Codes and Oaths - Page 3
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Codes and Oaths - Page 3 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Codes and Oaths

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Codes and Oaths - Page 3 Empty Re: Codes and Oaths

Post by Marcus Belby Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:48 pm

Marcus was about to gather up the people he had with him to finish the briefing they started and address the questions Hallie had asked when Brian shouted down the hallway to him as they rushed Khaat towards the lift to go to the operating room.

"Belby! I thught I told you to scrub in. Move it!" Brian's orders were very militaristic. Firm.

Marcus looked at the rest of them. "And now I'm a surgeon," Marcus sighed. "Lee, Do you mind..."

"What do I need to know?" Lee asked.

"James," Marcus said solemnly. Lee's face darkened.

"Enough said," Lee said quietly. "I think that explains just about everything."

"Except that he's targeting anything human now," Marcus said. "The plan has changed."

"Well, that's not what I wanted to hear. You're just full of joy, aren't you?"

"Don't let him eat anyone while I'm gone," Marcus said. He looked at Hallie and Carter. "I'm sorry I haven't introduced you properly, but you're definitely safe in following his lead. I'll see you both later." Marcus dashed down the hallway after Brian.

Lee looked at the others. "And I should start, probably, by telling you not just who I am but what the heck an American like me has to do with all of this British mess, shouldn't I?"
Marcus Belby
Marcus Belby
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Number of posts : 182
Special Abilities : Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Carter Griggory Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:04 pm

Don't let him eat anyone.That was the only thing going through Carter's mind.I singed up for this and now I can't be a coward and run away.I'm doing this to protect Austin I can't back down now. "Yes and introduction would be helpful,sir"He said respectfully.He didn't care why an American was here helping with British business,he appreciated it actually.Carter loosened his tie a little.

Carter's hair turned yellow again showing that he was worried.He just wanted to be next to Austin, he wanted to hug him and say goodbye just in case he was caught of guard.He didn't know what would be of Jamie if that happened.Lucca's family or Logan's would take her in.I need to stop thinking about the worst that could happen and concentrate.His hair was still yellow even though he wasn't thinking about those things anymore.
Carter Griggory
Carter Griggory
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Number of posts : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Shepherd Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:33 pm

Lee looked at Griggory. "You're safe here. His sarcasm rarely fails him," Lee said. He saw Hannah--the administrative assistant that served Khaat and Robert here. He needed a space to make a command post from since the more senior aurors had failed to respond. Lee wasn't happy with that. If they'd have been his, they'd have been dismissed by now.

"Use the staff room, Lee," Hannah said, motioning to the room immediately behind the nurses' station.

"Let's go in here," Lee said. He went across the hall, and opened the door. It was a small break room. A small kitchenette, with coffee in the coffeepot and tea in the teapot for staff use. There was s small round table and a few chairs at the table, a sofa, a couple of side chairs, a couple of end tables, coffee table--the typical staff room. He helped himself to a Styrofoam cup with some coffee.

When they were gathered in the staff room, Lee motioned to them to sit down. "My name is Lee Shepherd. I work in Washington D.C. I am one of Robert Lupin's closest friends. If you're wondering why I'm here, its because of this." He drew out a Ministry emergency signal device.

"Robert gave me one a few years ago," Lee explained. "And he has one of mine. We swore to support and look out for each other. Not just because our countries are allies, but because we are friends. I'm here because it looks very much like the Lupins need some friends right now.

"There's a little bit of business I probably should tell you about me, though, I suppose. I don't know how much you know about the magical community in America. But, legally, in the States, the magical people are their own, recognized nation. We are, in essence, a nation within a nation, just as you all are here. You don't respond to the authority of the muggle prime minister. You respond to the Ministry of Magic. And that's precisely how it works in America. You serve the Minister of Magic, and in America, our magical people serve the President of the American Magical Nation.

"That's where I come in. I am the President of the American Magical Nation. I am Robert's counterpart in America. I'm here because my friend and his family are up to their eyeballs in trouble. And I'm not so sure the rest of you aren't in just about as much difficulty.

"I'm here because Robert needs me here. And so do you. That's the short version of the story. We'll get to the werewolves in a moment. Now, how did I do in explaining a very complicated situation?"
Lee Shepherd
Lee Shepherd
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 50
Occupation : American; President of Magical Congress of the United States of America (MACUSA)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sophia Granger Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:28 pm

Sophia read through the pages of spells and nodded. "Ok... Brian, lets do this."said Sophia trying to remain calm, although Brian could probably see she was scared out of her wits.

Reading the spell that was on the page, Sophia pointed her wand at Khaat and flicked her wand as a blueish white light shot out of her wand. "It's done Brian."said Sophia seeing Khaat under her spell.

Sophia then followed every step Brian wanted her to do a hundred percent. After all, she was trained by the best healers at St. Mungo's. Sophia looked at Lee before she rushed down the hallway with Brian.

No matter if Brian didn't want her, she was a healer it was her job to help people. Besides Khaat was her friend, there was no way she was going to leave her.
Sophia Granger
Sophia Granger
Seventh Year Gryffindor
Seventh Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 11575

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:59 pm

Jess watched as Michael/Robert walked in and pointed to her and she nodded she under stood some what of what he gestrued to her "I understand." she said and moved with them to the O.R. Jess moved to the top of the bed and placed her hands on Khaat shoulders as she cast the life support spell. Jess kept her hands close so to maintain a connection to spot any dificulties she might get into. "The spell is cast, she's stable." She told them her eyes close so to focus on her job at hand. Jess now felt every heart beat and every breath Khaat took, gently bringing it level as if it was her own. Jess now felt as if she was breathing for her maintaining her body and that of Khaat knowing that one missed problem could cause a larger one.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 4796

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Quinn Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:24 pm

Brian made quick but meticulous work of making sure Khaat was ready for the surgery. "Michael" took a place alongside Brian, but where he could easily watch even the smallest movement of any of the healers. Brian watched Marcus taking his place as her bodyguard, his wand drawn, ready to stop anyone who didn't belong there.

"You can do this and not faint or hurl?" he asked Marcus.

"Yes, Sir," Marcus assured him. "No hurling, Sir." Brian double checked Khaat's vital signs.

"Traumatic shock symptoms are much better. Nice work, Soph. You do the work on her shoulder. Follow the steps in the book. Any bone fragment that's too small to mend, just remove it. Same with tissue bits and cartilage piece. Just remove them. We can regenerate. And, hopefully, when Robert is well, he can regenerate anything that is tricky.

"Her vital signs are much, much better. Good job, Jess. Try to keep it that way. I don't know how long this will take, but with this much damage we could be at this several hours. Try not to drain yourself. If you can, support her in short bursts so you can do it for a longer period before it takes a toll. I'll relieve you from the life support if she still needs it after we're finished here.

"Soph, if you need any additional help with her shoulder, speak up. I'll try to spare Jess from the life support spell so she can work with you. Its a big wound.

"Oh, and one more thing? You both need to be aware of. You'll need to watch your magic and be especially watchful of which potions you use. It appears that I'm going to be a father again. She's pregnant and in her first trimester. We need to try to avoid any unnecessary risk to her or the child."

He saw, out of the corner of his eye, utter shock and a jolt of fear race through the normally stoic Marcus.

"No hurling, remember?" Brian asked.

"No.." Marcus said. "I...I was just surprised, Sir. I didn't know." Brian saw what looked like a bit of regret in Marcus's face. He understood. Marcus was feeling that if he had known, he might have done something differently--anything.

"She'd have told you if she'd known," Brian told them all. "She didn't know either. I didn't know either until it showed up in her vital signs downstairs in the ER. If anyone gets too tired, you need to speak up. Alright. I think we're ready. Let's begin."

Brian took a deep breath and began the very delicate work of trying to repair the damage to Khaat's throat. He was hoping that if he were successful, it would increase her chances of survival and decrease the chances of depleting Jess's energies.
Brian Quinn
Brian Quinn
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 636
Special Abilities : Healer, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Hallie Cooper Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:11 am

(OOC: aghh so many posts!! I need to go to sleep as I'm up in 4 hours but tomorrow u will defiantly catch up! Smile -sorry )
Hallie Cooper
Hallie Cooper
Fifth Year Gryffindor
Fifth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 927
Special Abilities : Non-Verbal Magic, Apparation

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Quinn Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:20 pm

(ooc note: skipping time a few hours so thread does not stagnate)

It had been several hours since the surgery had begun, and Khaat had survived by the skin of her teeth.  Brian had had her moved to the Intensive Care Unit because she was still so unstable. When the surgery was over, 'Michael' had simply disappeared.  

Brian left Khaat temporarily in the care of the healers in the ICU unit enough to get refreshed and changed, knowing Belby would not leave her.  

He found Kate and some of those who were immediate friends or family and gave them a report of her condition.  He felt that if they provided good care and life support for the next few hours, her chances of survival would be greatly improved.  

Hannah told him that no one from the Ministry had responded to the Minister's own distress signal other than the two trainee aurors. Brian made a drastic decision. He would take the young auror trainees underwing, since he was their trainer anyway.  He went to find them in the staff room in the emergency room.  

"I'm glad you're still here," he told Hallie and Carter.  "The good news is that Khaat is still alive.  The disheartening news is that no one else from the Ministry has responded but you.  So far as I'm concerned, we're on our own.  If you trust me, you can work with me.  There's a killer on the loose, and we need to find him and anyone he has with him."

He noticed Lee there, and was glad to see him there. With Lee there, they would potentially have access to American aurors if there were no more Brits to stand and fight. They would at least have a chance.

"Lee," he said. "I didn't expect you to be here today. I know I didn't get a chance to say it earlier, but you have no idea how glad I am that you're here." Lee got up and went over to him, and they exchanged a brotherly hug. "Tell me you're here to help."
Brian Quinn
Brian Quinn
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 636
Special Abilities : Healer, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Shepherd Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:34 am

"Help? Hell. You leave me alone long enough, and I'll just run the shop without you," Lee laughed.

"You're a little overqualified for my job," Brian smiled. He noticed that Lee had been setting up a makeshift command post.

"If you're going hunting," Lee said, "I'm going with you."

"I'm definitely going hunting," Brian said. "I've fought James before. Its one thing to have him strike out at my family. Its another thing when he decides to take on London."

"No," Lee corrected him. "I'm going to stop you there. Neither one is okay. Tell me if I'm wrong, but Khaat is going to need you here for at least a couple of days."

"Yes," Brian said.

"Then, with your permission, I'll take your aurors with me," Lee said. "If they're going to battle something like James, they need to know exactly what they're up against."

Brian looked at them. "You two up to doing some training with Lee?"

"
Lee Shepherd
Lee Shepherd
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 50
Occupation : American; President of Magical Congress of the United States of America (MACUSA)

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum