Allies and Enemies
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Allies and Enemies Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Allies and Enemies

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Allies and Enemies Empty Allies and Enemies

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:58 pm

Khaat and her father had chosen carefully when to return to England. They had left their family members well hidden. They sent for their allies with whom they were depending on, if more support was needed to oust Gellert Grindlewald from his all-too-comfortable dictatorship. Robert was not afraid of causing the Third Wizarding War if that was what it took. He and Khaat together had selected Sparks for their meeting. They had assembled together at the largest table in the larger dining room in Sparks over an elegant meal of braised short ribs and root vegetables, with a frisse salad on the side, and for dessert was a beautiful tiramisu that was accompanied by espresso with a twist of lemon.

The purpose of the meeting was to show, very deliberately, that the Lupins were back with much rallied support and that they were fully prepared to do whatever it took to get their world back. It was designed as a public display, without coming right out and announcing it in the Ministry atrium. Her father was seated at the head of the table, and Khaat was seated to his right as he addressed his friends. She had a quick quotes quill taking notes for her as they talked. She had to admit, she was a bit nervous about all this and she hadn't gotten out of the need to keep her wand laying alongside her knife at her place setting, leaving it within her grasp at any given instant.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 22716
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Allies and Enemies Empty Re: Allies and Enemies

Post by James Roland Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:22 am

Roland was quite proud of himself. He had achieved, in little more then a month, what he had been trying to do for over the last two years. One, he had finally re-established a position of respect and power in the ministry and two, he had gotten rid of any enemies he had. Namely, the Lupins. The others had already been taken care of. Of course, he wasn't minister yet and never would be, and he had helped a megalomaniac assume total power over the wizarding populace, but it was worth it.

He strolled down Diagon Alley, cheerfully saying good morning to the struggling shopkeepers, as he made his way towards Sparks. He had often avoided Sparks before due to its association with the Lupins, but now that they had been exiled, he enjoyed entering the restaurant and eating their food. It was wickedly amusing. In addition, the new owners of Sparks would no doubt know something about the Lupins plans if they ever tried to come back, and so Roland regularly tried to get something out of them.

Opening the door to Sparks, Roland waddled in with a big smile on his face and ordered 'the regular.' Taking a newspaper from the counter he turned to make his way to the table and then stood still and gaped in horror. There, were the two Lupins. His senses were numbed, and the smile had vanished completely. How, was all he could think of. How could they be back?

His first thought was to turn and run away, that would be the smart thing to do surely? But no, it wouldn't, not only would it be a severe blow to his reputation but it would also affect his pride. He had defeated the Lupins, he was not afraid of them... Should he call aurors to apprehend them? No.. that was not quite necessary, and besides, they'd escape by the time they arrived. So Roland recovered himself, put on his smile again and walked over.

"Ah, Khaat, Robert! Its nice to see you again," he said, beaming. "I must say I'm surprised to see you here. I heard that Grindelwald exiled you two from Britain?" He had one wand in his pocket, in case they'd attack, but the Lupin's wouldn't do that, he knew. So he instead took a seat. "I guess a small visit for a day or two wouldn't hurt... Though I wouldn't have risked it If I were you," he added with a small laugh.
James Roland
James Roland
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 167

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:48 am

"Roland," Robert smiled. "You're looking rather well. It looks like working for Grindlewald suits you quite well. I'm sorry you were misinformed about our whereabouts but we missed the old homeland, you know? So we decided to celebrate our homecoming with just a lunch with our friends." His words had been purposefully measured. Measured to perhaps throw Roland off balance a wee bit. It wasn't easy to toss Roland either way. The man was very experienced and he didn't get surprised by much. And certainly nothing got by him. "I prefer my grandchildren be raised here. And I know their mother feels the same way. Thank you for the security advice, though. I'll take it under consideration."

He looked at Khaat who merely smiled and said. "Hello, Roland. Long time no see."

"I did read a report while I was gone that you and Zada Forbes were quite the item," Robert said. "I presume congratulations are in order, then?"

"Isn't this your public relations man, Robert?" Lee asked.

"It is," Robert said. "I apologize, Roland. Have you met my friend here, Lee Fielding?" Robert purposely neglected to mention that Lee was the director of the American Department of Magical Affairs. Robert's collegue in the United States. Well for that matter, the other 9 people around the table held the same position from Italy, France, Germany, Canada, Spain, Sweden, Denmark, Bulgaria, Russia, and Romania. They merely looked at Roland and nodded rather formally but courteously.

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 3100
Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by James Roland Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:01 am

Roland was quite uncomfortable, to say the least. The large tables joined together had a total of eleven people sitting there, and though Roland did know nine of them, the fact that they were there added to his discomfort as Robert made a mockery of him. The calm, satisfied way in which he just say there almost made him lose it, but Roland calmed down and drew himself up with dignity. "Yes, like I said, I am sure that a small visit would not hurt as long as you go back to wherever you live quite quickly. Of course, the alternative is Azkaban and I do not want to see either of you go there. We were friends once after all," Roland said, in almost the same tone but a bit more coolly.

Though Roland had recovered himself, he was having a hard time maintaining his temper as Robert continued his jabs. "Preposterous! Zada and I are working together with our new minister to restore order in the wizarding world, thats it," Roland blustered. As one of Robert's 'friends' spoke up, Roland looked towards him curiously. Clearly, considering his accent and the coffee he was drinking, an american. "No I'm afraid I don't know him.." he replied, thinking. He knew of a Fielding, he had done a report on him, but surely it was someone different.
James Roland
James Roland
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:27 am

"Wherever I live?" Robert asked. "We live here, of course. I am quite sure, as efficient as I know you are, that you've had our vacation homes checked. You surely know we haven't been there. As for our leaving England again, I'm not planning on it. Nor am I planning on Azkaban. I am quite sure we all agree that no one wants to see Khaat and me in Azkaban. There may well be people going to Azkaban eventually, but I know it won't be any of my family. Besides, Khaat's chef here makes quite a lovely tiramisu, and we would miss not being able to stop in here and get it periodically. Not to mention that one does have a responsibility to check on one's investment businesses. Would you like to join us for lunch?"

There. He'd send the message. They were staying. They had come home and brought the grandchildren--all 5 babies. His four grandchildren and his great granddaughter. The Lupins still had homes and businesses here. They were going to raise their family here. And--no one--especially the entourage around the table--were about to let Khaat and Robert be arrested. They were safe here--bodyguarded by powerful allies. Unless Roland wanted to start the war right here. And Robert was good with it, if it came. Either way, Grindlewald would not get the Lupin grandchildren who were well secured in the unplottable homes they owned. The only thing Roland had even the slightest chance of gaining today were Robert and Khaat themselves, and even that was bloody unlikely. As far as Robert was concerned, Roland might as well pull up a fork and enjoy the dessert he'd offered.

"Khaat," the elegant and beautiful woman to Khaat's right asked. "Might I have a bit of sugar, please?"

"Oh, by all means, Daniella," Khaat said to the Italian official, passing her the sugar bowl.

"Grazie," Daniella smiled. She looked up at Roland. "Buon Giorno, Signore Roland. We have heard so much about you. Join us. We are all friends here, are we not? The espresso is quite good."

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by James Roland Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:24 am

Roland bristled as Robert continued to mock him. No, he wouldn't stand for it! If he wasn't outnumbered eleven to one, he would have drawn his wand or called some aurors. But as it happened, he was outnumbered and anyway, he had never been very good at duelling. So what could he do but remain where he was? Leaving would be cowardice and reacting would be foolishness. His smile had disappeared though, leaving the pleasantries behind.

An Italian, obviously, Roland deduced by the language of the woman. He looked down the table again, and realized that they all looked like foreigners. Roland was still not quite sure who they were but he could guess. He scowled.

"Is this meant to be a threat Lupin? This blazon act of defiance will be mean your end, I assure you," Roland said, struggling to keep his temper under control. "You are disturbing the peace Lupin, does your minister position mean so much to you that you would start another war?" Roland was no fool, he knew that if Grindelwald wanted to capture Robert, it would mean going to war with the order and Robert's supporters.
James Roland
James Roland
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:47 pm

Robert frowned slightly at Roland. "Threat? How the devil can me having lunch with some friends in my family's bistro be a threat? The only person who appears to be exacting a threat today is you, my friend. We've invited you to eat with us. I don't ever invite people around my table lightly. Look around you. The only person who appears the least bit worked up by our being here is you. Nobody else is even paying attention to us. Do us all a favor and relax a little or at least pretend to.

"I don't give one jot about a warrant that was made illegally anyway. Grindlewald is an illegal squatter who deserves to be sent back beyond the veil where he came from," Robert's words took a sudden sinister turn. "And if it takes a Third Wizarding War to do it then let him bring it. I didn't come here to start it, but believe me, I will finish it.

"You really don't know me at all, do you? I don't need the Minister's position. Did you forget I was retired before I was drawn back into all of this? I certainly dont do this for the money. I've never needed or wanted fame. Or perhaps you have me confused with my brother. Let's lay our cards on the table, shall we? I will not stand idly by and allow some power hungry egotist to ruin the lives of every wizard and witch in the country. I will not leave that legacy for my children and my grandchildren. As I said, I didn't come here to start a war. Its damned hard to mount a war by yourself. But...if Grindlelwald were so secure with himself he wouldn't be seeing my daughter as such a threat to him. And personally, I am rather amused by the fact that he sees either of us as enough of a threat to put out warrants for us. That just shone a huge spotlight on his flaws for me. So, feel free to go summon all the aurors you like. If you want to kick this off here and now, then lets do this."

"Oh, by all means," Lee said, looking at Roland. "As his friends, we are prepared to stand with him. Khaat, are you willing to sacrifice your bistro's decor if it comes to it."

"Ready, willing, and able," she said, looking straight at Roland. "Bring it. And if you don't want to bring it, then do relax a bit and enjoy the food. Who knows? You might learn some juicy tidbits you can use in your next publication."

Robert knew that each member at the table had platoons of aurors that they had agreed to bring to align with him and that they were on standby to come at a moments notice. This was the real message Robert was sending. It was a direct message to Grindlewald that he was sorely and ridiculously outnumbered. His reign of terror was about to come to a close, if Robert could merely wait long enough for most of England to get fed up enough that they were willing to participate in an uprising. And that time was right on the horizon.

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by James Roland Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:53 pm

"I will not have lunch with the likes of you!" Roland spluttered, again, losing it slightly. He once again, realizing he was making a fool of himself, calmed down and tried to act diplomatic. It was proving to be quite hard so far, with the mood that Robert was in.

"Grindelwald only assumed the dictatorship because of the state of the wizarding world. An election simply cannot work if corrupt officials like you are elected. Grindelwald has done much good since he has become minister. Some of his policies are questionable yes, but what he is doing is for the greater good, something pitiful minds like your own cannot understand," Roland said icily, wondering if he actually even believed that himself. Perhaps he believed in the greater good but not Grindelwalds current version of it. Oh well, the price of power. "Anyway, who are you to question the legality of his position? You too were elected illegally. The wizarding elections were hardly fair. And your own policies were questionable, appointing friends and family to high positions is a mark of a corrupt official, 'my friend.' "

Roland wasn't actually as loyal to Grindelwald as he was showing, but he didn't have any other cards to play. Switching sides was hardly possible now. Robert and Jess would forgive a death eater or someone but not a traitor like Roland.

Roland gave everyone at the table an icy look, but didn't draw his wand. THere was no point, even if a couple aurors came they were still outnumbered. Besides, Roland wasn't the violent type, he preferred to use his words as weapons. He turned to adress the men and women sitting next to Robert and Khaat. "I must say Grindelwald will not be pleased to hear this at all. This support of an enemy of the state could be considered a casus belli for war, and I do not want the relations of our country to suffer. So stop this absurdity." Sure, Roland wasn't really in the position to be making threats, but that was all he could do now. Besides, although Grindelwald didn't have too many supporters, he himself was worth ten wizards, so they weren't as outnumbered as it seemed. No wizard or witch on the other side could stand a chance against Grindelwald, except perhaps Shacklebolt.
James Roland
James Roland
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:15 pm

Robert truly felt sorry for how far Roland had appeared to have fallen. He had always considered Roland a formidable dueler and had sparred against him more than once. But this time, he seemed somehow to be a shell from what he use to be. He didn't say anything for a moment.

"You do what you need to do, Roland," Robert said quietly. "If you all decide to come here after us, then so be it. Its time you were all stopped from your twisted version of the greater good. I fail to see how oppression of all witches and wizards--adults and children both--is any sort of greater good. Is that what you would want for your children? Tyranny? Torture? Dont think I don't know what's going on behind the wall of the school. It appears that your mighty saint delights in getting his power by making others miserable. I fully expect he will not be happy, first, that he does have to contend at some point with others who oppose his definition of power. And then, there is a chance he might not be the happiest with you for not offing me when you had the chance. My guess is that he would much rather that you had avada kedavra'd me and let my friends take you out simultaneously. I don't see, by the trail of bodies he's left, that Grindlewald cares for any life except his own. And that does include you. I've never seen him to see any other human as being indispensible except himself. What are you willing to do for a tyrant, James? Are you truly willing to die for him when he's halfway out the door as it is? I guess I didn't ever figure you as a man who would die in vain, for no purpose whatsoever. You struck me as more the one to fight for a reasonable cause and for the things that stood a chance. But then perhaps I had you wrong."

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by James Roland Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:11 pm

Roland listened to Robert's speech, feeling a bit sorry for himself, his cheerfulness having been all but wiped out since he had entered Sparks. He listened silently, but jerked when Robert neared the end of his speech. Die in vain? Die for Grindelwald? Robert had it completely wrong. As much as Roland supported Grindelwald, he would not die for him. He did not like nor approve of him. He had admired him in the beginning sure, when Grindelwald had promised order and peace, but he had fallen short of giving them that. Roland still believed in the greater good to some extent, but he wouldn't die for it.

"Die for him? It is not him I will die for but myself! I have no other choice now, I have cast my lot in with them, and now I share the same fate as they do," he explained earnestly to Robert, even though there was no point in it, Roland wanted him to know why. "Grindelwald or you, it is a choice between two evils, but I have chosen my side already. Can I change sides now? No... You must understand that I have only one choice now." To change sides now would allow him to be spared by Robert and Jess, but he would lose his positions, his pride and his reputation. All the things he had worked years, decades, for.
James Roland
James Roland
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top