Stay - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Stay - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Stay

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Stay - Page 2 Empty Re: Stay

Post by Calvin S. Ransom Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:14 am

The world had become nonexistent to Calvin as he’d allowed his soul to slide from his eyes and on to the floor upon which he laid, hopeless and without thought of anything other than a child who had died far younger than could ever be made right. “I’m sorry…” he whispered with the agonized tone of a father who had lost his only child. There may never have been a biological tie between Katie and Calvin, but when Calvin grew to love someone, it was not often that that affection could be hindered by such truths. With such power did he care for all those close to him, that it was a wonder that his selfless love alone had no true effect – or rather, had no effect in protecting them from the harm that seemed to follow Chase’s family like a magnetic storm. “Please, come back,” he begged with a sloppy sniffle, and he fell flat, defeated.

His ears went unhearing as Chase murmured consoling words against the side of his face and held him near. While her proximity had, not long ago, held the capability of bringing him to his knees, it seemed he could no longer be phased by such innocent, joyous things. His mind had been too severely overtaken by the murder that he had witnessed; the murder of a child.

Chase’s abrupt departed had not gone unnoticed as her attempt to comfort him had, however. Nay; at once the subtraction of the warmth, and the soft sound of her thudding heart drew forth from Calvin a fear of loneliness. He pulled himself up from the floor quickly, and with the pleading eyes of a new-born puppy, lost in the world to which he’d been born, Calvin searched for his wife. Upon spying her he outstretched his right arm and sniffled once more, “Chase?” He asked pitifully, as though he believed that she intended to never again return as a result of his behavior. “I didn’t mean to – I’m sorry,” He apologized for what felt the hundredth time that afternoon, but there was a sense of lucidity to his words this time, as though he had been awoken from his stupor, if only for the time that it took to ask Chase to remain with him, and to protect him from the monsters.

But the healer who had stepped into the room seemed to have stolen Chase’s attention. She held her hands, folded in a nervous manner behind her back as she watched Chase approach her. The healer began in a gentle tone, addressing first the question that she had been asked: “I will send someone in to administer Mr. Ransom his routine sedatives. I apologize that he was not yet given them; it is well passed the time of day at which he usually receives them, but I assumed that you wished to speak with him before hand.” She glanced downward for a moment to gather her bearings before beginning again, this time with the news which she had been sent to relay to Chase. “I’m afraid I have terrible news, but my telling you of what has happened could not be delayed, as Mr. Ransom is very much involved. It has been reported that a Ms. Nerissa Hatts was found dead earlier this morning in Knockturn Alley. The coroners have not yet sent in their report, but it appears to have been a murder. I am very sorry, ma’am. You have my deepest sympathies – but, because of Mr. Ransom’s relations with Nerissa, it is routine that we inform him. I felt that you should be the one to decide how he learns of the tragedy,” she spoke carefully, before turning her head for a brief moment to cast Calvin a sympathetic glance.

Calvin S. Ransom
Calvin S. Ransom
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 389

Back to top Go down

Stay - Page 2 Empty Re: Stay

Post by Chastity Moor Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:40 am

Chase turned her head when Calvin called her back, and she stared at the poor broken man who she loved, lost and lonely on the floor, having lost all sanity, and all grip on reality, because of her influence on his life. Chase felt more tears pepper her cheeks, and was about to turn back to her husband to take him into her arms, when the nurse spoke. Chase listened to what she said about the sedatives, and she looked slightly shocked. They kept him sedated? Sedated of all things.. they should be giving him love, and attention, and helping his mind to grow stronger, and sharper, not sedating him so he stayed happy in his little bubble, he had to grow!

But then she said there was bad news. Chase's eyes spun to look at the nurse, because they had been wandering towards Calvin, but she stared at the woman as she explained about Nerissa and how she had been found that morning. Chase put her hand over her mouth, and turned to look at Calvin, who was pleading with her to return to him. Chase looked at the nurse for a long moment and then took a deep breath. "I'll tell him.. you can hold off those sedatives please.. I'd rather tell him while he's himself." She said and turned back to Calvin, falling to her knees besides him and taking him into her arms, holding him as one would a child, but at the same time, he was her husband.

Chase took a deep breath, inhaling his scent, memorizing it, holding it to her heart so she would never forget how he smelled. "Calvin.. baby, I'm not leaving.. the nurse just had to talk to me okay.." She whispered, holding onto him and rocking gently, her hand in his hair, gently stroking the back of his head. "I'm not gonna go okay? Not again.. I won't leave you again, I promise.." She could feel the tears going down her face again but she tried to hold back the sorrow. "It wasn't your fault Calvin.. it wasn't.. it was no one's fault what happened to our baby.. don't you for a second believe it was okay?" She whispered, holding onto his shoulders, and staring into his eyes.

"Calvin, there was nothing either of us could have done.. that man took her from us.. and we couldn't do anything.. you did nothing at all baby.. I promise.. please don't cry." She said gently, her voice calming, mothering, and loving. "Listen Calvin... I gotta tell you something.... are you listening?" Chase watched him carefully, holding him at arms length, her eyes scanning his face.
Chastity Moor
Chastity Moor

Number of posts : 2008

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top