Green and feeling ill
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Green and feeling ill Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Green and feeling ill

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Green and feeling ill Empty Green and feeling ill

Post by Rhys O'Neill Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:24 pm

It had hit Rhys badly. Whatever the hell this thing was. Her entire body was covered in a weird green color, she itched like crazy, and she felt like her head was going to explode. She was here for that anti-itching potion, but she could barely stand anymore, her body felt so heavy all the time. The itch had hit her fast and hard, and she had no idea why. She was afraid of even touching her wand in case she set something on fire, she couldn't go in muggle public because of the bright emerald green her skin was.

Rhys's normal attitude was dashed, she dragged her feet into the lobby, and stood staring at the wall blankly, too numb to even get the energy to look around the room. Her stomach was turning unusually, and she was feeling weak. It had been days since she had even been out of bed, but it was worse now... and she wondered if she should talk to the healers or something. She knew this stuff was likely to do worse then just make her ill, but she wasn't sure just how bad.

Once at the counter, Rhys looked at the woman, her eyes glazed over slightly, opened her mouth to speak, and suddenly.. everything went black, for Rhys had fainted.
Rhys O'Neill
Rhys O'Neill
Fifth Year Gryffindor
Fifth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 167

Back to top Go down

Green and feeling ill Empty Re: Green and feeling ill

Post by Freyja Podmore Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:47 pm

Yumi had been in St. Mungo's since early that morning, busy with all the cases of the illness going around. It amazed her how many people were being affected by it and at certain times she wondered if she would get infected too, but so far it didn't seem like many people past the pureblood status were being affected. There were few halfbloods and no muggleborns that had been affected but anything was possible.

She had just walked back into the lobby of the hospital from attending a third year boy who was feeling very ill from the sickness. She'd gotten him stable enough to be left alone, but she made sure another nurse stayed in there with him in case he needed something or something went wrong. She heard a surprised scream from from the counter and she turned her head to find the receptionist looking at the floor.

Yumi looked down and gasped when she saw a young girl fainted on the floor. She rushed over to her and looked at the receptionist. "Don't just stand there! Get someone to bring a stretcher!" she ordered. The receptionist nodded quickly and went in search of a stretcher. Yumi turned her attention back toward the girl and she placed her hand on her forehead. The girl had a really bad fever and she pulled out her wand. "Gelu." she said softly and calmly with her wand pointed at the girl. Hopefully that would reduce her fever some.

The receptionist came back a few moments later with the stretcher and she helped Yumi get the girl on the stretcher. "Notify a healer quickly." she said just as she began to take the girl to an empty room. The receptionist nodded and then quickly disappeared from sight. When she settled the girl onto the bed in the vacant room, she debated for a moment on whether or not she should bring the girl back to consciousness. She didn't want her to be in anymore pain than she should. But she needed to have her awake.

With a small sigh, Yumi pointed her wand at the girl again and said, "Rennervate."
Freyja Podmore
Sixth Year Gryffindor
Sixth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 574

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhys O'Neill Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:29 am

Rhys was awoken abruptly by the woman who had her laying on the bed. "What.. what happened?" She asked blearily, her eyes trying to focus on the room around her, her eye landing finally on the woman who had woken her up. "Did.. I faint?" She asked, sitting up carefully, her eyes squinting at the light in the room. The itch had taken over her entire body, staining her from head to toe in it's bright emerald green coloring. Her cheeks were flushed a darker green, showing her fever, which had only gone down slightly after the spell that had been placed on her.

"I'm sorry.. I.. I only came for more itching potion.. I guess I.. haven't been been sleeping well at all.." She said running her hand across her forehead and glancing around the room again, half putting a leg off the bed. "I shouldn't bother you.. parents will get worried.. I just came for potion.." She stepped down and immediately got dizzy again, falling back onto the bed and laying her head down on the pillow.

"Or I could.. rest here for a second.. that works too.." She said softly, her eyes blinking a lot more than normal, warding off sleep that threatened to take over her. "Wow.. it's bright in here.." she said slowly, her eyes adjusting to look at the woman again, not sure exactly what she should do, she felt so tired, but it felt so weird to be laying in the bed, fully clothed, her shoes still on even. "I don't mean to cause trouble.." she said blinking a few more times before letting her eyes close, still awake, but unable to keep them open anymore.
Rhys O'Neill
Rhys O'Neill
Fifth Year Gryffindor
Fifth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Ally Nott Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:17 am

(( I hope you don't mind if I post as Arabella would use Soph but I have to use Ara some!))

It been a crazy week at St. Mungo's for Arabella and the other healers and nurses due to the sickness getting worse. Arabella begin to wonder when the cure for this horible sickness would be over. There were so many people dying from it Arabella lost count of how many died. All she knew, it wasn't good and they needed to get the cure quick before more people died. Taking a sip of her mocha Arabella walked up to the receptionist desk as she was handed a new file.

Taking a glance at the file she sighed seeing that it was another patient that was sick because of the sickness. Knowing Sophia and Khaat had their hand filled with other cases Arabella decided to take this one. Walking into the patient room Arabella seen Yumi and smiled at her. "Thankyou Yumi, you did a job well done I'll take it from here but your welcome to stay if you like."said Arabella softly. "Hello Rhys, I'm healer Arabella Granger, but just call me Arabella."said Arabella.

"I need you to tell me, is there anything on your body that's hurting you more then usual?"Arabella asked her softly. Arabella knew people had different pain everywhere so she had to ask. She knew Rhys would probably looked at her like she was stupid and tell her she was the healer she was suppose to know. She wasn't as good as Khaat or her twin sister Sophia was but she hoped to get there soon.
Ally Nott
Ally Nott
Fifth Year Ravenclaw
Fifth Year Ravenclaw

Number of posts : 152

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhys O'Neill Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:46 am

Rhys squinted blearily at the woman who walked into the room, her eyes watering slightly. She sure was a sight though, she had been unlucky when the green color spread across her body, because it had spread fast, and it had spread everywhere. Every spot of visible skin was the emerald green color of the sickness, and it was quite obvious that it spread to below her clothes as well.

"Erm... sorry.. um.." Rhys mumbled, trying hard to focus again, sniffing heavily and putting her arms over her eyes so as to block out the horrible light. "I um.. I got a headache.. and I'm kinda.. achy... everywhere.. it feels like the worst flu of my life.." She said, her voice soft and she had to stop speaking every so often to take a bigger breath, like her nose was clogged or something.

"It just hurts everywhere.. I don't know.." She felt absolutely miserable, and literally just wanted to lay down and sleep for days. "I don't even know what happened.. I was just.. getting some itching potions... cause it itches.. really bad.. and... and.. I just blacked out, I don't even know." Rhys said, her words mumbled and hard to understand, her arm still over her head, resting back completely on the bed she had been placed upon.
Rhys O'Neill
Rhys O'Neill
Fifth Year Gryffindor
Fifth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Ally Nott Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:12 pm

Arabella nodded knowing how she felt for she felt the same way she did not to long ago. It was sad that everyone who had this sickness was walking around with a itchy green rash all over them. Arabella was still sick, but she wasn't as bad as the patient that she seen around here.

"Don't worry Rhys, we'll get you healed in one time at all."said Arabella giving her a comforting smile. "subsisto poena!"said Arabella pointing her wand at Rhys hoping to reduce the pain she was having all over her body. "There that should help you with the pain."said Arabella softly. "subsisto aegrotatio!"said Arabella trying to heal the sickness as much as she could without giving her a shot.

"Rhys I'm going to give you a shot so that the medience will go into your system to help you but I must mind you."said Arabella softly. "I think it's best if we bind you that way you can't feel it, I must warn you it's quite painful seeing how your hurting."said Arabella softly. "Petrificus Totalus."said Arabella pointing her wand once again at Ryhs hoping to bind her vody.
Ally Nott
Ally Nott
Fifth Year Ravenclaw
Fifth Year Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhys O'Neill Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:50 pm

She heard the spells, she heard the woman speak, but she wasn't paying much attention, there was a strange rushing sound in her ears, like water on a beach, the surf was calling out, and she could almost hear the gulls as they cawed, they overlapped what she said, and it all made very little sense to Rhys. It wasn't until the pain subsided and the itch reduced that she realized the healer was already working on her.

Rhys slowly rested her hands down by her sides and felt her body stiffen and she couldn't move. Her jaw shut tight, her eyes blinking rapidly. She hated this spell, but if it helped the healer do her job and make her better.. well she could handle that. Her body still ached, and she still itched quite a bit, but it was like someone had dulled her senses, made everything funny, the room was spinning slightly, and she knew she had a fever. "Please make this fast.."
Rhys O'Neill
Rhys O'Neill
Fifth Year Gryffindor
Fifth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Ally Nott Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:45 pm

To many people were dying cause of this horrible sickness that was going around, two students that she knows of already died of it. How long would it before hundreds of pople die before they find the cure? Trying to remian calm Arabella walked to the cabinet and gotten the medience out of the cabinet with a flick of her wand before locking it back. Opening the drawer she gotten a needle and opened it and filled the needle with medience. Walking back over towards Ryhs she cleaned her arm and injusted the needle into her arm.

Throwing the needle in the red bin that was was for bad needles she gotten her wand out of her healer robes again and lifted the blinding curse off her. "Yumi, can you get me some more pain potions please?"Arabella asked her softly. "Rhys you need to take these potions every two hours or as needed for pain."said Arabella softly. Although spell for pain help but they tend to wear off faster then the potions do. Deciding to both that way she won't feel as much pain. Although she knew she would feel some pain, Arabella been through this as well.
Ally Nott
Ally Nott
Fifth Year Ravenclaw
Fifth Year Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhys O'Neill Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:01 pm

Rhys knew something was wrong the minute she injected something into her arm. The room was spinning faster, and it felt like everything was rocking back and forth. She tried to groan but couldn't, her jaw shut tight with the binding spell. Once it was taken off though, her whole body began to shake, her breaths came in gasps, and she nearly fell off the bed, she was shaking so hard. The woman seemed preoccupied with something else, but Rhys started to make gagging noises, trying to let her know something was wrong, something was really wrong.

Her vision was starting to go white, and Rhys lay on the bed, shivering hard, her mouth open wide in an almost shocked look, her chest heaving as she tried to get in air that just wouldn't supply her brain. The bed she was laying on was shaking slightly, probably an effect from her magic going nuts, and the lights on the ceiling kept going brighter and dimmer the more she shook. "Make it stop! Please.. just make it stop!"
Rhys O'Neill
Rhys O'Neill
Fifth Year Gryffindor
Fifth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Ally Nott Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:08 pm

Arabella gasped as the girl started jerking around the place. "Oh dear!"said Arabella as she gotten out her wand and pointed it at her. "Subsisto!"said Arabella as she spell shot towards the girl. "It's ok Ryhs, everything going to be ok I promise."said Arabella softly but in a comforting voice. Arabella hoped she could make this girl better, she wasn't as good as Sophia or Khaat was but she going to try. She had to help this girl get better, ot only because it was her job but she didn't deserve to die. No did, but it just happened no matter how hard to try to prevent it.
Ally Nott
Ally Nott
Fifth Year Ravenclaw
Fifth Year Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top