Order meeting #3 - Page 4
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Order meeting #3 - Page 4 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Order meeting #3

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Order meeting #3 - Page 4 Empty Re: Order meeting #3

Post by James S. Potter Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:45 am

James caught a slight movement out of the corner of his eye and saw Danny enter into the meeting. He had disregarded the form standing there against the wall until Danny spoke up, addressing the group.

"So, mainly what we're all saying here is," he said sarcastically, an added hand movement to show his amount of irritation "we have squat, we're going to continue having squat while an entire village is dead and the Death Eaters continue to remain supreme?" He shook his head and under his breath, he said "Great, just F***' great.

James remained seated, responding to Danny's statement, his own irritation at the lack of information showing in his voice.

"Well, we don't have absolutely nothing," James said, looking at Danny, but directing his words to everyone, "We have suspicions that Thaor is the one who started the Fiendfyre, and that it is likely he faked his own death. We also know that Nemo Omara was captured as well. Of course, there is likely Death Eater involvement. While we do not yet have all the answers, we can get them.

I call for a full-on investigation. We need to tail known Death Eaters. We need to look at which shops have been untouched by the fire. It is likely that certain buildings were targeted while others were left untouched. We need to find out whether the untouched buildings were saved from the flames by mere chance, or whether it had been deliberate that they were not burned. Question shop owners. Question people known to have been in the Alley that day. Somebody had to of seen something.

Silvyr, you have that wonderful wolf with a highly sensitive nose. I believe she could be of great help if we took her to the area where Nemo was abducted from. There was too much smoke to get any clear scent readings at Diagon, but perhaps she could make something out of where Nemo had been abducted at. Even if they apparated, there has to be scent of Nemo's abductors in the area. If we can track them down, we can track down Nemo, and we can track down Khaat. I refuse to believe the incidents are coincidental. Whoever knows where Nemo is being held also knows where Khaat is being held."
James S. Potter
James S. Potter
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 361
Special Abilities : Animagus and Parseltongue

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvyr Svan Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:49 am

Silvyr listened to the guy now standing behind the opposite side of the table from where he was seated. The anger in his voice was evident and Silvyr knew the feeling well. It felt like everyone, including himself, was sitting there with their thumbs shoved up their a$$e$.

Without a moments hesitation James began speaking with sudden knowledge that Silvyr wished he would have shared sooner. He stopped himself from rolling his eyes as the 'noble' James Potter took charge with ideas that wouldn't work but sounded like decent plans. When James had finished speaking Silvyr answered what he thought was intended as a question about Leah's nose.

"Let me start off by saying that the questioning of people who were on Diagon Alley isn't going to happen mate. Anyone who was on that street who wasn't trying to save their own life was busy trying to put out fires and helping victims of said fires. So I think that might be a dead end. And also, the only way to rid the streets of the stench of smoke was to wash everything down so I honestly don't expect her to find anything. That said, I am willing to search over every inch of the Alley tonight if that is what we decide as a group that I am to do. I think it is one of the only few plans we have." Silvyr said calmly. "Though if the scent plan doesn't work I would like to be apart of tailing any known Death Eaters to get information about Nemo or Khaat. We will need to tail a few of them if we are going to have any luck. Still I cannot help but comment about the haste in this man's voice." Silvyr said motioning to Danny. "He's right to show it since no one else has. Every moment we spend sitting here is a moment that our friends are in the hands and at the will of the Death Eaters. We need to decide on a plan of action and I think that we should all be moving a little faster." Silvyr said still calm but now looking around the room.
Silvyr Svan
Silvyr Svan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 333
Special Abilities : Animagus, Occlumens

Back to top Go down

Post by James S. Potter Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:59 am

((Wasn't all that already discussed earlier? O.o))

"No, no," James replied, still a bit excitable, "Not at Diagon. Nemo wasn't kidnapped at Diagon."

James turned to Jack beside him, "Jack, do you know where Nemo was taken from? If it was at the Ministry or from your house, then there could very well still be scents there."

James shrugged, starting to feel a little foolish. It's a start anyways.
James S. Potter
James S. Potter
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 361
Special Abilities : Animagus and Parseltongue

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvyr Svan Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:01 am

(Came in late mate. I can't use info I didn't hear...)
Silvyr Svan
Silvyr Svan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:09 am

Jack felt that she would have preferred Andrew to his brother, who was ever hasty. Unfortunately, it seemed she was the minority to think he had spoken foolishly. James agreed, but Silvyr did not. She glanced at Silvyr after he finished. "Haste," she said, quietly, "is not going to help. Blindly stumbling about? 'Wisely and slow; they stumble that run fast.' I understand your want for quick results... I want it too." Her words were heavy with the truth, daring him to contradict her, to say she did not want it more than anyone there.

She glanced back at James. "It's a small bar he and I frequent. Whight and I checked it out. I recovered his wand from the barkeeper who had taken it from him. My Gytrash tracked him. His trail ended in the adjoining alley. No signs of major struggle. He was unarmed and probably outnumbered."
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 10287
Special Abilities : Occlumency
Occupation : Unspeakable | Beater for the Falmouth Falcons | Deed-Holder of Satan's

https://jackles-feels-feelings.polyvore.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvyr Svan Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:13 am

Silvyr's tongue sat heavy in his mouth after listening to Jack's comment. He looked her way, "Well we would be happy to take a look there if you think there will be any leads. Possibly the scents remaining from the Death Eaters could point us in the right direction in the future." Silvyr said.
Silvyr Svan
Silvyr Svan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:16 am

Jack shook her head. "Scents of them were duds too. I went back for samples, sent them to friends in the Ministry, and there simply wasn't enough to do anything. It was quick. No blood spilled, no skin samples, not so much as a finger print. Couldn't trace the magic. It's a shady place. There's a lot of foot traffic in the alley."
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 10287
Special Abilities : Occlumency
Occupation : Unspeakable | Beater for the Falmouth Falcons | Deed-Holder of Satan's

https://jackles-feels-feelings.polyvore.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Micki McKoon Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:05 pm

Micki had to admit to herself, the order was incredibly unorganized, members gone missing, high ranking Ministry officials even. Tailing Death Eaters sounded fun, but obviously would be dangerous, Micki always liked danger though. She looked down at her pygmy puff as Michael absentmindedly stroked it, and she grinned, moving so he could pet him more, but listening to what he said intently.

Khaat Lupin gone missing in a fiendfyre, Nemo Omara kidnapped, that was sad, he was the seer who Micki had just recently met, quite an interesting character, it wasn't actually news to Micki that he drunk a lot. Of course Micki was just a bit more observant than others, so she quickly made a scan of the people at the table. Tension was high, and Nemo's roommate was probably the most tense. Micki's eyes landed on her, and stared for a moment or two. She recognized the woman, but knew little about her, but something wasn't quite right in the way others regarded her as well.

Obviously respected, Micki had reason to believe her quietness at the meeting was unusual. Of course Micki wasn't really known to meetings, but by observing the shooting glances towards her, and the careful way others handled her, it was clear. Micki stroked her pygmy puff for a moment longer, before sitting up straighter, and threw a glance towards Michael.

Godfather of Khaat Lupin, who had gone missing in a fiendfyre.. interesting character that was, the whole situation was incredibly interesting, in a twisted kind of way. Micki couldn't help but think of the plot to her newest book. They were fighting about what needed to be done, but really, was anyone here prepared for the outcome? This wasn't like back in Harry Potter's time.. they didn't have a boy who lived.. a boy protected and knew what to do with the help of Albus Dumbledore, of course.. Dumbledore being dead no one knew what to do anymore..

Micki sighed and leaned back in her seat, looking a bit grumpy. They needed an Albus.. that's what they needed, or a Harry, or even just someone who knew what the hell they were doing, not a squabbling group of children trying to figure out why the bad guys were getting stronger. Micki wasn't yet comfortable to speak with these people however, mostly because she wasn't quite sure if she could switch off her peculiarities at the moment, when she was agitated it seemed as though her ability to talk normally was hindered even greater.

Micki glanced around one more time, before sighing again and leaning back, staring up at the ceiling and closing her eyes for a moment, lost in the thoughts of her own.
Micki McKoon
Micki McKoon
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 41

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvyr Svan Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:13 pm

Silvyr nodded as he could easily understand why foot prints wouldn't last more than a few seconds in some places let alone a few days. He was no stranger to the dark depths of the wizarding world. The first few years out of Hogwarts were spent in some of the worst hell holes he could possibly find.

Silvyr's next thought came out smoothly. The governor on his mouth was all but gone since he was trying to not sit silently thinking to himself. That wasn't going to help anyone. His words came out slowly while he worked through what he had heard over the past few minutes, "Okay... so who do we know that we can trail? That seems to be our best plan so we might as well move," Silvyr checked himself before he told anyone to act rapidly again, "ah, slowly and cautiously with it."
Silvyr Svan
Silvyr Svan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Whight Linstrum Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:18 pm

Whight had remained silent thought most of the conversation. He preferred to listen to words be tossed about before he spoke his opinion. There was little that could be done. All the trails the Order seemed to have vanished. Whight knew there was some information he could give, but divulging such things in a group this size would only raise suspicion in his direction.

After Silvyr, Whight said, “It seems that we need to focus a little more on Mr. Thaor. Even though he is “dead,” I think we all know better. His name keeps coming up a little too frequently if you ask me. I don’t know much about the man, but I’m sure there are some who do. If he is not dead then he is surely in hiding. It’s just a matter of seeking him out. He clearly isn’t as clever as he thinks if his only way to cause any sort of terror is to play dead.”

Whight paused for a moment. “I propose we have a few from this group work on gathering information on his whereabouts,” he started “We are the Order, I’m sure there are some of us who know a Death Eater or two they keep an eye on and could track and confront rather easily. And for those who don’t go after Thaor, there is a lot of help needed in Diagon Alley and we will need to establish order and peace in the area. People will vanish from the streets if they are afraid of being attacked. It needs to enforce the order we represent or the Death Eaters will have won this round.”

Whight felt as if he was stating the obvious with most of his speech, but everyone seemed to be tied up in catching the ‘bad guy’ right away when that was a task that would take a great deal of time. “On another note,” he began once more. “It may be necessary that we work to infiltrate the Death Eater’s a bit more heavily. I know this is a bold statement, but we have little to no information on them that I am aware of. It is time to organize more than ever. Diagon Alley is just the beginning if we don’t get out there and get some work done.”

Whight suddenly realized how much he was sitting on the edge of his seat. He was really into character today and it felt great. After a glance around the room, Whight leaned back in his chair, crossed his legs, and clasped his hands in his lap waiting for the next words.
Whight Linstrum
Whight Linstrum
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 211
Special Abilities : Metamorphmagus

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top