The Ties That Bind
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

The Ties That Bind Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

The Ties That Bind

Page 1 of 48 1, 2, 3 ... 24 ... 48  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Ties That Bind Empty The Ties That Bind

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:03 am

Khaat heard Brian get up in the middle of the night, and she heard him explode in utter outrage. He even woke the babies. That was just not like him. Khaat got up and was a bit surprised to find Brian was nowhere in sight. She went across the hall and soothed the frightened babies back to sleep.

It was two in the morning. Once the children were back to sleep, she found him in the home office downstairs. He was doublechecking his bank accounts for some odd reason, and he was fully awake and 100% business.

"Brian," she asked softly. "Whats' wrong?"

"I have no choice. I have to go to Colorado. Now."

"Tell me. Whats' going on?" she asked.

"My idiot older brother. He's gotten entirely over his head in gambling debts, betting on horse racing or some such nonsense. He told some bigtime muggle crook that the ranch in Colorado is his to use as collateral against the debts. And it isn't. Its in my name. Well, it looks like the crook might be calling in the debt. I could lose that ranch. My brother? He can have that sot. But I want my ranch." Khaat repressed a smile. She knew how deep his hatred for his brother went.

"Do you think, really, you'd let him have your brother?'

"My brother is supposed to be a freaking wizard. He should be able to handle a bunch of greedy American muggles. If he can't, he's a bigger ass than I took him for. Yes, I would let them have him."

"I"m going along."

"Fine. Go pack. I'm sending an owl to your father. Asking him to watch over the estate and the girls. If we're going to battle muggles, who knows, we might actually need some backup."

"Depending on how many muggles we've got, then yes," she replied. She kissed him. "It'll be alright."

"I hope so. That place is worth a fortune." She laughed and went upstairs to pack for them both.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 22660
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

The Ties That Bind Empty Re: The Ties That Bind

Post by Steven Walker Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:37 am

Steven walked in from the garden and looked at Brian he took off his hat and sighed " Gamblings not a good thing " he said as he walked to grab a cup of coffee then return to stand facing both people " so whats the weather like out there, still hotter than hell?" he said chukaling " yes i know its not that hot, but you might want to bring some sun hats for the girls" he said and stood looking out over the gardens watching Cara and her pups.

After a moment he turned back around to face them one hand deep in his pocket as he spoke again " Animals checked and fed, Jack and Jess are on their way in, Cassidy should be getting up but jess can get her if she dosn't." he said reporting the main events and what he had found, which had been not a lot thankfully. Not smelling any cooking yet he wondered how long it would be before Cassidy or Angus woould be up as his stomach growled but he didn't have long to wait as a rather sleepy Cassidy walked down in her PJ's right to the kitchen.

"Speak of the devil" he said with a smile as he watched her wave him off and head for the kitchen hoping she had gone to start breakfast, he gave a soft chuckle and then smelt breakfast as Cassidy worked laying the table and setting it for breakfast soon it was ready as she called them. He smiled seeing fresh baked bread rolls , apricot scones, fresh made museli, or they could have a cooked breakfast of eggs bacon, beans, toast or fried bread, also sat some scrambled eggs for those who didn't want it along with a fresh pot of coffee and orange juice. Steven sat down poring a fresh cup as he did. " so whats the order while out there , get things running smooth again?" he asked taking a bite of sasage he ahd placed on his plate along with the other things he liked.

Cassidy joined every one and yawned brushing her hair away from her face she sat with a glass of orange juice and wished she was a morning person, but she was not , she thought it strange she still wasn't use to the early mornings even after such a long time doing it. She took her food witch was some museli and ate feeling it would give her enouph energy to get threw the day having a feeling that going to a new kitchen would throw up new challenges even ones that would even test even Angus's skills in the kitchen.

Cassidy finished her breakfast and stood up moving quickly she headed up to dress she wore a pair of tan slacks and a light blouse feeling thes would be better for the hot weather throwing her things , which was not much into a bag sne ziped it closed and left it by the door before heading abck down to the rest of them brushing her hair as she went and slipping in a pair of stud earrings as she went. Passing the nursary she heard giggling coming from it and smiled softly and continued down to make the babies there breakfast.

"There's two little ladies awake up stairs and are giggling at some thing in there room" she said placing a bowl on each high chair with two sippy cups with milk in for them.

((Word count : 609 words ))
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 3077
Special Abilities : Legllimancy, Speaking to Animals

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:23 am

Angus came downstairs, showered, shaved, and changed for the day. He looked tired and very stressed. He was late, and he knew it. He was counting on having to do double time to catch up. Barn, Breakfast, Babies. He was relieved to see Cassidy and Steven up already. He said good morning to them on the way to the kitchen. He could smell fresh coffee. He was grateful. He sighed heavily, reaching for one of the large poppy red stoneware mugs. He saw Cassidy fixing breakfast.

"Thank you," he said, pouring the coffee. "That helps more than you know. I've been up with Brian and Khaat all night. I helped Khaat pack for herself, Brian and the babies, and then for the cats and Archangel. And then I've spent the rest of the night helping Brian look at his Gringotts and muggle accounts. He needed to know exactly where he and Khaat stood before they go to the States today. Then he needed someone to burn off steam with in the gym. I don't know that I"ve ever seen him so angry, and I guess he has a right to be. And now, I'm behind on all my morning chores. I am so glad you've got breakfast going.

"Anyway, since you have breakfast underway, I guess I'll go get the girls up quickly and get them bathed and dressed. Thank you. I presume Khaat and Brian will be downstairs in a moment. Khaat was still in the gym when I went up to shower, and so was Brian. And, believe me, you do want Brian to shower before he comes down for breakfast." He managed a tired smile. He sipped on his coffee, put it back on the counter and went upstairs to get the girls ready.

He came back a few minutes later, carrying a baby in each arm, and talking to Abbey. "She takes after her biological dad," Angus was laughing. "Her accidental baby magic was at work. She was transforming back and forth from a labrador puppy to a baby. It was making her and Dakota laugh. I don't think Abbey has an ounce of control over it. I think it just happens, but I'm thinking that if we feed her it will redirect her thoughts and stop the baby magic. " He put both girls in their high chairs.

By then, Khaat had dressed. She had chosen a pair of jeans, her tan boots with her wands tucked into them, , a shortsleeved form fitting white t shirt, and a beautiful pink crochetted cardigan. She brought down two shoulder bags, one for her and Brian, and one for the girls. She also had a pair of tan suede jackets, one for her and one for Brian. She expected her parents any moment to pick up the girls and the cats. She put the girls' bag near the carriers for the cats.

"Good morning," she said. "Brian will be down in a minute. He's dressing. I think he's better. Its easy for him to become doubly angry at a brother he does not like."

"He'll be okay," Angus said. "Kieran abandoned him a long time ago, and that goes deep for Brian. And this only feels like more abandonment."

"I know," she sighed. She went into the kitchen and got out a couple of coffee mugs and poured a cup for herself and for Brian. "Thank you, Cassidy. It smells great. And I see those apricot scones. You're spoiling me."

"I'm going to go to the barn quickly and take care of that, and if I miss breakfast, I'll grab a scone or something when I get back" Angus said, not knowing Steven had been there already
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:44 pm

Steven looked up coming towards them he foot steps as he heard a soft yawn and chuckled seeing arather haggered Angus walk into the livingroom. Sitting he smiled and raising his mug of c offee to him " morning Angus , late for you this isn't it?" he asked knowing inside he'd probably been up with Brian as it was something he'd do himself. Steven smiled watching him move to the kitchen where the same wonderful smell of scones drifted . It was then he returned to drinking his coffee and reading the paper that he'd found on the table.

Cassidy looked up at Angus as he came in the kitchen as she slipped out a nothr batch of scones , placing them one by one on the cooling wire she smiled as he thanked her , she knew it was not needed . "I thought that was the case I was a wake early and heard you both, so i decided to start breakfast" she said . She had come to understand that the best way to show she was capable was to preempt what they needed her to do and breakfast was the chore of the day. She returned the tray to the oven and turned it off . Standing up she nodded and chuckled at his note of how sweaty Brian was after his work out " ahh, ok " she said and chuckled again " I'll get the babies breakfasts ready while you do that it should help Abbey focus. " she said and took out two bowls placing some fresh fuit and each a sippy cup with milk in. Watching as he left to fetch them.

It was then she saw Khaat and smiled warmly to her " Good morning, lovly outfit" she said placing the scones in an air tight container. " I thought we could take some with us " she said and watched as she poured the two mug of coffee , one for herself and one for Brian. Cassidy took two scones and placed them in front of her with a small pot of jam and a pot of fresh cream. " I was told you can't have scones with out jam and fresh cream, not sure if its true though" she sat down to face her with her own coffee .

Steven heard Angus say he was going to the barn but he disapeared before he could tel him he'd already been fed and watered and the horses were now out in the paddoc. Standing he moved out side into the sunlight waiting for him to walk back. Steven changed his mind deciding to walk over to the barn to let him know everything had been taken care of . Slowly he walked over to it opening the barn door so he could walk inside. " Angus its all been done , Cassidy told me you were up late and we both decided to do a bit of your chores to help out , we both know you've ben woried about this trip and brian's brother, just as much as he is. " he said moving to a horse and patting its neck gently as it nudged arm gently. Reatching into his pocket he took out a suger lump and gave the horse it, with a whinny it moved to the back of the stall. Steven looked at Angus as he spoke again " Is it realy that bad between them, I didn't have a brother or any siblings so i don't know what it would be like. " he said and folded his arms across his chest.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 3077
Special Abilities : Legllimancy, Speaking to Animals

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Mar 25, 2011 4:28 pm

"Thanks," Khaat said, "I wanted to be comfortable today. Brian said this place is sort of out in the woods in the mountains, and said it isn't like we're going to be doing a lot of socializing, at least not today. I fell in love with the sweater when I saw it. Its surprisingly warm even though it doesn't look like it." Khaat made herself a breakfast plate and sat down to feed the girls first. They were both hungry, and she wanted to be sure they were full and happy. Then she would see to herself. "Brian's really on edge today. He really doesn't want to have to make this trip. I guess I can understand that. I only met Kieran and Fiona a couple of times. Fiona is alright, but she just seems to feel that she has a life of her own. They were so much older than Brian that when their folks died, they were already at Hogwarts and thought Brian was a little pest. Maybe I'd have felt that way if I had had younger siblings. I don't know. Kieran? Meh. I wasn't impressed with him the one time I did meet him when we were kids at the funerals of their parents."

"Kieran is an idiot," Brian said, coming downstairs and into the living room. Khaat could tell he was still seething. "Older does not make him wiser. I'll help you with the girls, Khaat. Give me a second. Good morning, Cassidy."

"We're fine. Take your time," Khaat smiled.

"What do I need to do to help pack?"

"Nothing," Khaat said. "Unless there is something special."

"I took care of that already. No, if you've done the rest, then we're good."

"I did."

Angus perked up at Steven's voice. "Oh. So I see. Thank you for taking care of them. It was a really, really long night. I think some of the men from Paris are going to take care of the estate while we're gone. Yeah, I was up with Khaat and Brian looking at this whole mess Kieran has gotten them into. I hope this doesn't turn ugly, but it doesn't sound like Kieran got in with a good crowd. Kieran isn't really a bad guy, but he and Fiona just literally walked away on Brian when their parents died, and Brian was literally an orphan from that point forward. They haven't spoken more than a time or two since. The reason Kieran lives in Brian's Colorado house is because he can't hang onto a cent. Brian lets him stay, in exchange for doing chores. And he's not good at magic at all, from what Brian tells me. Believe me, there is no love lost there between him and his siblings. He's doing this more to protect the property, not so much to bail Kieran out of his bind. If I'm worried about anything, its about Brian's stress level. He's just about had as much as he can take for awhile. Its the main reason Khaat is not taking the girls along. She wanted to, but Brian does not want Kieran to even so much as see them. And he refuses to let Kieran call himself Uncle Kieran to them. He was the one who insisted they stay home. So, yeah. This trip could be very interesting indeed. Well, since its all good here, lets go get some breakfast, then.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassidy Walker Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:07 pm

Cassidy sat listening and smiled as she said she liked the jumper , Cassidy did too she liked how it hung on her " it suits you, it brings out the color in your eyes " she said smiling she would have spoke again but Brian spoke and she turned to look at him and smiled " Morning , everything is ready, steven took care of the animals and i cleaned and closed down the kitchen " she said and stood up motioning to the pile of containers that sat stacked on the counter " I thought it might take some time to get use to so I made somethings for lunch " she said feeling and wondering if she had done too many. Moving back to the doorway she picked up her bag " I don't have a lot so one bag will do me " she placed it down next to her and smiled watching the girls as they ate their breakfast . Moving she pored out two fresh cups " coffees fresh made , Angus went to the barn and I think so did Steven " she sid looking past Brian to the french doors beyond him.

Steven listened as he explained about Brians brother and sister , he felt inside both were nothing but moochers and seem not to want to do anything to return the good things that Brian had done for them both. He gave an audible sigh " I don't like people like that , I can understand why Brian's so angry " he said and picked up a bridel that had fallen to the ground . Hanging it up he knew he and Brian's brother would not get along . He smiled as Angus sugested they go in for breakfast he had got about th and chuckled " sure, Cassidy was up early working on that guess i should at least have some " he turned and walked to the barn doors closing them behind him. " So you all set ?" he asked as they walked back inside .

Cassidy smiled seeing both steven and Angus walk back in to the living room she quickly made two plates and placed them down on the table for them both then cleared her own plate washin it and placing it back in the cupboard then sat back down " he sounds like a jerk to me, if you don't mind me saying" she said and looked at Brian " Doing all that and giving nothing back , its not right " she sat back in her chair and sighed she ahd adislike to them and she hadn't even met them yet . But she realized she was there to do a job and to do it she ahd to push her prejuice knew shes to one side. Sh e watched steven and angus sit down and relaxed a little as she kicked her bag everything in i t was all she owned at that moment even the cloes she wore were not her own and she knew she would get very hot both in the kitchen and out of it in the sun. She looked at Khaat and smiled it was good to see she was happy again and being like her self more and more each day.
"Anugs said Abbys baby magic was kicking in , he said something about she was turning into a puppy and th en back ?" she said trying not to laugh at the thought " its kinda why we gave them breakfast to help her focus"she said looking at both Brian and Khaat.
Cassidy Walker
Cassidy Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 1311

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:56 pm

'Thank you for thinking of breakfast and lunch," Khaat said. "Brian and I have been trying to think of everything, but it sure isn't easy. And food? Well, that's sort of taken a low priority."

"Not with me it hasn't," Brian said. "You need to stick to your diet that I put you on. I am not going to have you losing one more ounce."

"I'm fine," she told him.

"For now, yes," he replied. "And I plan on keeping it that way. Anyway, thank you, Cassidy. I'll take care of dinner there--I think. If Kieran hasn't eaten me out of house and home and sold everything out from under me."

"Its all replaceable," Khaat told him.

"No! Some of it isn't!" he was angry again.

"Your art collection. Some of your best pieces are there."

"Well, at least they were. And they were worth thousands," he said. "I'm gonna kill him."

"We'll handle it," she told him gently. At that moment, Kate and Robert apparated in. Khaat looked at her father, who was already eyeing Brian rather analytically. Khaat could see his fatherly concern for Brian.

"Come talk to me about this," Robert said quietly to Brian. Brian got up from the table and followed Robert down the hallway to the office.

"I'm glad Daddy's here," Khaat said.

"Don't stress, Khaat," Kate smiled. She summoned a mug from the kitchen and poured herself a cup of tea and sat down with the babies. "Your father will calm him down. He seems to listen to your father. In the meantime, you eat. I'll feed my babies." She began making little cooing noises at the girls who giggled and babbled at her while they ate as Kate took over the feeding chores. It made Khaat smile. Grandmothers were wonderfully posessive of their grandchildren and this morning it was a blessing.

"So, one of you said Abbey was doing her animagus thing this morning?" Khaat asked.

"Yep," Angus replied. "Rather randomly switching back and forth between a labrador puppy and her human form. Just amused Dakota all to heck."

"I'm glad you thought of breakfast. It seems to have slowed that down a bit."

"We do get animagus babies in, in Paris. My guess is that she's picking up on your stress, Khaat. Stress seems to make them transform quicker until they get control of it."

"Well, that seems to be what triggers all accidental magic, is it not?"

"Well, true," he shrugged.

"I love her either way," Kate laughed. "She's a beautiful little girl and a gorgeous puppy, so whatever she feels like being is okay with me."

"Just don't feed her any kibbles, will you?"

"Certainly not!" Kate was genuinely amused with the thought.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassidy Walker Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:13 pm

Cassidy smiled and nodded to them all " its ok, i made enouph " she said but then was suprised at his shift in temper . she was puzzled but when art was mention she sigh , Glancing at Steven she saw him shake his head and chuckled as she sat down again watching Kate feed the babies " yeah, it was Angus's sujestion to giver her the food thinking it would make her focus on that and not the stress " she watched as Brian walked with Robert and knew they would talk things out . " kate is it always like this with Brian and his kin ?" she asked softly " I know what Khaat has told me and what I have f elt but not having any brothers or sisters its a bit confusing , does he love them or not ?" she looked at her some what confused as she then shrunk the food to fit in her bag.

Steven stood up he walked over the table and poured a fresh cup of coffee for him self then sat down next to Cassidy " same here im afraid , Angus explained that he didn't get along with him because of what they did when he was younger " he said sitting back to enjoy his coffee as he looked at them thought he could hear Brian and Robert up the stairs talking but shrugged as he knew it was nothing to do with him and Robert would calm it down or shout if he needed help with him. He felt even now he'd not like Brians brother and felt even Cassidy would not like them one bit . He knew colarado was great at that time of year nd wondered how Abbey and Dakota would take to the change in climate.

"Kate how are these two going to take to the climate change , if i were you i'd get some warm clothes for them" he said and smiled seeing both cooing at her as he spoke " cute , there both too cute" he said and chuckled as Abby chuckled at Dakota slowly wanting to drop her food on the floor " erm...Kate some one wants to play catch the food again" he said pointing to dakota in her high chair . Out the corner of his eyes he could see Cassidy trying not to laugh at the cheekyness both of them could see in the young girls eyes
Cassidy Walker
Cassidy Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:39 pm

"I can answer that," Khaat said. "Brian and his family were taking a vacation and were going through the village near the farm. They'd been in the area about a week and a half, and Brian and I had met the first day of their vacation. We were inseperable. Well, it was the last few days of their vacation, and they were taking a drive in a muggle car when their car was hit by a drunk driver headon. Brian's parents died instantly. Kieran and Fiona and Brian were in the backseat and survived. They were shaken up and pretty bruised but otherwise unharmed.

"In a small town like that, when there is a fatality, news spreads like wild fire. I told my father right away, and he went to the hospital to check on Brian as a favor to me. Kieran and Fiona were there, but they were angry with Brian and blamed him because he wanted to ride in a muggle car. They told him that if he had not wanted to ride in that car that their parents would not have been killed. Of course, it wasn't true, and it was a terrible thing to say to a young child. They wouldn't even sit with him in the hospital waiting room. They were on a totally different floor.

"Anyway, Daddy brought all three of them home. He took guardianship, but Kieran and Fiona never wanted anything to do with us--or with Brian ever again. Well, until Kieran got thousands and thousands of dollars over his head in credit card debt. He heard Brian had money by that time. Brian had been out of Hogwarts and working for Daddy for awhile by then. Fiona was married, but she wasn't rich. Not like Brian. Brian gave Kieran the benefit of a doubt and offered to let him live in the Colorado house. He gives Kieran a bit of an allowance, but Kieran has no intention of working, other thatn what he can do on the estate. He doesn't hear much from Kieran unless he needs something. He's lousy at even the simplest spells, so he just expects Brian to support him. He's not interested in getting a muggle job. He feels like Brian owes him for killing their parents and he believes Brian can afford it. They don't talk--except to argue. And Brian's anger about the whole business has only grown over the years. He hasn't seen Fiona more than once or twice either. They don't fight anymore. They just dont' talk. Brian believes the only family he has is my family. And for all practical purposes, he's right.

"But if Kieran really has buggered this up as badly as it looks like, then Kieran might be out on the streets by nighfall tonight, as angry as Brian is. We're not taking the girls to Colorado. Mom and Daddy are taking them and Mo and Max while we're gone. Brian does not want Kieran so much as laying eyes on the girls, much less touching them. And if Kieran ever dared to call himself Uncle Kieran, I think Brian would probably deck him. He doesn't want the girls anywhere near Colorado."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassidy Walker Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:09 am

Cassidy sat listening she gave a soft gasp as she told of Brians perants , but sat quiet as she continued . she thought back to her own family not ever realising some one else could have such pain in there life . she looked at the girls " Now wonder he dotes on those two " she said softly and smiled a little as Abby showed her her cup "I guess he dosn't want them to feel what he did " she said and looked at khaat and Kate her eyes showing now how sad she was for all the trouble she had been to them all. She knew now Brian was how he was because it was who he was , because of what he had gone threw , he was like her and she understood he was stronger for it, just as she was now thanks to Roberts training . she looked at her hands and then at them all " Know I under stand , hes a loser who should be giving Brian back instead of taking advtage of a good man" she folded her arms across her chest as she sat looking at them.

Steven sat letting Cassidy have her say for he felt the same way in regarding Brians brother and he nodded " I thinking the same , Brian sdeserves respect and from what you have told me hes not getting it from the one person and people he should be getting it from , his brother and sister " he said his arms also folded across his chest " thats not good " he could feel his own anger building but he had to control it seeing it was not his place to get angry . He knew that he had to be than that and rise above Brians brother as he worked for Brian and not him.

Cassidy calmed down and poured another cup of coffee to calm her nerves , siping it she listened to Steven and sighed and nodded. " I agree its not right hes making him feel this way, maybe he should be , Im sorry but it might teach him a lesson not to use people especialy family, not having any I know how important it is and you don't use them " she said as she blew over the top of her cup gently. " As steven said you respect and love them not use and abuse " she watch the girls and could not help smile at abby poking dakota with her spoon " its good hes not taking them , hes right not to , if he dose thump him i'll be there to hold the jurk down" she said and looked at them " I'm sorry but Brian and you guys are family and if hes doing it to him hes doing it to us all " she said looking at them " well... you are " she said seeing the suprised look on stevens face. she just shrugged and smirked as she drank her coffee her eyes looking at them .
Cassidy Walker
Cassidy Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 48 1, 2, 3 ... 24 ... 48  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top