Codes and Oaths - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Codes and Oaths - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Codes and Oaths

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Codes and Oaths - Page 2 Empty Re: Codes and Oaths

Post by Marcus Belby Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:44 pm

"Marcus Belby," He introduced himself. "And these are my collegues--Jack Black Heart and Jim Cummings. You're prompt. Good. The fact that you're the first auror to get here will speak well for you.

"Let me bring you up to speed in a nutshell. Its a hard bit of news to swallow even in a slower version, so I'll just say it, shall I? Let me know if I lose you. The three of us are bodyguards for the Lupin family and are in the direct employ of the Minister. The details are going to be sketchy for a bit, but I sounded the alarm because there's been a second assassination attempt.

"Someone just tried to murder Khaat Lupin a short while ago, and if we're lucky, she won't die. They're prepping her for emergency surgery. She's very critical indeed. As with the Minister's assassination attempt, the would-be assassin is still on the loose. The difference being that this time, this fellow would like very much to kill us all."
Marcus Belby
Marcus Belby
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Number of posts : 182
Special Abilities : Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Carter Griggory Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:19 am

Carter had just left Austin in Sams house.Austin loved going there and Sam enjoyed having him there so Carter had agreed with Sam to leave him there when he went to work since Sam worked for his dad's muggle company he could stay at home to take care of Austin.Carter apparated into the Ministry but as soon as he was there he heard the alarm.He ran towards the fireplace nearest to him grabbed the floo powder and disappeared into the flames.He arrived in St.Mungos were he saw Hallie talking to three older guys so he joined them.

"Sorry I'm late I was dropping my kid off."He didn't want to make it sound like an excuse but so they knew he wasn't just being lazy and actually had something important interfering with his punctuality.He didn't want to be seen as slacker something he most definitely wasn't.
Carter Griggory
Carter Griggory
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Number of posts : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Marcus Belby Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:33 am

"I'm Marcus Belby," Marcus said. "This is Jack Black Heart and Jim Cummings.  We understand having kids.  I presume that until one of your supervisors get here, you should hang with us.  We're on the same side."

He paused to show them his Ministry security pass that gave him access to almost any department in the ministry to show he at least had access.

"We work for Minister Lupin. We are bodyguards for the Lupin family.  You're a new auror, but do you have a name?"

There was much for them to know, and he was glad to have their help. IF they wanted to train for the Ministry, they were about to be suddenly plunged into the deep end of the proverbial pool. He was hoping they had both geared up for suddenly being thrown into far more danger than they bargained for.
Marcus Belby
Marcus Belby
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Carter Griggory Sat Sep 21, 2013 2:14 am

"Glad you understand me and I will surely stay with you I'm a bit confused though.What has happened?"He was curious and wanted to know why did they need the minister's body guards there had there been another attack?Had there been another attack in St Mungos?Carter was worried but at the same time exited.

"Sorry for not introducing myself.My name is Carter Griggory,sir."He was being extremely respectful seeing he was talking to the bodyguards of the minister and he didn't want to give a bad impression, his father had always taught him how to make good first impressions and that they stayed.He stood next to Hallie not wanting to see what happened.
Carter Griggory
Carter Griggory
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Marcus Belby Sat Sep 21, 2013 2:46 am

"What I'm about to tell you is not appropriate for release to the public--not yet.  But, this is definitely a matter for you aurors," Marcus said.

"There has been a second assassination attempt tonight. This one was on Chief Warlock Lupin near Diagon Alley. You both might as well know the truth. Her chances of survival, right now, are very low indeed. Your trainer, Brian Quinn, is also a healer.  He and the other healers are taking her to emergency surgery to try to stop the bleeding."

Marcus didn't mention that Brian was also Khaat's husband. He figured word got around quickly in any workplace, so if by nothing more than gossip, they might already know that much. He was going to tell them what they needed to know but he wasn't going to burden them with details that perhaps they would not benefit from.  He also wanted to respect the privacy of the Lupin family--something that the Lupin family considered very important.  

He also wasn't going to tell them that, without the Lupins in condition to work, there were few obstacles left to stand against what Marcus believed to be utter madness in the new marriage law. Marcus firmly believed that the only way that the public would be safe from that whole mess was to find out who tried to kill the Minister and do whatever it took to bring that person to justice before it happened again. And, the werewolf with his desire to rule the world had to be eliminated.  Completely.

"I was with her," Marcus admitted. "We were ambushed--by a werewolf. The three of us here..." he pointed to not only himself but also to Jim and Jack, "we've dealt with this particular werewolf before. It is wise to be fearful of any fully transfigured werewolf. But--this one is very different. This one is well worth being afraid of in either form. In human form, he stands almost 7 foot tall. Fully transformed, he's over that.  Oh, and one more thing? He's solid muscle and very fast.

"Do not, under any circumstances, resort to chasing him on your own," Marcus said. "He has no conscience. No remorse. If he finds you, he will kill you simply because he can.

"He's got some weird thinking about right and wrong.  We thought he was perhaps targeting the Lupin family because of some odd dislike of Remus's fame. It appears we were wrong. He has apparently moved his pack into London, and now he is targeting any and all witches and wizards first and giving them a choice of being turned to werewolves to follow his pack or die. When he gets that all accomplished, he intend on targeting muggles. In short, he intends to eliminate every human he can find. Khaat and I learned to night that the danger for the Lupins and for the rest of us is very real."

Marcus saw a woman approaching in the hallway. A woman of importance.  He stood out of respect, looking at Jack and Jim to cue them.  She saw Marcus and came to the doorway. Behind her, he saw Michael Tremaine--but not dressed has Marcus had seen him in the alley moments ago.  He was heading straight for the room where Khaat was. Marcus drew his wand and moved to intervene.  Kate clutched his arm, holding him fast.  

"Where's my daughter, Marcus?" she asked. "Is she alive?"

"Hello, Kate. Yes. It was James," Marcus said, his eyes on whoever it was that was impersonating Michael Tremaine. "Now, let me go."

"Its fine, Marcus," she said with a very deliberate tone. "Let him go. He's with me."

"But, Kate..." Marcus frowned.  

Marcus Belby
Marcus Belby
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Tremaine Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:44 pm

Michael headed straight to the room where Khaat was, where the healers were frantically working to save her. He entered with an air of command and determination about him, with a calmness that the situation in front of him did not have.

Brian looked at him, and realized this was not Michael. He knew Michael. Michael could posess an air of command, but this was completely different. There was something in the eyes that wasn't Michael. An air of power about this person that wasn't Michael whatsoever. Michael was nurturing with Khaat--even when he was on a mission. This man had power running all through him, and he was just too calm in the fact of the disaster in the room for it to be Michael. Brian didn't believe they could take him, even if it were Jess and Sophia and him all combined. Nor did he believe this man would let himself be taken.

But he didn't know who he was looking at. His first duty was to protect Khaat. He drew on the man, who used a burst of wandless magic, and made a wiping motion with his right hand and it simply wiped Brian's wand out of his hand. It was much like a father disarming a mere child. It had looked elementary and stupid for Brian to even try. The wand skittered over into the corner. Brian stood motionless. No one moved for a moment. Everyone froze.

Then it hit Brian as the two men stared into each other's eyes. This was Robert. He had come after all. Brian was flabbergasted. He stepped away from Khaat, yielding to him.

"Do whatever he tells you," Brian told the healers quietly.

Wand drawn, Michael moved closer, but not too close to Khaat. He saw clearly that she would die if interventions were not immediate. He accio'd a healing spell book instead and flipped open the pages. He was frustrated that he did not dare do this himself. He reached a page and motioned to Brian and pointed out a spell. It was an advanced spell to reduce traumatic shock. He pointed it to Sophia.

"Cast this spell, Soph," Brian said, laying his hand on the page to give her a moment to read the page. "He wants you to use this spell. Do it."

He saw Jess. He paused to give Soph a chance to read the spell then flipped the pages again. He found the life support spell. He pointed to Jess and pointed out the spell, hoping Jess got the message. Jess knew how to do the life support spell and knew that to do it over a prolonged period, she would have to do it in short bursts. He pointed out, specifically, the last few lines of the commentary on the spell regarding how one healer could potentially provide the spell for days by providing life support in short, intense bursts and then supplementing with careful monitoring of vital signs. He underlined the words with his wand, making them glow. Then he pointed to Jess. He looked at her, wanting to be sure she understood.

He flipped the pages again. This time to a page illustrating magical surgery for crushed joints. It listed the procedure, step by step. Stopping the bleeding, removing irrepairable crushed bone pieces and being sure the healer got them all, removing irrepairably damaged tissue and cartiledge. It showed the spells and illustrated the process step by step. It showed exactly which potions to pour into the wound. It was a difficult and meticulous procedure that would take hours.

He pointed the to the open pages of the book and pointed to Brian and then to Khaat's throat wound. It was the most life threatening of the two, even though it wasn't the largest.

Then he pointed again to Sophia and pointed to the book and to Khaat's shoulder, hoping Sophia knew he intended for her to follow the procedure with Khaat's shoulder.

He looked at them all and made a unifying gesture. They had to work together. No spell was any less important than the other, no task less important. If one of them did not do their part, Khaat would die. It was all equally important. He needed them to know that Khaat's life rested equally in their hands.

"That was my plan," Brian told him. Michael looked at Brian and nodded. He walked away from the book and opened the potions cabinet. He began putting bottles of potions on the counter. Potions they were going to need during surgery and after. But he wasn't finding the pain potion he wanted.

Brian walked up behind him. He went to draw out the bottle of the gold potion for pain. "This one?" Brian asked. Michael shook his head no. Definitely not. Michael apparated out in large curls of white smoke. Brian knew. He was going to the potions lab downstairs.

He reappeared moments later with two large, identical bottles. It was a potion Brian hadn't seen. It was a type of gold potion, Brian could see that. But it was definitely different. There were green marbled swirls and lavender ones that marbled through the gold. He put one bottle on the counter and handed one to Brian.

Brian read the label. It was a special brew of the gold potion for intractable pain in pregnant or nursing women. Brian frowned. He didn't understand. Michael stared at Brian deeply for a moment, hoping he would connect the dots. Brian seemed to be in denial about what he was being told. Michael pointed to the label on the bottle and pointed to Khaat. It took Brian a moment.

"Oh, God," Brian said softly. He was being told that he could not use the gold potion because Khaat was pregnant. That changed everything. The spells they used, the potions they used. It changed it all.

"How far along?" he asked. Michael went to a calendar on the wall and went back two months and made a circle around the best guess he had as a conception date. She was two months into it. Brian had to get a grip on this fast. He was going to be a father again. And now he wasn't just doing surgery on his wife. He was going to operate on his pregnant wife. That made it all feel like the stakes were higher yet.

Michael seemed to be still perfectly calm. He pointed to the spell book and the potions he had put in front of them. If they followed him, it would be well, he believed.

"You'll come with us?" Brian asked Michael. Michael nodded. He would accompany them to surgery, but he would keep his distance. He made a hands off gesture, though, so they knew. He would go along. But he would not touch her. The work, the choices, were up to them.

Michael Tremaine
Michael Tremaine
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 646

Back to top Go down

Post by Katherine Lupin Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:57 pm

"I said let him go," Kate repeated. Marcus lowered his wand. Then he turned to the two young aurors.

"I believe introductions are in order," Marcus told them. "Kate, these are two aurors in training. May I introduce you to Hallie Cooper and Carter Griggory. Ms. Cooper and Mr. Griggory, may I introduce you to Katherine Lupin. Mrs. Lupin is the wife of our Minister and the mother of our Chief Warlock."

"Good morning," Kate said to them, managing a subdued but warm smile and an outstretched hand to shake hands. She wanted to meet them, but she wanted a chance to see Khaat, if there was any time at all, before surgery. She felt Marcus come up behind her to urge her to hurry a bit. If she were to, perhaps, see Khaat alive one last time, it needed to be now.

"If any of your are going with us, you need to be prepared. This may well be one of the most gruesome things you will ever see in your life," Marcus said. "Kate, are you sure you can do this?"

"If you stand in my way, Marcus, they won't be able to find you with a microscope," Kate looked at him squarely. "Do you honestly think this is the first werewolf mauling I have ever seen? Don't even think about standing in my way, Boy."

"Yes, Ma'am," he said, deferring to her. He knew, as did Jack and Jim, that Kate was equally as strong as her husband. She just didn't have to use it as often.
Katherine Lupin
Katherine Lupin
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 150
Special Abilities : Medium, Talking to Birds, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Hallie Cooper Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:26 pm

Hallie's eyes widened. Her need for something dangerous, risky and adventurous had presented itself. Only moments ago she'd guessed it was an assassination, secretly hoped, and now her hunch was right. It unsettled her. Knowing that she had offhandedly hoped for a case like this and now she'd gotten one, it didn't please her. In fact it saddened her. Someone out that had attempted to murder Khaat Lupin. 

Before Hallie could ask more questions to the body guards Carter had arrived, stating that his tardiness was due to dropping off his child somewhere. Gosh. She'd be doing that soon, maybe sooner than she'd like given that her marriage to Theodore Rookwood had been arranged. 

Using the time whilst Carter introduced himself, Halle pulled out a parchment pad from her robes and a self inking quill, which surely had taken a chunk from her wages. Hallie had wanted a quick-quotes-quill, it would be less time consuming and would allow her to get more details down - unfortunately it was out of her price range.

A slight audible gasp escaped her when Marcus informed them of Khaat's near death condition. However, feeling it wise not to interrupt, she continued with her notes.

Diagon Alley
Seven Foot Tall
Werewolf (Dangerous)
Dealt with before

Hallie paused. That meant they knew who the werewolf was, they'd encountered him before. Well that made things easy or easier being a more appropriate word. The task was still deadly and dangerous, yet Hallie still found it somewhat exciting. 

'So-you-know-.' Her words were lost in the second wave of arriving people. Gosh a lot was all happening at once. 'Nice to meet you Mrs Lupin.' Hallie replied, not extending a hand as her hands were full, hopefully she would understand and not cast her off as rude.

'I'll come.' Hallie replied. She was okay around blood, only four months ago she had apparated into St Mungo's herself with Maura Goldstein covering blood, mutilated with medieval devices. She could handle this. After seeing her best friend practically dead she could handle anything. 

'Do you know any other information about the werewolf clan?' Hallie asked as she jotted down notes about how the werewolf had moved his pack into London and wanted to transform every wizard, witch and muggle alike. 

The topic of werewolves was hitting close to home. She'd sent her brother away who had been bitten five years ago, for five years Hallie had barely lived with herself, believing her brother to be dead. Thankfully, on the terrible evening that she was mugged, Toby had found her, rescued her. Since then the pair had began to superglue the broken pieces of their relationship back together. Even so, Hallie still had an indescribable rage when it came to werewolf attacks and the attempted assassination wasn't resting well with her. Hallie no longer wanted to be on the case because of the excitement and dangerousness, she wanted justice. Hallie was determined to bring justice this time around. 

Hallie Cooper
Hallie Cooper
Fifth Year Gryffindor
Fifth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 927
Special Abilities : Non-Verbal Magic, Apparation

Back to top Go down

Post by Carter Griggory Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:20 pm

Carter was a bit scared not for him but for Sam,Jamie, and Austin. He knew Jamie would be safe since she was at Hogwarts but what about Sam and Austin. Sam was as clever as him but how would that help if he didn't know what was going on.Even though being scared for his family and Sam he didn't show it he didn't want the people around him thinking he was weak. His hair turned to a yellow-green color showing he was worried but exited to finally get a good case..
He saw that Hallie was taking down notes he could remember the information. He often forgot to do things but he never forgot things he learned.

“I think I might have to close my eyes but I'll go.”He said.He knew that he couldn't stand seeing gruesome things it made him nauseous but he knew that he'd be able to hold hi food down in front of important people seeing as stress had a different effect on him. He saw the wounds and he strangely didn't even feel nauseous nor did he felt grossed out by it. He recognized on of the healers Sophia Granger.He had met her in The Three Broomsticks on one of his free days.Then a woman approached them and Marcus introduced her to them.

“Hello,Mrs. Lupin.”He said respectfully bowing his head a little. He didn't extend his hand since Hallie didn't do it either and he felt it was awkward to do so. He could guess how she felt seeing her daughter like this. He calmed down seeing how tranquil Mrs. Lupin was. His hair turned back to it's normal color.
Carter Griggory
Carter Griggory
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Shepherd Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:18 pm

Lee Shepherd was not about to explain to anyone how an American got the same emergency notification that, no doubt, the British aurors had gotten.  

It had awakened him. He had sprung out of bed in his flat, and had thrown on hastily a pair of black jeans, a grey v necked pullover, and had picked up his tan leather jacket and had apparated to St. Mungos.  He had a determined stride as he entered.  

There was an army of healers and assistants assembling near one of the emergency ward's treatment rooms. What the hell had happened now?

One of the healers attempted to block him. He didn't want to hurt anyone, but he didn't have time for this. He took her by the shoulders and gently moved her aside out of his path.  

"Stop or I'll fire!" one of the healers suddenly drew on him.  

"No," Lee said calmly.  "You won't." He fired a nonverbal petrificus totalus on her, and she fell like a wooden plank to the floor.  

Marcus had been ready to step out into the hallway when he had heard the shouting.  He drew his wand and spun around the door, prepared to duel.  He saw who it was and lowered his wand.

"You bloody great prick," Marcus sighed, irked. "Lower your wands," he told the healers. He looked at the young aurors with him.  "He's a friend. A stupid friend, but a friend, nonetheless. I'll introduce you all in a moment."  He looked back at Lee. "Subtle, Shepherd.  How completely inconspicuous of you."

"Where's Robert?" Lee demanded.

"Its not Robert," Marcus replied. "Its Khaat."

Lee stood for a moment, frowning, taking it in. "What? Is this...a second attempt?"

"Yes. But not by the same assassin," Marcus said. "Give me one moment. You can stand in on what briefing I've got."  Marcus motioned the rest of the people with him to follow.  Lee merely invited himself along.  He saw Kate. He took her hand and kissed her cheek.  

"You alright?" he asked her.

"It just is what it is, Lee," she said, holding onto his hand.  Belby led them to the room where all the commotion was. Lee went in with Kate.  He wasn't prepared for what he saw.  He had seen a lot in his time, but he had never seen the savagery of something like this and have the victim live.  It took him aback.  

Kate paused for a moment.  Brian looked up at her.

"Hurry, Kate," Brian said softly.  "We need to go, if we're going to do this at all."  Kate let go of Lee's hand and went over to Khaat. She managed a calm, confident smile for her daughter and kissed her forehead.  

"I swear," Kate said, smiling. "You are so much like your uncle. Always needing something patched.  What am I going to do with you?"

"If he comes for me? Do I go?" Khaat asked, not intending for anyone else to understand.

"Its not your time, Sweetheart," Kate said. "He's not coming for you. Not today. It'll be alright. I'll see you in a short bit--when you wake up. You hear me?" Khaat nodded.

"We need to go now, Kate," Brian said.  Kate nodded.  Lee watched Brian motion to the healers to move Khaat to surgery.  Lee wasn't sure that perhaps he had just heard the last words Khaat would ever say.  And he wondered if the Brits had any idea of just how much danger they were truly in now.
Lee Shepherd
Lee Shepherd
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 50
Occupation : American; President of Magical Congress of the United States of America (MACUSA)

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum