Order meeting #3 - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Order meeting #3 - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Order meeting #3

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Order meeting #3 - Page 2 Empty Re: Order meeting #3

Post by Sawyer Weasley Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:51 am

Sawyer shook his cousin's hand and leaned in to hear the address. He had been here before, of course, but since then, new enchantments had been taken on and refreshed, so it was necessary.

The home appeared and Sawyer followed James, remembering to tiptoe through the landing.

James announced him, introducing him by name and family tie. Saywer put a hand up, adding, "I was in the Order for three years but left the country about four years ago. I'm back and, for those of you who don't know, I've replaced Miss Jack as Head of the Department for Control and Regulation of Magical Creatures." He indicated Jack when he said her name but she was busy scraping a bit of mud off her sneakers and didn't even look up at him.
Sawyer Weasley

Number of posts : 130

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess Potter Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:52 am

((Whight, your pb gives me the creeps. Just thought I'd let you know Wink ))
Jess smiled at each person as they entered, making some small talk with a few of them while they collectively waited for the meeting to begin. He was hoping that things had changed since he'd been in charge. That people put more of a concerted effort into turning up at these gatherings, but really only time would tell.

He couldn't help but register the shock on a few faces, however, when they noticed that it was he, not Matt, who had called the meeting. Poor buggers were probably a little confused... perhaps even a little disappointed.

Jess couldn't help but chuckle slightly, covering the noise with his cup of tea, when Kingsley entered. The drifted to and from these meetings, Jess had long ago got used to seeing him one week, but not the other, so it was nothing big.

What was big, however, was the newest member in their midst. He hid the excitement he felt when hearing the name of the man's father, but instead settled to wait for him to speak. It would be interesting to hear what he had to say for his own little introduction.

This time he couldn't hide the snort of laughter.

"Miss Jack? Oh dear god, that's hilarious," he responded, struggling to keep his face straight. "Welcome, Sawyer. Glad to hear that you've returned, I hope that you find the current gang to be welcoming," he said.

"And without further adieu, I think we ought to start," he added, clapping his hands together and pushing himself off the counter he had been leaning on. "Obviously I'm not Matt. Rest assured, he will be back. He is merely unable to be here today.

"Now. As you know, there was recently an attack on a number of our members in Diagon Alley. We know for certain that the belligerent was a powerful dark wizard, as Fiendfyre was the primary method of attack.

"I also have my own suspicions that Thaor Elldir may have been solely involved, and that he acted alone. He was seen attempting to fight the fire, however he disappeared soon after into the flames, and a crudely made body" he told them, punctuating the air around that word as he spoke "following the attack. I don't know what went through whoever made it's mind, but I can certainly tell the difference between a charred body, and a charred pile of rocks shaped like a body."

He paused for a moment, scanning the room for signs of interjection, sipped his tea, and plowed on.

"I happen to have fought with this man before, and I can recognise the properties of his fiendfyre. It's becoming somewhat of a signature for him, and whilst it may be my own prejudicial views which cause me to reach this conclusion, I find it suspicious that a wizard skilled in the arts of fiendfyre as he is could neither stop the flame, nor protect himself from it," He concluded. "Of course, if any of you wish to argue my judgement on this, feel more than welcome to. It is merely a hypothesis of mine."

((If anyone wants to argue that, or support it, do so in the next day before Jess changes the topic to the next point of the meeting. I'm trialing a new format.))
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 14221
Special Abilities : Wandless Magic, Seer, Flying, Legilimens

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1356010139

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:46 am

Jack mustered up the spirit to playfully sneer at Jess before dropping back into her own thoughts, picking at the mud. She may have looked bored, or even disinterested in the Order, and that's what she hoped for. If she had to stop attending meetings, she wanted there to be a track record that led people to assume she had been dissatisfied enough to leave.

She listened patiently to Jess, as he was focused on Diagon Alley, and not the kidnappings. His words about Thaor didn't surprise her. She felt the need to support Jess. "Thaor faked his death after my seventh year of Hogwarts. Jumped out a window, transfigured a bush into a mock body, and apparated off. So it wouldn't be a surprise, honestly."
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 10287
Special Abilities : Occlumency
Occupation : Unspeakable | Beater for the Falmouth Falcons | Deed-Holder of Satan's

https://jackles-feels-feelings.polyvore.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Whight Linstrum Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:31 pm

((@ jess- Well this is what I actually look like when I'm around the Order if that helps. This. ))

Whight listened to the man that now drove the Order meeting. No one seemed to question his position, so Whight so no need to as well. He knew there was much he didn't know about the Order and its history, but he was sure to add the name and face to his growing list; the man would definitely get a little star out beside his name.

As he thought back to the event, Whight had little knowledge as to what actually happened. He had spent most of his time running to aid Jack; much was just relayed news at this point. To keep things moving, Whight gave voice to the subject of reason after Jack spoke.

"Though I may not know this Thaor fellow, I can only imagine that someone in need to fake their death even once is someone up to no good," Whight said. "If "dying" was for protection purposes I believe they would stay in hiding, not pop in and out as they desired"
Whight Linstrum
Whight Linstrum
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 211
Special Abilities : Metamorphmagus

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvyr Svan Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:30 am

(Alright where's my prize? I vividly remember you stating "the wizard last to the order meeting gets a prize." So I'm only here to collect. Wink )

Silvyr walked through the front door with Leah by his side. He had responded to the patronus that he knew well as Jess Potter's that burst through his room ten minutes ago. He was beginning to notice a trend in the Order of disturbing his concentration while working but he guessed that he wouldn't be able to stop that no matter what he did. The air in the home used by the order never ceased to amaze him. It's stench was unchanging though always musky. He breathed it in calmly as he walked into the meeting casually and nodded at Jess with a smile without looking at anyone else and took a seat.

Silvyr wasn't in the mood to speak or even listen to half of the people in the room. Deep down he just hoped he would be able to leave soon without having to deal with another headache.
Silvyr Svan
Silvyr Svan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 333
Special Abilities : Animagus, Occlumens

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Tremaine Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:26 am

Michael came in late. He had been on business,and his business made him often miss Order meetings. But Michael had an agenda of his own tonight, and it was what brought him--even late. He had come in stealthily enough that, for once, Walburga hadn't heard him coming, and he hexed the old woman's image. He'd turned the nasty old bat into a nasty old bat--literally--that hung upside down in the gilded frame, before she could screech at him. Undo that one, Potter! Michael thought. In that time, he'd managed to hear them talking about Thaor. The very name now made his blood boil. He walked through to the kitchen like a man on a mission. His rage at Thaor knew almost no bounds. Untypically, there was not an ounce of humor hin his demeanor tonight.

"My apologies, All," he said. "I couldn't help overhearing a wee bit. If you're putting Thaor Elldir's name on the agenda, then I can give you more information than you probably want. If you want answers, get with me and ask your questions. I'll tell you all I can--because if the Order doesn't take care of him, I will."
Michael Tremaine
Michael Tremaine
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 646
Special Abilities : Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Micki McKoon Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:44 am

Micki trotted into the room in a flurry of strangeness. She had absolutely no idea what she was doing, but she knew she was supposed to be here. She looked windswept, wearing a heavy trench coat, her hair was a wild mess about her face, she wore what looked like bright green bottles of liquid for earrings, seemed to have ink smudged on her nose. and she had a Pygmy puff in her hands. It was odd that Micki was so interested in this group, seeing as she was of almost no use to anyone when it came to fighting, her magic abilities were confined to making up her own magic spells for food, and growing things in her wild overgrown garden.

She decided it would probably be better to be professional here however, and decided to drop her normal way of speech, instead saying in quite a normal voice. "Sorry guys! Am I late?" She threw herself into a seat and looked around at the others quite excitedly.

After a moment Micki realized she had interrupted the meeting and quickly hunched down in her seat, holding her Pygmy puff against her chest, almost like a safeguard against the people she didn't know.
Micki McKoon
Micki McKoon
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 41

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Tremaine Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:00 am

Michael saw the young woman enter. He reeled in his anger quickly. As completely as he knew how. He went over and laid his hand on her shoulder gently. "You're fine," he said quietly. He took a seat beside her and rather absently stroked the pygmy. He was much to used to them. After all, Robert's barn was running amuck with them. Robert hated having so many of them, and Kate loved it. And so the herd of puffs was now growing profusely at his friend's. "I'm Michael," he said to the young woman, even quieter.

He hadn't come to the meeting without being prepared to discuss Thaor. To open the books on Thaor's whole ugly history if that was what it took to find him and stop him once and for all. Whatever it took. And if they hadn't already brought him up, Michael had intended to try to add him to their list of task in working for that 'greater good."
Michael Tremaine
Michael Tremaine
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 646
Special Abilities : Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess Potter Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:04 pm

((Grumbles about late people.
But dw, I still love y'all. Thanks for making it at all.
Also Khaat, Jess has already asked everyone to say their bit about Thaor, so he'll just be repeating himself if he asks now. Really I've nothing to add until someone either adds or detracts. So would you mind editing that last post to just provide the intel? Sorry, all I can think of saying is "Jess nodded for Michael to proceed"))
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 14221
Special Abilities : Wandless Magic, Seer, Flying, Legilimens

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1356010139

Back to top Go down

Post by Sophia Granger Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:03 pm

Sophia scrowled at herself, she hated being late to thing including the Oder meeting that was now being held. Appearing in the alleyway Sophia walked across the street as her black cloak whipped behind her as she walked. Quietly entering the house Sophia stood beside Damon. "Sorry I'm late, did I miss anything?"Sophia asked them softly her eyes wondering around the place. Sophia knew a couple of people here, but to her the Order was all new to her. It was weird to think that, but it was true half the members she knew just vanished or don't come anymore. She doesn't even know what happened to them, to be honest it was quite concerning.
Sophia Granger
Sophia Granger
Seventh Year Gryffindor
Seventh Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 11575

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top