Another Year Coming - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Another Year Coming - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Another Year Coming

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Another Year Coming - Page 2 Empty Re: Another Year Coming

Post by Ellie Burgess Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:28 am

Ellie relaxed as she watched as her friend laugh hysterically. At least she found someone to accept her in life. It made her feel good. Plus all that Faith said was true, it didnt matter to some people if there were muggleborns. Also she did look up to Hermione as a role model of hers. "I guess it doesnt matter sometimes." Ellie said. "Now that you mentioned it i wish i had some sort of odd mutation, something like an extra arm. That would be handy!" She smiled and laughed so hard it made her side hurt. She hadnt laughed like that for a long time.

Remembering she had the beans beside her, she looked over to see that in her hysterics she had knocked them over. "Not again." She tried to get out in between gasps for air. "Here take some prefect, i just hope you dont get a vomit. Theyre nasty." She said with a grin on her face, and wiping away some tears that had managed to roll down her cheeks.

It really never occured to her before why she hated to tell people. It could have started when she didnt want anyone to know that she was a witch. She always felt different, but today she learned that different was considered a good thing. "Well before today I never really knew why i was so scared to have people know. But I guess when Im thinking about it, it started when i was young and the fact that my family was separated because of me. My dad didnt cope well with the news or the fact weird things happened when i was around." Giving a small smile she decided to risk some more of the beans. This time it was strawberry flavored.
Ellie Burgess
Ellie Burgess
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Number of posts : 52

Back to top Go down

Post by Faith Blackburn Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:44 am

Faith laughed along with her friend, and realized that while she hadn't known her very well last year, she was quickly getting to know her this year, and she found she liked her. Not in some creepy way, just, as a friend, she could easily see her becoming a really good friend, as they sat rolling around in the compartment laughing. When the beans fell, Nereus slid onto the floor and hopped over to one, leaning over and eating it, he immediately spit it out and flew back over towards Faith, making gagging noises.

This little stunt sent Faith into another round of laughter, but this time she actually fell off of her seat and landed between the seats, finally getting her act together, she sat up and leaned against the door, giggling and wiping her eyes, her arm around her middle as she tried to catch her breath.

Faith grinned at Ellie and shrugged. "I know how you feel, my mom ran off with some boyfriend of hers, left me alone with my dad.. He always told me she was the witch, but I guess that separation was partly my fault as well.. Couldn't handle having a daughter like me.. instead of a normal girl.. so she went off to do other things.." She said shaking her head. "My dad took care of me his whole life.. and now he's dead.. I miss him.. but apparently he did some.." Faith froze, her mouth open in mid-sentence, a frown creasing her forehead.

"ow.." She put her arm around her middle and slowly sat up in her seat, clutching her middle. "That.. was weird.." She said, looking over at Ellie and shrugging slightly. "Random pain in my lower abdomen.. hurt a lot.." She said running her hand over her middle and shrugging again. "And then it was gone.. just like that."
Faith Blackburn
Faith Blackburn
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Number of posts : 160

Back to top Go down

Post by Ellie Burgess Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:04 am

Ellie was beginning to trust Faith, they could be best friends sometime. She was surprised on how much they had in common. But when Faith stopped right in the middle of what she was saying, Ellie looked up from where she had fallen out of her seat. Seeing the the flash of pain cross Faiths face concerned her. She got back in her seat and slid the few strands of blond hair out of her face.

"Are you sure youre ok?" She asked as she watched her new friend clutch at her abdomen. "Thats weird. Why would the pain go away so quickly like that?" Ellie started to get worried, her eyebrows pursed together. She was no doctor, or nurse so she couldnt figure out the problem. "But if youre sure youre ok, i wont recommend you to go see a nurse or something." Ellie felt completely confused and didnt know what to do.
Ellie Burgess
Ellie Burgess
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Faith Blackburn Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:15 am

Faith looked at her, a confused expression on her face, but she shrugged again. "It doesn't hurt anymore.. just came up and stopped... I don't know, but it's past now.. oh well." She grinned and reached out, grabbing some bertie bots every flavor beans. She examined it carefully, looking at the odd color mix on the bean she had picked. "This one looks a little scary.. dare me to eat it?" She asked, but before Ellie could say anything, she popped it into her mouth and grinned wide. "Ooohh, I don't even know WHAT that is, but it tasted fantastic!" She grinned and let the bean sit in her mouth, enjoying the strange flavor.

Faith scooped up Nereus and sighed, glancing around the compartment. "Wow.. it's getting dark already!" She said, pointing towards the window and looking surprised. "Hey, mind if I go get my trunk real fast and bring it in here? I'll hang here for a while longer, though I'll have to run off and do prefect stuff when we get to the school." she said sighing. "I'll catch you at the feast though." Faith stood up and set Nereus on the seat beside her. "I'll be right back." she said and slid out of the compartment, leaving Nereus making small sniffling noises and squeaks after her.

After maybe five minutes, Faith was back, lugging her trunk behind her, as well as her school bag, which she hadn't been able to fit in her trunk. She pulled the trunk in like it weighed nothing, and pushed it up into the luggage rack, before turning around and sitting down, Nereus jumped into her lap and curled up there, shivering slightly. "Silly Nereus.. I was gone for like, five minutes." She giggled and looked up at Ellie. "So are you excited for school?"
Faith Blackburn
Faith Blackburn
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect

Number of posts : 160

Back to top Go down

Post by Ellie Burgess Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:47 am

Ellie had to laugh when Faith took a bertie bots bean and popped it into her mouth. They either were plain out disgusting or fabulous. Though she couldnt shrug off the fact that something happened, but she tried to make herself look as calm as she could. She ate more of the beans hoping each one she grabbed wasnt horrible. She looked out at the window when Faith made the comment that it was getting dark. Stars shone through out the horizon. It was a beautiful sight.

Ellie didnt concern herself when Faith left to ger her trunk. Instead she watched to landscape pass by. Oddly even though shes been through this before it still took her breath away. Even in the dark it was still the same experiance yet with colors of the oncoming night. It was like her to space off, and get lost in her own thoughts. It happened frequently, though it more noticible when other people were around.

Five minutes passed and Ellie was still lost in thought when Faith had entered with her trunk and bag. The sound of the door opening knocked Ellie back down to earth, she was so out of it that she was shaken when she noticed Faith. Putting her hand to her forehead she let out a sigh that hopefully no one could hear. When Faith sat back down and asked her about school, Ellie pulled herself together, "Yeah! Im really excited. Its been so long, and i miss being able to practice magic. I mean its fine reading about it and learning spells, but theres something about actually getting to use it. And what about you, you excited?" Ending her question with a smile to emphasize being excited.
Ellie Burgess
Ellie Burgess
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top