Welcome to my Normal
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Welcome to my Normal Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Welcome to my Normal

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Welcome to my Normal Empty Welcome to my Normal

Post by Naomi Barker-Greyback Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:32 pm

Naomi and her pack had pretty much settled in to the little cottage that Elijah had so graciously allowed them to take residence in. Naomi had been working on kicking out the bad habits of her pack. Most of them were good. Carlyn was vaccuming the living room and Nester was sitting in the same room, sprawled out on the couch and rubbing his head vigorously. Naomi watched the two from where she stood in the kitchen, doing dishes.

Colby walked in and entered into the kitchen. "Hoover's asleep. He had his new job last night from eleven to five in the morning. I'm going to head off to the market." Naomi said, "Let me get the list." She bustled over to the breadbox and pulled out her list, handing it and some money over to Colby. It was hard, five werewolves stuck in a house with only one source of income. It was hard enough to get jobs as werewolves, but they were also wanted. It was nearly impossible.

Colby began to head out the front door and Naomi said, "Ah! Use the back door. Try to be quick, alright? If you're not back in an hour-" "I'm a goner," he teased back, before leaving. Naomi sighed and heard Carlyn yelling at Nester to get off his feet and do something useful. "C'mon, guys!" she called. "Where's your manners?"

Life was hard. Naomi bustled about the kitchen, cleaning and watering the potted plants, trying to keep her mind busy and off the matters at hand. She did not like to dwell on the fact that she had limited freedom; that the Death Eaters were hunting her down; that her name was dirt; that her husband was off doing whatever he wished; that she had been unable to capture him. Naomi was really beginning to feel as though she was living a life she had no control over.

The pack
outfit
Naomi Barker-Greyback
Naomi Barker-Greyback

Number of posts : 392

Back to top Go down

Welcome to my Normal Empty Re: Welcome to my Normal

Post by Mira Anderson Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:56 pm

Mira never thought she would miss going to school. The homework, schedules, and other students had all felt so small to her last year. She had been unhappily living in a bubble of normality but now there was nothing that she would like more than to return to it. Now that she was no longer at student at the much esteemed school of witchcraft, Mira had unconsciously chosen to opt out of the next logical step in her life. Employment. Granted, being the partner of Elijah Krum took more time and effort than any class ever had, but being bound to this house was quite unsettling to her young soul.

The gardens were her favorite. Winding and beautiful, Mira had several that she had taken a special liking to. It was there that she spent the time when the young Krum was out begrudgingly doing his duties as Deputy Minister of Magic. One tree in the apple grove had a small platform hidden among it's low leaves. It was this platform that Mira had made her own with cushions and books. Anything that would help her pass the time as she soaked in the last of the summer sun in preparation for the long winter that she felt was coming. Once the snow came the mansion would feel much like a cottage to her in size, an event she was not looking forward to.

On this particular day Mira was more or less in charge of amusing herself. Miseria was off somewhere and Athena was busy playing house with her boytoy, leaving the blonde entirely friendless. Maybe she should have been a bit kinder back at school.. No. That was silly. Of course she shouldn't have.

The slowly browning grass crunched ever so slightly under foot as she crossed the grounds towards the cabin. She had just learned that it now contained occupants of it's own. Sure, technically Mira was "forbidden" to go and see them, but, really, who can define what forbidden means? So she headed off anyway with a mixture of foreboding and excitement at the idea of some new company to harass greet. By the time she reached the cabin (though it couldn't honestly be considered a cabin by itself. Only when in relation to the main house did it appear small.) the chill of autumn had settled over her. The idea of a warm home sounded beyond amazing right now.

With a knock on the door, Mira shuffled her feet a little, waiting for the occupants to show their "terrible" selves. What fun she had.

outfit
Mira Anderson

Number of posts : 539

Back to top Go down

Post by Naomi Barker-Greyback Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:06 am

The kitchen was nearly cleaned when Hoover walked in, wearing his heavy boots that had mud caked on them. Naomi stared at the new trail of mud and sunk heavily into her chair. Weakly, she said, "Hoover... I just cleaned that." The usually grouchy werewolf wheeled around to snap at the woman of the house when he noticed how the simple action had so deflated her spirits and energies. He sighed and dropped his shoes in the shoe basket and apologized, ducking out.

Naomi heard a faint knock and she froze- who came to the front door? Surely not Elijah- she had seen him leaving for work. She walked to the peep hole and looked through it, spotting Mira Anderson, the woman of the house. Naomi swallowed, feeling panic between to bubble up.

Naomi hurried into the living room and waved her arms to get Carlyn to turn off the vacuum. They stared at her. "Someone's at the door." They stared in surprise. Naomi gestured that they should remove themselves and they rose, heading for the stairs. "Tell Hoover to stay out too," Naomi said.

She turned and glanced at herself in a mirror- frazzled, exhausted, small. There was no changing any of that. She approached and opened the door for the woman, saying, "Hello. Can I help you?" She felt like a serf, a peasant looking and waiting upon the lady of the property.
Naomi Barker-Greyback
Naomi Barker-Greyback

Back to top Go down

Post by Mira Anderson Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:20 pm

The door opened and Mira found herself a bit surprised at who stood on the other side. She wasn't exactly sure who she had expected but it wasn't this. Naomi Greyback had shared a dorm room with Mira for seven years back in school. Despite sleeping in the same room for so long they hadn't really ever used the chance to speak. Sure, there had been a few attempts for everyone to meet and greet in the first year but after that Mira and Athena had pretty blatantly separated themselves from the group. Now that Naomi was standing in front of her again Mira felt a bit bad about this. She probably should have bothered to learn even the most basic things about the girl.

"Hi. Are you busy? Can I come in?"

She wasn't sure how to say that she just wanted to visit. It was without a doubt a strange situation that they had here. Mira could feel the air about her was that of, well, superiority. She hoped that Naomi wouldn't find her coming down the cottage to be too intrusive in her life. It was very possible that the residents of this home were here simply to have a roof over their heads and wanted nothing to do with the occupants of the main house. Mira offered the girl the most relaxed smile she could manage (which, knowing her, probably came out nothing like she hoped).

What did she know about this girl? Naomi had been strong. She hadn't let things get under her skin like a lot of the other girls. A werewolf (always absent from their room on the full moon). Dark arts supporter. But that wasn't anything special. It was Slythirin (most of them bragged about their dark abilities more for the appearance of it than anything else). Unlike Athena, Mira had never had any ambitions to join the Death Eaters when she graduated. Sure, if they came knocking on her door and it would benefit her somehow.. but what could a witch like Mira offer them? Shiny hair and ache free skin? No, she was more comfortable sitting at home. Someday she would be the Minister's wife. She was sure of that.

OOC: I just realized they would have known each other. Just let me know if you want anything changed.
Mira Anderson

Number of posts : 539

Back to top Go down

Post by Naomi Barker-Greyback Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:21 am

OOC: Naomi became a werewolf after she left Hogwarts. XD

Naomi took in this Queen, wondering what had prompted her to condescend to visit her in the lowly peasants. Naomi remembered Mira- both girls were popular enough to be loved, though Mira had taken a higher route and rarely graced anyone with her society that wasn't one of her tight circle. Naomi had her own crowd, the beautiful Slytherins that did speak to their public. Naomi hadn't been nice to the lowlies when their ears were long gone, but she had been pretty and amiable- she was a Hogwarts sweetheart.

Mira was more like a duchess. You could see Naomi whenever, and it was always a bit refreshing if you were not hideous or stupid- such people received no mercy. Regardless, though, she was a lady that graced the eyes and the spirit. When Mira walked by, you weren't sure how to feel. Breath taking and superior. You loved her for existing and loathed her for the fact that she was so much better than you, and she knew it too.

Those old school girl feelings returned. They were both still beautiful, but it was a curious change. Mira, best friends to the only girl in Dark Followers with an actual taste for blood, was now the mistress of the Deputy Minister's estate, one of the major goodies. Naomi, sweeter and less interested in the Dark Followers, was still married to the serial killer, and was literally a beast some days.

So Naomi felt like she had no choice but to allow Mira in- she could not turn out royalty, and Mira had proven herself to be just that. The only resentment Naomi could have was that of situation. Mira's money had probably been the deal breaker in her life. That had secured her this home, this man, this superiority. Naomi could not dislike the girl for having her life turn out so well, but she could envy her a bit.

"Oh, no, you caught me at the tail end of my chores. Please, do come in." Naomi smiled weakly and held the door open while Mira entered. Naomi closed the door and hurried forward, peeking out of the kitchen and down the hallway in the living room to ensure the others had gone. She quickly turned around and pushed up her sweater sleeves, a little embarrassed to look as frumpy as she did. She gestured towards the quaint little kitchen table, the one she and her pack piled around, shoulder to shoulder, to devour the meals. "Please sit down. Would you like anything to drink?"
Naomi Barker-Greyback
Naomi Barker-Greyback

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top