The Ties That Bind - Page 24
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

The Ties That Bind - Page 24 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

The Ties That Bind

Page 24 of 48 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 36 ... 48  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Ties That Bind - Page 24 Empty Re: The Ties That Bind

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:50 pm

"She's alright," Brian said. "She was hit with some sort of drugged dart they fired last night. It just grazed her. Tore the surface of the skin. I eliminated the drug, well, most of it. She slept off the rest of it. Maybe she's just a bit confused because of it. Wouldn't be the first time that happened. I think if she just rests today, she'll snap out of it." He knew how to be tight lipped when he needed to be. "Who the devil in America uses a dart gun, anyway?" Brian sighed, frustrated. "Thats' pretty weird even for Americans."

"Especially for Americans," Kieran said. He went over to Brian and took hold of Brian's left hand and looked at the platinum band on his ring finger. "You really did do it, didn't you?"

"I told you I did."

"And you didn't invite me?"

"We haven't exactly been close."

"So where did you marry her?"

"In Tuscany."

"Well, aren't you just the little world traveller?" Kieran laughed. "That is quite a massive knot of diamonds and emeralds you bought for her, though."

"She deserves the best I can afford to give her," Brian said. "Look, I think I'm going to go upstairs and check on Khaat and Robert while breakfast is cooking." he went back upstairs. He found Khaat still asleep on the floor next to Robert's bed. Robert was awake, somewhat, and just fingering her hair softly. Brian went over and sat on the other side of the bed.

"So, how do you feel?" Brian asked.

"I'll live," Robert said. "How long has she been here?"

"All night."

"Take her to bed, Brian. I'm fine."

"She'll sleep better right here," Brian said. Brian checked the wound carefully without uprooting much. "Its good. Much better. She did a fine job."

"She did the surgery?"

"Yes. Jess and I assisted, but she did the hard work. You trained her to be a fine surgeon, Robert."

"She's developing in that pretty well."

"Very well. She saved your life."

"Then she did her job," Robert said. Brian sighed, a bit frustrated with Robert's casual attitude.

"Are you hungry?"

"Thirsty. You lot make tea today?"

"Sure. I'll get you some," Brian said. He turned and went back towards the kitchen.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 22721
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:08 pm

Steven nodded and finished his food sitting back . Jess walked in in a light pink robe yawning " morning " she said " you should have woken me i'd have finished of breakfast " she said Steven shok his head and chukled.

" from what i heard last nig ht you needed the sleep " he said noting how her cheeks blushed at his words .

" were we that loud ?" she said and covered her face embarased at what he had heard" sorry Steven " she said and pored a coffee for herself as Jack walked in in his jeans and nothing else, " some body was woken by us last night" she said jack looked right at steven who looked and raised an eyebrow at him.

" ow wow sorry mate , but i guess you know how it is with ...ow boy" he said and moved to kiss jess as she gave him his cup " promis we'll keep it down tonight " he said smiling .

steven chuckled and shook his head at them both " nope your all right and yeah jack I do know " he said and stood up placing his hand on jack shoulder as he then moved to the living room hearing Brian and Robert talking in one of the rooms .
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 3077
Special Abilities : Legllimancy, Speaking to Animals

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:17 pm

Angus ignored the banter. He just didn't need the sexual talk that early in the morning. He flicked his wand in the direction of the refrigerator and the pantry to start the kitchen fixing breakfast according to the recipes he used daily. The day did need to move ahead. He saw Brian come down and get out a pair of mugs. He poured tea into one and French Roast into another.

"So? Update us," Angus said, getting to his feet and using his crutches to go over to the counter to do some things for himself.

"He's awake, and he seems to be the same old Robert," Brian said. "I don't think he'll be in that bed all day, if I know him. Khaat's still asleep, but I doubt she'll sleep for long. His wound looks really good. It looks like we escaped disaster again." He warmed up his own coffee cup and motioned, with his finger for all three mugs to follow him. "Smells good already, Angus."

"I havent' done much yet, Mate," Angus laughed. "It won't take long, though. You might want to have Khaat get her eyes open. Give me about ten minutes and we'll have something to eat. Might not be fancy today, but it will fill a hole."

"Thats all we need," Brian smiled, glad to see him back feeling like himself again. He took the mugs upstairs and Robert snatched the tea mug out of the air as Brian put Khaat's coffee on the end table.

"Oh, just give her five more minutes," Robert said gently, feeling sorry for her.

"Okay. Well, that gives us time to discuss Kieran, then."

"Well, I suppose we do need to do that," Robert sighed.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:46 pm

jess was taken a back by the sudden cleaning of the kitchen and she walked over to Angus " leave something for me to do will ya" she said and place down a cup of coffee " you feeling better?" she asked smiling " would you mind if I helped y ou to day since cassidys out of it still " she asked sitting in a chair jack sat on the arm with her listening to Brian and Robert . He grunted his aproval at what they should discuss what to do with keiran.

Steven moved to the windows and looked out he was watching the area out side as he slowly drank his coffee . He moved to the kitchen then up to his room passing Cassidys on the way . he looked in and saw her laid on her bed blankly stairing off into space . He pushed open the door and walked in leaving it open as he crossed to the bed .

" hey, how you feeling " he asked she said nothing to him but curled up " guess you don't want to talk" he said and stood up but he felt her hand grasp his shirt .

" what happen after i got back in the SUV?" she asked and looked up at him her face pale a little. Steven sat back down.

" From what im told you passed out from the gash , but the dart was posioned , you passed out , Brian brought you inside and drew out the poison , what happened after that i don't know I heard some noise about an hour after he left you but you'd have to ask Brian " he said seeing the look on cassidys face. " nobodies expecting you to do much today just rest Casssie you'll feel better and if its any consolation brians not saying ether about it so i'd forget it" he said she looked at him.

" wish I could steven" she said and rolling over away from him " I have a feeling I know what hapened and i dream of it every night " she gave a deep sigh. steven didn't know what to say and patted her shoulder knowing the dart had woken a very deep memory in her mind that she thought locked away.

" talk to khaat she c n help mor than me Cassidy" he said and moved to the door " and I'll see at lunch" he said feeling like the big brother to her.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:52 pm

Robert sipped on his tea, and before long, he squeezed her hand and called her softly. He brushed her hair as she woke slowly. She looked up at him, far more asleep than awake. "This might take a little, Brian," Robert smiled. "My poor baby. You've put in some long hours lately. You need to take the day off and let Brian and I handle things." Brian sat down on the floor with Khaat, behind her, and drew her back to lean on him, on his chest. He wrapped his arms around her and kissed her cheek.

"The wound looks great, Khaat," Brian said gently. "I checked it this morning."

"It feels fine. No pain. Thank you, Babe. Nice work. Thank Jess for me for helping you last night," Robert said. She nodded. "Fuel, Brian," Robert smiled. "She's tired and dragging today. She needs a little fuel to get going."

"Here, Babe," Brian picked up the coffee mug and handed it to her. "Try this. Its French Roast, but it is extra strong even for French Roast. This should help." Khaat took a sip of the coffee and sighed deeply. It was like a little bit of heaven. It was incredible. "Good?" he asked.

"Very," she managed sleepily.

"Your dad is right. You don't need to work today. You need to do something for you. You know, I see that downtown is a huge ladies spa. maybe you ought to go spend the day at the spa, pampering yourself."

'That's expensive," she frowned.

"So? When has that ever stopped us? If you want to do it, I'll pay for it. My treat," he kissed her. "To my beloved wife." That made her smile. The thought of perhaps someday really being his wife.

"Are you serious about this?"

"Perfectly. Hair, nails, facial, skin, massage, the whole works."

"What if I cut my hair extra short?" she asked.

"No."

"No?"

"Never," he said rather posessively. "I love it just as it is. Don't you dare cut it. Leave it just the way it is--for me."

"What would you do if I got a tatoo?"

"So long as I'm the only one who gets to see it, fine," he laughed.

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:07 am

Steven passed Roberts room and looked him smiling " Morning all" he said smiling from the door way " good to see you all up and smiling too , jess has breakfast if your up to it that is " he said and stayed at the door as if wanted to say more but seing Khaat still so tired he held back feeling her rest was important he felt khaat feeling rested and no all , he knew she could sleep it oft bothered with Cassidys problem witch as he knew might not be one at all and that she might sleep it off all by herself . he loked at Robert and smiled " good to see you on the mend Robert , we've all been worried about you" he spoke secerly to him.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:19 am

"Thank you, Steven," Robert said. "I'm feeling much better. I'm thinking about getting up and freshening up a bit." Khaat looked up at him, frowning.

"You lost a lot of blood," she said to him.

"I didn't say I was running any races," Robert said, "but good as you lot are, you still need me. Khaat, do be a good girl and go get yourself up and into a shower and get fresh clothes. Then I will expect to see you down at the breakfast table in about ten minutes or before."

"You're serious, arent' you?"

"Perfectly," he said calmly.

"Then you will let me help you with that--right?" Brian said to Robert, insisting.

"As you wish," Robert said. "Go on, Khaat. Get. Hot water and fresh clothes would do you good."

"Coffee would do me far better," she yawned. She and Brian rose slowly off the floor. She kissed her father's cheek and took her cup and headed out the door. "Oh, good morning, Steven," she said as she passed him. Brian laughed. Somehow she had missed him being there altogether until she saw him

"You'll have to excuse her. She's had part of a night's sleep in the last 5 nights. Its catching up to her," Brian said to Steven. "Maybe we'll save the day spa for a day when she can enjoy it. I hope Jess's breakfast will hold just a few minutes for Khaat to change. I really don't want her to start skipping meals while she's missing sleep. And I know Jess's breakfasts are always good."

Khaat went to her room and made fast work at showering. She changed into jeans and pink blouse with a beautiful cardigan in a pattern of spring pastels--pinks, blues, greens, yellows, It didn't take her long, but it did make her feel better. She had finished her first cup of coffee and was looking for a refill when she went downstairs. "Good morning," she said to everyone as she went into the kitchen and refilled her cup.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:32 am

steven chuckled at Khaat and nodded " morning Khaat " he said as she passted " seems we all are a bit out of it today, cassidys seriously stewing on something and won't leave her room or talk about it " he said " jess is down in the kitchen with jack and An gus... I think" he loked up at them and shook his head " ow k time i headed back down too " he said an chukled " i'll see ya down there " he said and moved down the hall to the living room and accioed a cup of coffee to him trying to keep himself awake.

Jack looked at Steven knowing he'd bee to see Robert and c g" ok so how are they both?" he asked " give us the update ?" he asked sipping his own coffee as he waited for steven to talk .

" hes ok he'll be down in abit once he's showered not sure about Khaat she will probably sleep she loked realy shattered " he said and chuckled " she didn't notice me in the door way , untill she headed to her room and i had spoken to at the too" he said sighing at the first taste of his coffee.

"wow thans tired to the max " he said and chuckled .
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:49 am

Brian helped Robert wash up and change into fresh clothes. He chose just casual jeans and just a casual plaid shirt that was green and blue on a white background. Brian had refreshed the bandages and put Robert's sling back in place. They both made it downstairs just about the same time that Khaat made it downstairs.

"Well, good morning, All," Robert said cheerfully. "It seems I live." He refilled his tea cup. "Nice work last night. I'm proud of you. And--I am hungry and I smell breakfast. Who can fix me up with a plate?"

Khaat just sat down at the table after saying good morning to everyone. Brian saw she had at least refilled her cup. "Your second cup might help," he said softly in her ear, "But I doubt it."

"She's seriously sleep deprived," Robert diagnosed. "Give her a day to get past that, and she'll be back to her old self again. I'm afraid I gave her a bit of a start last night."

"You gave us all a bit of a fright."

"Brian, go get Cassidy. Hiding from whatever is on her mind won't help her deal with it," Robert ordered. "She needs to move forward." He sat down beside Khaat at the table and laid his good hand on hers. Brian went up to Cassidy's room and knocked on the door jamb.

"Cassidy," he said quietly. "Come on. Getting stuck in your head isn't going to help. Robert wants you to join the team downstairs."

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:00 am

Steven smiled as Khaat said morning to every one again and sat down after poring her second cup of coffee " yes you did give us all a scare " he said and jack nodded . Jess heard Roberts voice and walked out with a plate for him.

" guess i'll bring the food " she said and smiled handing him the plate , she gently lent down and gave him a soft hug. " its good to see you up " she said and stood back up smiling .

Cassidy looked up frome heard her bed as she heard Brians voice she knew she could not disobay him and sat up but she said nothing for a few minets "I'll shower then i'll come down " she said hoping it would apese him and make him leave and not push her to talk.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 48 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 36 ... 48  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top