Yes, Quite Happily We Go
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Yes, Quite Happily We Go Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Yes, Quite Happily We Go

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Yes, Quite Happily We Go Empty Yes, Quite Happily We Go

Post by Elliot "Ellie" Hansen Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:59 am

Ellie stepped out of her house and looked around, the promise and opportunities practically tangible in the warm air. She finished adjusting her hat and, on second thought, took her guitar from its leaning position on the interior wall and pulled the strap over her dress and blinked. Oh, how happily she could scamper off into the world. She felt merry. It was time to share this; she and her friends ought to go on an adventure.

She turned and walked down the street first to Judd’s, because his house was closer to her own. No sooner had she knocked on the door than it flew open to reveal Lesli, Judd’s snotty little sister. “Judd’s not here,” Lesli chided. “He went out to find a job. You know. A job. Something all you losers should invest in.” Ellie rolled her eyes and said, “Well, tell your ‘loser’ brother to stop by my house when I get home okay?” Lesli hummed in agreement, still sneering. She smirked down at Ellie’s dress and said, “Your dress is ugly. Tell Foster I said hi.” At Foster’s name, Lesli’s face lightened considerably. Unable to face Ellie, she wheeled inside, slamming the door.

“Trollop,” Ellie stated plainly, thinking it was absolutely disgusting, Lesli’s continuous crush on Foster when she treated Judd and herself like they were scum all of the time. What was so special about Foster anyway?! Ellie was determined not to let one little tart ruin her happiness, however. With an air of decision to pursue her merriment, she turned and pulled the guitar up. She raised her head and marched a few houses down to Foster’s house.

She reached his door and knocked, double as hard. “Fos-ter!” she sang out as she banged harder.
Elliot
Elliot "Ellie" Hansen

Number of posts : 92

Back to top Go down

Yes, Quite Happily We Go Empty Re: Yes, Quite Happily We Go

Post by Dylan M. Davies Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:12 pm

Foster had barely rolled out of bed as his younger brother, Kyle, called his name from downstairs. His vision was still blurred and he'd barely gotten dressed as he called back to the younger boy. He strechted himself out and sighed as he finally made it out of his room fully clothed and a little less groggy. It was like this every morning for Foster, someone always had to get him to roll out of bed, and it was usually Kyle's job when he was home.

After a quick visit to the bathroom and a quick splash of water in his face, he was good to go and fully awkae. But to make sure, he gave himself a little slap and shook his head, before smiling into the mirror. Yep, he was awake. He laughed softly and ran down the stairs to where his parents and brother were in the kitchen. His mother had begun off on something about him finding a job, which he didn't listen too when he heard knoecking on the door.

Before he could get up to answer it, Kyle ran off to the door. He heard his name as his brother ran to the door and he got up but stood in the kitchen. Kyle came back a few minutes afterwards. "It's that girl you and Judd hang out with, Ellie?" he said and Foster nodded. "Gotta go mum." he said quickly before he took off in the same manner Kyle had toward the door. He'd never been happier to see Ellie in his life, than when his mother was off on a lame speech about something.

"Hey Ellie." he breathed as he got to the door and closed it a bit behind him.
Dylan M. Davies
Sixth Year Ravenclaw
Sixth Year Ravenclaw

Number of posts : 209

Back to top Go down

Post by Elliot "Ellie" Hansen Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:26 pm

There was her recluse! She reached out and shoved his shoulder saying, "Wake up! We're going on an adventure!" The door was closing behind him and she could see Kyle staring at them. She scrunched her face and, in a nasally voice, said, "HI KYLE." Foster's mom strolled by and Ellie straightened up and waved, beaming as she said, "Hi Mrs. M!" And then the door closed behind her friend, closing her off from continuing to embarrass him by being that one weird friend that tried to become a part of the family. One of her favorite pastimes was inviting herself to dinner when Foster wasn't home so when he returned, she was sitting at his place at the table.

Oh, she had her fun.

She looked back at Foster and said, "Judd is off in the big, bad world looking for a big, bad J-O-B so I am stuck getting my kicks with you. I would like to go on an adventure. The aspects of the adventure I would like to include, but are not limited too: candy, a waterfall, a French missionary, a bison, a music festival, or a combination of all of those. So. Where are we going?" She stared at him, waiting for him to decide.
Elliot
Elliot "Ellie" Hansen

Back to top Go down

Post by Dylan M. Davies Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:01 pm

"An adventure?" Foster echoed Ellie as he looked at her. An adventure with Ellie? Oh fun, fun. Foster sighed and stiffened a little as she started acting weird with his brother and mother. She always did weird things that embarrassed him, but he figured he would have to suck it up and let her do it, cause she obviously wasn't ling to stop anytime soon. "Stop it!" he said, as the door closed. "Do you always have to be so weird around them?" he didn't mind it so much around Kyle, as he thought it funny when his brother got confused by something she did. But his mom ... that was a different story.

So ... Judd was looking for a job huh? Well, that would explain why his mom was going off about it to him. She must've already known about it and wanted him to go with Judd to look for one too, but he'd slept in too late and missed him. He chuckled softly at the thought. "Well, nice to know I'm your second choice." he rolled his eyes at her and listened to what she said. "Whoa, whoa, whoa. Wait. A bison? A French missionary? What?" he asked her, raising an eyebrow. Yeah ... this would be fun. He rolled his eyes again and sighed. "How about just the music festival?" he asked.
Dylan M. Davies
Sixth Year Ravenclaw
Sixth Year Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Elliot "Ellie" Hansen Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:32 pm

On a normal day, Foster spent most of Ellie's time questioning the outrageous things that burbled out of her loud mouth. Ellie was used to it at home, and she was used to it amongst friends. Judd usually laughed or did not question it, but her quiet friend Foster always managed to find his voice to be able to argue whatever Ellie had claimed.

He did not seem able to comprehend her proposed plans for their adventure, but he fixed on the music festival and suggested that. Ellie brightened, leaning on her tiptoes happily. "Yeah?! The music festival? Really? OKAY!" She grinned in silence for a few seconds, the smile stuck on her face like superglue as she rocked on her heels. "So, where is it?" She had proposed the idea without knowledge of such a place anywhere near them.
Elliot
Elliot "Ellie" Hansen

Back to top Go down

Post by Dylan M. Davies Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:19 am

Foster gave an aggravated sigh and shook his head. "Are you serious Ellie?" he said. "You proposed it and you don't even know where one is?!" he scratched his head in frustration and exhaled hard as he looked up at the sky. How was it that she could get him annoyed with the simplest of things? She must be doing something on purpose to get him so aggravated.

"Well, guess we have to go somewhere else." he said. "I don't think there's a music festival anywhere near us right now." he said and looked around. What else could they do? He closed his eyes in thought and lowered his head. "Walk around in the woods? Pretend it's like the Forest at school? There's bound to be something weird in there that could entertain us." he said. "Or maybe I could just lose you in there." he muttered under his breath.
Dylan M. Davies
Sixth Year Ravenclaw
Sixth Year Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Elliot "Ellie" Hansen Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:46 am

Ellie shrugged at his words, throwing her hands up defensively. "It was merely a suggestion, Mr Murison, there is no reason to get snippy. By that logic, that must have meant you assumed I also knew where to find bison or a French missionary, so if anyone here had earned reason to be scoffed at, I sincerely doubt that the title falls upon MY shoulders." She crossed her arms impressively.

Well reasoned.

He continued on, closing his eyes to think. She began to hum the old tune from that muggle show Jeopardy to aide his thought process. He suggested the woods before muttering something else and her eyes narrowed. "Don't mutter, it makes you appear snide. People who appear snide end up being villains. And villains are destroyed my vivacious redheaded heroes that utilize the powers of music and word to take them down. So mutter wisely." Her eyes flashed and she gripped his arm. "Apparate us there, then."
Elliot
Elliot "Ellie" Hansen

Back to top Go down

Post by Dylan M. Davies Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:49 pm

"Never." he muttered. He could never win with her. Every time, Ellie always had to win. That really annoyed him, yet he always got over it. No big deal, he repeated that in his head and sighed. "Fine. You're right. I should've thought that through." he said, raising his hands defensively. He made a weird face and rolled his eyes at her, as his gaze returned to the ground.

What she said next, got a little laugh out of him and he shook his head. "You're weird Ellie. And I guess I won't mutter anymore." he told her, smiling. Around you. he cleared his throat, and sighed again as she gripped his arm. "Fine." he said. "Ready?" he asked her, and then he apparated them to the forest with a pop. When they were there, he blinked a couple of times and shook his head, then looked out at all the trees in front of them.

[OOC: Sorry, kinda had a muse fail.]
Dylan M. Davies
Sixth Year Ravenclaw
Sixth Year Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Elliot "Ellie" Hansen Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:03 am

Ah, how sweet victory was! A real smile unfurled on her face, not the one where her nose crinkled and the devil laughed through her eyes. Not the one that reached far up and her eyes flattened out, her fake sweet smile. The one where it spread wide, her lips parting to show her teeth and her face shining a little bit. This is why she was friends with Foster. He was a goof ball, and sometimes useless, but she could not help but adore the boy.

He apparated the two of them and she stumbled, releasing him and looking around. She wiped her hands expactantly. "Which forest are we in exactly?"

((me too haha))
Elliot
Elliot "Ellie" Hansen

Back to top Go down

Post by Dylan M. Davies Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:47 pm

Out of the three of them, Ellie was the weirdest one. Well, in Foster's view she was. No matter how weird everyone though he or Judd were, Ellie always had them beat, she always did something that made him admit she was weird. And that was saying something coming from him. Still, she did understand him as did Judd and that was why they were all friends. They always had a good time together.

Looking around, Foster crossed his arms and looked at Ellie. "Hm ... Forest of Dean." he said, almost as though he wasn't sure for a moment. Shaking his head, he pointed to the trees where there was a sort of path forming. "Shall we?" he asked her.
Dylan M. Davies
Sixth Year Ravenclaw
Sixth Year Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top