that she was. It was weird. Not only did people shape our personalities but events that happened to us. Hadn't that been what'd happened to Bertie? His Dad walking out, leaving his Mother a single parent, led him to be more comfortable around females, less of a lads-lad.

'I'm sorry, about your parents.' Bertie stated once she'd finished her story. Usually a story like that would have made the Ravenclaw uncomfortable yet, with Jamie it never - despite her being older also. Could it have been his own near-death experience that had led him to be more comfortable and respectful about death, or that he was beginning to consider Jamie Griggory a friend. 

Thinking about it, Bertie always felt more comfortable around people his own age or younger, especially females. Yet, behind that, most of his friends were older than him. How peculiar.

Bertie giggled. 'Like Romeo Zabini?' He asked. It was no secret what had happened earlier in the month when he'd fell flat on his face down a flight of stairs thanks to someone's certain stunning spell. Bertie had met Romeo a few times, although hadn't spoken to him. He'd simply come over to say something to Viv, flirt a little on odd occasions. In all honesty the fellow seemed an okay person, slightly irritating with his excessive flirting but he wasn't a bad person. Not that Bertie knew anyway. 
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamie Griggory Sun Sep 22, 2013 12:23 am

"It's okay.They are still taking care of me.Up there and right here."She showed him her wrist.She had a thin,blue and bronze bracelet."This is what my brother calls the lucky bracelet.My father created them.It warns me when danger is near it's like a sneakoscope but instead of making noises and spinning it give me the feeling that danger is near.We have 27 right now and my brother is trying  to find the other ones.Here have this one we have plenty."Carter didn't want Jamie to go through anymore tragedies so he had given her some of the remaining bracelets a week ago since he said he had found more in their mothers jewel box.She was planing to give one to Maura but she hadn't seen her.

Jamie started laughing."Yes like Romeo Zabini.I got mad because he said something offensive to one of my friends so I stunned him.Besides he tried to flirt with me.I know I'm single but I'm sure that will change very soon."She stopped laughing when she remembered what Romeo said to Maura but she smiled again as she finished talking.
Jamie Griggory
Jamie Griggory
Sixth Year Ravenclaw
Sixth Year Ravenclaw

Number of posts : 204

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:07 am

Bertie tilted his head in fascination at the wrist band. It really was a wonderful world the magical world, it was a shame that it was sworn to secrecy. Muggles could benefit so much from the aid of wizards, whether it be cures for diseases, easy-fix-problems or sensing danger. Albeit there were no 'dark arts', but dark areas and danger lurked within the alley ways of every walk of life, including muggles. 

'R-really?!' Bertie gasped. Jamie was giving him a present, already, perhaps she felt how he did: that they were friends. Holding his hand out to take it Bertie paused, 'But I don't have anything for you in return.' Pondering for a moment, he could write her a poem. Although she probably wouldn't want that, or perhaps a poem about the sorting hat and what they'd discussed. He could even have it framed. That'd be a great thank you present and the start of their friendship.

Bertie laughed. Jamie reminded him of Viv a bit. They said what they thought in a comical, yet blunt, sort of way. Almost as if they had no filter, although Viv had a filter. A filter she could control but often dropped around Bertie - because of the trust. 

'I guess I could write you something?' Bertie suggested, 'I like to write.' As he said those four final words his entire face illuminated. Writing and being creative was what defined the inner core of Bertius Peter Nogard. 
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top