New face and new smiles
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

New face and new smiles Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

New face and new smiles

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

New face and new smiles Empty New face and new smiles

Post by Sophia Granger Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:04 am

It just another morning at St.Mungo's hospital as Sophia Granger walked down the long corridor reading patient files as she sip her french vanilla cappuccino she gotten from the healers lounge. From filing patient files to helping interns and doing double time Sophia was wore out to the bone. Looking at her new recent file Sophia looked at it for a bit before heading towards the children ward. As she tapped lightly on the door she heard a faint come in as she entered. "Hello Melody how are you feeling this morning?"Sophia asked her softly giving her a soft warm smile as she checked her pulse. "Lousy."she cried as she coughed. "Easy now, you have to let yourself heal and no more messing with your mom potion alright sweetie?"Sophia asked her softly as she nodded.

"Alright good deal."said Sophia softly as she waved her wand at her making the pain go away in her ribs and head. "She has a concussion and a few crack ribs, she may have to stay in here a couple of days until she completely healed."said Sophia softly to her mother. "Alright thankyou so much Healer Granger."said the mother. "Please call me Sophia and my pleasure and if you need anything press the button and I'll come."said Sophia softly giving them a soft warm smile as she closed the door softly behind her and smiled. Looking at her chart of the next kid she shook her head and chuckled to herself before entering. "Well... welcome back Billy, let me guess you been taking your brother broomstick out for a ride again haven't you?"Sophia asked him softly as he nodded.

"Well let look at that arm of yours and we'll get you all healed up and you can go home tomorrow!"said Sophia giving him a soft warm smile. As the little boy handed her his arm she healed it and bandaged it. As she finished she bent down to where she was almost eye with him. "No more riding your brother broomstick unless your brother on it and your parents approve ok?"said Sophia softly as the little boy nodded. "Alrightso we have a deal right?"Sophia asked him softly as he nodded. "Ok... here's you a chocolate frog for being so good."said Sophia softly as she handed the little boy the candy. "I'll be back in a hour to give him his pain potion for his arm."said Sophia softly to his mother as she nodded. As she walked out the room she chuckled lightly to herself before she seen a girl waiting at the front counter. Looking at the clock she realized it must be the new intern she was training seeing how it was 8 O'clock. "You must be the new intern, I'm Sophia."said Sophia softly.
Sophia Granger
Sophia Granger
Seventh Year Gryffindor
Seventh Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 11575

Back to top Go down

New face and new smiles Empty Re: New face and new smiles

Post by Freyja Podmore Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:40 am

There was a cool breeze in the air as Yumi Zante walked through the streets. The wind blew her hair back as she had decided not to put it up. She wore a purple shirt covered by a black jacket and black pants with black sneakers. The girl was on her way to begin her internship at St. Mungo's Hospital and she was somewhat nervous. When she had left the castle about half an hour ago, she had heard other slytherins comment on the fact that she wanted to be a healer. She honestly didn't see what was wrong with that, but of course the ones who had made those comments were the stuck up ones that thought that only those from the other houses wanted to be good.

The girl had chosen to merely ignore them but she did feel a bit weird about it now. As far as she heard there weren't many if any Slytherin graduates that became healers. Most as she heard became Death Eaters or something. But Yumi wanted to be different, she wasn't a bad person as most called those from Slytherin, sure she was a prankster but that didn't mean anything, it just meant she liked to have fun, right? She gave a small sigh as she entered the hospital and stood at the front desk, waiting for the healer that was going to be training her.

She hadn't been waiting long when a girl maybe a year or two older than her came. Yumi simply stood there with her hands crossed in front of her. When she said that she must be the new intern, Yumi smiled and nodded. "Yes I am." she said softly. "It's nice to meet you Sophia. I'm Yumi." she said with a bright smile, she usually didn't give out to anyone. She sighed softly, her smile still on her mouth as she took a look around, this had really been her first time actually entering the hospital. Yumi had never really needed to come to St. Mungos's before.
Freyja Podmore
Sixth Year Gryffindor
Sixth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 574

Back to top Go down

Post by Sophia Granger Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:20 am

"Nice to meet you as well Yumi, and Yumi that's a very unique and pretty name!"said Sophia giving her a soft warm smile. "Well... as you probably know or don't know, I'm going to be your teacher I'm going to teach you everything you need to know about being a healer."said Sophia. "Follow me Yumi and I'll take you to the locker room so we can get you changed into your intern robe. "Ah... I remember being a intern just like you Yumi sooer or later you'll be wearing a white robe like the rest of us!"said Sophia softly. As she walked down the long corridor she walked pass the healers lounge to the grils locker room which was on the left and put her badge to the door as it beeped letting her open it. As she walked into the locker room she waited for Yumi to join her.

"You'll be wearing red robes seeing how your a intern, the robes mean different colors blue means nurse which is below a healer and red mean intern which is what you are."said Sophia softly. "Here are your robe and I'll let you be so you can change."said Sophia softly. "Once your change I'll take you for a tour around the hospital."said Sophia softly. Sophia was really good at hiding it but she felt honor that Khaat let her teacher some of the interns but then again she was more honor to be head healer. "I assume you have your books and everything right?"Sophia asked her softly. If she didn't then they'll have to get her books as long as the rules of the Hospitail that she has to read and sign.

There's was alot to do in being a healer, but it was well worth it seeing how you save lives of many that come and see you. It was also long hours of being up here which really made you wore out and tired of being here. But work wouldn't be work without the long hours of being here but it was worth for Sophia loved what she did. She hoped Yumi would love doing it as much as she did, but that was probably one thing Khaat hoped when she trained her. Sophia was trained by the best people there was, Khaat and Robert and not to mention Brian she was taught really well. That wa probably why she was so good at doing her job so well for she was trained by the best.
Sophia Granger
Sophia Granger
Seventh Year Gryffindor
Seventh Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Freyja Podmore Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:14 pm

Yumi smiled at Sophia and placed her hand on the back of her head. "Oh, thank you Sophia. It's of Japanese origin." she explained softly. "And I'm just here to learn everything I possibly can." Yumi said with a small nod. "I've always wanted to be a healer, ever since I was a little girl." she smiled. As Sophia walked to the girl's locker room, Yumi followed closly behind her, looking around at everything in the hospital. She was really happy that she could be there and that she would get to learn how to be a healer.

The girl took the robes from Sophia and nodded as she told her what they would do after she was finished changing. "Good thing I like red." Yumi said jokingly as she spread the robes out in front of her. She quickly changed into them and went back to Sophia. "Okay I'm ready." she said as she looked down at herself in the robes. "Um, yeah I have everything. That's what I brought this bag with me for." she said, indicating to the bag slung over her shoulder. "I wanted to be prepared as much as possible." she laughed softly.

Even though they still hadn't started anything, Yumi was very excited. Mostly because she would get to do something she had wanted to do basically her entire life. But there was also the fact that James(her adoptive father, if you can call him that) wouldn't be able to say anything about what she chooses to be. Now that she was going to graduate that same year, he wouldn't have anymore control over her and she felt herself smile about that.
Freyja Podmore
Sixth Year Gryffindor
Sixth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sophia Granger Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:38 pm

Sophia looked at Yumi's bookbag and chuckled. "I see you got all your books there, but don't worry you don't need them so you can put them in your locker over here with the intern lockers are."said Sophia softly. As she guided her over towards the intern locker Sophia gotten out her wand and flicked it at the locker as Yumi's name appeared on it. "There you go, now you have a place to put your stuff in."said Sophia giving her a soft warm smile. "Ok... now onto the tour, the first place were going to explore is the first and second floor."said Sophia softly. "The first floor isn't really anything but I have to show you where your office is going to be."said Sophia giving her a soft warm smile.

"The only thing on the first floor is the Healer's Clinic--for Walk-In Non Emergent Care, Follow Up Appointments, and other Routine Care. Offices for Other Healers are there as well. Dental Clinic, Mental Health/Counseling Services are located on thie first floor, separate from the Healers' Clinic."said Sophia explaining what's on the first floor. "Healers are not really that much on the first floor that much were more on the second floor and up."said Sophia softly. "But I'll show you the whole place for you will need to learn it cause it will best on your test."said Sophia softly. "We have five floors well... six if you count the ground floor and two basements."said Sophia softly. "I know it might sound like a big place, but you'll know this place like the back of your hand when I get done teaching you."said Sophia.

Sophia Granger
Sophia Granger
Seventh Year Gryffindor
Seventh Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Freyja Podmore Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:00 am

Yumi felt herself laugh sheepishly. "I just thought it was better safe than sorry, you know?" she said softly. She followed Sophia to the lockers and she watched as her name appeared on one of them when she flicked her wand. The girl smiled at Sophia and opened the locker, placed her things inside and then she closed the locker again. "Alright, all set now." she said. As Sophia said they would be exploring the first and second floors and that she had to show her where her office is, Yumi's eyes brightened a bit. "I'll get an office?" she questioned softly.

As Sophia explained everything on the first floor, Yumi looked around a bit and took a mental more on where everything was. She was usually good as remembering most things, like where something was located so she wouldn't have a problem learning this stuff. "Okay so the first floor is basically for non-emergencies." she re-stated, making sure she had that right. "Healers are usually on the second floor and up, got it." Yumi gave a small nod as she repeated this. "Six floors, that does sound like it's a big place. But I'm sure I can learn where everything this quickly." Yumi said somewhat securely.
Freyja Podmore
Sixth Year Gryffindor
Sixth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sophia Granger Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:55 am

Sophia chuckled and nodded. "Believe me, I understood a hundred percent I was the same way you were."said Sophia softly chuckling at the memories. Sopihia chuckled and nodded. "Yes you do, that's where you'll do alot of your patient filings and paper work at."said Sophia softly. "Alright, off we go then."said Sophia as she walked out of the locker room towards the elevators and pushed the button to the first floor. As she walked into the elevatos she nodded at a couple of fellow healers and waited for Yumi to join in beside her. As they finally entered the first floor Sophia walked out and stood beside once again another desk. "Here is the Nonemergent Clinic."said Sophia softly as she took a file one of the nurses handed her and looked at it and nodded before handing it back her. As she walked alittle ways she entered the lobby area. "Here's the Nonemergent Clinic Lobby where people with no Nonemergent problems come."said Sophia softly.

"Follow me, I'll show you where your office is."said Sophia softly as she walked pass the lobby and walked down the long corridor and took a right. Walking a few steps she came upon a door with 'Sophia Granger' written on the door. "As you can see, this is my office you can decorate your office anyway you like as long as Khaat approves."said Sophia softly. As she unlocked it with a flick of her wand Sophia turned on the light and smiled at her lovely office she loved so much. Her office was a light yellow color with picture of her friends and family on it as well as awards for outstanding healer and healer of the year.

"It's not much, but I like it just the way it is."said Sophia softly as she seen the paperwork on her desk that Khaat or someone must of pit on her desk. "Seem like the paperwork nevers ends."said Sophia. "Ok... now your office will be right across from mine so if you need anything just knock on my door."said Sophia softly. "I know how you feel Yumi, I felt the same way when I got my office so feel free to squeal or jump up and down I don't mine."said Sophia softly. Sophia couldn't help not to smile and chuckle at Yumi for she reminded of her when she frst started as a intern.

Soph's office

Sophia Granger
Sophia Granger
Seventh Year Gryffindor
Seventh Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Freyja Podmore Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:06 am

Yumi smiled at Sophia. "That's so cool! I didn't think I'd get my own office." she said softly. She quickly followed Sophia into the elevator. She looked around at the clinic and smiled. "So as an intern, will I be working on nonemergent cases only? Or will I get to work on more important, er... urgent cases?" the girl asked Sophia. She figured that interns would only work with the nonemergent cases, to leave the urgent ones to the more experienced Healers. But she thought it would be cool to be able to work on those kinds of cases, bit she would probably have to work hard to get to do those, and even to become a healer, obviously her main goal.

As she showed her to her office, when they stopped at Sophia's office Yumi peeked inside as she opened thw door. She looked around the office and smiled a bit. "It's a really nice office Sophia, though the color is a bit to bright for my taste. Although it really seems to fit you." she said kindly. Yumi wasn't really the kind of girl to like bright colors. That was mostly because as she grew up the only colors she saw was black or gray. James hardly ever let her go outside when she was young, and she was stuck inside that dingy and cold space that was called her room. She sighed softly as she turned from Sophia's office to Sophia.

She mentioned showing her, her office and Yumi's eyes brightened immediately again. She looked at the office across from Sophia's and she smiled. "So, this is my office?" she asked a bit excitedly. She was so happy about finally having something like this that was hers. She never had anything would he hers and hers alone, she always had to share it in some way. When Sophia said she could squeal or jump in joy, Yumi shook her head. "No, that's alright. I don't need to do that." she said. Of course she wouldn't do that in front of others, even before she was orphaned, Yumi was taught to hide her real emotions until she was left alone, whether they were good or had feelings.
Freyja Podmore
Sixth Year Gryffindor
Sixth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sophia Granger Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:54 pm

Sophia nodded and smiled. "Why of course you do Yumi, you'll need a place to file all your patients paperwork."said Sophia softly. As she asked if she would be dealing with nonemergent cases only Sophia nodded. "Yes for right now, but even with those you will need my help cause some healing you may not know."said Sophia softly. "You will first have to work on a robort dummy which will act like a person who is hurt it will be your job to nurse him back to health."said Sophia softly. "But you won't do that until later on in your training."said Sophia softly.

Sophia smiled when she said it was a nice office but a bit to bright for her taste. "Well... this is orgainally the paint color I might change it to a blue or red or something."said Sophia softly. Sophia chuckled and shook her head as she said it suited her well. "Alot of people been teliling me that seeing how I'm a very bright and bubbly person as they say."said Sophia shrugging. As she walked over towards Yumi's office she flicked her wand at the door as it magically unlocked itself. As she pushed opened the door she flicked on the light as and looked at Yumi and smiled.

"This is your office, feel free to decorate and design it how you want but like I said before as ling as Khaat approves of it."said Sophia softly. "You can decorate it now or you can do it later."said Sophia giving her a soft warm smile. "If you choose do it later I'll show you more of the hospital."said Sophia softly as she flicked her wand at the patient files as they came towards her. With another flick of her wand she closed and lock her office door behind her. As she looked at the patient files she waited for Yumi to get a good look at her new office before they did anything else.
Sophia Granger
Sophia Granger
Seventh Year Gryffindor
Seventh Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Freyja Podmore Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:21 am

Yumi nodded at what Sophia was saying. "Okay, well as long as I have an experienced healer like you helping me, I'll be able to learn everything quickly." she smiled at her. "I probably will need your help a lot, as I really don't know many healing spells." Yumi chuckled. She was hoping to change that soon though, Yumi didn't like not knowing how to do something for herself for very long. Of course since Sophia had to help her at first, Yumi didn't mind it much as she really liked Sophia. She was a nice person from what she could tell and she was probably the only person that she would allow to help her often.

Yumi gave a small laugh and smiled at Sophia. "Well, why not try a darker shade of pink? I think bright colors match you a lot, but if you want to go for a bit of a darker color for you, I think a dark pink would work best, or a really light blue." she said softly. When it came to dark colors, Yumi was like the queen, you could say. Growing up where she did wasn't all bad even though she hated it. At least she could make good color decisions. She sighed softly as she watched Sophia unlock the door to her office and she held her breath for a moment. She smiled and laughed a bit as she stepped into the office. "It's so plain in here." she said jokingly. "I'll definitely have to change that." the girl smiled.

"For now I think I'll just change the color of the office." she said as she took out her wand. She loved not being underaged anymore, she had so much more freedom now. It was great being able to do what you pleased with magic when you pleased. Yumi stood in the middle of the room and waved her wand around it. She watched the color of the walls change to a darker shade of blue and she smiled. Replacing her wand back in her pocket, Yumi turned and walked out of the office. "I think that's it for now." she told Sophia. "I want to see the rest of the hospital before I do anything else with the office" she said softly as she looked at the files Sophia was looking over.
Freyja Podmore
Sixth Year Gryffindor
Sixth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top