Marriage, really?
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Marriage, really? Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Marriage, really?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Marriage, really? Empty Marriage, really?

Post by Catalina Malcom Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:31 am

Cat couldn't believe what was happening to her.

It her parents choice, not hers. Quite personally, she wanted to stay an old maid with cats as opposed to children. Her life would be complete and happy, only having to take care of all her cats and personal hygiene.

No, Cat couldn't even have that in her life.

Cat was now sitting in the Klien house, apperently waiting for Gregorys arrival back from home. Fuming in the corner, she all but smashed the glass of wine his mother offered her in her face. But she was so nice, and Cat couldn't help but feel bad for her. His sister was no where to be found, but it was told by Greg's mother that she was sleeping.

How Cat wished she could do that. Be anywhere but there.

But she was there. Her mother had made her change her looks, and she now had curly blonde hair and blue eyes, and and the hideous dress that she was wearing didnt even show off her body. Honestly, it was like wearing a potato sack. A fuchsia potato sack, to be exact. With matching heels.

Listening to the women's wedding plans, Cat groaned in anger, not even getting a look in response.

Her ears perked to footsteps, and Cat sighed, having a feeling it was her soon to be fiancé, Gregory. She didn't even stand up, and she was slouched in an armchair, a scowl on her face.
Catalina Malcom
Catalina Malcom
Fifth Year Gryffindor
Fifth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 186
Special Abilities : Metamorphagus

Back to top Go down

Marriage, really? Empty Re: Marriage, really?

Post by Gregory Klein Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:41 am

Gregory lit another cigarette as he approached the house, his mother's voice practically ringing in his ears. That's a disgusting habit, she would grouch with a scowl on her face. Just like your father. He always smoked. I hated it.

The only thing Gregory heard out of that was that he was like his father. That was enough for him to continue on the disgusting habit. The only way he would stop was if Jocelyn wanted him to. But, the seven year old hadn't made any complaints as if yet.

Walking into his house, still smoking the cigarette, he lifted his eyebrow when he heard voices. He wasn't aware that his mother was hosting anyone at their manor today. He supposed he couldn't complain, since he would be sneaking out again tonight anyway.

Letting his face fall into an impassive mask, Gregory walked into the sitting room.

Spotting two strangers, one of them being his age in an ugly dress and a head of curly blonde hair. Looking closer, he could recongize the features. "What is the little fox doing here?"
Gregory Klein
Gregory Klein
Sixth Year Gryffindor
Sixth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 26

Back to top Go down

Post by Catalina Malcom Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:45 am

Cat took off her heels and threw them a good distance away from her. The potato sack she would have to wear, but if she could, she would take it off and never look at it again. Probably burn it, but her moth predicted it and took away her wand. Cat recognized it on the table where the women were, and her fingers twitched, wanting it so badly. At least to have it on her person.

She raised a brow as he continued smoking. "You have no idea?" Cat asked in disbelief. Laughing without amusement, she hid her face in her hands. Sitting back down in her armchair, she looked to him again. "Marriage, dear Gregory. Marriage is why I am here." She wanted to yell that she was fifteen and had no reason to get involved with marriage, but she bit down on her tongue hard, tasting blood in her mouth.

The words nearly made her throw up.
Catalina Malcom
Catalina Malcom
Fifth Year Gryffindor
Fifth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregory Klein Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:10 am

He let a flicker of emotion appear in his blue eyes at he stared at the blonde. Said emotion was a mix of disgust, horror, and utterly humiliation. He wasn't some cow to be auctioned off to some female. Gregory had heard of arranged marriages, but he never thought of them to be like this. This was extremely not okay.

"Are you kidding me right now?" Gregory asked, turning to his mother. His face remained impassive, bored even. Though the fire in his blue eyes were enough to burn through anyone. "I'm marrying you?" He asked as he turned to Catalina.

"I'm not going to marry her."
Gregory Klein
Gregory Klein
Sixth Year Gryffindor
Sixth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Catalina Malcom Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:20 am

Cat stared into his eyes, seeing the emotions made her only angrier about hers. Who the hell did her mom think she was? Just marrying her own daughter to the first person who offered up her son? Cat was completely content in dying alone. Or becoming a sripper. Now neither of those things were an option. Cat could almost feel the weight of a ring on her finger, and the screams of children. Shuddering at the thought, Cat stood up, in here horrible dress, and crossed her way to stand next to Greg.

"Miss Klien, I'm sure you can see where I'm coming from. I can't marry your son!" Cat shrieked, pointing to Greg accusingly, like it was his fault this was happening. "I'm sure he's a nice man, and by nice I mean asshole. I just can't marry him. I want to die alone, for merlins sake!" Cat didn't care what Greg would say, and she snatched the cigarette from him and placed it to her lips, ignoring her mother shouting her name shrilly. Mothers these days.

"I'm fine with that." Cat shouted at him, obviously enraged.
Catalina Malcom
Catalina Malcom
Fifth Year Gryffindor
Fifth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregory Klein Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:30 am

When Catalina decided to display her immature defiance, Gregory resisted the tempting urge to roll her eyes. She obviously didn't know how to control herself, a very disappointing trait in a future wife. Wife. Even the word made a shudder roll down his back in disgust. Marrying this she-child was not on his agenda. Ever.

"Great, I'm an asshole now." Gregory murmured to himself, rolling his eyes. Honestly, he wouldn't have minded the arranged marriage as long as it was someone who wasn't chemically imbalanced. There was just something wrong with Catalina. "Careful, or you may die sooner than you think. I'll make sure you're alone too." He growled, earning a sharp look from his mother.

His mother stepped forward, placing a hand on each other their shoulders. "Now, now, you two needs to calm down. I know this is sudden, but we have your best interests at heart." She stepped away with Catalina's mum. "We're going to leave you two alone to get to know each other a bit better, fair enough."

Gregory groaned.
Gregory Klein
Gregory Klein
Sixth Year Gryffindor
Sixth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Catalina Malcom Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:46 am

Cat really didn't understand the point of this marriage ordeal. Was this a dream she was in? A dream based off one conversation that she had the misfortune to have? Yes. This had to be. Not once would she expect she would be forced into a relationship with a person that she hated with a burning passion. She wasn't even out of school yet, and they were already getting engaged.

Engaged. Marriage. Husband. White dress. Children. Gagging, Cat walked away from the group, once again sitting in the arm chair by the fire. Holding the dress in her hand, she wondered if she should just rip the dress off and burn it then. It would make her feel calmer, as Cat felt like Valentines day had thrown up on her.

"You can finish me off now. I think I would be happy." Cat threw up her hands in defeat, challenging him with a raised brow. God, this is the last thing she needed from her soon to be husband. The thought was suicide. "I might as well kill myself, that would be best as well." The comment made her mother gasp in outrage, which was ridiculous. She caused this pain.

"You can't leave me with.... Him!" Cat, stunned, yelled to Miss Klien and her mother. They didn't even look back, and Cat stared at Gregory with pity in her eyes. Pity for herself. Hearing the door lock, she realized that her wand was gone and she was truly stuck with him.

Til death do them part.
Catalina Malcom
Catalina Malcom
Fifth Year Gryffindor
Fifth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregory Klein Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:09 am

Gregory wondered if his father had wanted him to be married off like this. It didn't seem like something the prestigious man would've done. He might not have been above killing off Muggleborns for the good of humanity, but he had to have been above medieval marriages. This was just demeaning and insulting. How was Gregory was supposed to continue his quest for the woman at Hogwarts with a fiance? Damn everything.

He almost laughed. "Perhaps I will." Gregory joked in return, rolling his ice blue eyes. Killing her off would've saved both of them the trouble. Evidently, their mothers didn't find the banter cute at all, judging by the disapproving looks on their faces. He honestly couldn't care less. "If you do that, be sure to leave me your money. Thanks lovely."

Gregory had to resist the urge to repeat her statement, but replacing the him with her. It was what people did the Muggle movies and it would've been perfectly cliche for their situation. Greg refrained though, choosing to stand silent instead. When the mothers left, Gregory looked down at her.

Deciding to make the best of this situation, he lifted up his hand to caress her face gently. "At least I'll have fun consummating the marriage."
Gregory Klein
Gregory Klein
Sixth Year Gryffindor
Sixth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Catalina Malcom Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:23 am

Cat had to remember that this didn't have anything to do with her father. Her father was in jail for the murder of her sister and being a dark follower. This was all her mothers choosing. And, from what Miss Klien told her, there was no Mr. This was the mothers ideas. How on earth they matched Cat with Greg appalled her greatly. Barely into her fith year and she was already engaged. Brilliant. Fantastic. What an amazing thing to brag about. My name is Cat Malcom and I'm already engaged!

There was no excuse to something like that.

"I want you to." Cat practically lashed out at him, standing up and nearly knocking the table over. She placed her palms on the table, facing him, chest heaving in anger. "Right, darling, I shall do that in my will." Putting special emphasis on the sickening pet name, Cat turned away from him, not wanting to see his stupid face. Now that the mothers left, Cat stripped of the hideous dress, throwing it in the fire. She was left standing in her pink laced bra with matching underwear, crossing her arms over her chest, looking for something to cover up in.

Him touching her face didn't bother Cat as much as the next comment did. She slapped him across the face with all of her might, and she liked the angry hand print on his cheek. "You make me sick." he was almost human until then.
Catalina Malcom
Catalina Malcom
Fifth Year Gryffindor
Fifth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregory Klein Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:44 am

Gregory prayed to Merlin that Catalina didn't actually believe their marriage would be a relationship. If they weren't able to get out of it, then it would just be a sham. The boy had no interest in actually being with her romantically. If they had to be together for their parents' sake, then so be it. He hoped she wasn't planning on falling in love with him, because that was enough to set him on edge.

"Perhaps I will if you don't shut the hell up," Gregory growled, glaring at her with daggers in his eyes. There was obviously something not right about the girl next to him. Looking at her, Gregory arched a brow when he saw red roots in the curly blonde hair. Perhaps she wasn't able to control her abilities all the time. "Why thank you love, such a good little fiance, aren't you?"

With wide blue eyes, Gregory watched as she began stripping in front of him. Dear Merlin, his mother was setting him up with a whore. What the hell was his life turning into. Shrugging off his jacket, he tossed it to her. "Dear Merlin woman, have some decency." Gregory would be seeing enough of her surprisingly satisfying body later on. He didn't know quite how he felt about that.

When she slapped him, Gregory had to stop a smirk from coming on her lips. It stung, but not enough to care. The skin was warm where she had hit it, but it didn't hurt. "Such a shame you're going to have to sleep with me then, huh lovely?"
Gregory Klein
Gregory Klein
Sixth Year Gryffindor
Sixth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top