I Want to Trust You, I Really Do
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

I Want to Trust You, I Really Do Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

I Want to Trust You, I Really Do

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I Want to Trust You, I Really Do Empty I Want to Trust You, I Really Do

Post by Aaron Marcheti Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:22 am

Aaron tapped his wand gently on the paperwork that sat in front of him. It was nothing but basic ministry items he had to fill out, mostly on the regulations that came with being a shop keeper. He had been working on them for hours, and he had to admit, they were starting to burden him. He knew that getting a place of business was going to take time, and he was completely willing to do everything that was asked of him, but that did not make it any less of a pain in the ass.

He let out a sigh and then leaned back in his chair, looking up at the clock. The time was drawing near for Whight to show up and he was starting to get ancy. Tapping into another persons memories was never really a "fun" thing. In fact, Aaron was not a big fan of it. It put the burden of other peoples memories on him and he was not a big fan of having to deal with other peoples problems, but when it came to putting lots of trust into someone, Aaron was not one to take risks.

Whight was smart, very smart, and reserved. Exactly the kind of person he wanted to kind of run the day to day of everything he was planning. Silvyr... well Silvyr was Aarons muscle and his face whenever Aaron did not want to be seen. He was also the fall guy, but that was only for extreme circumstances. Whight was more of a behind the scenes guy, someone Aaron secretly relied on.

But before he would do anything he was going to have to get to know them better, and Leglimens was really the fastest way to do it. But Whight would not enjoy it. Giving up memories to someone else voluntarily was never something anyone wanted to do, but Aaron demanded it. This operation was too tedious to be left to chance.

He took a deep breath and then returned to the paperwork. Whight would figure out where he was and if he didn't, well he did not exactly pass the first test.
Aaron Marcheti
Aaron Marcheti
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Number of posts : 644
Special Abilities : Leglimency, Occlumency

Back to top Go down

I Want to Trust You, I Really Do Empty Re: I Want to Trust You, I Really Do

Post by Whight Linstrum Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:05 am

The letter Whight had been waiting for finally came. He left the professor's house and apparated to Diagon Alley, he wanted to see what kind of people the streets were holding before he made his way to Marcheti's shop. He had told the professor that he was given a job opportunity and that he had decided to accept it. The old man was happy and proud of Whight for starting a new chapter in his life. Whight still wanted to continue his work for the professor, it was just that some matters may be of greater priority than others and that was to be put into account for when the professor may need him.

The crowds were of the usual and if their hadn't been bits of magic slipping through the air one would had thought the scene was just that of the muggle world. Whight approached the shop and stood momentarily at the doorstep. He pulled out his father's wand and looked it over once more like he had done hundreds of times. This time was different. He was about to part with the wand, the wand that had basically become another extremity. It must be done, he thought as he forced himself to put it back in his pocket.

Whight shifted his features to his natural self upon entrance. Aaron would not recognize him at first but it was time to come clean as to who he really was, especially if the man was going to trust him for any length of time. He knew his ability would surface rather quickly so it was best to get it out of the way now to decrease the chances of Aaron constantly wondering if Whight could truly be counted on.

Silence was in the air after the door had closed itself behind him. Aaron was no were to be seen and Whight made himself at home as the letter had told him to. He walked through the shop making his way to the back of the building all the while examining all the content the lay before him. When he reached the back Whgiht heard papers shifting behind a cracked door. Whight gave a slight double knock and entered before a response from whoever was in the room could be given. "Mr. Marcheti. Whight Linstrum at your service," he said as he approached the man's desk with an extended hand. To hinder Aaron's potential confusion, Whight continued with, "My appearance fools many sir, but know I am not playing any games of trickery on you. This is me," he gestured up and down his body, "the true Whight Linstrum."

Whight Linstrum
Whight Linstrum
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 211
Special Abilities : Metamorphmagus

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Marcheti Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:07 am

Aaron glanced up to see someone he had never once laid eyes on before. His first thought was to reach for his wand and strike the man down. How had he gotten in? What was his intent? He could not risk having someone come into his office and see anything that could possibly hurt his future. But, he kept his cool and only stared at the man with a blank face.

It was not until he spoke that Aaron realized who it was. He smiled brightly and then leaned back in his chair casually, looking across the room at Whight. He was not aware that Whight was a metamorphagis[?], but now that he knew, so many thoughts flew through his head. The benefits of having such a skill on his side just boggled his mind so quickly. It was rare to meet someone with the ability, and even rarer to be able to use one at will.

He did not act impressed though. He had to keep a reserved attitude, so he quickly dispelled the entire notion from his head completely. He would have to ponder it all at a later time. He had other business to attend to for now, and he quickly got to it as he flicked his wand and the chair in front of his desk moved out, offering a seat for Whight. "Please, sit." He said, motioning to the chair.

He sat his wand down on the table in front of him, fully aware of the things it was about to see. He considered his wand a complete part of himself, and whenever he did something, his wand was just as much a part of it. "Also, from now on, call me Aaron. I am not as important as you lead me to believe." He said with a smirk before clasping his hands together.

Aaron was not a man to mince words, so he started very quickly, not acknowledging the last thing Whight had said. Not out of disrespect, but as a way to get on with what he was doing. "I understand you are a practiced Occlumens, correct?" Aaron started before pulling out a book and setting it in front of him. "Occlumecy is very important, something I require out of anyone who decides to come and work for me," He smirked and then opened the book, looking down and then pretending to read a few words.

"Sadly though, I am going to have to ask that you lower all of the walls that you have built up," He looked up from his book, a face of complete seriousness took over and Whight would know he was serious. "When I asked you to join me I told you I was going to need your complete trust." He turned the book and he slid it across the table. It was a book on Legilimacy and it was on the chapter explaining how it worked and what happened when one had the spell performed on them.

"Are you still willing to trust me?" He sat quietly now. He stared across the table, intentionally holding eye contact with him so that he knew he was serious. It was not going to be the most pleasant experience, but it would be over soon enough.
Aaron Marcheti
Aaron Marcheti
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Whight Linstrum Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:59 am

Whight knew there would be some pressure on his comfort zones, but he did not expect someone to ravage through his thoughts at their own will. His professor had taught him how to shield himself from mental invasions. He had built what he knew were well strengthened walls around his mind and especially around his secrets, but it seemed it was time to let his walls fall for the man.

Whight sat quietly for a very long time not totally sure what to do or say. I did agree to complete trust, he thought and he also remembered Silvyr's warning. Giving himself to Aaron like this went against anything Whight would ever allow himself to do, but there was promise and purpose in his future if Aaron delivered what he had promised.

He looked down for a moment finishing his thoughts. He looked Aaron square in the eyes, "Let's get it over with." He spoke firmly and sure of himself. He was officially taking life changing steps and minutes from now he would either be glad he did or regret every decision he made to the man forever.

Whight closed his eyes and lowered his mental walls.

An icepick struck through Whight's mind before he was completely ready for the intrusion. His walls were still half way up and out of reflex they were rising again but he did his best to relax and clam his physical jerks.

Aaron saw everything: his love for his parents, the murders he witnessed, the resurrection of his morphing abilities, the acceptance from the old professor, the cold killing of the drunken bum and his new lust for killing all came first. The endless hours of Whight studying and practicing magic, drill after drill from the professor. Why Whight did things the way he did them. Rivers of knowledge were constantly pouring everywhere as if a dam had burst open. Then something came that no one but the professor knew about. Every hit Whight had ever made flashed before his eyes; there was no remorse in his killing and Aaron could see his justification system for what Whight did within him. Aaron now knew Whight better than anyone but Whight himself. Every secret he carried was brought back to life and every bit of darkness that Whight worked his life to conceal was brought to the front of the line for show.

The probe was released and it was all he could do to stop from falling to the floor. He grabbed the arm of the chair and begged, "Please, that is everything."
Whight Linstrum
Whight Linstrum
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Marcheti Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:22 am

Aaron knew he would comply, he had come this far and he would not turn back now. He could tell that Whight wanted something out of life and Aaron had offered him a way to get whatever it was he was looking for. There were always trials and tribulations a person had to go through, and this was going to be one of them. Whight knew that, and that was why Aaron had chosen him. He was sensible enough to realize the same thing Aaron did, and that was that nothing was ever easy.

Aaron nodded when he asked him to get it over with. He pulled his wand up and pointed it at Whights head. This was not his first attempt at leglimens, he had practiced with Zara and a few others over the past few years and he was very confident in his abilities. He cleared his mind and he focused only on the task at hand. When he was ready, he said the words. "Leglimens."

Images and thoughts bombarded Aaron quicker than he expected. Usually there was apprehension about it and the other person would fight it, but Whight opened up very quickly. It took Aaron off guard, but he did not let it phase him. He watched as everything Whight knew and had seen flashed before his eyes. So many secrets, so many things, it was almost too much for Aaron but he stood strong.

Then, as quickly as it came, it stopped. The images stopped and Aaron found himself back in his wand shop.Whight was grabbing onto a chair and pleading with Aaron not to do more. Aaron was drained, leglimens was a very powerful magic and he had exerted a lot of energy using the spell. Aaron wanted to sit, but he refused. He was the leader for a reason and he had to keep a calm composure through all situations.

His face was as serious as it had been before everything happened and he acted like he was not tired. He pocketed his wand and then looked over at Whight with a bit of a smile. "You have many secrets," He said, realizing he was breathing a little harder than he wanted to be. He composed himself again before continuing. "A hit wizard? You are certainly full of surprises."

Aaron did not speak and he went to his desk. The revelation that he was a hit wizard opened up many avenues for him. He reached into his desk and pulled out many papers, not slinging them aside, but gently placing them on the table but it was obvious he was searching for something. Finally, he found a small black book and he smirked and then placed it on his desk for future reference. "You will be of great use, much more than I or you imagined."

He opened the book and he flipped through the pages until he found what he was looking for. It was a chapter on enchanting wands. It was a skill that few tried to attempt, and even fewer succeeded. Aaron decided it would be a good chance to explore how good of a wand maker he really was. "But you need your own wand. One that will be yours and yours only." He continued to read through the pages while still talking. "It will take me a few days, but I will make a specialized wand for you." He stopped staring at the book and he grabbed a sealed note that had Whights name on it.

"Until then, I need you to accomplish this for me." He slid the note across the table and then went back to reading. "Do it clean, do it fast, and don't ask questions. When you are done, meet me back here at the dusk of Friday." He looked up one last time "You have three days. Any questions?"
Aaron Marcheti
Aaron Marcheti
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Whight Linstrum Sun Jan 15, 2012 6:35 am

Whight finally regained complete control of his mind and muscles. He sat with readjusted composure in attempt to look as strong as he could. He gave a slight head inclination when Aaron spoke of Whight's profession. The man seemed satisfied by what he had learned.

Excitement filled Whight when the change of topic fell to the fact that he needed his own wand. Aaron pulled out a book that he immediately wanted to see, just for a moment at least. In a moments time he could copy the book for later reading; the moment never came. Instead Aaron told him that his wand would come in due time and Whight knew he would follow through with his promise.

A letter was pushed to Whight. "No questions," was his response to Aaron's simple test. His last question contradicted his original demands. Whight caught it quickly and he wondered what other riddles the man was capable of.

Whight stood and placed the letter in his coat pocket and apparated home. He immediately looked his new assignment over; he would not disappoint.
Whight Linstrum
Whight Linstrum
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top