Escape - Page 3
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Escape - Page 3 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Escape

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Escape - Page 3 Empty Re: Escape

Post by Matthew Lestrange Fri May 18, 2012 11:32 pm

Matt bit his bottom lip in thought and grinned. "Well I'm sure you could take a short break then!" he told her. He stood up and walked over to the coffee pot to poor himself some more. When his mug was fairly full he began to drink it. After a few seconds of sipping he smacked his lips and looked at Jack again. "Well, I think you need a bit of a break. In my opinion a short break is better than not at all." he smiled at her. "I'll take you out, of course I'll need to change first. But I'm going to buy you dinner" he told her.

"Consider it, 'thank you' for saving my life." he told her. "And if you wouldn't mind I'd enjoy keeping this robe." he said as he felt the robe. It was so soft and felt really warm .

Seventh Year Slytherin
Seventh Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 6872

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Mon May 21, 2012 3:03 am

Jack grinned. "Sometimes I take breaks. I back away from the full sized dragon, and take a break by feeding the baby dragons." She smirked, unafraid (as always) to laugh at her own jokes. Of course, a joke is not really a joke if it is not far from the truth. Then again, is work really work if you enjoyed it and would do it regardless of whether or not someone paid you for it?

He offered to take her out to dinner and she shook her head, saying, "No, no. I have a lot going on, besides, dinner break isn't until five for me and if you would look at the clock you would see that it is-" She turned the cvlock and a red, digital 7:14 blinked at her. She stopped the words in her mouth. "Ah. Well, then, I guess I might be able to eat, even with all of this foot in my mouth." She smirked and said, "I have to warn you. I eat like the creatures I work with. And keep the robe. I have tons."
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 10287
Special Abilities : Occlumency
Occupation : Unspeakable | Beater for the Falmouth Falcons | Deed-Holder of Satan's

https://jackles-feels-feelings.polyvore.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Matthew Lestrange Tue May 22, 2012 11:44 pm

Matt smiled when she accepted his invitation to dinner. "Excellent!" he said getting up from the chair. There was only one problem, he was in a robe. Of course he had money he could withdraw from a muggle bank and pay but he needed clothes. "Oh, you don't mind if we stop so I can change first do you? I think I may need an entirely new wardrobe." he muttered as he looked down at himself. Underneath the robe he was wearing a torn up old tuxedo full of blood and sweat stains. He sighed and looked at her giving a small giggle. "Althought I wouldn't be surprised if you didn't want to go out with...this" he gestured to himself with a cheeky grin on his face.

He could always return and pick her up or they could meet somewhere. Although he was never great with fashion he might enjoy a woman's eye to help him out. He kind of wanted to buy a suit, he had never actually worn a suit before. He figured it might be a nice adventure, but he would never abandon his converse sneakers. Oh, and a nice jacket, he needed a nice jacket even thought winter was over. Just a simple brown one, maybe ankle length or something. I'm just rambling now so it looks like this post is bigger than what it actually is. I wonder if you're going to read it all or skim over this part? Who really knows, but look at me breaking the fourth wall! I love doing that-oh it's beginning to storm, I love storms. Do you Jackles?

Seventh Year Slytherin
Seventh Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Wed May 23, 2012 10:48 pm

Her companion stood and Jack ate one last brownie before waving her wand so that her office could rearrange itself and get back into order. Thank Merlin for cleaning charms. Jack was not an expert at them, sure, but it got the job done for her. Matt spoke and she said, "Sure, that's fine." He said she probably would not want to be seen with him and indicated his clothes and she chuckled. "Trust me. I already have a strange habit of getting strange looks. Rest assured."

"There's a small thrift store down the street. It is a muggle store but it's cheap if you wanted to head over there before we get some grub." She shrugged and grabbed her jacket, pulling it over her shoulders. Ah, so we have been reduced to this again? Flubbing our way through posts. Ten points to and admin or moderator who catches us. Jack motioned to the door. And I do like storms, by the way.
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Occupation : Unspeakable | Beater for the Falmouth Falcons | Deed-Holder of Satan's

Back to top Go down

Post by Matthew Lestrange Wed May 30, 2012 2:41 am

"Excellent! Then off we go!" and Matt pulled out his wand without even realizing that he had told her he didn't have it an apparated. Not long after he appeared in the back alley of a string of shops he heard a pop and Jack was standing next to him. He smiled at her and they both walked toward the shop that Jack had told him about. Not even realizing he didn't have any money.

The shopkeeper gave them both a rather odd look. He nodded to him, "Good evening." he said to him. And Matt began to shuffle through racks and piles of clothes. "What do you recommend?" he called to Jack as he had made his way a fair distance through the store. "I've never had a taste for fashion myself. At least I don't think, barely remember some things from my past." he told her. He came across a fairly nice suit, sure it was kind of wrinkled but he liked it.

"What do you think?" he asked her, as he walked over to her and put the top and bottoms on front of him to match up with his body.

Seventh Year Slytherin
Seventh Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Wed May 30, 2012 3:36 am

Jack apparated a second after Matt and when she appeared she took a step forward and looked about, trying to figure out which direction they were to be heading off in. She spotted the shop that waited just down the street and pointed at it. She and Matt began towards it in comfortable silence. Not much to say on the thirty second journey across and down the street really.

They entered the shop and Matt walked forward, immediately plunging into the dozens of rows of racks full of mismatched clothes. Jack always felt at ease in thrift stores. All of the craziness and lack of coordination greatly appealed to her. She smiled at the owner, who was also the only clerk, a cranky old man named Jonah who Jack was always amused by. She strolled over to the counter and grabbed one of the candies that he held in a dish as well as a business card- Jack had a habit of taking free things like that. Jonah lightly smacked her hand, saying, "Think you have enough of the cards, huh?!" She held her hand with a fake hurt look and said, "Wow. That was cold."

She heard a meow and the store's resident cat, Skipper, strode forward. Jack scooped up the tabby and shot Jonah a fake scathing look and went off after Matt. His words reached her and she shrugged, calling "I dunno. Something that fits? Clothes are clothes." The words 'Jack' and 'fashion' only appeared in sentences when they were accompanied by 'does not have a sense in.' He appeared in front of her and she shrugged. "If it fits, we're in business."

Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Matthew Lestrange Wed May 30, 2012 3:48 am

Matt smiled at her and then he looked at the shopkeeper. "You have a changing room anywhere?" he asked him as he moved up to the counter. Wait, he probably needed shoes too. "Oh, if you could pick out a pair of sneakers or something for me. Let's try....size 12." he told her. "Big feet." and he took off after the shopkeeper who was leading him towards some changing rooms. He admired the suit when he entered the room. It was brown, a pinstripe suit. He had never warn anything like it but he figured he may as well try some variety with this new face. And within five minutes he had it on, admiring himself in the mirror. He noticed his butt had a better shape then before. "Nice," he said to himself.

Leaving the changing room he walked over to the shopkeeper who was back behind the counter. "Thanks," he said to him. "Is it alright if I wear it outside? I've got nothing else." he asked the shop. He eyed the cat that accompanied him, it back up, tail raised. He half expected it to hiss at him. The man grumbled a simple "Whatever" and he smiled triumphantly. "How goes the shoe search?" he asked Jack.

Seventh Year Slytherin
Seventh Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Wed May 30, 2012 3:58 am

Jack watched Matt retreat into the changing rooms and she turned around, yawning. She reached out and touched a few things, pulling a shocking orange cardigan with purple puff balls all over it and draping it over her shoulder. She looked up at Jonah and said, "You like?" He stared at her disastefully and she smirked. "No?" He just stared. She sighed. "Smile, Jonah. Your face will freeze that way."

Matt asked about shoes and Jack released Skipper and strode over to a bin and began rooting around through it. She picked up the first non-terrifying pair of twelves she could find, just in time for Matt's reapparance. She nodded. "Spiffy." She tossed him the shoes. "Try those."
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Matthew Lestrange Wed May 30, 2012 4:07 am

Matt caught the shoes and looked down at them. Not bad he thought to himself as he sat down on a bench to put them on. He had never really been too fond of sneakers but all of a sudden he wanted them. They weren't too bad, and they did fit him. He wiggled his toes as they entered the shoe and looked up at Jack. "Well Jack, I must say your taste in shoes isn't bad." he told her as he stood up. He began to walk around the store as to wear in the shoes. Even though they were already worn in he wanted to explore the store. You never know what you could find in a thrift store. Who knows, maybe he could find some ancient muggle artifact of clothing and end up making a bunch of money off it.

He stopped outside of a bin labeled "75% off" he figured he'd look around for something cheap but cool looking. Perhaps a bow tie? No, bow ties were lame. But then he spotted something twice as lame and he HAD to have it. A pair of 3D glasses, one lens red and on lens blue. He grinned as he picked them up and looked at Jack. "A little retro, I like it." he smiled at her. Then it hit him, he was broke. His smile faded and he walked quickly to Jack. "Listen, I'm a little short...think you could get me for this one? I can stop by a teller right after this and pay you back!" he told her.

Seventh Year Slytherin
Seventh Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:12 pm

Matt tried them on and complimented her for her taste in shoes, but she shrugged, tugging on the sleeve to a spiffy blazer. "My taste in shoes was the first non-moldy pair in your size." She smirked over at him. "So, thank you." He began to walk around and Jack dropped the sleeve of the blazer and began following him absently, pretending briefly to be a baby duck following mama duck. Okay, Jack had not been out in quite a long time.

He stopped but Jack had been watching her feet and when she looked up, she barely had enough time to back pedal to keep her from slamming into Matt and knocking him over. She dove towards a rack to create room and then circled around to look into the bin. He straightened up and she nodded, saying "I approve." He asked about money and she said, "Sure thing." She reached into her wallet and pulled out some muggle money and handed it to him- she always had some on her since she often strayed into her birth world of the nonmagical.
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top