enjoying the view - Page 3
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

enjoying the view - Page 3 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

enjoying the view

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

enjoying the view - Page 3 Empty Re: enjoying the view

Post by Malmuira "Moira" Crawford Sat Dec 24, 2011 7:38 pm

Her voice faded away as Sabe spoke and her eyes brightened slightly when he said that he was a Veela. "That would explain so much." she said softly, her cheeks turning a bright pink as she thought. She tilted her head slightly and shook her head. "Everyone falls at some point Sabe. No one's perfect, not even a Veela." she said. "We learn from the falls we take, and that's what makes us better at what we do. Don't we afraid to fall." she added.

Her eyes suddenly dullened and widened at his words. She lifted her hand instinctively up to her chest and clenched her shirt in her hand, staring at Sabe. Her grip on her shirt tightened with every word he said. Sapphire quickly shook her head and she stared at Sabriel with her widened eyes narrowing just a little. "No." she whispered. "No, you didn't sadden me, Sabe. I don't care if you aren't entertaining." she told him, extending her other hand to place it on his shoulder.

A smile formed on her mouth. "I... I actually like you the way you are." she said. "You don't have to be anything more." she added, feeling her cheeks burn.

[OOC: Sapphire's acting weird :3 -whispers- she doesn't know she's like starting to flirt XD]
Malmuira
Malmuira "Moira" Crawford
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Number of posts : 388

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabriel Gardinier Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:20 am

((OOC: Oh trust me, Sabe has no clue about his romantic undertones either. XD))

Sabriel blinked. He had been speaking aloud, yes, he had not expected Sapph to respond so passionately. As he let the other girl's words sink in, he smiled brightly. "You know," he admitted. "You sounded very sentimental. It is unusual, for you."

He gave a small laugh and sighed. "Sorry; you just made me happy. I have become too bold as an effect. Sorry for that statement. We just met, and I am already deciding what is uncommon or common about you." He stood, before registering the lingering presence of Sapph's iPod and the earphone inside his ear. The music had stopped, leaving behind a somewhat empty silence. It had not occurred to him how .. filling the sound of the music was. Now that the woman's voice was gone, he had the sense that something was missing.

Sitting back down, he took the iPod in his small hands. With a hesitant glance at Saph, he prodded at it in a way he'd seen the girl do it. He almost jumped when another song started. "What's this one?" he asked, as new vocals filled his ear. His lip quirked. What a strange device .. Summoning the voices of others by sheer command ..

((OOC: Please forgive Sabe's tinkering with the iPod and the assumption that there are other songs. XDDD))
Sabriel Gardinier
Sabriel Gardinier

Number of posts : 135

Back to top Go down

Post by Malmuira "Moira" Crawford Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:54 am

[OOC: Ah, the innocent flirting of children XD]

Sapphire smiled and laughed slightly as Sabriel spoke. "Oh, don't worry about it, Sabe." she said softly. "What you just said, its actually very true. I don't usually talk like that, but I don't know, I guess it just happened." she told him, trying to explain why she had sounded like that, even to herself. She hardly ever talked like that, maybe once or twice before, but she never sounded the way she did now. It was weird, even more to her.

With what she had said to Sabriel, she had completely forgotten about the fact that the music had stopped. She didn't even remember when it had stopped. Sapphire still didn't notice until she felt Sabriel take the iPod from her hands. She watched him as he tried to figure it out and she almost laughed at his reaction to the next song that came up in the playlist. When he asked what the song was, she leaned in toward him to check the screen of the device.

"Look here." she pointed to a certain place on the screen. "When a new song starts, if you look at this part of the screen, it shows the name of the song." she explained it to him. Sapphire quickly moved her bangs out of the way of her eyes, before she continued. "Looks like it's still the same band. Misery Business. That's the name of this song." she said, as she listened to the wild beat of the new song.

[OOC: Sapphire doesn't mind, he can do whatever he wants to the thing and she won't care XDD]
Malmuira
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabriel Gardinier Sat Dec 31, 2011 4:26 am

((OOC: IKR? It's so CUTE! ^_^ *spazzes*))

Sabriel glanced back at the device. True to Sapphire's claims, the letters 'Misery's Business: Paramore' glared back up at him. He frowned, feeling foolish even as the music screamed up into his skull and clamored around in his brain. Initially he found the ordeal unpleasant, but grew more comfortable with it after a moment. Oh. That was the chorus.

These lyrics were fast-paced. Sabriel tried to keep up with what the woman was saying (it was the same voice after all) even as the lyrics threatened to blur, leaving mostly the beat for him to contend with.

"Second chances, they don't ever matter
    Because people never change
    Once a whore, you're nothing more
    I'm sorry that'll never change
    And about forgiveness
    We're both supposed to have exchanged
    I'm sorry, honey, but I passed it up."

Passing up? Passed it up? Oh well.

Well, what he wanted most of all was to change. He supposed focusing on the lyrics would just unravel him, so he leaned back and just let the music take him. Again, the nodding and tapping started. It was unconscious and Sabriel almost had no idea he was doing it at all. After another moment the song hit another crescendo, and Sabe passed Sapph yet one more curious, almost suffering look. "If she's not talking to me," he told her. "Then who is she talking to?"
Sabriel Gardinier
Sabriel Gardinier

Number of posts : 135

Back to top Go down

Post by Malmuira "Moira" Crawford Sat Dec 31, 2011 5:33 pm

[OOC: *laughs* yeah, it really is]

This song was one Sapphire could really enjoy, more so than the previous one. This one was more wild and free than the other one, it wasn't as sad either. Anyone who just listened to the song and not the meaning behind the it, wouldn't understand what that meant. The singer exposed her feelings a lot in Decode, she exposed feelings that wouldn't be able to be exposed if she wasn't singing, they were feelings that everyone had in them. Feelings that could only be exposed when music was flowing through them.

The words began to flow from her once more, and without even being asked to sing, she did it. Sapphire didn't know if Sabriel wanted to hear her sing anymore, but at this point she didn't care. When she heard music, she sang, and nothing could stop her from doing it. It's like her body(and mouth) got a mind of it's own and she couldn't really control it. "Now look this way! Well there's a million other girl who do it just like you, looking as innocent as possible to get to who..."

She cut herself off when she heard Sabriel's question. Sapphire blinked for a moment and bit the inside of her lip before she was able to respond to his question. "Um... well, it depends." she began. "It's really that she isn't talking to one specific person, like in this song, she's talking to everyone who is like the girl she describes in it." she explained. "The girl here thinks she's better than everyone else and she wears a lot of make up and things like that to show that she is better. She causes pain to other girls by taking their... boyfriends away from them. She wants to be the leader of everything and everyone." she continued. "But the singer is telling this girl and everyone like her, that not everything is about them, and that not everything goes the way they want it too." she told him. It was amazing how in depth she got when she talked about music. It was really amazing, even to her.
Malmuira
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top