Towers Reconstruction
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Towers Reconstruction Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Towers Reconstruction

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Towers Reconstruction Empty Towers Reconstruction

Post by Samuel Grigori Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:23 pm

Oh god

How on earth had Sam made it into Gryffindor?

I mean, he was meant to be brave, be courageous, and most of all, he was meant to feel at ease when up in the Gryffindor Tower.

In his defence, most people wouldn't really class what remained of the Gryffindor Tower as a tower... in fact, most people would have realised and accepted that something with no walls or floors hardly constituted a tower, or in fact a dwelling at all.

But Sam felt that would be cheating.

Flying up on his broom (The grand staircase was yet to be repaired) Sam felt at ease, brooms were safe, and they almost seemed to want you to survive, it was only as he slid off his broom and found himself balancing precariously on the lip of a half destroyed tower wall.

"Oh god," he muttered to himself, kicking a nearby rock over the edge and following it until he could no longer see it, only knowing it had hit the ground when he heard a dull thud from the earth below.

"Oh god oh god oh god," he said, grinding his teeth and steeling himself for his oncoming doom as he began to set the stonework in place, one stone at a time, trying to use the undamaged ones before making new ones.
Samuel Grigori
Samuel Grigori

Number of posts : 318

Back to top Go down

Towers Reconstruction Empty Re: Towers Reconstruction

Post by Cillian Finnegan Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:30 pm

Maya stood on the ground looking straight up at the tower where she was supposed to be working on rebuilding. She had finally gotten read of the stupid crutches but she still had this walking boot that was rather itchy, even more so than the cast had been. “How am I suppose to ext up there?” she asked herself looking around. A rock hit the ground next to her and she jumped backward. “People should be more careful,” she said angrily, “How the hell did they get up there?” she hadn’t brought her broom with her though she also hadn’t know she’d be working somewhere that she couldn’t walk to. Maya Holly Rose wasn’t the smartest person on the planet.
Cillian Finnegan
Cillian Finnegan
Seventh Year Gryffindor
Seventh Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 77

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Kubin Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:33 pm

Jack groaned. The tower was completely destroyed. Or at least, almost completely destroyed. It had taken quite a while for jack to think of what to do. He could've: A). Run away. B) Stay and help. C) Just sit there and not do anything. Jack, finally, after contemplating for a few minutes, did the big boy thing and stayed. He walked closer to the tower, and noticed another person helping. It was a girl, maybe his age, maybe not. He watched as a brick hurtled downwards, and he cursed the moment he declined bringing his broom. Now it was stuck under his bed, gathering dust and mold. Poor thing

"Hey uh.. how are we supposed to get up there?"

Jack asked once he got a bit closer. He still couldn't see who was up at the top of the tower, if anyone was there at all. He sighed, this was going to be a lot of work. Picking up a lone brick that was still, surprisingly, intact, He tapped it against the tower, and looked up.
Jack Kubin
Jack Kubin

Number of posts : 487

Back to top Go down

Post by Dylan M. Davies Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:39 am

Mariposa guessed she had made the right choice in bringing her broom with her when she came to Hogwarts to help re-build it. She had been assigned to the Towers group, and she saw the grand staircase wasn't repaired yet, so she had to fly up on her broom. As she mounted it to go up, she spotted two people not too far away. They seemed to be wondering how to get up to the tower. She giggled a little when the rock came down near them. She cleared her throat to try to stop giggling and walked over to them.

"Hello!" she greeted them happily. She stared up to the tower for a moment and then looked back at the two others. "Need help getting up there?" she asked, holding out her broom slightly. She looked up again to assess the damage they would be faced with and was happy that she had decided to not to start wearing girl clothes yet, even though she had promised her mother she would start now.

She looked down at herself. Mariposa was wearing a blue shirt under a white sweater, and black sport shorts with black converse. She kicked a little bit of dirt up into the air and slid her foot across the ground where she stood in a straigght line.
Dylan M. Davies
Sixth Year Ravenclaw
Sixth Year Ravenclaw

Number of posts : 209

Back to top Go down

Post by Samuel Grigori Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:13 am

Sam grumbled to himself as he toiled away under the hot sun, no roof nearby offering much cover to remove him from the hot rays which beamed down onto his back and scorched his skin.

A quick glance at his watch only further irritated him as he realised that the rest of the people who were meant to be helping were late. Late late late. Not here on time. The gist of it was that he was stuck up here, all alone, until some people decided to come.

"Stupid people," he muttered, kicking a piece of loose rubble over the edge and looking over to once again see where it landed - a new favourite pastime of his.

Except this time he was shocked to see that there was a small congregation of people down below, looking up (by the looks of it, it was hard to tell from his point of view) at the tower, probably wondering how they were going to get up...

Or laughing at him, evil people that they probably were.

Screwing up his face he thought for a moment about what to do, before having a moment of inspiration... aren't they always fun?

Conjuring up a parchment and quill he quickly wrote a letter with instructions on the parchment, before wrapping it around a nearby pebble and dropping it over the edge, watching it until it landed somewhere near the people.

Hopefully they got the message and came up soon... he was starting to feel lonely.
Samuel Grigori
Samuel Grigori

Back to top Go down

Post by Matthew Lestrange Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:09 am

Matt flew up to the top of one of the towers and hovered there, surveying the damage. He noticed there was a young man looking so out of place. He assumed he was also there to help reconstruct the towers. He hovered over, "Hello, I'm Matt. Working on the towers as well?" he asked, hovering over to the boy and putting a hand out to him. He couldn't help but look at his face, he wasn't a fan of heights. Matt loved heights, he loved flying. He had fallen off many times but no serious harm had come to him.

"Not a fan of heights then?" he asked him hopping off his broom and landing next to him. "I love heights, I love flying!" he said looking over the edge. Whew, if someone fell off this tower they'd never live. Kinda sad, remembering the tales of how Dumbledore had fallen, he had been dead already but it was still very sad.

Seventh Year Slytherin
Seventh Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 6872

Back to top Go down

Post by Sophia Granger Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:59 am

Sophia was walking around the semi done grounds looking for more work to do seeing how she wanted to get Hogwarts back to it's former glory. As she seen two people working on the towers she bit her lip and shook her head. "Oh god, the towers are never going to get done at this rate with only two people doing it"Sophia thought to herself. As she gotten out her wand she called her firebolt and gotten on it and flew up towards them. "It looks like you two need some help."said Sophia softly as she looked from Sam to Matt and gave them a soft warm smile.

"Just tell me where you want me and I'll go, I'm not afraid of heights or anything."said Sophia softly as she seen Matt flying back towards the grounds. "Um... I think he's getting some help."said Sophia as she looked down at Matt. "Oh so rude of me I'm Sophia, Sophia Granger Gryffindor Graduate from last year."said Sophia. As she looked at the towers she frowned to herself and shook her head sighing to herself in the process. "We have ALOT of work to do"said Sophia as she looked at the towers and back at Sam knowing they could do it but it would take some time.
Sophia Granger
Sophia Granger
Seventh Year Gryffindor
Seventh Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 11575

Back to top Go down

Post by Samuel Grigori Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:51 am

Sam jumped... literally... when Matt introduced himself. A precarious thing to do when you were so unbelievably high off the ground.

"Holy mother of," he shouted, clutching at his chest and turning a slight tinge of green as Matt spoke. "Do not," he said, his words broken, "Do not sneak up on people like that," he said, grabbing onto the tower to try and steady himself a little bit as he regained his composure, noticing out of the corner of his eye, a familiar looking witch fly up to the tower, presumably to help out with the reconstruction as well.

"Hey there," he said, a little calmer now that he'd assured himself he wasn't about to fall over the edge. "I remember you, but nice to meet you properly Sophia.. and you, you were the Minister wont you?" He asked, his eyebrow cocking as he looked at Matt. "I'm Sam, fourth year Gryffindor. And you're right, nothing's gonna get done with just me up here," he said, chuckling a little. "Anyway, I am a little scared of heights, but I like flying to... weird combination, I know, but what're you gonna do. I feel a lot more secure when on a broom than I do up here, I have to admit," he told the two of them, shaking his head and returning to his work. "As you can see, I've repaired a level of the walls, but the thing I was stuck on was the inside. Rebuilding the tower itself is going to be easy, but the inside is what's gonna get me. Furnishings are covered by the elves, but the staircases and individual rooms were just lost on me," he told them, scratching his head a little.
Samuel Grigori
Samuel Grigori

Back to top Go down

Post by Dylan M. Davies Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:01 pm

Mariposa looked up slightly and noticed more people going up to the towers. She looked back down at the two others who were on the ground with her. She shrugged and mounted her broom. "Last chance." she said with her spanish accent somewhat stronger than usual. She didn't wait for anyone to respond and she pushed off the ground. She slowly flew up to the tower, and when she was close enough she jumped off.

She didn't like hovering around on her broom so much. As she landed on the floor, she sent a small cloud of dust into the air. She sighed, a little agrivated, and stood up. She dusted herself off and smiled at the three who were already up there. "Hello." she said happily. "My name is Mariposa." she told them. She took a quick look around at the tower and frowned. Gryffindor tower didn't look good at all. She hated to see her home like this. "We had alot of work to do." she said softly.

Suddenly she remembered the two others on the ground. "Oh! And there are two others on the ground, who have no way of getting up here." she said, gesturing down to the ground.
Dylan M. Davies
Sixth Year Ravenclaw
Sixth Year Ravenclaw

Number of posts : 209

Back to top Go down

Post by Sophia Granger Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:36 pm

Sophia looked at Sam and smiled. "Ah... yes, I remember you now I met you in the common room last year."said Sophia softly. Sophia looked at Sam and chuckled. "Well... that's why were here to help."said Sophia pointing from Matt to herself. Sophia shook her head. "Nah... not weird, there's alot of people like that but some of us fallen off our brooms so many times were use to it."said Sophia. Sophia looked at the tower and nodded at Sam's work. "Yeah the inside looks like it's going to be a tough job, but I'm sure we'll be able to do it Sam."said Sophia giving him a soft warm smile.

As another person flew up towards that was a girl Sophia smiled at her as she introduce herself. "Nice to meet you Mariposa, I'm Sophia."said Sophia softly. Sophia nodded at her comment. "Yes we do, I hate seeing Hogwarts like this I grew up here!"said Sophia. As Mariposa said there was two people on the ground that couldn't get up she bit her lip. "Do they know how to fly? cause if they do there some school broom in the broom cupboard that somehow manged to get unharmed in the battle."said Sophia softly.
Sophia Granger
Sophia Granger
Seventh Year Gryffindor
Seventh Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 11575

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum