Can one desire too much of a good thing?
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Can one desire too much of a good thing? Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Can one desire too much of a good thing?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Can one desire too much of a good thing? Empty Can one desire too much of a good thing?

Post by Micki McKoon Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:23 pm

Books were kind to Micki, a woman who most considered rather mentally insane, but also friendly. Her outlandish speech, quirky dress habits, and almost constant look of disarray, she was often treated like a batty old woman, even though she was still young and had many years ahead of her.

Her constantly inked up and soiled sleeves, inky hair, dirt smudged robes, and lopsided witches hat all helped bring together the fact that she wore short shorts and a tank top under it all. And often she could be seen walking down Diagon Alley barefooted, a little basket swinging under her arm filled with an assortment of plants which she often took to the Apothecary, but today she was missing the plants, instead her basket swung under her arm, completely empty of anything but a small coin purse which rattled as she walked.

It was errand day for the batty young woman, buying things with the money she got from her books and from her plants. She was currently working on a new one, however she had gotten hung up on a plot element and so had decided to escape her usual confines of her home and adventure into the world to get the things she needed, such as research books and other small gifties from stores. Sometimes not always going into the store, but around back to pick through the things that others considered 'trash' but she considered free gifts.

Right now however, she was on her way to Flourish and Blotts, the book store that held many a wonderful things, from things about gardening, and how to keep those pesky bushes out of the way, to things about animals, people, spells, potions, anything she could want, all right there where she wanted it. Micki was dressed in a dirt smeared robe, flip flops, a tank top and shorts. Her legs had dirt smudges all over them, and her nose had it's usual ink stain across the bridge, the tips of her hair were stained with dark black ink, and left even more ink stains across her neck and shirt.

Once inside the store, she headed to the gardening section, immediately pulling down about five books, and then heading back to a potions section, pulling down more books on herbology and potions. Filling her basket and opening one of the books to check the inside of it, stand directly in front of the potions section.
Micki McKoon
Micki McKoon
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 41

Back to top Go down

Can one desire too much of a good thing? Empty Re: Can one desire too much of a good thing?

Post by Theodore Adrian Lupin Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:11 pm

Wandering through Diagon Alley for no apparent reason, Teddy Lupin decided he would visit good old Flourish and Blotts. It had been awhile since he'd been in this particular bookstore, mainly because he usually just read muggle books. So, either way, he wandered inside and walked along the aisles, getting a feel for the place. Until he saw a rather cute, if albeit strange, woman.

Walking up to her, he recognized her from the Order. "Uh, Hia! I don't know if you remember me, I don't think we ever spoke, but I recognize you from home base." He smiled at her endearingly.
Theodore Adrian Lupin
Theodore Adrian Lupin
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 869
Special Abilities : Metamorphagus, Occlumency

Back to top Go down

Can one desire too much of a good thing? Empty Re: Can one desire too much of a good thing?

Post by Micki McKoon Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:28 pm

Micki swung around when a voice addressed her, her eyes wide, holding the book to her chest, before she relaxed and nodded towards him. She wasn't quite sure how comfortable she was around other Order members, they seemed like such a serious lot, and they all made her quite nervous. When she was nervous, she tended to either go very quiet, or talk non-stop, and she was afraid if she opened her mouth, the Shakespearean that would flow from her lips would not ever stop, and unlike with everyone else in the world, Micki was trying hard not to look like a total weirdo around the Order members.

"Yes.." she said carefully, her eyes glued to him before she set the book she was looking at into her basket and dug down between the books to pull out the ratty old coin purse. "I do remember thee, I remember more than thy own head would consider a possibility." she said carefully, knowing that she sounded odd, but she was loosening up quickly. "I arrived behind schedule to um.. 'home base.'" She said smiling at him, tilting her head to the side, her inked up hair swinging onto her shoulder and leaving a fine line of ink behind on her already dirty robes.

"What amazes myself is the possibility that thee remember me! I did not part my own lips often at the get together, so that thee remembers me, well truely astonishing." she said lightly, lifting her chin up higher, and standing up straight, her eyes fixed on him.
Micki McKoon
Micki McKoon
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 41

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top