Observe the Lion Entering the Den!
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Observe the Lion Entering the Den! Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Observe the Lion Entering the Den!

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Observe the Lion Entering the Den! Empty Observe the Lion Entering the Den!

Post by James William Wilson Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:35 am

In such a short period, the situation was getting out of hand in the world. Of course, he was not afraid, he had experience with problems, but the children of this school, his pupils, needed protection from such perils as they weren't experienced enough to cope with the challenges the world would place upon them. That is why he decided to visit his House, that is why he decided to talk with them. They needed his help. Some of them did not deserve it, some of them did not want it, but it would be given to them, as it had been said a long time ago - Help will always be given in Hogwarts, to those who ask.

He said the password, and, upon passing the Fat Lady, he entered the Common Room and took a seat in the chair near the fireplace. Some of the faces observed the tall professor with pure amazement, but as they were more afraid of him than they were fond, they returned to their tasks without even greeting their Head of House. He just smiled. He drew his wand, positioned it on his vocal chords and then said: ''All Gryffindors report to the Common Room, immediately!''

Upon repeating the message three times, he put his wand back into his jacket and waited for his pupils to gather.
James William Wilson
James William Wilson

Number of posts : 1085

Back to top Go down

Observe the Lion Entering the Den! Empty Re: Observe the Lion Entering the Den!

Post by Samuel Grigori Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:55 am

It was really rather irritating, in Sam's own opinion, to be woken up just after slipping into an early evening nap for yourself.

Y'see, he'd gone to the effort of clearing his Homework schedule (Something he was immensely proud of) and tiring himself out with various events all day, finishing up with a stomach stuffing meal which left him feeling incredibly lethargic and ready for sleep even as the sun's rays were only just disappearing over the horizon. Sam was a night owl, so he'd been incredibly excited for the long night of sleep that was ahead of him.

So when Professor Wilson, head of Gryffindor House decided to call some sort of house gathering he found himself feeling incredibly irritated as he clambered out of bed and quickly changed into something a little better suited for greeting the whole house than a set of flannelette tartan pyjamas.

"What?" he grumbled as he made his way down the dormitory staircase. "What's going on? Who's dead?" He asked no one in particular, spotting the comfy couch and collapsing in it, sprawling out so that he could reserve a spot for his friends to sit with him.
Samuel Grigori
Samuel Grigori

Number of posts : 318

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhys O'Neill Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:43 pm

Rhys was attempting to cram in some homework before the end of the night. She NEEDED sleep that night, she had stayed up all night the previous night doing homework. But tonight.. she HAD to get it done! She just had to! She had no time, and so much homework, and her inability to get up from her book, when a loud voice boomed out, she nearly cracked. She jumped to her feet, her wand pointed around the room as the voice repeated its message three times. It wasn't until the second time he said it though that she understood, and she slowly put her wand down, looking for the voices owner.

A professor had walked into the room without her noticing, which was odd because everyone was staring at him now. She groaned when she realized she was going to have to stay up all night again because of this stupid meeting, and she sunk down in her chair, her eyes darting around the room before she stood up and crossed her arms, leaning against the wall by the fire and staring at the professor who had called their attention.
Rhys O'Neill
Rhys O'Neill
Fifth Year Gryffindor
Fifth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 167

Back to top Go down

Post by Louis Weasley1 Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:16 pm

"SOMEBODY BETTER BE DEAD!" Louis yelled being grumpy, when someone woke him up, one time Dominique had woke him up and he literally almost chocked her to death, if it hadn't been for his dad coming in, Dominique would be dead, and Louis would've been charged for second degree murder. But Louis didn't mind, for a while his parent's had to cast a silence charm in his room, one time Victoire had come crashing through Louis' window while he was sleeping and he killed literally almost broke her head.

Louis gripped his wand hard and walked down, "WHO THE HELL WOKE ME UP?!?" Then saw his proffessor, "Oh, heh, sorry."
Louis Weasley1
Louis Weasley1
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 490

Back to top Go down

Post by Celeste Preis Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:49 pm

Celeste was seated in the common room, her gaze fixed on a book in her lap. She had been reading for the past hour, and was hoping for an early night's sleep. Such a pity that she couldn't even finish the page, for the call from her head of house had seemed urgent. Looking up from a comfortable arm chair, she sighed and closed the book, memorizing the page and hoping that she would have time to read more later. Realizing that she most likely would have benefited more from some studying, even though it was too late now to start, the girl bit her lip and tried to pay attention to the man before he began the meeting.

Considering what Professor Wilson was actually calling the Gryffindors into the room for, she couldn't help but smirk at the male who entered, yelling for who woke him up. She had never been a heavy sleeper, nor did she find it that a full night's sleep was necessary to function like it appeared that most teenagers did. In addition, what was with everybody and thinking that a called meeting pointed toward somebody being dead? Sighing, Celeste wondered if the next words that left the head of house's mouth would really be overly important. Returning her full attention to the man, she silenced her other thoughts and waited to listen.
Celeste Preis
Celeste Preis

Number of posts : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Samuel Grigori Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:25 pm

((Louis, it's actually quite early in the evening, Sam's whole frustration was over his attempts at getting a solid 12 hours of sleep being foiled, not at being woken up, so unless Louis was trying to do the exact same thing on the same night as Sam, seems a little silly Razz
No problems with it though, there's no reason why he shouldn't be, just pointing it out in case you misunderstood the setting to be late at night or something))

Sam sighed as he heard Louis come crashing down the stairs, screaming about something or another, most likely the meeting being called, and just generally causing a bit of a commotion, as he usually seemed to do. Despite his own mild annoyance at the noise he was creating, Sam couldn't help but understand where the boy was coming from. Surely it wouldn't've killed Professor Wilson to come up an hour earlier to talk to them, whilst the sun was still up.

"Good book?" He asked a girl he didn't recognise immediately after a few minutes of sitting there, watching as more and more Gryffindors made their way into the common room. Small talk, bah, how low conversational standards had fallen nowadays.

Turning in his chair as he heard a groan coming from somewhere in the room, Sam spotted Rhys walking to one of the walls, turning her back to it and leaning against it, her expression mirroring that of most of the other people's in the room.

"Rhys," he called out, gesturing for her to come and sit on the couch next to him, "Come on," he urged.
Samuel Grigori
Samuel Grigori

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhys O'Neill Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:47 pm

Rhys saw Louis come crashing downstairs, and she frowned. Did he have to make such a commotion? Her head was splitting wide open already.. The whole room felt kinda fuzzy, and the noise Louis was making was totally uncalled for. She ran her hand over her temples, until she heard her name, and looked up to see Sam sitting on a couch, gesturing her over. She moved over to him and sat down beside him, groaning and leaning her head against his shoulder. "My head hurts so badly.. stupid homework. "She said, closing her eyes and continuing to rub her temples.

"I sure hope this meeting is fast.. I still have so much to do! I swear.. they are killing me... I almost thought about skipping my jog this morning because of it... then I realized that was no reason to be lazy, so I did it anyway... which is why.. well, I'm late again today." She said and kept her head rested against his shoulder, her eyes closed, super tired, her head hurting, and unable to keep her head up while she waited for the professor to start this little meeting of his.
Rhys O'Neill
Rhys O'Neill
Fifth Year Gryffindor
Fifth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Colin Firethorn Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:36 am

Andrew didn't trust much of anybody this year. His life had been turned upside down. He'd pulled away from everyone and everything. Pretty much. He'd taken to spending as much time by himself as possible. Most of it smoking cigarettes he regularly pilfered away from Professor Tremaine. He suspected Professor Tremaine might be onto him by now, but he'd never said anything to Andrew.

Andrew rose early, came in late, sometimes cut classes, told no one where he went or what he did. And it actually was fairly lonely business. He'd even lost track of his relationship with the one good friend he did have--Sam. And he missed Sam. He wasn't sure who he could trust. Except Tremaine. He was debating on whether he could count Wilson amongst his allies this year. He always had before. Wilson had done nothing to make him doubt that trust. But this did appear to be quite different this year for a number of reasons.

He slipped quietly down from the dorm room and took a place in the closest straightback chair in the common room and simply waited. He'd reverted to going back to the shadows and trying to not be noticed any more than possible. It was necessary. If he had a moment with Wilson alone, then perhaps he might take the risk to ask. Now was not the time, though. When he saw Wilson there, he was hoping that the professor himself would tell, inadvertently, whether he was the person Andrew needed.
Colin Firethorn
Colin Firethorn
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Number of posts : 310

Back to top Go down

Post by Samuel Grigori Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:38 pm

Sam let out a bark of laughter as Rhys complained about her homework, trying his best not to let some condescending "Back when I was in fourth year" remark, despite the fact that he knew that the workload was in fact really quite hard in the fourth year (But oh, how much fun it could be to torment the lower years)

It was comforting however to have Rhys snuggling up against his shoulder, sometimes sleep deprivation was worth just a few moments of peace and quiet such as this one. "Well," he said, struggling a little to not start chuckling. "Well, I suppose it's worth it, if that's what you enjoy doing. You'll have to forgive me though if I don't immediately feel sorry for you because you chose not to study," he said, poking his tongue out at her when he finished speaking.

Hearing yet another set of footsteps approaching the common room Sam twisted in his seat, taking care not to dislodge Rhys who appeared to be on the verge of sleep. "Andrew?" He asked quietly, not entirely sure if it was his friend or not. "Hey, dude, long time no see, pull up some couch," he called out, waving at the boy and patting a patch of couch on the other side of Rhys.
Samuel Grigori
Samuel Grigori

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhys O'Neill Sat Oct 08, 2011 4:17 pm

Rhys couldn't help but groan when he made fun of her for putting off her homework. "I have not put it off!" She said hitting his leg lightly with her closed fist, but leaving her hand there, fist closed as she closed her eyes again. "They just keep giving me more.. and I'm not smart enough to deal with it all... so... I just spend all night, working on it, cause I go slowly.." She said frowning and snuggling in closer to him when he moved slightly and started to talk to someone else. She didn't mind though, it meant she could get a few seconds peace, just inhaling how good he smelt. For some reason, no matter where she was at, what was going on, she just felt.. happy if she could smell Sam there. He had to have the best smell she had ever smelt, though still... it seemed so familiar to her.

Curling up against him, she realized someone else might sit on the other side of her, so she moved a bit closer to Sam, opening up a space and keeping her eyes closed, trying hard not to drool, because of how comfortable she was. Her eyes were closed and her breathing was getting heavier, how in the world had she not realized how comfortable it could be to sleep like this? His shoulder was just.. made for her to lay her head on and snuggle up close, and he was warm, something sleeping alone never happened quickly with. He was just.. warm. Rhys knew that she had to keep awake though, she just.. had to. So in an upset way, she lifted her head off his shoulder and yawned, looking around the room. "When is this meeting starting anyway? I wanna go back to sleep." She said, patting his shoulder with her hand and smiling at Sam for a moment before she looked at Andrew. "I'm Rhys.. by the way... sorry if I stole your friend..." She smiled at him, pronouncing her name like Rice.
Rhys O'Neill
Rhys O'Neill
Fifth Year Gryffindor
Fifth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top