Welcome to the Dungeons, Children. - Page 4
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Welcome to the Dungeons, Children.  - Page 4 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Welcome to the Dungeons, Children.

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Welcome to the Dungeons, Children.  - Page 4 Empty Re: Welcome to the Dungeons, Children.

Post by Theodore Rookwood Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:10 pm

It was a wonder why he even bothered with teaching but it was something that got him back into Hogwarts and that was exactly what the Death Eaters needed – eyes and ears on the students. Now, Alistair wasn’t about to make it easy for the students just because he didn’t care, truly, about whether they passed or failed. He wanted to make it a living hell for them. He wanted to make them see that the only way they would succeed would be to adhere to the rules and not to rock the boat. They weren’t the most disciplined bunch, that was for sure, and it would take time but, of course, he had time and he was most definitely going to make time for this lot – it was not a strain on his personal time. His personal time, after all, started when he returned home and that depended on when Damien wished to return there. So from dinner until goodness knows when – the boy had yet to establish a routine – Alistair had much time to himself which he intended to spend making his students crystal clear when it came to who was in charge.

He’d start with his own house.

Alistair’s eyes snapped to the sound of a feminine voice and he narrowed them at Francesca Malfoy who he immediately moved to stand in front of. He leaned over the desk, his hands curling around the sides of it and he looked at her, feigning an expression of utter fascination before cocking his head to once side. “You come from a once prosperous family, Ms. Malfoy.” He told her slowly. “I wouldn’t rock the boat, I am not one to be trifled with. You’re not like your father. You clearly do not have a sense of position or pride. You can’t survive. It’s a shame you weren’t redheaded. From your manner, if it hadn’t been for the blonde hair, I would’ve mistaken you for a Weasley.”

Rising, Alistair’s turned to look at the door. He moved to the aisle and observed the dreary Ravenclaw that wandered in through the door. Alistair made a quick show of looking at his watch before turning and returning to the front. Once there he moved himself back around to face the class and addressed Jack Kubin.

“You appear to be a young man who isn’t opposed to hard work. So you wouldn’t have a problem cleaning out the cauldrons for the next week, would you?” Alistair then added, before the boy could respond. “No, I didn’t think so. My office. Eight o’clock this evening. Well done, Mr. Kubin. First detention of the year. Do tell me if that’s a record.”

Alistair glanced over at Shylock but before he could speak, the door opened again. Then again. Oh, then again. And... what’s this? Again!

“Mr. Sanguini, Miss Krum, Mr. Bryd and Mr. Scott.” Alistair spoke coldly across the classroom. “Detention. Ask Kubin for the time after class. I expect you here tonight, on the dot.”

Thankfully, the lesson was saved by the female Hufflepuff prefect. Once she was at the front, Alistair turned and ladled some of the potion into a vial. He corked it, shook it and then uncorked it again before looking at Shylock, gesturing for the boy to come forward. He then reached for his hair, closing his fingers around a few blades before tugging, hoping to grab a few strands. The man did not apologise for this. No, he did not say a word. Instead he put the hairs in the vial, corked it and shook for a second time before uncorking it and handing it to Amelia.

“Drink it.” He instructed simply.

Shylock – Sorry for the slight godmod. :3 It kind of is but kind of isn’t at the same time. It’s a strange sort-of godmod. Apologies, though. I can edit if you like.

Amelia - I hope Susan won't mind. ;D
Theodore Rookwood
Theodore Rookwood
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Number of posts : 389

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Welcome to the Dungeons, Children.  - Page 4 Empty Re: Welcome to the Dungeons, Children.

Post by Amelia Macmillan Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:05 am

Amelia looked at the potion in her hands. She didn’t know what it was or if it would mess with her medical for her head. She was wishing she hadn’t come to Hogwarts before it healed. She had a very bad feeling about this. Her hands were started to tremble. She thought of leaving the classroom and going to the Hospital Wing to ask to be sent home. She was just a kid, she wanted to me home with her mum where she wouldn’t be ridiculed. She wondered what her parents would do if this did something to her. Would her mum really threaten or even attack anyone? She didn’t know what her mum was capable but she couldn’t imagine. She had seen her mum’s brown eyes lit up with rage before, the type of rage that you can only see in someone that has lost nearly everything.

“You do know if I get sick or die from this you’ll be facing something much scarier than law,” she whispered. She forced herself to take the potion. The room started to squish together and slurred around. She had a horrible feeling about this something was telling her this wasn’t supposed to happen. She also felt sick to her stomach.
Amelia Macmillan
Amelia Macmillan
Hufflepuff Prefect
Hufflepuff Prefect

Number of posts : 585

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Kubin Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:07 am

First detention of the year? It was indeed a new record. He didn't think it would be this fast that he got one. He was already disliking this teacher. But, he took Professor Lyons place, so he was to be treated like her. At least, until he did something unnecessarily cruel. He pulled his potions book out from his bag, setting it gently on the table, while looking intently at the scene up front.

Who was this teacher, and where was this guy all his life? He seemed unnaturally brutal to these kids, which could be a blessing and a curse. He observed the professor basically ripping out a small bit of a students hair, and dropping it into the potion. Oh, joy, Polyjuice Potion. He never worked with this before
Jack Kubin
Jack Kubin

Number of posts : 487

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Dory Le Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:41 am

Franki was addressed and she felt her pale face flourish into a deep red blossom, her eyes stinging as Professor d'Eath proved himself to be merciless and, in her opinion, heartless. To first point out the shame and fall of her family. Those who had possibly not heard of her parent's still to immeasurable prestige and fortune would surely note the condition of the once in his sentence.

But he continued on, and if he were to call her the opposite of anyone in her family, it hurt the most to be the shame of her father. The one living Malfoy that Franki had any trust and hope in, and here she was being assured that she was unworthy of being his daughter. The fight of the Malfoy rose in her and she shook, her vision blurring. Misery filled her as she felt embarrassment sink in.

And then he said the magic words, the only words that could be rightly, truly defined as Malfoy-away. "From your manner, if it hadn’t been for the blonde hair, I would’ve mistaken you for a Weasley.” Her mouth tipped open and she stared for a moment in shock and disbelief. She felt her mouth snap close as she locked eyes with the professor. The class had quieted, but Franki could not stay.

She picked her bag up and looked squarely in Alistair's eyes. "F*** you." She turned around and stormed out of the dungeons.
Dory Le
Dory Le
Fifth Year Hufflepuff
Fifth Year Hufflepuff

Number of posts : 189

Back to top Go down

Post by Elliot "Ellie" Hansen Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:32 pm

((I've just been given classes, excuse my OOC tardiness!))

Ellie had entered ahead of the rush, and had settled in the back with Judd, lying her head on the desk as her stomach settled. She had been unforgiving in her attack against the house elves' meal and she was tired as well as full. Judd kept nudging her to pay attention and each time she groaned her refusal.

The professor entered and she lazily tipped her head up, her chin resting on her hands. Her eyes flicked between the professor and who he addressed. She was intrigued by the fact that students were being fed potions. The Malfoy girl caused a scene and Ellie sat up. Wow. This professor was not one to be trifled with.
Elliot
Elliot "Ellie" Hansen

Number of posts : 92

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexandra Zamojska Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:47 pm

((Am i late??))

Alexandra was just rushing through the dungeons from Slytherin common room. Being late was not her style and she wasn't sure what time was it so she rushed just in case. Her stomach was a bit painful, probably something she ate for dinner, but she was good and supressing unpleasant things so she walked her regular pace. "Sorry if i am late Professor." she said as she stormed inside and didn't make anything out of it.

She was familiar with most of the Slytherins so she sat next to one of Malfoys. She rarely remembered names only last names and she didn't loose much time in adressing anyone either, she just shot whatever popped on her mind. In the period of 3 seconds she already got out of her bad all requirements for a potions class.
Alexandra Zamojska
Alexandra Zamojska
Third Year Gryffindor
Third Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 59
Special Abilities : Speaking to Animals

Back to top Go down

Post by Theodore Rookwood Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:03 pm

Alistair wasn’t one to care for the repercussions of any incident and though he was sure he would be hearing from both Mr. Malfoy and the former Mrs. Macmillan, he could not bring himself to care for their wrath. There was nothing particularly terrifying about the Malfoys now and women were hardly going to scare him. He would greet both with a placid, almost innocent expression, and calmly inform them that anything that had upset their little angels was the fault of the angels entirely.

Alistair decided he would leave Amelia to it, giving her a slight nudge in the direction of her seat as she morphed into something far from desirable – another Ashcroft. Alistair waved the pair away and then turned, gesturing for the Gryffindor Higurashi girl and for Jack Kubin to come to the front of the room.

“Come on. We’re all incredibly excited to see you much around. Kubin. Ladle some of that potion,” he pointed to a frothing cauldron of Amortentia, “into a vial, cork it, shake it, then hand it to Higurashi. You are, my dear, required to swallow it. And, just in case you’ve got equally as anal parents as Ms. Macmillan, you won’t die.”
Theodore Rookwood
Theodore Rookwood
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Number of posts : 389

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Star Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:21 am

Alex had approached the class, and entered it more force then needed. Causing a loud bang to occur as he opened the door, and it flew open to hit the wall. He didn't care much about the racket at all, because he had just came in late because he was dealing with students fighting in the hallway, so he had to take them to the Headmaster office to sort things out. And now he was late for his best class, potions, it was his favorite after all because of his skills with getting the right portions and not blowing up a classroom.

" Sorry, I'm late for class Mr. Alistar, had to deal with a fight between a Gryffindor and Ravenclaw over a prank. What have I missed professor "

He had heard of Alistar skills with potions, he was his Idol in that matter. One day he wanted to surpass him, and train under him one day. But his Headboy duties are always getting in the way of his school work, it was hard to be a image of peace between everyone. Now he didn't know where to sit, even Hitame was in this class and he cursed inside his head, putting on a nervous smile.
Alex Star
Alex Star
Sixth Year Slytherin
Sixth Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 326
Special Abilities : Chlorokenisis

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum