Your say: Should we put Hogwarts in Lockdown PLEASE READ
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Your say: Should we put Hogwarts in Lockdown PLEASE READ Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Your say: Should we put Hogwarts in Lockdown PLEASE READ

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Your say: Should we put Hogwarts in Lockdown PLEASE READ Empty Your say: Should we put Hogwarts in Lockdown PLEASE READ

Post by Jess Potter Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:52 pm

Hey guys.
So, we've had an idea for awhile, and now that school's coming back, it's really the best time for us to put it out there, I think. Really, we don't have much more time do we haha.

Anyway, our idea is to close Hogwarts to the ouside. In a few short day Grindelwald will be taking over the school, and we'll be in a position where we have a full, diverse staff of teachers to keep you busy. If this goes through we'll probably be bringing back the old "Floors" layout for Hogwarts, so as to introduce a few more school based forums.

Now, I can't try and sell this without pulling in the downsides. Most notably, you wont be able to leave Hogwarts. However there may be one or two forums left open (Personal houses and something else perhaps) for you to RP in out of Hogwarts. Of course there are some sites where Hogwarts is the only forum available, so we'd be upping it a bit from that.

And we'd be bringing back Hogsmeade visits... but for 9 days (Friday - The following Sunday) so that you get two weekends of activity. We'd do that every month at least, possibly more. As well as that any internships would continue to work.

My own thoughts on it are that it would open more interesting RPs at the school, and it would of course make Hogsmeade trips far more interesting, as you'd have the closing of the day. Of course in canon the days would come to an end, so you could have the desperation to get your business done showing through.

Now, we wont be doing this unless we get 50% of the votes, and even then we may not do it (Don't fix what aint broke) but plot wise it does make sense, Grindelwald will be trying to oppress anything anyone tries to do, and it will make resistance and cooperation sooo much fun.

What you need to do

We're aiming this vote at active people, I figure that if you don't sign in more than once a week, you're not really going to be that affected by this that much, so I'm going to close this topic in one week's time.

In order to stop one person voting with 15 different characters we'll be using the "Post in topic" voting system, where you simply say "I vote yes" "Yes" "I vote no" "No" rather than spamming the polls. It's harder to sift through, but better in the long run.

You're welcome to argue your point, but unless I see a big "Answer" above the topic, I wont be counting it, so don't make an obviously yes or no post, but not actually say "Yes or no" because it wont be counted.

Here's a handy code to post at the top of your posts, you can argue your point below if you wish, but make sure you put this in.

Code:
[b][size=22]"Answer"[/size][/b]

And students only please, Grads can vote, and argue why they think they should be able to vote, but we may not count it.

So, vote and argue right up until the 15th (The Day the Hogwarts express leaves... whoa that's a great coincidence. Five points for Jess) but after that I'll count and we'll make our decision.

Any questions, post or PM, and I look forward to reading your opinions.

Last edited by Jess Potter on Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 14221
Special Abilities : Wandless Magic, Seer, Flying, Legilimens

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1356010139

Back to top Go down

Your say: Should we put Hogwarts in Lockdown PLEASE READ Empty Re: Your say: Should we put Hogwarts in Lockdown PLEASE READ

Post by Chastity Moor Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:28 am

"YES"

I feel as though... this would help the plot along, and it sounds like a lot of fun to bring the factions at school back into play.. specially after they got really active during the battle.. it will give them something to get back into the game with...

I like the idea, and I'm pretty excited XD
Chastity Moor
Chastity Moor

Number of posts : 2008

Back to top Go down

Your say: Should we put Hogwarts in Lockdown PLEASE READ Empty Re: Your say: Should we put Hogwarts in Lockdown PLEASE READ

Post by Nerissa Hatts Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:43 am

Nerissa Hatts says "Yes".

Red approves this message.
Nerissa Hatts

Number of posts : 482

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:34 am

Madd says "YES" for all her characters.

This only makes proper sense.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexander Jones Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:55 am

Kev says "YES" for Louis and Alex.

It has qualities of the plot, It'll give some of the other characters a sense of rebelionism, and it goes with what he we have in the plot, Hogwarts being in a lockedown, will give kids a better chance not to get killed.

Alexander Jones
Alexander Jones
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Sixth Year Hufflepuff

Number of posts : 348
Special Abilities : Seer

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddie Kane Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:14 am

"Yes"

this is a wonderful idea.. hogwarts is never really active..
Maddie Kane
Maddie Kane
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Sixth Year Hufflepuff

Number of posts : 3155

Back to top Go down

Post by Darius Flint Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:40 am

"YES"
Darius Flint
Darius Flint

Number of posts : 59

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Kubin Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:43 pm

Code:
"Yea!.
Jack Kubin
Jack Kubin

Number of posts : 487

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:39 pm

you just put this up yesterday. as far as my student account goes, i'm good with whatever the rest of the students want to do. either way works for me. on this issue, i don't honestly have an opinion.

k.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 22611
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:37 pm

[size=22]YES[size]

for my student charries
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 10287
Special Abilities : Occlumency
Occupation : Unspeakable | Beater for the Falmouth Falcons | Deed-Holder of Satan's

https://jackles-feels-feelings.polyvore.com/

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top