You can't turn back time
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

You can't turn back time Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

You can't turn back time

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

You can't turn back time Empty You can't turn back time

Post by Andrei Dolohov Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:17 pm

Andrei was cleaning the glasses at the back of the bar, ready to start yet another long shit. Business seemed to be going well for the Leaky Cauldron, as ever since it had reopened it was an attraction site for an increasing number of people. Which meant a lot of work on his side as well, but he didn't mind. I didn't take him that long to get a hang of things, he was a fast learned with things that had a hands on approach such as this one. And he had no problem finding his way in the liquor cabinets either. He had learned that a long time ago and he assumed that it was just one of those oh so charming family traits that the Dolohovs seem to have an abundance of.

Receiving an order of Nettle's wine by the waitress, he quickly grabbed the bottle filled with soft blue liquid and poured it into an freshly cleaned glass. At first, Andrei was rather slow in this process of getting orders and making them, sometimes even confusing the order of things when there was a crowd in. But now sufficient time has passed that he was more confident in speed. As he was cleaning the bar with a wet piece of cloth, the door opened and the owner of Leaky Cauldron walked in. Oh joy, Neville Longbottom. After the whole Christmas fiasco, he was prying he would have to see the man as less as possible. And it was going rather well in fact so far, but of course he knew that couldn't last long. They had to see each other sooner or later.

He had no sympathy or care towards the man, and he wouldn't act otherwise. But the problem with Andrei was his very short temper. He could burst into flames over nothing, especially if being provoked. Or worse, he can be the one who is provoking without even realizing it. Merlin only knew how was he to survive this job without having his head cut off.
Andrei Dolohov
Andrei Dolohov
Sixth Year Gryffindor
Sixth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 271

Back to top Go down

You can't turn back time Empty Re: You can't turn back time

Post by N Longbottom Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:03 am

Neville was glad to see the Leaky Cauldron taking off. Hannah had wanted this so badly all these years. This had proven to him he didn’t have to work for the Ministry or Hogwarts to make a living. He was glad he had bought this place. He knew this was an investment he would never regret.

One thing he regretted was hiring that Dolohov boy. Andrei had caused enough trouble for a lifetime for Neville. The funny thing is that the poor boy doesn’t know that it’s just Alice that is ticking him off. Neville decided it would be fun to play mind games with the boy. He told Alice he’d keep him alive but he never said he’d play nicely.

“We both get we don’t like each other that much but both of us have to suck it up. You want the job and I need the help. This will work out just fine if you leave my daughter and goddaughter alone,” said Neville. Merlin how did he love this. He was curious how long it would talk him to question the goddaughter part.
N Longbottom

Number of posts : 159

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrei Dolohov Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:33 pm

Her was cleaning the last pieces of glass left on the bar when Neville walked up towards him. Raising an eyebrow, he had to confess he was a bit confused. "Goddaughter?", he asked honestly not knowing what he meant. How was it possible that he was harassing not one but more family members of the Longbottom family. That was just his luck. "I would gladly stay away from your goddaughter if I knew who she was"

But then it was about Alice again. He couldn't blame Neville for still being furious about what happened. Andrei isn't very famous for being patient and mild tempered. And to be honest he might have overdone it at the Longbottom manor, saying things he really shouldn't have. So now what he got out of it was an eternity of having to deal with Alice's family and especially with her dad. "With all due respect sir, I can't do that", Andrei said shaking his head.

Again it came down to Alice. As much as he still wanted to work here and have this job, he wasn't prepared to let go of Alice and all of his plans because of it. "Obviously, you're not very found of me - I get that. But I'm here to do the work and nothing else. If I promise I would stay away from your daughter I would be lying. But I can promise that no harm shall come to her, not on my term."
Andrei Dolohov
Andrei Dolohov
Sixth Year Gryffindor
Sixth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by N Longbottom Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:31 am

“Amelia Macmillan,” said Neville knowing it was all he had to say. He was actually looking forward to seeing the boy’s reaction. He was surprised how much he was enjoying this. It wasn’t all a game though. He meant it. It was much more then just a game now. It was an legal torture method.

“You better not hope there is any harm done to Alice or else you’ll be wishing you hadn’t been born. I will make your life miserable,” warned Neville. It wasn’t a warning, it was a promise. A promise Neville will keep. He would do the same for Amelia, it wasn’t just Alice.
N Longbottom

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrei Dolohov Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:44 pm

He couldn't help but chuckle when he heard that name. Now it all made sense. It made sense why Alice and her were so close and why Neville was so protective of her. "I'll gladly stay away from Amelia. I have no reason not to", Andrei said reassuring him. That girl had caused enough trouble for him for a lifetime. If he could avoid her any way possible, that would only make his life much easier. Besides, something told him that Amelia could cause problems for his plan more than anyone else. Since she and Alice were so close she would be the first one who could respond and figure out why she's changing so rapidly. He couldn't allow that to happen.

Andrei gulped at Neville's words, as he recognized the seriousness in his voice. "Haven't you thought that she might be safer with me than all alone?". Thoughts rushed through his head. He needed to make Longbottom believe than he is doing more good than bad for his daughter, in whatever way possible. Otherwise, his plan is doomed. And he still wasn't even close to where he wanted to be. He desperately needed time to sort everything out. But with her family distrusting him so much, time was not an option. He needed to make up something fast

"I'm not sure how much you know, but your daughter hasn't been making the best choices lately. Choices that have nothing to do with me. And I'm trying to make that right, I'm helping her. Have you heard of pixie dust? Or spice?", he spoke with a confident tone. If he made it seem that Alice was in desperate need of his help and in big trouble, and that Andrei was responsible for helping her then his reputation would be much better. He would get the hero rep he needed with her family. "Check her room, her bag, closet or anything if you don't believe me.", he said with a sigh.
Andrei Dolohov
Andrei Dolohov
Sixth Year Gryffindor
Sixth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by N Longbottom Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:44 am

Neville raised an eyebrow and kept down a chuckle. Why could he trust Andrei? Keeping secrets is just as bad as lying in Neville’s book. He was forgiving to his own kids and Amelia but other kids not so much. His job was to teach those three. “Why should I believe a word you say,” said Neville coldly.

Neville felt his anger build. He knew what spice was and how dare Andrei say something like that. He knew his daughter and he knew that was not the case. He knew Amelia would have found it by now if it was the case. “Shut your mouth before I shut it for you,” warned Neville. “I know my daughter and she would never,” said Neville. He was done talking about Alice.
N Longbottom

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrei Dolohov Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:15 pm

What was he getting himself into? Well now he went with this too far to turn away now. Besides, he could easily put some spice in Alice's pockets or in her room to prove him point. Perhaps he would even let her have some at the Hogwarts party this weekend. It wasn't that dangerous as everyone simply over exaggerated when it came to it's long term effects. But he knew the parents were still very much against it. "Why would I lie about this or even mention it if it wasn't true? Are you truly saying that you have no doubts in your mind that what I'm saying is false? Because you're taking a risk with that change. I am controlling things but they aren't that many things I could do about it"

First step was to make Neville believe him, any way he could. Second step was to make him thing he was responsible for Alice's recovery and betterment. "Don't you think Alice would cut my head off is she knew I was telling you the truth? I'm taking a risk here trying to explain to you what is going on and it's up to you if you choose to listen or not.", he said shrugging his shoulders. "It's not exactly like she tells you everything, now is it?", Andrei said as it slipped out, just being a smart ass as always. "We are on the same team. That's all I'm trying to tell you"
Andrei Dolohov
Andrei Dolohov
Sixth Year Gryffindor
Sixth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by N Longbottom Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:36 am

“I know for a fact that she isn’t using Spice. My friend Susan would be able to see it a mile away since her oldest daughter does use Spice and she hasn’t said anything about it and if there was anything she would have said something. If Alice was using Spice, Amelia would know and she for certain would come straight to me,” said Neville “she knows the signs of how people act when they use Spice.” Neville wasn’t going to be tricked by some teenage boy. He hadn’t spent a year as a Auror for nothing.

“You’re just damn lucky my wife isn’t here at the moment. I will tell you this nearly every person close to Alice doesn’t like you. This includes Amelia’s parents who believe it or not are much scarier than me. Neither her mum nor her father has any problems with hexing you into the next decade. Her father is pureblood and knows some very lovely old spells form Scotland. Let’s not forget my son, he’s getting pretty good at his curses and hexes now that he’s a Auror,” warned Neville. He didn’t like how Andrei was talking to him. He didn’t take attitude from his own son at this age why would he take it from someone else’s son. “This is the last time I warn you about your smart ass mouth, I will hex that grin right off you and since this is my property and the Ministry as it is I won’t get in trouble for it either,” said Neville pulling out his wand twisting it around in his hand.
N Longbottom

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrei Dolohov Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:44 am

OOC: So sorry for the huge delay!

Andrei just chuckled and shrugged his shoulders. If this guy didn't believe him then there was nothing he could do about it. "Whatever you say...", he said with a shrug. "Not like that would be the worst thing she has done". He was starting to realize that the way to Alice wasn't through her family since they didn't seem to budge. They were all very strongly against him and he didn't see that changing anytime soon. So he definitely needed to find a way to use that fact in his advantage. And he figured that it wasn't hard turning a girl like Alice against her family. He had done it once before, after all.

"Believe it or not I do not yearn to please you all, not matter how much it would make my life easier. And it's definitely not my decision if I have a part in Alice's life or not, it's hers. So if you want to sort things out or change them, talk to her. Although I doubt that would do any good", he said rolling his eyes and putting the clean glass on the bar.

He raised his eyebrows at the man as he pulled out his wand. "Fine, I will shut my mouth. Merlin, calm down", said Andrei raising both his hands just slightly in a friendly manner. He might wanted to annoy Longbottom but not to get scars in the process. "What do you want? I understand a father's worry about his daughter I truly do. But since obviously you have a problem with me and not with her, then tell me what can I do. What would convince you that I actually care for Alice and wish her no harm, quite the opposite. Just name it"
Andrei Dolohov
Andrei Dolohov
Sixth Year Gryffindor
Sixth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by N Longbottom Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:09 pm

Neville was about ready to hex the boy. Did he have no common sense? Hmm, talk badly about someone’s daughter to their face what could happen? Kids these days. Someone had to teach them respect. It was amazing that his kids and the Macmillans had any sort of respect society being as it is.

“If you want me to trust you then get Susan Bones to trust you. She is the best person I know on judging people. I will warn you if you try and do something stupid like you just did you will have many wands on your neck. The Bones and the Macmillans are two families I do not want to mess with even back when I was a kid, mind you they are the same family pretty much but watch yourself. You are dealing with war survivors and war ‘heroes’. If Susan trusts you then I will leave you alone but the second she changes her mind I will change mine again,” said Neville. If that boy could take on Susan he deserved an award. As shaken up as she is at the moment she could still take on a Death Eater and win. He knew it was a death sentence to give Andrei that task but if nothing comes of it would be funny just to see him try. He had no idea how scary Susan was. “You’ve met Amelia when she’s angry. Susan is ten times worse even when she isn’t angry,” he added.
N Longbottom

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top