In My Office
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

In My Office Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

In My Office

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

In My Office Empty In My Office

Post by Zoe Gould Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:03 am

Zoe stared at the paperwork in front of her. It had been quite some time since she had actually gone to her office at work, and the paperwork was piling up. So Zoe had taken her weekend to sitting at the office, literally all night and all day, not moving from her desk to work on the piled up paperwork, and be there in case anyone needed to contact her at a moment's notice, though it rarely happened that anything came up with her department, at least nothing that concerned her.

The Aurors were headed by a different person, and the most she did was make sure the already caught people didn't get away. She had complete control over the dementors in the prison, and that gave her quite the control over.. well quite a lot, if she ever wanted to launch a full scale attack on someone, she had the power, but she didn't honestly care.

She kept her boring job, the one she did on a regular basis, making sure the inmates were fed somewhat, making sure the Dementors did their jobs, it was how work was like for her, and now all she could do was sit and do paperwork.
Zoe Gould
Zoe Gould

Number of posts : 152

Back to top Go down

In My Office Empty Re: In My Office

Post by Sofie Elkin Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:37 am

Sofie had learned the spell easily enough. Though dressed respectably, a quick spell had covered up the Dark Mark tattooed upon her arm. She asked for Zoe Gould's office and was directed by a man who seemed very interested in her affairs. The girl ignored him and followed his directions to find the woman Sofie had taken an interest in.

Still without a real job, Sofie had found plenty of time to do Death Eater business. Heiress to her father's fortune, she had not had major fiscal trouble yet, though she was acting frugally. However, that had given her time to compile a list of to do's, and recruiting the woman in charge of the dementors had seemed like an excellent thing to prove her worth to Aaron.

Finding out about Naomi Greyback's apparent desertion from the Death Eaters made Sofie prepared to find a way to turn the loss into profit. Imagine her glee when she discovered Zoe had a furry fetish of sorts. She approached the office door and lightly knocked upon the wood.
Sofie Elkin
Sofie Elkin
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 209

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoe Gould Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:44 am

Zoe was surprised when there was a knock on her door. Her quill froze above the parchment she was writing on, and her eyes immediately shifted to glance at the time, it was getting on in the late afternoon, a time that most people were probably gone from the building, and shortly before the time when the night watch came in, most of the building would be almost completely deserted by now, but as it was.. it was strange that someone would be knocking on her door at this time.

"Come in."

Zoe's voice rang out across her office and to the closed door, before she flicked her wand and the door opened with a soft click, revealing the woman on the other side. Zoe looked the girl over for a minute, before nodding to her and looking back down at her paperwork, flicking her wand over the parchment, it dried quickly and she rolled it up, gesturing for the woman to come in. "Have a seat, what can I do for you Miss...?" She asked, fully expecting a name in reply.
Zoe Gould
Zoe Gould

Back to top Go down

Post by Sofie Elkin Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:56 am

Sofie heard the invitation to enter and she reached out, opening the door and slipping inside, closing it behind her. She smiled politely and approached the desk. The woman greeted her and Sofie responded, "Sofia Elkin. You can call me Sofie," she added with a sweet smile, greeting Zoe the way she had greeted every new person she had met in the new country, her slight Russian accent slipping through.

She sat down, carefully folding her dress beneath her, and looked up to patiently regard the woman before her. "I must say, it is funny to see you filling out paperwork. I never meet anyone without doing my research before. It's tame work." She paused, blinking, before getting right to it, not wanting to waste either of their time. "Ms. Gould, have you ever considered an alliance with the Death Eaters?"
Sofie Elkin
Sofie Elkin
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoe Gould Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:00 am

Zoe glanced down upon her paperwork and smirked. "Tame work.. but busy work my dear." She said lightly, her eyes fixed on the polite girl in front of her. It wasn't everyday that someone so polite entered her office, sounding like she knew what she was doing, but it put Zoe on edge slightly, and her mind whirled through all the possibilities as to why she would be here. Zoe hadn't seen the woman before, in fact she had never heard of a Sofie with a slight Russian accent.

When the girl got straight to the point however, Zoe glared at her, her eyes narrowed.

"This is some sort of joke of course." She said, glancing around the room, half expecting to see some sort of indication that the Ministry was testing her. "I'm sorry my dear, but I do not have time for practical jokes.. if you have a serious question ask it, I have a lot of paperwork to do." She said lightly, reaching out to take hold of the parchment she had put away just seconds before.
Zoe Gould
Zoe Gould

Back to top Go down

Post by Sofie Elkin Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:10 am

Sofie smiled at Zoe's accusation but let her speak. "Ms. Gould I know you would have no reason to know this, as we are but strangers, but I rarely joke. The common joke can be vulgar, and the truth is much sweeter." She could see Zoe was much more of a see-it-to-believe-it sort of woman so Sofie decided to prove it.

She took out her wand and pressed it against her arm. What looked like layer of skin burned off her arm into dust and turned to air, revealing the Dark Mark beneath it. Her large eyes reached Zoe's and she said, "I am being completely truthful with you, Ms Gould. Don't feel the need to lie to me."
Sofie Elkin
Sofie Elkin
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoe Gould Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:13 am

Zoe lifted her gaze to look at the woman's arm, and slowly her hand lowered to her lap, her eyes glued on the woman in front of her. She knew for a fact that any dealings with Death Eaters could spell the end of a career, but at the same time, Zoe had always liked power when it was given to her, and since she had quite a bit already, she could feel her greed rising within her.

Zoe stared at the Dark Mark for a moment longer, before looking up at the woman. She was in a dangerous position now, now that it was clear that this woman was indeed someone who held a position with the Death Eaters.. well, that was something that Zoe had to be extremely careful around. "What is it you want with me Miss Elkin?" Zoe asked, automatically assuming she was in trouble with people she had only on an occasional basis ever dealt with, she didn't know how they worked, but she knew that things could either go very bad for her, or very good for her if she did dealings with Death Eaters.
Zoe Gould
Zoe Gould

Back to top Go down

Post by Sofie Elkin Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:43 am

The air was incredibly tense, Sofie could feel it. She tried to defuse the tension with a small smile, before Zoe got right into it. Good. Sofie was not a time waster. She wanted to propel herself in Aaron's eyes. She did not need to be the front runner of the Death Eaters, but she wanted to see its success so when she took up the reign in Russia, she would have power at her disposal.

"Your talents. As I said, it seems to be so unbecoming of you, forced into paperwork and filing. I know you have your own side interests and I think your success could translate well with some of our needs. I also have word on a rogue werewolf that needs handling. I think we have the resources and support you need. And you have the dementors," she added, with an ironic smile.
Sofie Elkin
Sofie Elkin
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoe Gould Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:07 am

Zoe watched the woman's face, she could almost feel the tension in the air. If this was true.. the Death Eaters were contacting her... who knew what that could spell for Zoe, if it was the case, well, she had to be careful. Zoe carefully placed her hands on her desk in front of her, and leaned forwards lightly, her eyes glued to the woman, nodding carefully. "What exactly will I be required to do to get this.. support.. and information about the werewolf?"

Zoe knew this was dangerous, especially talking about what they were talking about. In the place they were talking about, it was very dangerous. "And is there any way we can.. reschedule this meeting to some time that's not while I'm at work?" She asked, sitting up straighter as a memo came flying into the room and landed lightly on her desk. She opened it up and looked at it, her body tense, before setting it down, visibly relaxing, as she put it into a pile of paperwork to be finished.

"What is your proposition then?"
Zoe Gould
Zoe Gould

Back to top Go down

Post by Sofie Elkin Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:21 am

Sofie listened to all of Zoe's concerns, understanding all of her worries. When you weren't born into it, the Death Eaters seemed like more trouble than they were worth. Sofie could be patient- had she not earned the trust of Hitame Higurashi, the girl terrified and biased against all Death Eaters? Zoe just needed opportunities, and Sofie was sure the woman would be worth it.

"Support and information comes with the tattoo." She smiled. "Yes, it means enlisting with is. I understand that's a big decision, so I don't expect an answer soon. If you would like to reschedule, I can arrange that easily. My proposition is simple- you meet with my boss and we work out a deal."
Sofie Elkin
Sofie Elkin
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top