Pain
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Pain Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Pain

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Pain Empty Pain

Post by Silvyr Svan Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:26 am

The horn, screeching tires, screaming, and worse the blood. Silvyr's mind was racing as he ran through the streets cradling Leah's limp body. He couldn't understand what had happened though the harder he tried to force himself to remember the more his memory failed to produce the images from moments ago.

Silvyr ran through the bustling streets weaving in and out of the people who would stop instantly after realizing what was in this frantic mans arms. Silvyr didn't notice though. As he ran he felt the warm damp fur rubbing on his arms and forarms causing the skin to become hot and sticky. His breathing was slow and steady, even though he looked like a man strung out while serving three life sentences in Azkaban.

He knew where to go and how far away it was which was the main part that worried him. He could get there in ten minutes if he was in his wolf form but that was out of the question. He had been running for the past ten minutes, each second came with a feeling of the last one he'd get with her, it would still take ten more minutes at an all out sprint until he would reach St. Mungo's. He looked down to see Leah's front and back right leg and paw that had been crushed and he began to run faster daring someone to get in his way. The fear ran through his body like poison as he got cloer and closer to the hospital.

The minutes went by slower and slower as he ran down the sidewalks and running through intersections with cars going full speed. He had almost been hit twice, one of which would have killed both of them instantly but it was worth it. He wouldn't let her die. He would protect like he had long ago in the woods near his home. He saw the Hospital in sight and ran towards the emergency wing. He wouldn't take no for an answer knowing that she needed help instatnly. The doors opened as he rushed through looking at the people who were at the desk and healers rushing around taking care of the problems of the night. He saw a man lying on a bed with what looked like open wounds all over his body. He didn't pay much attention to the sick people as he looked at a healer who was standing at the desk when he came in. He looked at her and then down at Leah, "Help her. Please!" were the only words he could get out without breaking down.
Silvyr Svan
Silvyr Svan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 333
Special Abilities : Animagus, Occlumens

Back to top Go down

Pain Empty Re: Pain

Post by Mariana Diggory Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:54 pm

It was a quiet day here at St.Mungo's apart from the couple of patients who were moaning about hospital food and being tied for the bed without company, or not enough anyway because they were both old retired wizzards with nothing better to do, but bother nurses and healers that were already overstuffed with work. It was Mariana's shift this afternoon and for the major part of the night.

Even though she was still working at St.Mungo's she had submitted her job application to Hogwarts school of witchcraft and wizzardry, working with students was much more easy for her. She was revising a chart enchanting the feather to change medication or write dismiss letters while she moved to the next chart as she was already delayed.

One moment it was totally silent then she heard footsteps so loud and in a hurry that she was wondering whether it was an earthquake after all, but it was too wild imagination even for her so she made the charts dissappear and put herself to listem. Footsteps were coming closer to the emergency room and apperently hitting and bursting the people out of their way. So much for the quiet day, but Mari liked healing challenges, it kept her mind occupied so the time went by more quick.

Finally someone burst inside carrying another limp body. The man walked streight to her while she looked stunned. After a moment, she recovered her posture and examined them both so quickly that she even amazed herself. Man looked like he was going to collapse any time now and the girl in his hands was bleeding rather persistantly. She raised her own wand and girl flew out of his arms into the empty bed. "What in the world happened?" she asked after levitating couple of bandages and a bottle of alchohol to her hand. She did not der use anything else untill she was sure that injury was not gotten by any particular way that could complicate things if she tried the use of certain enchanments and potions. She was cleaning the blood very fast summoning bandages while waiting for the answer to her question.
Mariana Diggory
Mariana Diggory

Number of posts : 16276

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvyr Svan Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:05 pm

((OOC Leah is a wolf Smile ))

He felt Leah's body become weightless as the Healer standing in front of him levitated her towards a bed and set her down gently. Everything seemed to be muffled though the feelings racing through his mind were clear and sharp. He couldn't live without her, he would be lost, where would he go, could he escape the pain?

The Healers voice broke his train of thought and brought him back to where they were. "I'm not sure. We were walking through Chelsea, next thing I know I heard a car horn and people shouting. I pushed my way through the people gathering in the street next to me to see her lying on the ground, blood flowing into a drain." The thoughts began to flood his mind with the images he had been suppressing for the last half hour. "I picked her up and ran here. I'm not a strong healer and there were muggles everywhere." He ran his hand through his hair hitting his forehead as the control of his limbs were limited with the uncontrollable shaking.

He looked like a zombie now standing in front of the kind Healer though it didn't occur to him that his hands were covered in her blood. He stood next to the bed watching as the Healer began wrapping her legs and paws with bandages. "It's going to be okay, I promise." he whispered to her as she whimpered slightly from the pain of her bloody mutilated legs.
Silvyr Svan
Silvyr Svan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Mariana Diggory Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:27 pm

[[OOC:Thanks for the tip Smile]]

Mariana was a little relieved that it wasn;t something far much complicated because it was already enough complex without it being an injury from the dark magic. Healing animals was a particulary hard buisness. "I think you should sit down, you look like you're going to faintt at any second. You're lucky you know if you can call it luck. Usually healers at St.Mungo's are not capatized to deal with animal injuries, but i took a course few weeks ago so it's a luck you came to me." she said trying to lift him up a little.

Her wand was once again in her hand though she was using her fingers to examine the extense of the injury. The wolf twitched a little, it must be painful for her. It was ironic considering Mari ran in her wolf form for fun and now she was actually trying to save one's life a thing she never imagined before. Maybe it was a same shy wolf she met on a mountain with Jess once though it was hard to say, there were dozens of wolves running around the forests.

"I feel couple of broken ribs and a broken bone too in her bleeding leg. The wound is deep that's why it keeps bleeding so much." Mari informed wolf's master or friend she was not quite sure at the time, but keeping the relatives of the patient updated seemed to calm them down a little in general. "Nothing that can't be fixed with a few potions, couple of spells and very long rest. I need to keep her for 2,3 days so i make sure the wound has sealed before I let her go home, but you will still need to make her rest once i;ve dismissed her.".

Mari grabbed a potion from inside her pocket and seemed to consider something really hard before she turned to Silvyr once more. "I need your consent to sleep her for a while, she will be in pain, spells don't work so well on animals as they do on humans and i cannot close her injury nevertheless, i need to replace the loss of blood." she said after a long silence.
Mariana Diggory
Mariana Diggory

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvyr Svan Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:55 am

He touched her head and petted her softly along her neck and ears. He wasn't sure what was wrong so he made sure not to bring her any added discomfort. He must have looked awful due to the Healers advice. He hadn't realized how heavily he was still breathing and how his forehead was still sweating. He looked up from Leah and addressed her, "No I'm not leaving her side. Thank you for caring though." He said with a slight smile. It was much as he could work up with his best friend in so much pain in front of him.

As he watched Leah being examined he continued to whisper words of encouragement to his friend. She twitched and winced a few times while she was being examined. He never took his hand from her, she wouldn't have to face this alone.

The healer began to list off the injuries she had and how she would have to fix them. He listened to her intently and nodded at her instructions for when she was healthy. She then paused before addressing him again upon Leah's status.

He thought about it for a few seconds but knew it was the right decision with the best for her in mind. "Yes, but please just give me one second before you do." He said while stepping away from the bed. With that he morphed into his more preferred form. His body shrunk into the white arctic wolf form that he found himself in every opportunity he got. He jumped up on the bed next to his friend and curled up into a ball as he laid down next to her while resting his head on hers. He looked looked the healer in the eyes and nodded slightly to her, telling her that she could proceed.
Silvyr Svan
Silvyr Svan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Mariana Diggory Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:17 pm

It was a very unusual sight of a man caring for a wolf like it was a human and like it could speak for himself. Mariana did like to adress animals not entierly sure they were listening to her, but this man seemed to even have feelings for the wolf. If she didn't know any better she would have guessed that it was his girlfriend or so to speak. She chased away the idea and decided to keep it for herself.

The man refused to leave which did not surprise Mariana at all, but it was worth of a try. "Okay take a chair and sit down then. If you collapse right now i am not sure i would be able to find someone to help you." she said thinking for herself and even though people tell me i am young, not even i can be at two places at once. she added a mental note to herself hoping that he would do as he was told.

She waited patiently for the man to say good bye to the wolf before she could sleep her. Once he was done. "Somnus." she said tapping the wolf on the chin. It instantly became sleepy and dazled off in a time of two seconds. The wolf was now deep asleep not knowing or feeling nothing at all. "Vigatus effergo.." she muttered for herself as the blood flow slew down, but the injury was still open anyway.

"It's a noble thing you're doing. Is she a friend of yours?" Mari said with a quiet calming tone. It was hard to show curiousity on her face while she was concetrating on healing the wolf in question. She was now using the spell to heal the fracture on the leg before she would go to the tricky part of putting the ribs back into place. Beauty of the magical healing is that she did not have to dig inside the body, only a little so she could see what she was doing.
Mariana Diggory
Mariana Diggory

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvyr Svan Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:31 pm

He felt Leah's heavy breathing on his throat as his head rested on top of hers. Though her body seemed limp he could feel the tension she had put on other muscles throughout her body to keep her weight off of the broken legs. He let out a soft whining sound to let her know she would be okay when he saw the Healer with her wand drawn. She touched the wand to Leah's chin and softly her body went completely limp. He could hear the pounding of her heart slow and at once he knew Leah was free from the pain. He licked her head one last time before Jumping from the bed again to allow the Healer to work.

He morphed back into his human form to speak to the Healer while she worked. She had asked him a question that he found it proper to respond to out of respect. He spoke as soon as his body was fully in his human form. "She's my best and only friend really. I don't know what I would have done had she died honestly. She found me in the woods near my home when I was nine and she has never left me since then." He continued staring at Leah while he spoke. Thinking of how lucky he was to have her in his life. He truly would be lost without her.

He watched while the Healer healed the wounds slowly. He knew it would be some what of a time consuming process but that didn't bother him. He looked back up at the Healer, "I'm Silvyr by the way." He went to extend his hand but remembered that her's were preoccupied at the time. "I don't believe we've met."
Silvyr Svan
Silvyr Svan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Mariana Diggory Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:07 pm

Even though detained in her body, once the effect of the spell was broken it would continue where it started off and the injury could not be sealed untill she was done replacing blood and healing the fractured bone. For the ribs she would have to cut in enough to fix them because apart from broken they also fell out off place and going in blind would be very risky. She watched as the man sat down sighing in relief. She had already considered the possibility that she would have to heal him at same time too, it wouldn't be the first time, but it was still stressful.

Mariana was listening to him with attenton though it did not seem so considering she was taking care of what she was doing. "It's intriguing i've never seen anything like it and trust me I saw a lot of strange things. What happened to your family? Your real human family I mean did you ever find out?" she asked while she was murmring spells to replace the blood loss, she had never done this to a wolf before, it was what made it intresting.

Only now she realized that she didn't even know what the name of the stranger was. What would Jess say to this she wondered. "It's a pleasure, but i'll have to shake your hand later anless you want to be covered in blood .. well not that you would mind.." she started off taking a closer look at him just now. He was already covered in blood. "Oh yes sorry i forgot about that." she said pointing the wand at him to make him clean again. "My name is Mariana Diggory, and Potter if you want, but nobody really calls me by my last name or last names anymore. I prefer Mari. Did you ever consider an auror career? Being able to turn into wolf at will is a good way to disguise yourself i am sure ministry would accept to train you." she asked without really thinking it. She could transform into a wolf too, and still was not an auror, but she waited for his reply anyway...
Mariana Diggory
Mariana Diggory

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvyr Svan Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:41 am

The Healer worked fast with her hands as she felt around searching for complications with Leah's wounds. He was some what surprised she was able to pay attention to him as well. He smiled inside knowing that Leah was in such good hands.

When she spoke of his family he knew he had given the wrong impression. "Oh no, my family is fine last time I checked. Though Leah and I are past due for a visit. Leah just showed up one day and she never left. I was raised in the wilderness though so I never go to be around other kids my age when I was younger so she was all that I had. My parents are amazing though, great people." He realized once he had finished that a smile had come to his face with the thought of them. Even with the events that were taking place.

She had noticed the attempt Silvyr had made of extending his hand. He felt foolish after she had spoken of why she clearly couldn't shake hands. "No, I understand. It was just habit." He felt even more ridiculous when she took the time to clean him up. Something he should have been capable of doing himself. It made him think, had he wanted to clean himself? Maybe it made him feel as if he were going through the same pain as well.

His thought process was broken when she spoke again. He couldn't help but notice the input of potter which made him wonder if he should bring up his own ties to a potter. They weren't strong of course but he did listen to the man out of respect for the order. The mention of the Aurors office made him smile and he shook his head. He had tried that path and luckily Jack had caught him when she did. He was easily moments away from giving his life to Grindlewald which was the way he looked at it. He started while his head was still shaking and with a slight smirk he addressed her thoughts openly.

"No, I luckily avoided that path. I'm on one that is similar but not completely the same. It's actually funny that you mention the name potter. I some what know a man who carries that name. You might no him. Jess." He said with a half questioning tone. "If you do then the rest of my comments before will make since. And yes, I cherish my ability of being a animagi. It's one of the few things in this world I do cherish anymore." he said, stairing the woman down in front of him gathering everything he needed to know from her facial expression about her knowledge of the man he had just spoken of. The leader of the Order of the Phoenix.
Silvyr Svan
Silvyr Svan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Mariana Diggory Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:08 pm

The broken bone was fixed as well as it could be in such short notice even though it would have to stay unmoved for a couple of days especially because this was a wolf and not human. Mariana took the vile of potion she grabbed from her pocket while asking for Silvyr's consent to sleep the wolf or Leah how apperently was wolf's name. After she was done replacing blood she put three drops inside the injury. It let out an essence of silver smog, but it was a good way of making bones stronger.

"Curious it sounds like a fairytale i once read called the jungle book while i lived with my grand father at Mexico. So you never considered to come back to civilization? I assume that this wolf is the reason am i correct?" she asked putting the vile back in her pocket after it served its purpose. After she was done she took a couple of stitches from the cupboard and started to make the curation process speed up with her wand.

It worked fairly well though it did not solve any greater troubles apart from the bleeding issue. "I know i was hoping to tease you a little to make you relax." she said more to herslef then for him.

Mariana raised an eyebrow. Why was auror a bad thing for him. She always wanted to become one though more then being an auror she liked to be a healer and it would make her loose the little free time she had if she took borh jobs first because the training would put her to her limits and even though sane as a horse she prefered to live as much of a quiet life as she could. "Why did you avoid it? You know aurors have high opinions about themselves/" she asked determined to understand why would auror career cause immediate displeasure to this man.

And when she thought nothing could surprise her, Silvyr asked the last question. She stared at him in disbelief. Of all the Potters he could have met, he met the one that meant most to her. It was a small world.indeed. "You, you know Jess?" she asked after a short pause looking up at him for the first time. She needed to remember to be cautious and that she had a patient on the bed so she quickly turned back to removing stitches from now sealed wound.
Mariana Diggory
Mariana Diggory

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top