Food for a thought?
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Food for a thought? Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Food for a thought?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Food for a thought? Empty Food for a thought?

Post by Maura Goldstein Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:26 am

It was midnight and Maura was laying in her four poster bed in the Hufflepuff Girls' dorm looking out the window at the night sky. She been doing this alot lately, due to the fact that her mind was racing alot lately and it was hard for her to sleep as well as having nightmares about what happened to her. Sighing to herself Maura gotten up quietly and grabbed her shoes, her hufflepuff cloak and a blanket before heading out. She really didn't know where she was going, but she had to clear her head. Seeing how it was late and a bit cold outside,not that she could feel it anyways Maura decided to head to the kitchen.

Heading out the Hufflepuff Common room she headed towards the kitchen which lucky wasn't that far from the Hufflepuff Common room. After a few minutes she finally reached the portrait and tickled the pear as it giggled and revealed a door handle. Grabbing it quickly she went inside and down the steps into the kitchen. "Hi.... um, I'm a bit hungry so can I get like some pumpkin pasties or something please?"Maura asked them kindly. "Sure Miss, just sit down and we'll get you something."the elf squeaked at her. "Thankyou."said Maura softly as she went to the fridge and gotten her a pack of blood that she needed.

Maura tried her best to keep her vampire side under control, sometimes her and Ryo came here together to drink but he obviously was doing something else. Besides, he was one of the reasons that her head was racing.Alot of things had happened between them lately, from her saving her from hurting Kaiden to them telling each other they loved each other after him and Sophia saved her from James she couldn't stop thinking about him.But her and Ryo had something, and when she was with him her heart did things she never did with any of her pass boyfriends. She had feelings for Ryo before she was turned, but she thought it was a silly crush but now she's a vampire and has a bond between him her feelings for him became extreme and undeniable and it was clear that they loved each other.

That was one of the reasons why she was confused, what if she just liked him because of their creator/creation bond? Although Maura thinks the bond just made her feelings that she had for him stronger. She honestly didn't know, but all she knew that when she was with Ryo she was better and felt like she could do anything. As the elf set pumpkin pasties before her and pumpkin juice she snapped out of her trance and smiled. "thankyou."said Maura softly as she took a bite lost in thought once again.

Maura Goldstein
Maura Goldstein
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Sixth Year Hufflepuff

Number of posts : 1235

Back to top Go down

Food for a thought? Empty Re: Food for a thought?

Post by Vivianna Varnes Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:58 pm

Vivianna was having another one of those nights where she couldn't sleep. So, the Slytherin student figured she might as well go for a little stroll. Clambering out of bed and glancing down at her pajamas, she slipped on her green and black velvet bathrobe, as well as a pair of slippers. As she walked through the deserted halls, her mind pondered a great many things. Her first thought was of the assignments she still needed to complete, but she brushed that thought aside. Next, Vivianna wondered if she would need to work on Saturday. If the girl didn't have to work, she could spend the day in Hogsmead, and her supply of sugar quills was starting to become dangerously low. Then, her mind landed on Maura Goldstein, now that was a complicated topic.

Basically everyone Vivianna got along with at Hogwarts, had been labeled a friendly acquaintance by the Slytherin herself. That wasn't to say that she didn't have a best friend, just that she wasn't particularly close to anyone in the magical school. Maura was the only exception to this. It was a bit of an odd pairing, considering their houses and that they weren't even in the same year. But when the two girls had grown closer, Vivianna hadn't shied away from using the word friend to refer to the older girl. They had been good friends, but weren't the closest two girls could be. Maura knew very little about Vivianna's family, and the Slytherin doubted that she would be the first person Maura would run to if she needed to borrow makeup or clothes. Vivianna had been completely okay with that, it was just how the two of them worked.

One day, all of that changed. Vivianna wasn't sure exactly what the catalyst was. All she knew was that the two of them weren't talking any more. It's not like she talked to Maura every day, so she couldn't pinpoint the exact time the change happened, but Vivianna had figured something was going on and chose to give Maura some space. That had been more than a while ago, and before she could figure out just what to do about the situation, a shiver made its way down her spine. Vivianna paused in her meandering, before turning around and heading towards the kitchens, it was always nice and warm in there.

Vivianna let out a sigh of delight as she stepped into the warm kitchen, only to freeze momentarily as she laid her eyes on Maura. Storming over to the other girl, she took a seat directly across from her. "Okay, we need to talk, because," Vivianna got out before inhaling sharply as she looked the Hufflepuff in the eyes. She would know those eyes anywhere. Her uncle had them, her cousins had them, but when had Maura been turned into a vampire? And how had she missed that!
Vivianna Varnes
Vivianna Varnes
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Number of posts : 1004

Back to top Go down

Post by Maura Goldstein Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:37 am

Maura froze when she seen Vivianna coming in towards her. She been avoiding her due to her being a vampire but now that it was around the school so she guess she has to tell her. "Hey Vivi."said Maura giving her a nervous smile as her eyes widened as she seen she had pack of blood in her hand. "That's for um... Ryo, he's meets me down here at times."said Maura telling her half the truth. Not able to stand it any longer, Maura decided to finally tell her. "Alright fine, before you ask me, yes I am a vampire and I been one for a couple of weeks now that's why I been avoiding you."said Maura honestly.

"But now that's it's going around school and stuff just decided to go ahead and let people know the truth."said Maura shrugging. "So what I'm a vampire, do they have to make such a bloody scene over it?"Maura asked her rolling her eyes. "This doesn't change anything Vivi I'm still the same person, just paler and faster."said Maura. "Ryo was the one who changed me after he lost control in the music room, not wanting me to die he made me drink some of his blood and it changed me and saved me from dying."said Maura shrugging as if it wasn't nothing. "Before you say anything about him, he's not a bad person trust me."said Maura smiling as she mentioned him.

"Sorry... Vivi, I just can't get him out of my head alot has changed between us since I gotten turned by him!"said Maura honestly. "So I guess the rumors of me and Ryo are alittle true, but were not dating if your asking!"said Maura. "At lease not yet that is!"said Maura honestly. "I know, I know, I just got over a heartbreak with Kaiden and now I'm doing the whole Ryo thing, but Ryo is different."said Maura honestly. "He's different then any of the other guys I dated."said Maura smiling.
Maura Goldstein
Maura Goldstein
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Sixth Year Hufflepuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Vivianna Varnes Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:55 am

Vivianna just stared as Maura spilled her guts out. Some of the things she said Vivianna had already known, others she had guessed, and some she had been completely oblivious to. She didn't like feeling as if Maura couldn't trust her, but the Slytherin pushed that feeling aside.

"Just give me a second," Vivianna told her friend, holding up a hand. The slightly younger girl quickly processed all the new information, twisting her ring on her finger as she did so.

"Alright, let me get all of this straight," Vivianna started slowly. "You're a vampire; I figured that out, you've been ignoring me because you're a vampire. So what, you thought I wouldn't want to be friends anymore or something? I mean, my cousin is a vampire Mars! I'm not one of those mindless idiots!" Vivianna broke off, taking a second to collect her thoughts.

"And you said people are finding out, how are people finding out anyway? And...and then Ryo! Ryo lost control and changed you? What the hell Maura! You can't just go and forgive him after he pulls something like that! Do you have any idea how different your life is going to have to be now? Maura, I don't care that you're a vampire, but there will be people that WILL CARE! There will be people that will try to KILL YOU and HUNT YOU! You can’t! You can’t just..." Vivianna ranted, before completely losing steam.

The distraught girl put her face in her hands, but peered at her friend through her fingertips. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry Mars," she said somewhat brokenly, "I've just watched my cousins have hate flung at them since the moment they were born and I just, I just can't see how you could forgive someone for being the cause of that."

She took a deep breath in and closed her eyes, before opening them and meeting the other girl's. "But, if you have forgiven him, and if you like him, I will accept that," she told the other girl seriously. "I guess that's what makes you a Hufflepuff," Vivianna joked, trying to lighten the mood a bit.

"So, what exactly is going on between you and He-Who-I-Do-Not-Approve-Of?" Vivianna asked teasingly, surprised the Maura hadn't interrupted her this entire time. As she smiled at her friend, a small vicious voice in the back of her head informed her that just because Maura had forgiven Ryo, didn't mean she had to.
Vivianna Varnes
Vivianna Varnes
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Maura Goldstein Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:58 am

Maura looked at Vivianna and sighed. "I'm sorry Vivi, it's just that I was scared to tell you because I knew you wouldn't approve of it!"said Maura honestly. "I know I should of told you with us being friends and all, but I just couldn't."said Maura sighing as she ran her hands through her hair. It was something that she picked up from Ryo, along with alot of other things as well. "I know your not a mindless idiot Vivi, but there are alot people that are that are in Slytherin!"said Maura honestly. "I guess I forgot that your cousin was a vampire."said Maura.

Maura shrugged at her question. "There was a Daily Prophet written about me and Ryo not to long ago in the rumor section I guess that's how they found out."said Maura honestly. "Although Kaiden could of told as well, after I almost killed him that is."said Maura sighing. "Vivi it wasn't like he did it on purpose, his vampire side just lost control and he changed me which is a good thing!"said Maura. "He changed me into this new person Vivi, I'm no longer scardy cat Maura anymore!"said Maura honestly.

"I know people will try to haunt me down and kill me, hell I just gotten out out St. Mungo's from being tortured by a crazy pyshco maniac and his werewolf girlfriend!"said Maura honestly. "Lucky Ryo and Sophia were there to save me or else I'll be dead!"said Maura honestly. "Yes I forgot to tell you that I was tortured during spring break weekend, you probably can't tell that I was but I still have scars on my side where I was stabbed."said Maura. "I know you don't approve of Ryo, but he's changing me Vivi and for the better and I need him!"said Maura. "I'm in love with him Vivi, and he loves me back and it isn't because of this stupid bond we have on each other either I liked him way before I was turned!"said Maura honestly.

"I know, I'm already getting hate and all that but I'm alright with it I always been a freak!"said Maura honestly. "I have forgiven him Vivi and I love him more then anything, when I'm with him I feel I can do anything."said Maura. "I know, I know I said that alot, but this time it's for real!"said Maura. "I haven't felt like this with any of my past boyfriends Vivi."said Maura smiling.

Maura rolled her eyes at her and gave her a playful push. "Oh nothing much, we had a couple of dates and kisses and we admitted that we love each other but that's it."said Maura honestly. "I know you don't approve of him Vivi, but you really have to meet him and see he's really sweet!'said Maura smiling.
Maura Goldstein
Maura Goldstein
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Sixth Year Hufflepuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Vivianna Varnes Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:56 pm

Vivianna let out a soft sigh. "It's okay, I get that you were scared, but don't try and hide stuff like this from me. Alright?" she said to the other girl, her chin propped on her arm.

Vivianna had just listened silently as Maura defended Ryo, and went on about how due to him she was a better person. Vivianna wasn't blind; she could see that her friend was more outspoken, less afraid. She knew that the dramatic adjustment was due to being changed, but Vivianna had always known that Maura had it in her. The Slytherin had always felt as if a more outspoken Maura had lurked just below the surface, waiting to come out. Vivianna could see it sometimes when the two of them had talked, Maura might say something and the younger girl just knew that her Maura wouldn't say something like that. So perhaps Ryo had unlocked this so-called better person, but Vivianna knew that it had been in her friend all along. Maura would have gotten there eventually; the other Hufflepuff had just given her a bit of a push.

The human girl watched the facial expressions of the person across from her. She didn't have to like Ryo; her opinions on the subject didn't even matter anymore. Maura loved him, really loved him. Not that puppy-love state she had fallen into with her previous boyfriends, but real harsh love. So Vivianna had nodded and smiled as her friend explained how much she cared for the other vampire, because at this point, the least she could do was be supportive.

"I'll talk to Kaiden," Vivianna said. If Kaiden was the one that had spilled Maura's secret to the Daily Prophet, she would find a way to make sure he ended up regretting it. Even if it was unintelligent of Maura to let herself lose control like that.

She paused for a moment before saying, "and I'm not even going to ask about the torturing and the stabbing because you're alright now and I don't need more names on my To Kill List." The sad part was this list of hers truly existed, and was depressingly long.

"And I can tell you love him Mars, just by the look on your face. So I'll be supportive and all that, I just need to give him the you-hurt-her-further-and-I-kill-you speech," the Slytherin's tone was teasing, so hopefully Maura would leave it alone. Vivianna hadn't been kidding.

After a moment of peaceful silence, Vivianna opened her mouth yet again to talk. "You need to drink that," she said, gesturing towards the bag of blood. Vivianna had grown up with vampires; she knew what it looked like when one needed to feed.
Vivianna Varnes
Vivianna Varnes
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Maura Goldstein Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:25 am

Maura nodded before smiling. "Alright I promise from now on, I won't hide anything from you."said Maura honestly. "I'm sorry Vivi, I didn't mean to hurt you if I did by keeping this secret from you."said Maura.

Maura knew that alot of people noticed that she was different, she was unafraid and more outspoken. The Slytherins that used to bully her didn't even bully her cause they were afraid of her now. It made Maura laugh that they were a bunch of seventh years Slytherins that were afraid of a sixth year Hufflepuff vampire. Although she did get alot more respect that she had, but some people knew she had it in her, she just needed something it bring it out of her like being turned into a vampire. Although she was a new person almost, her style and personality was completely different.

Maura shook her head. "No don't Vivi, I don't even care if he did or not he's nothing but a ass!"said Maura honestly crossing her arms. "Besides I'm happy now, I don't need something like him brining me down!"said Maura sticking her nose up in disgust. "Although I'm glad I didn't kill him, but he did deserve what he was getting."said Maura not regretting what she did. "I don't regret what I did Vivi, he totally deserved that lucky I didn't kill him!'said Maura honestly.

Maura nodded. "Good please don't, I don't want to go over that again it still gives me chills just talking about it."said Maura honestly. "I already added him along with my kill hit along with Ryo."said Maura as her eyes turned red in anger. "Sorry, didn't mean to get angry, but this guy deserve to die!"said Maura honestly.

Maura smiled. "Yes I really do Vivi, and thankyou."said Maura softly before taking a bite of her pumpkin pasty. Maura rolled her eyes at her comment. 'Oh come on Vivi, not that do you have to do that to every boyfriend I have?"Maura asked her sighing. Although she didn't argue anymore with her it wasn't worth it.

When she told her that she needed to drink the pack of blood that was in her hands she looked at it and chuckled. "I almost completely forgot I had this, and I suppose your right."said Maura softly. As she uncorked the top she started drinking it and as she did she started to feel stronger. "Ah! there we go!"said Maura softly as she wiped her mouth.
Maura Goldstein
Maura Goldstein
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Sixth Year Hufflepuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Vivianna Varnes Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:37 pm

Vivianna was pleased by this point in the conversation, their talk was going pretty well. "It's alright Maura," Vivianna reassured the other girl, "just don't let it happen again." She was smiling as she said this, the Slytherin was pretty sure Maura wouldn't keep massive things from her anymore.

The younger girl ignored Maura's pleading to not speak with Kaiden. Vivianna wanted to know just how deeply her housemate was involved. She couldn't imagine her housemate selling Maura's story to the Prophet, because to anyone who had known they'd dated, it would make him look bad too. It was possible he wasn't thinking at the time, however.

Vivianna could have smiled as Maura's eyes turned red. Usually that wasn't something one wanted to see from a vampire, but she was glad to see Maura sticking up for herself. It was a bit strange, the change in personality, but it was still the same Maura in there.

The Slytherin chuckled as her Hufflepuff friend sighed in what might have been resignation. "Sorry Mars, you know the modified big brother talk is mandatory," the girl said, nodding with the most innocent and solemn expression she could muster.

Vivianna just watched with a soft smiled as Maura sucked down the bag of blood. Perhaps that wasn't the most natural reaction, considering that the blood was most definitely human, and she was a human as well. The girl had long ago stopped puzzling over such things, however. If she did, the girl would hardly be as close to her cousins as she was.

Mostly, Vivianna was glad. So perhaps Maura wasn't the same species as her anymore. And maybe her personality was a bit different too. The girl's style might have had a bit of a makeover, and her reputation among the students was hardly the same. But Vivianna didn't care about any of that, smiling as she stole a pumpkin pasty from Maura's plate. None of it mattered, because she had her friend back.
Vivianna Varnes
Vivianna Varnes
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Maura Goldstein Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:16 am

Maura smiled. "Don't worry it won't happen I again I promise."said Maura honestly, she didn't want to make Vivi upset at her again. She knew how Vivi could be at times, and it wasn't a pretty sight.

Maura rolled her eyes at Vivi's statement, she knew no matter what she said she was still going to do it. It been that way for years, Maura meet someone and Vivi gives them the 'big brother' talk. At lease there was one thing for sure, she wasn't the same Maura people came to know she was different.

Finishing her blood bag Maura wiped her mouth with a napkin as her eyes changed back to there normal color. "There much better, now I'm human again!'said Maura chuckling at that statement. She knew she'll never be human again, but to act like a human at times was rather amusing. It was strange that she used to be human and do all these weird things.
Maura Goldstein
Maura Goldstein
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Sixth Year Hufflepuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Vivianna Varnes Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:35 am

Vivianna just smiled at her friend, the smile not faltering when the Hufflepuff rolled her eyes. It wasn't uncommon for the two to make faces at each other during conversation. Granted, it was usually the Slytherin doing such a thing, but things could change.

At Maura's paradoxical comment, it was Vivianna's turn to roll her eyes. "Oh yes, because consuming an entire bag of blood is a very human thing to do," the younger girl retorted sarcastically. She was probably one of the few non-vampires in the entire castle who would be completely at ease with the current situation, relaxed enough to make a joke. Really, the teenager mused, more people ought to be like her. It only took a moment for her to mentally take that back, if the entire world was full of people like her, it would be chaos.

Leaning back in her seat, the witch shifted for a moment to get comfortable. "So, who do you recon's gonna be the headboy and girl next year?" she asked, making easy conversation.
Vivianna Varnes
Vivianna Varnes
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top