Something good happens in this bad day
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Something good happens in this bad day Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Something good happens in this bad day

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Something good happens in this bad day Empty Something good happens in this bad day

Post by Evander Yaxley Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:17 pm

From the moment Jake woke up, he knew this day was going to be horrible for him. As soon as he got out of his bed his bad day started. He stepped on a pin that was face up on his floor, and it penetrated his skin, and became lodged in in his foot. He didn't scream or call for help obviously, and he just walked to the bathroom. He locked the door as he walked in and turned on the shower. He looked at his foot and began to pull the pin out, he swore under his breath when he finally got it out. For a such a small pin it sure caused him to bleed alot. He threw the pin in the sink and walked into the shower.

When he came out his foot had stopped bleeding. He put a put a bandage on it and took the pin back to his room with him. But that wasn't the only injury he had during the morning. When he got into his room, he picked out the clothes he would wear, and as he put then on he cut his arm on something. He didn't see what he cut it on but he didn't care. He cleaned it and bandaged it up to. He finished clothing hiself and as he put on his shoes, he banged his head against his dresser and bruised his forehead. He swore softly and finished what he was doing. "Jake! Time for breakfast!" his mother called from the kitchen. "Okay." he called back.

He walked down the stairs to the kitchen where the rest of his family of his family was just settling in for breakfast. He walked to the table where he gave his sister and mother a kiss on the cheek and he greeted his father with his usual hello. His father paid no attention and looked at the paper in his hand. Jake said nothing more and sat down in his seat. His mother served him breakfast and he ate quickly. He excused himself when he finished and as he was leaving his house, Mayleen ran out after him and asked him if he could drop her off at her friends house. Reluctantly he agreed and dropped her off.

Not having anything else to do anymore, he decided to visit Hogsmeade. He apparated there and saw it was as crowded as usual. Good, bad, whatever not like he cared. As he walked through the crowds, he was bumped into multiple times, and this just made him feel worse than he had when he woke up. He finally decided to go into Honeydukes, since it was the closest building to him and he wanted to get off the strees as soon as possible.
Evander Yaxley
Evander Yaxley
Sixth Year Ravenclaw
Sixth Year Ravenclaw

Number of posts : 585

Back to top Go down

Something good happens in this bad day Empty Re: Something good happens in this bad day

Post by Miseria Lupin Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:42 pm

It was summer, and for the first time, she had nothing to do at home. Usually she was playing with her daughter, Dakota, but now that she was more interested in discovering the world, and playing with her half-sister, Abbey, Miseria had some free time. Yet, she had nothing to do with it. After waking up, and having quick breakfast, she decided to go and visit Hogsmeade. Last time when she was in this place was at the beginning of her sixth school year. She was wanted to have a chocolate, the bestest – greatest thing that people ever made to eat! Maybe, if she’d be lucky, she would see someone from the school. Miseria wasn’t suffering from the depression after the battle, she was still mourning for those who died, but for the first time, she didn’t blame herself. She was in her wolf form when the battle began, and she was smart enough to take the wolfsbane potion, and keep herself under control. Otherwise she wouldn’t be any different from the other pact of the wolves that were attacking the children.
The first place what came up in her mind was Honeydukes. A really nice place to get some sweets, and listen to some gossip, which actually, never interested her. She entered the building and walked between the shelves, looking herself something that would satisfy her taste. Few minutes later, she was paying for her sweets, and she left the shop, to stand next to the window, and stick her lollipop into her mouth. It was surprisingly warm outside, but not hot. Perfect enough, though, to wear a shirt with short sleeves, her combat boots, and a black skirt with lots of chains on it.

Last edited by Miseria Manson-Lupin on Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Miseria Lupin

Number of posts : 3782

Back to top Go down

Something good happens in this bad day Empty Re: Something good happens in this bad day

Post by Evander Yaxley Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:01 am

The door on Honeydukes swung open as Jake stumbled in. He had been pushed so much on the streets that he slammed into the door. He lost his footing for a moment as he was pushed in, but quickly regained it so as not to fall to the ground. Fast reflexes were good to have at times, he was grateful to have fast reflexes right now, they saved him some embarrassment. He dusted himself off and looked at the people in Honeydukes, most of them were gawking at him. Jake just ignored them, he thought they were irrogant, if they were just staring at him not even trying to hide it. It was also a good thing that he never paid attention to what people were saying about him.

He walked around the shop looking for some kind of candies that he would like. He grabbed a bag when he finally found something that he would like. He grabbed a handful of the candies and placed it in the bag. Not seeing anything else he would want, Jake walked to the counter and paid for the candies. He walked out of the shop and since he was looking into the bag to grab a specific type of candy he had in there he wasn't looking in front of him, to where he was going. So naturally because of this he bumped into someone, and struggled to stay standing.
Evander Yaxley
Evander Yaxley
Sixth Year Ravenclaw
Sixth Year Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Miseria Lupin Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:43 pm

Miseria never noticed anyone when she was doing her things. And at the moment, she was looking over her candies, and trying to chew her lollipop. It was strange how she wanted to eat all the sweets in all so sudden. Usually she had no appetite for them. Calm down now, girl. You just need your sugar, that’s all, she smiled to herself. It was an old habit of hers – talk to yourself and keep yourself amused somehow. She wasn’t psycho or mad, but she wasn’t the first one who had conversations in her mind. With herself, mostly.
“Hey! What the-“ she cried out when someone suddenly bumped into her. Miseria landed on her back. Her bag of candies flew few inches away, and her sweets landed on the dirty road. She looked at them, feeling irritated. “Watch where you’ goin’!“ she groaned quietly, getting up from the road. She sweeped all the dust from her clothes, and picked up her candies, sighing quietly. Then she looked at the young man who bumped into her, scowling at him. Why didn’t he fall down when I did? she asked herself. Her luck never abandoned her. It was always Miseria who had to face the ground when it came for bumping into other people, or sometimes, if Life smiled to her, she was able to stand on both of her feet. Maybe I should push him? Just to make sure that his clothes get dirty and stuff?
Miseria Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post by Evander Yaxley Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:58 pm

Jake finally managed to place both his feet flat on the ground, to keep himself from falling. His first instinct was to try to help the girl who he bumped into up, but she had already gotten up again. "Oh my god. I'm so sorry. I should have watched where I was going." he said. He looked at her scowling at him and he smiled nervously. "I'm sorry." he chuckles nervously. He wondered why this time he didn't fall to the ground. He always did, but apparently luck was on his side.

He looked at her as she picked up her candies, and sighed. "I'm sorry about your candies." he said. "Would you like to take some of mine?" he asked extending his bag, trying to make up for the lose of her candy. He didn't have much appetite for them anymore. But he hated for them to go to waste, so he might as well offer them to her. She seemed to like the candies.

(Sorry it sucks.)
Evander Yaxley
Evander Yaxley
Sixth Year Ravenclaw
Sixth Year Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Miseria Lupin Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:01 pm

[It's nothing, i suck more at making posts Wink]

“Oh my god. I'm so sorry. I should have watched where I was going.“ her scowl didn’t go anywhere. Miseria stared with irritated expression at the young man, who couldn’t possibly be older than her for over a year or a two. “Hell yeah you should,“ she muttered angrily. People were staring at them. No wonder why. Miseria was holding a cat-like position, waiting for right moment to strike, or in this case, push him back. Even harder, than he bumped into her.
When he offered her his candies, Miseria raised her eyebrow, and took a step back. “I don’t want them,“ she said, sighing quietly. Fine, this time he was free to go. Next time, however, Miseria was sure she’d ’kill’ him on sight. She didn’t have appetite anymore, either. What she wanted right now was a good painkiller to make the pain from her back disappear, and a butterbeer.

She stepped aside. The boy should consider himself lucky. He survived, and she didn’t do anything to him. Lucky day, indeed.
Miseria Lupin

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top