Law enforcement sub-plot thingy
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Law enforcement sub-plot thingy Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Law enforcement sub-plot thingy

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Law enforcement sub-plot thingy Empty Law enforcement sub-plot thingy

Post by Jess Potter Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:12 pm

Hey everyone.

So I've started a small sub-plot of job creating for the Law enforcement department of the Ministry in order to boost some activity.

It's sorta building off the Felix idea of creating bad wizards who gain the attention of the Aurors, thus giving them something to do, and then are ultimately captured, thus giving the Wizengamot something to do.

Now, the characters involved in this wont be nearly as in depth as Barker was, of course, but hopefully they'll serve the same sort of purpose, and raise a little interest in the Auror profession.

As such it'd be nice if a few people signed up to become Aurors, as their membership is lacking, and now that the whole purpose issue has a resolution in sight, the interest in the job should hopefully pick up a little.

And of course once there's more Aurors the evil Wizards will become a little more interesting too. We have a few cards up our sleeves, but if this works the first couple of times then we'll start introducing a little more flavour Wink

Anyway, if this doesn't work then I suppose it's a case of nothing ventured, nothing gained. But it'd be nice if a lot of people just gave it a chance. You never know how much fun you could have with it Smile

Jess.
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 14221
Special Abilities : Wandless Magic, Seer, Flying, Legilimens

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1356010139

Back to top Go down

Law enforcement sub-plot thingy Empty Re: Law enforcement sub-plot thingy

Post by Jess Potter Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:13 pm

Oh, and the first dark wizard attack has begun here in case anyone's interested in checking it out.
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess Potter Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:19 pm

Another incentive for participating in this is that your characters could be facing a tier boost if they can be the one to subdue, kill or capture some of the dark wizards.
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix Barker Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:16 am

-bows- to be honest, I hadn't even looked at this thread.. and I was looking for stuff to put on the FB page.. I realized.. whoa! This Dark Wizard Plot was helped to be made by ME?! I am honored Jess! XDD I just had to say something, I think it's a great idea, and I love the fact that we can get aurors more participated on the site, just say the word, and I would gladly put Felix on the run again and have an even bigger chase then before.. leading to... whereever it leads to.. I'm willing to put in that risk regarding Felix right now Very Happy
Felix Barker
Felix Barker
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Number of posts : 659

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess Potter Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:11 am

Ah wel, there was no real interest in it, so I'm assuming that people don't really want to create auror characters, as only one non-admin actually replied, and no others showed any interest, despite having being PMed about it.

So I'm just gonna let the bad guy be caught and see if we have more luck in the Wizengamot side of things.
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Paris "Perry" Radborn Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:17 am

I would like to add that Willy and Calvin lost consciousness during the attack; this could provide something for a few healers to do as well, depending on whether or not Jack wants her character to be transported to St. Mungo’s. I have already said in a later thread that Calvin was brought to the hospital, so I’m for it... Though I can't exactly name any non-admin healers at the moment...

Perhaps the Jr. healers could take the case?

Just a few ideas to consider.
Paris
Paris "Perry" Radborn

Number of posts : 84

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess Potter Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:09 am

Mmm, their participation was greatly appreciated, and the fact that some non-aurors got involved was awesome too... however you were the only non-admin auror to reply, and that is quite disappointing, however more wizengamot members are... well, members, not admins, so that should work out too.

And I'm all for a St.Mungos link coming into this... these little plots are perfect for giving more and more use for all these jobs which currently only come into activity every so often... it's just the initial response is very disheartening...
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:46 pm

Yes, someone please save my Wally..

and yes, it was obvious the guy needed more than 2 Aurors to help, and then it was down to my poor rookie Auror and.. well... he did need help...
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 10287
Special Abilities : Occlumency
Occupation : Unspeakable | Beater for the Falmouth Falcons | Deed-Holder of Satan's

https://jackles-feels-feelings.polyvore.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Thaorson Kam Elldir Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:40 pm

I would just like to point out. There is a small plot going for Aurors in Azkaban. And so far, only Frank has replied, despite a pm being sent to all aurors.

So if you have an auror, please take them to Azkaban.

Smile
Thaorson Kam Elldir
Thaorson Kam Elldir

Number of posts : 593

Back to top Go down

Post by Selene Brun Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:07 pm

O_O sudden plot discussion happenings! YAY! Errm.. I don't have any aurors... but I do have baddies up to be on the run Smile Two that I know of right now.. if I can help anywhere I will! It's just not really in any of my charries professions.. unless you want to call in the Department of Creature stuff... XD
Selene Brun
Selene Brun

Number of posts : 157
Occupation : Secretary/Personal Assistant at the Ministry of Magic

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top