Trust is a tricky subject.
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Trust is a tricky subject. Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Trust is a tricky subject.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Trust is a tricky subject. Empty Trust is a tricky subject.

Post by Silvyr Svan Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:48 pm

SIlvyr walked up the street coming to the Cauldron's entrance. One of the most famous pubs in all of London. He looked up to read it's wooden old sign thinking of the strange fact that most all wizards had come to this pub at least once in their lives.

He looked back to the street corner a little less than a half a block away and read the clock on the side of the road. It showed 6:45. He wondered if Jack would even show. She hadn't seemed very intrigued at the idea of meeting him but then again she didn't look like someone who'd say yes if she had wanted to say no.

Just then an old man opened the door from the inside and walked past him without acknowledging him. Silvyr grabbed the door while moving out of the way so that the old man wouldn't run into him. Leah walked inside before him without paying the man any mind. When he looked back up to get a last look he saw that the old man was gone. No where to be seen on the streets anywhere. He wondered what had just happened as he walked inside. Was he going insane?

He looked around to see that the pub wasn't as full as he had expected and walked back towards the booth Leah had chosen to curl up into a ball in. He sat down next to her scanning the room to make sure Jack wasn't early. She wasn't, just as he had expected. "No worries", he thought to himself, "if she comes she comes."

He sat there gathering his thoughts before Jack arrived. He didn't want to waist anymore time with small talk. He just wanted advice. It wasn't normal for him to be in a situation where he was the lost one but it didn't bother him all that much. It was a normal walk of life, we are all lost and found until the right path is shown.

Before he knew it his thoughts had turned to memories of his last two years at hogwarts and how much time he spent getting ready for a life style he thought would last forever. Spending his time in the forest, studying occlumency, working on spells and charms. It all brought new questions into his mind.

He snapped out of it quickly when he looked up to see Jack walking towards him. He didn't know how long he had been sitting there lost in thought but before he could stand she had already sat in the seat in front of him.

Silvyr Svan
Silvyr Svan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 333
Special Abilities : Animagus, Occlumens

Back to top Go down

Trust is a tricky subject. Empty Re: Trust is a tricky subject.

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:11 am

Jack had to apparate home first, because if not her family would die. Her family being her loudmouth Jarvey and spectral hound. The two greeted her with a cuss word and a mellow wag of canine tail and she unloaded her work journal from the knapsack. She changed grabbed a bottle of water and washed it down before pulling the knapsack back on. She fed her family and headed for the door. "I'll be hoem soon," she said, before turning and disappearing into the night.

The Leaky Cauldron was already busy, though not as busy as it could be, considering the after work rush was beginning to lessen by this time. That was the plus side for never wanting to leave her job, she was rarely in a crowd. However, this crowd was a little more than she was used to. She walked over to the bar and ordered a Scotch and a soda. The soda was to quench her thirst for now. The Scotch was for later.

She recieved her drinks and paid for them, sliding the coins across the table to the bartender, who offered a smile. She turned away and scanned the busy pub, finding the face that had brought her here. She made a beeline, sipping her soda as she walked. She reached the table and pulled the chair out with her leg, setting her drinks down.

She plopped into her seat and reached for her soda, gulping half of it in a swallow. She sighed and shook her head, clearing the fuzz from her sinuses as she blinked at Silvyr. "So," she said. "What do you need?" She gulped the rest of the soda and pulled the Scotch towards her.
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 10287
Special Abilities : Occlumency
Occupation : Unspeakable | Beater for the Falmouth Falcons | Deed-Holder of Satan's

https://jackles-feels-feelings.polyvore.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvyr Svan Sat Nov 19, 2011 2:04 am

She had already ordered two drinks and finished one before she spoke to him. He noted that she was only there because she had told him she would be. It made him laugh slightly that she still had no idea why he had wanted to talk.

"It's nice to see that you found the place well enough." he said with a smile. The smile vanished as quickly as it had come.

He spoke softly. "If you don't mind I'm going to use my wand very quickly. I am not trying to hurt you, I just don't want our conversation to be over heard for reasons I'm sure you can guess. You can never be to safe in public." He had learned that the hard way a few times. When she nodded he put his hand to his wand and whispered. "muffliato" The next words to come out his mouth were a normal tone, straight forward, and with purpose. "I went to the ministry with the mindset of finding the person in charge and becoming an Auror. I've traveled for the past two years of my life witnessing first hand what the war has done to all types of people magical or not. It's sickening the way the Death Eaters continuously fight to become supreme over all walks of life." he paused and chose his next words carefully. "I can wrap my head around why they fight. My parents taught me a certain way and so I can see how my life would be different if they had had an opposite view on things." he paused again though only briefly. "But, my parents did teach me how not to be an animal. How to respect that which was never entitled to me, the other beings that walk this earth happily accepting others who were given the same right, and not seeing themselves as being better or above others because of the liquid that runs in their veins. If they were to taste some of it they would see that it is nothing more than the oil that allows for mammals to walk and breath. And judge." He petted Leah as she continued to rest next to him.

"We want to make a difference in this war finally. We've done what little we could while sitting in the stands but it's only been taking care of things that slipped under the radar of the Ministry. Never dealing with the true scum of the earth. I know that Leah and I could help but we are not willing to be some fouls pawns who is as blood thirsty as Ne'Os. I will not be ordered around by a new Dark Wizard posing as a Minister. Yet I refuse to stand around and do nothing. This is why I asked you to come here tonight." He looked around then back again at her.

"Listen you may not be an Auror but you do work in the ministry and I'm guessing word travels. Now when you spoke of having spoken out against Grindelwald I knew you were someone that could point me in the right direction. I want to fight the darkness that surrounds our world. We," he looked down at Leah who had sat up and was staring at Jack now with her green eyes. "want to do more and we want to help. If you don't know of anyone who can help us then I understand. It was only on a whim that I asked you to come here tonight being the situation that I was in today. Going to the ministry was a mistake but maybe some good could come out of it. If you don't know of anyone or anything then thank you for your time and we'll be leaving. It's not that we don't trust you, we just don't trust you." He said bluntly.

He watched her facial expressions keenly and kept his hand on his wand waiting to see if his judgement had been wrong. It was a possibility that he had been talking to a Death Eater who had friends in the bar. He'd have to be ready if something broke out.
Silvyr Svan
Silvyr Svan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Sat Nov 19, 2011 2:36 am

The man pulled out a wand and her hand slipped from the table and dropped it into her lap, falling onto the slight bulge in her pocket from her wand. Her fingers slipped into her pocket and she tensed, ready to whip her wand out if he made any sort of threatening move to her. She had learned that those you thought you could trust you could not, and the people you could not trust, you couldn't for very good reason.

But he just performed a simple spell she had used many times when she had been trying to set up a prank without interruption. She releaxed and reached for the alcoholic drink, taking an expert drink of it, enough to keep her from being hit with its full effects too soon, but enough to begin gradually relaxing her tense and worried body.

He began to explain their purpose for meeting, as she still hadn't the slightest idea as to why they were there. She listened, not watching him as much as she watched the clear swirling mass that was her drink when she rotated the glass and the creature beside him. Jack was an animal person, had to be in her line of work, and every creature was of interest to her.

She listened with a loof of indifference though she found some interest in his words. Interesting that his thought process was very like hers before her seventh year. She could not say she agreed with everything he said, though they did have the same basic ideals. But she had befriended too many Death Eaters and hated too many good guys to buy into his words.

"Well," she said finally, sipping her drink. "There is the Order. Right now, though, wer're focused on Grindelwald, not the Death Eaters. In fact... we have more or less teamed up with the Death Eaters. Trading one evil to get rid of the other."
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Occupation : Unspeakable | Beater for the Falmouth Falcons | Deed-Holder of Satan's

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvyr Svan Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:09 am

The seconds in between his last words and her first were agonizing. He instinctively scanned the room finding the exits and possible hazards. He had to find an escape route for both him and Leah without taking any spells to the back or sides. He remembered he had cast a protego spell on Leah before they left for the bar. This changed his game plan slightly yet instantly in his mind.

Then Jack spoke; when the word Order came out of her mouth a feeling, similar to the day his headmaster offered the opportunity to study Occlumency, washed over him though he kept a straight face. He watched her mouth in disbelief as she finished her sentence.

He allowed the feelings from the first time he heard this news come back and wash over his face once again. He felt the utter disbelief and anger that took control of his face. He listened to himself again and heard the words come out of himself again with such passion.

"What do you mean you've teamed up? Are you F*** kidding me? Do you guys stand for anything anymore?" He stopped talking and allowed himself to calm back down. He knew that throwing insults towards her wasn't going to help anyone. No matter how good it made him feel.

"Let me start again. Why is the Order teaming up with the Death Eaters?" He asked with an even tone. He understood that Grindelwald was a force to be reckoned with from what Aaron had told him but he never thought the Order and Death Eaters would move so quickly to Aarons manipulation. It made his body tingle just thinking about the corruption on both sides of the war. How deep it ran and how naive both sides were.
Silvyr Svan
Silvyr Svan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:29 am

He exploded and Jack tilted her drink again to her lips, not even blinking. Please. He would have throw her against the wall to get any sort of surprised or frightened reaction out of her. When someone you saved stabbed you, or tried to strangle you for offering comfort, you sort of got past getting startled by random outbursts of anger and frustration. Jack was relatively unshakeable.

He finally calmed himself down and she stared at him cooly, raising one of her eyebrows as she set down her glass. She finally spoke, saying, "Are you done?" She waited a moment, pausing to put the empty soda glass on a tray of a passing waitress. She reached up and rustled her mane, knowing she was probably aggravating the man across from her, and not caring.

Finally, she continued on, "Look. Grindelwald is different. The Order and The Death Eaters are not even threats anymore, because we can predict each other's moves like no other. Honestly they aren't much of a threat to anyone else. The Ministry has them under control, and they only ever target each other." She vaguely recognized the detached way she spoke of the Order. Interesting new development.

She reached up and rubbed her eyes tiredly, before saying, "The thing is, Grindelwald is doing much worse. He's restricting us all, stealing Death Eater's children and brainwashing them, he is doing terrible things to people and none of it even gets told. Trust me, I know," she said coldly. "And really, how bad are the Death Eaters compared to the Order? Killing someone because they could get in your way and sentencing someone to the Dementor's kiss because they did get in your way don't seem s different."
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvyr Svan Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:00 am

He listened to the information she was giving him which was a little more than familiar to him. He knew of the horrors that Grindelwald prided himself on these days. A monster with a smile. He truly was a deadly combination in this day and age. The mass of the wizarding world was so twisted and confused. Forced to believe anything the media wrote, which was all lies and falls trails.

What he had decided to keep to himself was that he had not been going to the Ministry just to get a job as an Auror. He had been going to get close to Grindelwald. Not an easy task indeed though Aaron had told him to go and take a look anyways. He wasn't one for taking orders so he took matters into his own hands. He could fight Grindelwald from the outside and be just as effective. Plus he had been waiting patiently for his chance to strike at the Death Eaters ranks. He wasn't interested in the tail of the snake. He wanted the head and there couldn't have been an easier way than now.

He knew that posing as a good guy would be the disguise he needed to do what he intended. Foolish people thinking that the good guys still played with a readied helping hand. No, he knew that both sides were sick and thirsty to show the others the pain they'd experienced. They just needed a push in the right direction.

"No, no I think your right I just feel that some sacrifices have to be made for the good of mankind, right. I don't know what the Order has done but I'm sure it can be justified with innocent lives that were saved through their 'evil', as you put it, actions. I want to make a difference though and if it's for the good of our world I can put my ego to the side. Like I'm sure many with much more hatred and larger egos have already done to make this little limited edition team up work." He waited for her to understand what it is he had said.

Leah looked up again to stare at Jack knowing what was coming next.

He looked at Jack with a straight face and determination in his eyes. "I want to join the Order."
Silvyr Svan
Silvyr Svan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:27 am

Jack sucked her lips inward, knowing that if she commented too much she would scare him off or start a long argument that she really did not have the patience to sit through. She simply did not buy into the superiority of either faction- ironic, seeing as she was in the Order. But the more she suggested this, the less her bond to the group was and the more she seemed like a threat than an ally. She was not planning on leaving, but she was not planning on becoming what she swore to fought against.

"Sure," was all she said, reaching for her glass again. She was trying to recruit him after al. Not for the Order, but to get back at Grindelwald. They needed numbers to take him down, and every ally counted as a step closer to getting rid of him once and for all. Jack was planning on doing whatever she could to get rid of that man.

He said he wanted to oin and she felt the time for her departure nearing. She nodded. "Well, you're in. We're really desperate for members honestly. If you could find Jess Potter, that'd be best. The next time there is a meeting, I'll shoot you an owl. The owls at the Ministry can find anyone." She stood, brushing her hair back and pulling on her hood. She reached down for her glass and downed the last of it. "Anything else?"
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvyr Svan Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:39 am

He relaxed when Jack's words of acceptance came in her usual manor. He cared nothing for why she had said yes. The only thing he was concerned with now was that the first step of a very long process was done. He knew that his life would be dramatically different.

He remained seated as Jack stood to leave. He looked up at her speaking before she turned to leave. He only had one thing left on his mind.

"Where is he at now?"
Silvyr Svan
Silvyr Svan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:44 am

Jack did not know what would be happening. She knew that at best, they had a war and a rebellion on their hands. At their worst, they could all very well be murdered, their deaths hidden or used against them to forward Grindelwald's plans. But she knew there was nowehere they could go, but forward. That was always where she went, and she knew even if she had to close her eyes and run, she would go move onward.

He asked where Jess was and she thought for a moment. He was not someone to just be approached, but he was reachable by owl. "He's at Hogwarts," was all she said before she turned and hurried on, moving between people, knowing her path would cross again with this stranger. No need to say good bye.
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top