Quidditch - Page 5
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Quidditch  - Page 5 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Quidditch

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Quidditch  - Page 5 Empty Re: Quidditch

Post by Jess Potter Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:11 pm

Consider running two teams, rather than 4. Not to play to the stereotypes, but maybe we could combine Huffers and Gryffs, and Slythies and Ravies.
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 14221
Special Abilities : Wandless Magic, Seer, Flying, Legilimens

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1356010139

Back to top Go down

Post by Jemma Tiquelle Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:12 pm

^^Mhmm, that was mentioned earlier on in the thread. Hence us only needing one more person in either Ravenclaw/Slytherin to have enough people. Then we only need to figure out the logistics of Quidditch & we'll be ready to go! Smile

Quidditch  - Page 5 Qw9nLyk
~ enjoying her sixties ~ divination professor & head of hufflepuff ~ single ~ seer ~
~ biography ~ thread tracker ~

Set made by me. Want one? Accepting requests here.
Jemma Tiquelle
Jemma Tiquelle
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 6601
Special Abilities : Seer, Occlumens, Apparation and Astral Projection.

http://www.zazzle.com/magicalmalteaser*

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddie Kane Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:37 pm

That works for me but if we do that id have 2 on each team that wat and a whole game would be ruined if for some reason i was not able to play
Maddie Kane
Maddie Kane
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Sixth Year Hufflepuff

Number of posts : 3155

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess Potter Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:55 am

Kind of proves the point that there's not enough interest to make this viable, doesn't it? If one person's absence has the potential to bring it to a halt.
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 14221
Special Abilities : Wandless Magic, Seer, Flying, Legilimens

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1356010139

Back to top Go down

Post by Wanda Montclair Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:57 am

just one person that is here no matter what, school, tornados, no internet, everything
Wanda Montclair
Wanda Montclair
Sixth Year Ravenclaw
Sixth Year Ravenclaw

Number of posts : 181

Back to top Go down

Post by Molz Weasley Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:58 am

^^No, it just means that we'd need a few more charries. If you take two of Cecilia's out, we'd need 3 more charries. And since half of PA doesn't read this forum, you probably could find them.

That and advertise PA tons and tons so we get lots more members. But that takes longer...
Molz Weasley
Molz Weasley
Sixth Year Gryffindor
Sixth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 180

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Sullivan Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:10 am

I don't know why we can't do it without full rosters? I never understood why people hate using NPC's so much. We have enough people interested, on each team, let's just do it. We can devise a system to where a full team is not even needed, again, NPC's can fill their place. Each writer can control said NPC in their own respective post.

This game is only limited by our imagination, and putting any kind of restraint on it because we need one more person is lame, and it is totally not impossible guys. A simple system I can think of right now?

Each team has their opening moves. A lot of this will be dice rolls, but the snitch is released, more on that later. But who gets first possession of the quaffle? So the opening post is after the roll, whoever rolls higher, gets possession of the quaffle. Then they make their offensive moves and they have a few options in their post. They can pass, fly towards the net, or even shoot. Passing is simple, you just pass to someone else, but the the defense has a chance to intercept if they want to. So defense can either post up and try and steal/deflect, or they can try and itercept a pass, beaters can try and hit a bludger towards whoever has the quaffle.

Scoring is simple, you shoot, you roll twice for each team, whoever has the higher dice roll wins. You shoot a bludger at someone? Roll a dice, DICE DICE DICE PEOPLE! Obviously a neutral party rolls the dice, someone who is NOT on either team, that includes alts people.

After every couple of posts two more dice are rolled and when it lands on doubles, the snitch appears, and both seekers can go for it. To catch the snitch you have to roll either two evens in a row or two odds in a row, but it can be deterred. The other person can either roll to catch, or interfere with you, if you are interfered with the other person must roll higher than your first dice roll. If this happens, even if you roll dubs, you still miss the snitch.

Now this is just a very basic system people. I did all of that in five minutes. This is not hard, we can do it, so Jess keep your negativity out of here! ( I am joking with you, I promise, Smile ]
Brian Sullivan
Brian Sullivan
Fifth Year Gryffindor
Fifth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 279

Back to top Go down

Post by Molz Weasley Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:15 am

We couldn't NPC too much. Definitely the third chaser, so have two chasers who NPC the third between them. Maybe the keeper, seeker and beater could NPC a second beater, so that's down to five a side.

And I do still think that half of PA have never read this topic, some of which may be interested in Quidditch.
Molz Weasley
Molz Weasley
Sixth Year Gryffindor
Sixth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 180

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddie Kane Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:21 am

Quelyn wants to be a seeker
Maddie Kane
Maddie Kane
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Sixth Year Hufflepuff

Number of posts : 3155

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:12 am

You don't even have to NPC, per se, just have whichever role is being NPCed either controlled by one character, or not involve them. The third chaser may be totally incompetent, so the Quaffle is never thrown to them.
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 10287
Special Abilities : Occlumency
Occupation : Unspeakable | Beater for the Falmouth Falcons | Deed-Holder of Satan's

https://jackles-feels-feelings.polyvore.com/

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top