A warning to remember
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A warning to remember Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A warning to remember

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A warning to remember Empty A warning to remember

Post by Chad Taylor Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:12 am

Chad walked down to Knockturn Alley, a side-street just off Diagon Alley, he walked just past Borgin & Burkes, he wasn't planning on going there, but an aroma of fresh dumpling soup wafted into his nostrils. "Hmm..." he nearly started drooling, and he sniffed the smell up and was drawn towards the door and smelt it up until he crashed into the door itself.

He opened the door, and quickly covered his eyes, it wasn't that bright, but was a big difference compared to the gloom outside, "Oww..." he said quietly, "Why is it so bright in here?". He asked, he hated bright light, well not bright light, his eyes were the one's that didn't like it. His eyes took a lot of time to adjust.

He looked around and a certain object caught attention to his eyes, there were countless flasks containing mysterious liquids, he looked around at them, there were round tubes, cylinder shapes, spheres. There were green sludges, purple essences, and brown mists. He touched the flasks, and a tingle of dark magic coursed through his veins, his spine shivered, and he coughed.
This was a mysterious place.

Chad Taylor
Chad Taylor
Fifth Year Gryffindor
Fifth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 162

Back to top Go down

A warning to remember Empty Re: A warning to remember

Post by Darien de Ramiére Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:30 am

Darien could be found at Knockturn Alley, too, though he wasn't sure that he'll find what he's looking for from there. He felt weird, when walking down the street, because he wasn't a Slytherin, like most of the people he could see there.

He soon entered Borgin & Burkes, looking over the things, as he noticed a young boy not too far away from him. "Are you sure you should be here..?" Darien wasn't he parent or anything, but he thought that he seemed too young to be there. But well, it wasn't any of his business. He wouldn't be surprised if he'd say something rude to him now.
Darien de Ramiére
Darien de Ramiére
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Number of posts : 601
Special Abilities : Parseltongue, Legilimency

Back to top Go down

Post by Chad Taylor Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:35 am

"Aahhh" he yelled, dropping the vial he was currently holding, he pulled his wand from his back pocket and said "Reparo" the vial's broken pieces reformed together and Chad smiled, it was good to see he could at least do some basic magic although unfortunately the sludge didn't reappear. "I'll pay for that" he added to the cashier.

He spun round, and said, "What was that for?" he said, "And yes I'm allowed to be here, I'm a fifth year and perfectly responsible" he stated matter-of-factly, "Are you allowed to be here?" he asked, he knew this man was probably a graduate, but was still angry at him.
Chad Taylor
Chad Taylor
Fifth Year Gryffindor
Fifth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Darien de Ramiére Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:39 am

Darien widened his eyes slightly, when the boy dropped the thing he was holding and repaired it. Well, he didn't want to scare him actually, but if that happened, then okay.

"Everyone is allowed to be here, I was just curious if you're not a bit too young to shop on this street." Darien couldn't help but sound like a father or something. Well. That was his thing. And as a Ravenclaw he worried about others, too.
Darien de Ramiére
Darien de Ramiére
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Chad Taylor Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:43 am

"Just leave me alone mate, I'm not evil, or anything ok" he leafed through the store, trying to not make eye contact, with the man. He felt weird, and very very guilty, "Fine" he scoffed, "I honestly don't have permission to be here, I sneaked out using a secret passage," he hushed his tone as he said this, hoping no-one would hear him. "My name is Chad, Chad Taylor" he said holding his hand out, "And you are?".
Chad Taylor
Chad Taylor
Fifth Year Gryffindor
Fifth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Darien de Ramiére Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:51 am

"I never thought you were evil," Darien said. And he wasn't afraid of Death Eaters and other thingies. Hell, he was dating a DE and a vampire. Or a half-vampire... he wasn't sure right now. Darien smiled, when he confessed, that he really didn't had the permission to be here. "You shouldn't sneak out, though. Especially not to come here." But Darien wasn't a cold person or anything. "I'm Darien," he introduced himself then, shaking his had for greeting.
Darien de Ramiére
Darien de Ramiére
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Chad Taylor Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:57 am

"Please don't give me a pep talk, not a the moment, anyway. I receive enough of those from one half of my twin sisters, Isabella, she's an Auror, and doesn't ever let us forget it".
He desperately wanted to get out of here, this man had become incredibly boring within minutes. He sighed, and rolled his eyes this had better get interesting or he'd leave very quickly.

"Nice to meet you," he said lying in a drawing tone, "So, when did you graduate, and why would you be here" he said, "You seem to goody-two-shoey to be in a store like this".
Chad Taylor
Chad Taylor
Fifth Year Gryffindor
Fifth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Darien de Ramiére Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:07 pm

Darien laughed slightly and shook his head. "I'm not here to punish you.." He just was worried. "I graduated five years ago," he then answered. "And I'm here to search for some things I need.." Dar looked around for a second. "What year are you in?" he then asked. Ah, he missed his Hogwarts years. Everything was just so much better, when he was younger and didn't have these relationship problems.
Darien de Ramiére
Darien de Ramiére
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Chad Taylor Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:17 pm

"If you had listened for a change, you would've heard I was a fifth year, but you obviously don't" he said, he knew he sounded rude, and he intended it. "Hmm... well this is boring so I'm off, to the bakery in Diagon Alley" he walked out of the store and remember the dumpling soup and the warmth company brought to him, while the door was still open he added, "And you can come too if you're not too busy" he said. It was sometimes nice to be nice.

(Shall we continue in this thread or start new one at the bakery called, [A warning to remember (CONT)]
Chad Taylor
Chad Taylor
Fifth Year Gryffindor
Fifth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Darien de Ramiére Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:27 pm

"Ooh.. I forgot, sorry." Darien said, cocking his head. Yeah, he quite forgot. Darien looked at Chad with curiosity and nodded a bit. "I'd like to come with you," he said, following him. "How are you doing in school, though?" Darien asked, when they exited the shop and walked towards Diagon Alley. Darien felt better, when he was with someone on this street and that they were going to Diagon Alley. Obviously not a Death Eater material.

OOC: Let's continue here.
Darien de Ramiére
Darien de Ramiére
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top