How many people want a stats-based duelling system?
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

How many people want a stats-based duelling system? Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

How many people want a stats-based duelling system?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

How many people want a stats-based duelling system? Empty Re: How many people want a stats-based duelling system?

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:00 am

We have one right now. The Masquerade. Whight Linstrum is in charge of it, but is working on fixing it, as the turn out ended up falling flat.

He already has the members organized. Perhaps you and him working on it together could get it running efficiently.
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 10287
Special Abilities : Occlumency
Occupation : Unspeakable | Beater for the Falmouth Falcons | Deed-Holder of Satan's

https://jackles-feels-feelings.polyvore.com/

Back to top Go down

How many people want a stats-based duelling system? Empty Re: How many people want a stats-based duelling system?

Post by Percy Weasley Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:31 am

I meant like a "The first rule of fight club" type of fight club.

....I'm just showing my age, aren't I?
Percy Weasley
Percy Weasley
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 70

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:58 pm

It is supposed to be like that. That was the point of it when we began it, anyway.
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Occupation : Unspeakable | Beater for the Falmouth Falcons | Deed-Holder of Satan's

Back to top Go down

Post by Whight Linstrum Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:53 am

Hello there. Yes I spent a lot of time piecing the Masquerade together and it do not work. There is not enough activity for what I wanted to do. About 85% of the people who said they were interested either never posted or posted once and never again. The system was solid and I would be very impressed if a better one was developed.

In any case, I am working on making a free for all dueling area where people can come and go as they please (much like the never ending games I've seen people playing on here) Anyway, you will be able to go in and duel with who ever happens to be there. I tried very hard to build a structured fight club, but got little in return. I'm not upset or anything because I knew I was taking a chance and I was warned of such things happening.

If you have some ideas i would be happy to discuss them with you. I already have the hard work done so we can tweak it as we see fit. I would rather other site members throw some ideas in there than just make everything my way. The biggest problem is activity. And I know it's in part my fault, but school and work have taken their toll on me this semester more so than I originally thought it would. But if we can get some serious activity it would be great. What I have designed is very structure, but I'm also very open minded to anything.
Whight Linstrum
Whight Linstrum
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 211
Special Abilities : Metamorphmagus

Back to top Go down

Post by Marguerite de Lancret Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:06 am

That free-for-all sounds fun. I really really wish that I could have gone farther with James in the Masquerade, but unfortunately, my partner never posted.

Could there be a way to perhaps re-partner people who's partners never show up? ...or perhaps pick our own partners or something? Just a thought....
Marguerite de Lancret
Marguerite de Lancret
Third Year Gryffindor
Third Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 104

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:07 am

I HAVE AN IDEA!

FREE KITTENS FOR NEW MEMBERS
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Marguerite de Lancret Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:09 am

I didn't get a free kitten....Sad

Oh, wait. I can't have one in the apartment I'll be moving into! D:
Marguerite de Lancret
Marguerite de Lancret
Third Year Gryffindor
Third Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 104

Back to top Go down

Post by Whight Linstrum Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:51 pm

I hate cats... So no. Anything animals and sports is a no go for this guy lol
Whight Linstrum
Whight Linstrum
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 211
Special Abilities : Metamorphmagus

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:55 pm

....................You're telling me this does nothing for you?

How many people want a stats-based duelling system? Isvrz
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top