The Almost Date - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

The Almost Date - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

The Almost Date

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Almost Date - Page 2 Empty Re: The Almost Date

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:47 am

Jack smirked at his words, wholly focused on the burger on the plate before her, missing the expression on her companion's face. The burger really was just a burger - yes, a damn good burger, but a burger nonetheless. The whole evening was symbolic of something more than a dinner. Jack was often built up for positive experiences only to be brutally crushed by the very people who claimed to care about her. But here was someone as emotionally detached as her who had promised her a miserable evening and delivered a pleasant one instead. What a strange, unexpected way to be surprised. Jack was used to getting what she had not anticipated, but she was not to used to being pleased with the change of circumstance.

It was strange to think that months, James had gotten her a try-out with the Falmouth Falcons, launching her into a career she could actually enjoy. For the first few weeks of her new job, James had been close to a best friend. The two had hung out, gone drinking, practiced together, and just done normal friend things together. And then the Baby Drama had hit, and James had more or less disappeared, as people were known to do in her life. She hadn't minded too much - at least they had parted on good terms. That was more than she could usually hope for, so she found no reason to be bitter or sad. But it was strange to think she could find a new friend, almost a closer friend, in his kid brother - the brother she had helped James tease when they were younger.

Her eyes finally moved from the plate up to her friend's gaze and responded, "Yeah, I can understand the draw to it. It's really nice. You just need a big HD television screen right there." She gestured up at the opposite wall and spread her arms out. She smirked, obviously kidding. A television would be a sure way to ruin the serenity of the oceanview gazebo.

'Despite all proofs to the contrary, I don't really enjoy torturing you, you know.' Jack smirked and said, "Yeah, well, proof's in the pudding."

She took another bite, happy to enjoy the dinner Albus had provided for her - he had probably made it himself. That was another plus to befriending the boy. "Max," she quickly corrected, before continuing on. "Everything's going well, actually. Sunny is wonderful, that's my niece. I never liked kids, but she's clever. She's better company than most adults I know. And Max really helps. Sunny adores him, so my daycare costs have gone way down." She smirked.
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 10287
Special Abilities : Occlumency
Occupation : Unspeakable | Beater for the Falmouth Falcons | Deed-Holder of Satan's

https://jackles-feels-feelings.polyvore.com/

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum