You can't turn back time - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

You can't turn back time - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

You can't turn back time

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

You can't turn back time - Page 2 Empty Re: You can't turn back time

Post by Andrei Dolohov Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:35 pm

"Did anyone point out that you people might have an anger management problem? Muggles deal with it by therapy and such similar things. I'm a just saying....", he said with a chuckle not being able to restrain himself from that comment, although he knew very well that it wouldn't bring him any good at all. Great now he had to suck up to yet another member of their crazy family. Andrei knew Susan works in the Ministry so he was certain she wouldn't be so easily to fool. None of them would be honestly. But he had to try at least.

"Why do you have a problem with me? Besides the obvious of course. If I was a stupid little Hufflepuff who couldn't care less about Alice you wouldn't say anything. Do you think I'm a Death Eater who would torture her for information? Alice doesn't know anything! So that doesn't make sense. And what is the worst thing I could do to her that any other guy couldn't? Lie to her? Break her heart? Is that it? Or is it just that I'm a Slytherin and she shouldn't associate herself with people like me? I am not asking for her hand in marriage, we are just hanging out. So I think you are blowing things out of proportion"
Andrei Dolohov
Andrei Dolohov
Sixth Year Gryffindor
Sixth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 271

Back to top Go down

Post by N Longbottom Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:58 pm

Neville would not stand to be disrespected. He sent a patronus out to Susan. Susan and her astral projection history lessons would be a good fix, Amelia had told him about it. To be honest the idea of seeing the past in one of Susan’s memories while ‘being’ someone else was a bit scary to be honest. He knew his life; he didn’t need to see it again. Maybe that will fix this boy.

“Let’s see how you would have issues after being in war. Watching your friends die right before your eyes. Watching the life drift out of someone’s eyes that you just killed, while you just stand there in horror. Being tortured in class and plotting revenge. I’d like to see you watch the love your life fighting in a battle that she may not come out alive of,” said Neville bitterly. “I lost a lot of good friends. Did you know Hannah used to smile all the time? Then you know what people like your parents killed her mother, killed her friends and tortured her. No one came out of that war without battle scars,” he added.

“Let me tell you something boy, I don’t care what house you are. If I don’t like the way you act, talk or even walk then I don’t want you with my daughter. It’s easy for me the people bad for my children. I did the same to my son and he still earned the hard way. You have not shown me you are different from your parents. It is Alice’s life but I’m still her father and I will do anything to protect her. I would die for her if it meant protection her from people like you,” growled Neville.
N Longbottom

Number of posts : 159

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrei Dolohov Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:54 pm

Andrei rolled his eyes at Neville's story of tragedy. Did he think he was any different from everyone else? War was a devastation for everyone, for both sides. He lost uncles, family friends, relatives. Just because his parents were Death Eaters didn't mean he did not know what was it like to lose people you love. In fact, that meant he was one step closer to death at all times than everyone else.

"Really? You think I don't know what's it like to lose someone? What makes you say that? The fact that I am young, a Dolohov, or that my parents are Death Eaters? Because the last time I checked, that made things a lot worse for my lot than yours. Everyone has a sob story from the war time, don't act like you're the only one", he said rolling his eyes. "Because my family lost everything after the war. So don't tell me how your lot suffered more than mine". He never mentioned his father in public, he didn't like to talk about it. He didn't see how it would do any good. But even Andrei couldn't pretend that his father being a runaway somewhere in Russia did not affect him.

"What did I even do? I really do not know where do you get these things. I helped your daughter feel better, I made sure she took her medication, I went to wish her happy Christmas, I helped her with some Defense Against the Dark Arts homework and I gave her a necklace. Merlin that must mean that I am a criminal, how very clear it is! And I don't know what do you mean, 'people' like me. But the other 'people' she hangs around with are no better than me trust me", he said starting to get angry. "Oh you think I'm going to have sex with her, right? Yeah that would make sense", he said with a smirk, his anger getting the best of him.
Andrei Dolohov
Andrei Dolohov
Sixth Year Gryffindor
Sixth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by N Longbottom Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:03 pm

Neville hit his final limit. He had enough of this boy. He was done. He didn’t have to take this. This obviously wasn’t going to work for anyone. He made a short notice to Hannah coming in and walking into the kitchen. He knew she was listening in though, like always.

“Tell that to my parents who couldn’t even remember their own names after Death Eaters got done with them,” growled Neville. He couldn’t stand this boy. He was trying to calm down but it wasn’t happening. He was just boiling over and over again.

“Listen here I don’t think that you are helping her and soon as I have proof that your medication and that necklace is hurting her I won’t be needing the Ministry’s approval to make your life hell. And I will find out if they are hurting her. I know people,” said Neville. “I would suggest that you take a few days off from here. If you want you can find Susan in Hogsmeade, if you want a shot at me letting you around Alice. I’d watch your back at Hogwarts,” he added.

The boy was not worth any thought towards.
N Longbottom

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrei Dolohov Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:55 am

"I had nothing to do with that!", he said almost shouting when Neville brought up the subject of Death Eaters torturing his parents. He knew the story very well and it wasn't a pretty one. But then again it was just one of many stories Andrei had heard of and even knew his parents had participated in. That was his past and he learned to stop being ashamed of it a long time ago and just somehow use it to his own advantage.

"People like you always think I am the problem and can never see the big picture", he said shaking his head, slowly calming down. More than often he let his anger get the best of him but now his was really trying to control it as much as he could. His relationship with Alice was weird to say the least. He knew his plan and goal, but even then it was twisted in some ways. And that wasn't all Andrei's fault. It seemed that Alice was in a stage in her life where she was begging for trouble, anything just to shake her out of the boring reality she was living for. If it wasn't Andrei who was giving her that rush she needed, it would be someone else.

"Hard breathing under your grasp, isn't it?", he asked with a smirk. But he was done trying for now. "Fine. I'll get out of your way then. Can't blame a guy for trying now can you. In fact I think I should get extra points for that. And when something goes wrong, don't blame me because you wouldn't listen and see the obvious"
Andrei Dolohov
Andrei Dolohov
Sixth Year Gryffindor
Sixth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by N Longbottom Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:33 am

Neville said nothing more. He had nothing else to say. He closed himself off and left. He knew better to engage Andrei. Experience in age was showing. He may have his issues with his anger but this was his kids not just him getting angry in an argument or any other situations. He acted that way because he wanted to protect his kids; he hated the idea of them getting hurt severely. But he knew he wasn’t going to stop Alice but he can try to break the fall. That’s where Amelia and Susan come in. He knew he had set Andrei up when telling him to meet with Susan because there was no doubt in his mind it would not go well and he may not even know it went bad until he ends up getting hexed.

Hannah came out glaring and Andrei. “Then why are you still here. For your information if it wasn’t for Neville I would have fired you not just tell you to leave for a few weeks. We have our way of parenting until you are a parent you cannot judge what we do with Alice and it worked very well for our son Frank. Frank is off on his own, holding his own in a career he worked for. We did the very same thing with Frank when he was Alice’s age. We have our differences but it always works out,” she said. She picked up a box of alcohol and decided to sort it in the kitchen. She had gotten her say in.

Neville sighed; Hannah could never stay out of anything. Why did she have to insert herself in his arguments? One of these days she was going to get herself into trouble doing that. He still said nothing. Sometimes silence works better then yelling.
N Longbottom

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top