Tomorrow is a new day
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Tomorrow is a new day Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Tomorrow is a new day

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Tomorrow is a new day Empty Tomorrow is a new day

Post by Rhys O'Neill Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:04 am

So... tired....

Rhys had her head laying on an open book in front of her. She was so tired, and she pretty much just wanted to sleep. How long had she been awake? All night, yes... she had been awake. She was exhausted, absolutely exhausted. But she couldn't go to sleep yet, she had homework, lots, and lots of homework. The sun was coming up, and she was nearly done, but.. she was so tired, just a nap, a nap would do well. Rhys pressed her cheek against her book and groaned, pulling herself out of her chair, and walking around the room, trying to shake herself awake.

"Wake up Rhys... Wake up!" She told herself, and slapped her own cheek, trying to make herself wake up, and after a moment, she sat down by the fire, until she was fast asleep, within seconds she was out, and snoring by the fire.
Rhys O'Neill
Rhys O'Neill
Fifth Year Gryffindor
Fifth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 167

Back to top Go down

Tomorrow is a new day Empty Re: Tomorrow is a new day

Post by Brian Sullivan Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:49 am

Brian rushed into the common room as quickly as he could while trying to be quiet at the same time. He was covered in sweat which was easily noticeable because it had matted his hair to his head. Though it was cold outside he was wearing nothing but a plain black shirt and a pair of pants and it was easy to tell he had been running around. His eyes scanned the room for a place to hide and he quickly sprinted in the direction of the fireplace.

He jumped high over the couch and landed softly on the other side. For such a small stature, he moved very quickly and his speed was a little surprising for his size. He knew his friends would never check the common room, because they never checked there, but he had been IT way to many times that day and he decided on hiding in the best place. It was were one went when he was really desperate for a hiding spot and when no one could be found, it was the place to check. A kind of lazy mans hide and go seek.

He slid onto his knees and plopped down behind a table right next to the fireplace. Once he was rested he realized just how winded he was, breathing in and out very rapidly. The fire next to him, which usually would have been very warming on his face, was way to hot and made him sweat even more. He used the sleeve of his shirt to wipe the sweat off of his face and that's when he noticed the girl snoring in front of him.

A grin emerged on his face when he saw her, he always loved seeing people asleep from studying to much. He stared at her for a few moments until he realized it was Rhys, another student his age that he knew of, but they had never really talked much. Leaning forward, he tapped his finger on her shoulder and spoke loudly "It is way to early for you to be sleeping!" He proclaimed loudly with a smile. "You'll sleep your life away if you aren't careful!"
Brian Sullivan
Brian Sullivan
Fifth Year Gryffindor
Fifth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 279

Back to top Go down

Post by Allen Tobias Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:11 am

Allen couldn't believe what had happened. He had been in the owlery and sending a message to his parents, like he usually did, when he had fallen down most of the stairs. He was pretty much sore all over his stomach and back, and bruised some on his forearms. In layman's terms, he was hurt and he just wanted to sit and take some Aleeve or something. He walked into the corridor, surprised by the fact that his legs were not as badly as hurt as his upper torso. He came into the common room and examined the familiar sight. Red and orange everywhere and many different types of furnishings. He spotted what appeared to be the most comfortable chair of his life and instantly jogged over to sit in it.

He sat in the chair and instantly felt relief. His legs were struggling to just keep up with him at that moment and now they had a chance to just relax and enjoy themselves. He closed his eyes as he sat, feelings his soft hair gently touch his closed eyelids.

"God..." he muttered to himself.

He opened his eyes slowly and quickly felt surprised as he saw Rhys and some other Gryffindor kid sitting right by him. He blinked a couple times, too surprised to really say anything.

"Uhhh..." he said in a casual voice "Hello?"
Allen Tobias
Allen Tobias

Number of posts : 126

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhys O'Neill Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:32 am

Rhys was awoken by a tap on her shoulder, and she jumped up, her hands going up in a karate chop, she flung herself around and realized she was being watched, by at least two guys. "Oi! Don't rape me or anything please, I was just sitting down for a second, I'll get right to my homework I swear." She said sleepily, looking like she might drop dead from exhaustion. "Seriously! I won't tell anyone, and I promise I'll do whatever you say.. just let me go.." she looked around at them and then snapped out of it. "Oh... hey.. I"m.. I'm sorry, I'm so tired." Rhys fell back onto the chair and groaned, putting her hands over her eyes. "I'm not even done yet.. I'm so close... I just.." She muttered and felt her eyes starting to close again.

She looked at the boys and realized she must be extremely funny to them right now. "Don't judge me... I'm exhausted..." She muttered, looking at the boys and then putting her hands over her face, trying to wake herself up. "Merlin! I need to get it done!" She pulled herself off the couch and then looked at the boys. "You two laugh, and I'll kick you where the sun don't shine." She said and glared daggers before moving back to the table that had her stuff on it.
Rhys O'Neill
Rhys O'Neill
Fifth Year Gryffindor
Fifth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Sullivan Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:44 am

Brian noticed the newcomer out of the corner of his eye. He also recognized this boy as Allen. But he did not have time to say anything because the girl he had just tapped had turned around and was going on about them.... raping her? A huge grin came across his face when she did this and he began to laugh loudly. She finally came to and he stopped laughing as she threatened to kick him in his privates. Instantly he covered himself but he did not stand up.

"We are not here to rape you!" He proclaimed with a grin. When she stood up, he followed suit and stretched, feeling his body starting to cool down. "What are you working on anyways? It can't be that hard!" He quickly made his way over to where she was and he peeked over her shoulder to try and see what she was doing in the first place. He realized quickly that he did not really care what she was studying, and though he looked, he did not even see what she was working on. He turned his attention to the newcomer.

"You are Allen, right?" He asked casually, seeing a couch and jumping over it and landing in a sitting position on the other side. "I am Brian." He said matter of factly, trying to get the pleasantries out of the way. Most of the people around the common room mostly knew who he was, he was usually pretty social, but there were still those who did not know him. "I have seen you around the school before....."
Brian Sullivan
Brian Sullivan
Fifth Year Gryffindor
Fifth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhys O'Neill Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:53 am

Rhys glared at him when he laughed, and then again when he tried to stand behind her, she sent an elbow jam towards him, but he walked out of the way and she missed. "Damn.." She muttered and watched him go over to the other kid in the room. She sighed heavily and ran her hand over her face before she stood up and went and sat next to him. "I can't work.. you two are to noisy, and I may just pass out if I stare at it any longer.." She said with a sigh as she relaxed on the couch, trying to sink into it's depths. "I haven't slept all week.. and I mean that literally.. not a wink... except for that.. what two seconds, you caught me asleep.. yeah... I'm exhausted... helps that I had detention, AND I have homework!" She gave an exasperated groan and looked at the two. "Rhys..." She announced to them.

"Rhys O'Neill..." She knew she had a strong, random, accent, one that sounded as though she had never settled in one place and she had just picked up every accent on the planet, but she didn't even care at that point, and saying her name, she couldn't help but wince at her own voice. "Damn.. I need to shut up.." She said shaking her head and groaning at the headache. "Do either of you know a way to sleep but not actually sleep, that doesn't involve a crash at the end of it?" She asked rubbing her temples.
Rhys O'Neill
Rhys O'Neill
Fifth Year Gryffindor
Fifth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Allen Tobias Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:59 am

Allen was a bit surprised when Rhys immediately thought he was going to rape her. Did Allen look like a rapist? Because, if he did, he would need a new image or something. He did look like an emo though, mainly from the responses of most people. He wasn't popular, yet he did hear things of course. He watched her walk away and wondered why she had been exhausted. Studying? Who did that anyway?

He looked at the other kid, who identified himself as Brian. He apparently knew his name, much to Allen's surprise. He had seen this kid walk around several times, yet not as much as Brain made it sound like. "Yeah, I'm Allen," replied the Gryffindor "and I'm not sure if I have seen you around that much. I take it your a fourth year?"

Obvious enough, but then again, that was the only way Allen really started a conversation. With the most obvious statements.
Allen Tobias
Allen Tobias

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Sullivan Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:28 am

Brian noted a few things about both of them right off the bat. Rhys, he noticed, seemed to be very talkative. He could not tell if it was her lack of sleep or if she was always like that. He did enjoy it when people talked, so many people were so shy around Hogwarts in that day and age. Allen was a bit different. He dressed different and seemed to have a very curt way of dealing with things. It was not a problem, but he was unsure if the boy liked him or not.

"I notice people...." Brian said while looking at Allen. "I am good with names and usually remember everyone from my year and house. Had four years to do it." He beamed when he said it, a little proud of his accomplishment. He made a point of trying to be everyone's friend, regardless of house. He then turned to Rhys and he shook his head with a smile on it. "Why don't you just get some rest? I mean an hour or two wont hurt will it?"
Brian Sullivan
Brian Sullivan
Fifth Year Gryffindor
Fifth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Allen Tobias Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:34 am

Allen chuckled slightly. Brain seemed to know what he was doing, and he toke note of that. Perhaps Brain knew a lot about the school, or at least more than what Allen knew. That could be a valuable asset. "A lot better than me I suppose," he pointed out "I'm usually just one to pass on by without a thought." He looked back at Rhys and wondered how long she had stayed up anyway. She seemed to be past the point of conscientiousness and had to use any reserve energy to stand up!

"Yeah," Allen said towards Rhys, showing a normal smile "Otherwise the devil may show up early." Was that even a saying? Oh well, it was now.
Allen Tobias
Allen Tobias

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhys O'Neill Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:53 pm

Rhys stared at the boys as they tried to convince her to get some sleep. "Sleep?" She asked, frowning and then shook her head. "I don't even know the meaning of that word anymore.." She said rubbing her temples and shaking her head. "I may just pass out.. but I know you'll make fun of me if I do.. right?" She asked, smirking at them and leaning back into the depths of the couch, trying to stay awake, but to tired too. "Why are you up anyway? Isn't it like... really early? Or is it morning?" Rhys suddenly jumped up and stared at them both. "What time is it?" She asked staring at them, her eyes wide, a slightly wild, sleep deprived look in them.

She felt like she was going insane, totally and completely insane, if she didn't sleep soon she just might well go insane. "Oh Merlin..." She muttered and fell back against the couch. "Just.. keep talking, ignore me.. I'm going insane.." She muttered and closed her eyes, focusing on anything but trying to sleep, though her eyes were closed, she focused on the boy's positions in the room, and listened to their voices.
Rhys O'Neill
Rhys O'Neill
Fifth Year Gryffindor
Fifth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top