"Minor" Miscommunications
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

"Minor" Miscommunications Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

"Minor" Miscommunications

View previous topic View next topic Go down

"Minor" Miscommunications Empty "Minor" Miscommunications

Post by Piper Handler Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:43 am

Piper sat in History of Magic, slowly but surely falling asleep, which was pretty bad seeing as the class had not even started. Binns began to talk and Piper’s eyes sunk lower and lower until she felt her head begin to droop, her cheek sliding down the length of her palm, her chin reaching past the heel of her hand, wavering dangerously over the desk.

Suddenly, a bag slammed next to her and she jerked upwards, her eyes flying open. She turned to see Roger Turpin, another Slytherin who was widely accepted by the group she was slowly becoming associated with. She had always found Roger pretty mindless, simply a pretty boy, but she had to be nice to him now. So she forced a smile and said, ”Hi Roger.”

“Hi Piper. Hope Binns won’t notice I was gone. Sophie heard some rumor that I was cheating and started balling and I really can’t deal with that anymore. I broke up with her and she’s probably blowing something up somewhere.”

Piper laughed a little, never having liked Sophie, before forcing out the words, “Sad things didn’t work out, but she’s always been a little.. well… mad.”

“Gee, thanks for telling me,” Roger said. Piper and Roger began laughing.

The lesson was then spent in silence while Piper pretended to listen to the professor but just went in and out of sleep. Roger had taken a different approach and had fallen asleep with his head in his arms. Binns seemed to notice the noise and was glancing around. Piper glanced over and poked Roger, who stirred. She murmured, “Hey, you’re freaking Binns out.”

“Huh?” he said, sitting up.

She repeated, “You’re snoring. He’s getting scared.”

“Oh,” Roger said, sitting up and rubbing his eyes. “Prolly thinks he got the plague and he is hearing some symptom.”

Piper snorted and Roger began laughing, oblivious to the fact that she was laughing at him, rather than at the weak joke. Because she was laughing, she did not hear the door open, nor did she hear the gasp of shocked revelation. She did not notice the classroom quiet down, but she did notice the sound of thunderous footsteps behind her and she turned out, just in time to receive a slap across the face.

Sophie Carmichael shrieked, "Is this the tramp you left me for, you son of a B****?!" Roger stood and began to yell at Sophie while Piper's hand fluttered to her cheek. Sophie reached over and grabbed Piper's inkwell and dumped it over her head, ink streaming down her hair and face. People gasped as they began to bicker. Sophie dissolved into tears, turned, and ran out the door, Roger hot on her heels.

There was shocked silence and all eyes were on Piper. Piper’s eyes stung with horror and the unfairness of the whole situation and the bell rung. Binns faded out of the room, not keen on dealing with this problem. People around her began to stream out of the classroom, bags bumping into her and Piper shook her head. She could never do it right, could she? She reached up and squeezed the ends of her hair, ink streaming out of it and pooling on the desk.

This is what she got for trying.
Piper Handler
Piper Handler

Number of posts : 87

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top