A lion among snakes
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A lion among snakes Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A lion among snakes

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A lion among snakes Empty A lion among snakes

Post by Stephen Meyers Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:24 pm

This is Stephen.

You've probably passed by him in the halls, sat by him or ahead of him in Transfiguration, or even asked him for some tips at Potions, but didn't really notice him. He's a nice guy when one comes to meet him though, just lonely. Most of the times he's stuck on his whole world of endless thoughts or just looks too busy not to show how lonely he actually feels. Perhaps, he had knows your name from the time you introduced yourself shortly when you came to him for help with the Defense Against Dark Arts assignment. Perhaps he knows your face from the time you worked together at Herbology. But how could that feeling ever return when he is only one person in a school full of people?

What does he need?
Friends? Of course. The more the better for a life cannot be lived if not in the company of others. Enemies? Well, one cannot make friends without making any enemies, so why not? Love interest? What is a life without love, after all? A healthy crush is enough to make sure a heart still works, but nothing too serious. Too young and dumb to realize...

If interested, please feel free to post a reply or send me a PM. Hope we find something great to write!
Stephen Meyers
Stephen Meyers
Fourth Year Gryffindor
Fourth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 162

Back to top Go down

A lion among snakes Empty Re: A lion among snakes

Post by Jonathan Finch-Fletchley Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:41 pm

Okay, hi! I'm glad Stephen was accepted!

I have a list with all my characters here, but I think Jonathan, Aleksa and probably my two Gryffindors - Hit and Freyja, could be the best fits. Let me know if anyone else gets your attention, though!
Jonathan Finch-Fletchley
Jonathan Finch-Fletchley
Fourth Year Hufflepuff
Fourth Year Hufflepuff

Number of posts : 153

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephen Meyers Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:30 pm

Hi! Yes, I am too and most excited about all of this.

I took a look at your list and I must say I think the same way. I've noticed many of your characters are werewolves and vampires and though I do love werewolves (Lupin 4ever) I have no idea of how I could put Stephen into them without having him turned which is not my idea of staring his story. I was thinking either Jonathan and Aleska would do fine for a start since they are around the same age. But since they are on different houses maybe they could meet during a class or at the library or anywhere else around Hogwarts because it is huge!!! I would love some interrelationship with older characters as well so I am not dropping Hit and Freyja.
Stephen Meyers
Stephen Meyers
Fourth Year Gryffindor
Fourth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Finch-Fletchley Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:21 pm

Haha, that's perfectly fine! Although, having a character be turned isn't the only way to have them be around the creatures. For example, Hit is human but is best friends with Ryo who is a vampire. She thinks the idea of being one is cool, but isn't going to be one any time soon.

But, because of her friendship with Ryo, she knows quite a bit about vampires and can usually handle being around them well. That's why she's also helping take care of Ekko Augustine (another character of mine) because she just found out she's a half-vampire.

Anyways, does Stephen like quidditch? That could be a way he and Jonathan meet/interact because while he's too scared to actually play, he goes to the stadium to watch practices and such. He usually hides, though.

That's if you want him to start out with a friend.

Aleksa tends to dislike everyone, or at least be very sarcastic with them and that tends to get her enemies or people who dislike her back. So it's up to you who to start with. Unless you want to do both and we each start a thread.
Jonathan Finch-Fletchley
Jonathan Finch-Fletchley
Fourth Year Hufflepuff
Fourth Year Hufflepuff

Number of posts : 153

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephen Meyers Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:54 pm

No, I know. But for what I've gathered they aren't exactly in Hogwarts but live in a pack somewhere... So unless any of them usually comes around or maybe goes to the Muggle world around where Stephen lives, I can't imagine him crossing paths with them. But you know them best so if you have any idea of a way, feel free to suggest it. And I've seen that. You have quite a plot going on there.

Stephen is a sports person. And I could see him sneaking Hogwarts at weekends to go practice alone since he does not have many friends and isn't part of the team. He thinks he is not goo enough so he didn't even think of trying. That could be a way for them to meet, I believe.

And I wouldn't mind a rivalry as well. I find them rather interesting to write. So I am definitely up for each one of us to start a thread Smile Which one would you like to start?
Stephen Meyers
Stephen Meyers
Fourth Year Gryffindor
Fourth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Medusa Hunt Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:12 pm

Medusa just gotten accepted, she can be a good friend of his.
Medusa Hunt
Medusa Hunt
Fifth Year Ravenclaw
Fifth Year Ravenclaw

Number of posts : 101

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephen Meyers Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:30 pm

That is great! She looks really nice to me and she and Stephen seem to have much in common specially for their self defense characteristics. Since she's a year older they would have to meet out classes and obviously out of the common room. You say she likes to explore or did so in her first years in Hogwarts. Does she do that still in her fourth year? Because I could see her just running into Stephen while he was somewhere in the school while he was, maybe in his hiding out. I think I would have one since the common room and any other place in the castle really may get rather crowdy sometimes.
Stephen Meyers
Stephen Meyers
Fourth Year Gryffindor
Fourth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Ekko D'Eath-Augustine Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:42 pm

I've been obsessed with Jonathan so I'll start a thread with him if you can start one for Aleksa!

Oh, and he can get involved with werewolves through Jon's older brother, Nathan, once Jonathan gets over his fear? I also have some things planned with Dylan, once he gets 'saved' from the pack he's in right now, so he'll be an option soon!
Ekko D'Eath-Augustine
Ekko D'Eath-Augustine
First Year Ravenclaw
First Year Ravenclaw

Number of posts : 424

http://twoworldscollide.forumsmotions.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephen Meyers Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:53 pm

Sure. Go ahead. Where can Aleksa most likely be found?

That sounds interesting. As long as Stephen doesn't turn into one - for now, who knows? - I'm up to it.
Stephen Meyers
Stephen Meyers
Fourth Year Gryffindor
Fourth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Ekko D'Eath-Augustine Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:59 pm

That's a tough one, tbh. Usually it's the common room, but since they aren't in the same house, probably the library.

Nathan doesn't like the idea of turning someone because of things that happened during his Hogwarts years. And Dylan wouldn't try to turn him because he has a guilty conscious about something he did during his seventh year.
Ekko D'Eath-Augustine
Ekko D'Eath-Augustine
First Year Ravenclaw
First Year Ravenclaw

Number of posts : 424

http://twoworldscollide.forumsmotions.com

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top