Jess' New Years Eve Party - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Jess' New Years Eve Party - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Jess' New Years Eve Party

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Jess' New Years Eve Party - Page 2 Empty Re: Jess' New Years Eve Party

Post by Jess Potter Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:58 pm

Jess listened to what michael had to say and laughed, he laughed hard. "Yes we do, and those're just the city girls. Travel a dozen hours or so out west and you'll lose your mind," he said, a grin on his face, "Nothing will ever be the same in your eyes again," he said wisely, before chuckling.

"You're not wrong there," he said, looking around at the eyes that seemed to be following her, a handful of which were there to protect her (Razz). He listened intently to what he was saying, then nodded grimly. "Oh how nice it would be if the forces of evil would stop for a holiday, much as we are now," he said with a tired grin. "But yes, I think that it's easy enough to say that she's safe, at least for tonight," he said, relaxing his stance a touch, and taking a deep drink.

Listening to the story Jess couldn't help but chuckle. "You arrived on Boxing day to do work? It's always work with you isn't it?" He asked, continuing to laugh. "Still, good job, it sounds, the sense of a job well done, as well as the employers gratitude and the reward, of course," he said, adding on the last bit as though it were of no importance, "would have made it all worthwhile, huh." Jess said.

"London, this isn't London," Jess said, before nodding. "Well, I went to school at Hogwarts didn't I?" He asked, rhetorically of course, and speaking as though it was one of the most obvious things in the world. "After school, I had so many friends, a career, and a genuine interest in the area, that I just decided to stay there. I still love it to bits here in Australia, but I have too much going on over there in London to want to do it any other way," he answered, hoping that sufficed as a reason.

((Cruise ship? Maybe not that big, xD))
Looking up from his drink, and away from Michael, Jess saw the most recent addition to his guest list arrive on the deck. Shooting her a smile he wasn't shocked at all to find her walking over to him. As the host of the party it was to be expected that he welcomed her, or that she announced her presence to him, that way she couldn't feel overlooked at all.

"Remy," Jess said with a broad grin, putting his glass down on the bar next to him and standing up, returning the kiss on her cheek. "How nice of you to join us, it's getting late enough into the night that I almost didn't expect you to make it," he commented, looking at his watch quickly before resuming the conversation. "Hmm?" He asked, looking at her confusedly. "Oh, of course, I invited most people I know, I wanted to have a few friends come by, as you can see," he said, gesturing around, finishing with herself, "that's working out quite well."

"Friend?" He then asked, looking around, a look of mock confusion crossing his face. "I don't see any friends around here, Michael, stand up would you, you're not sitting on anyone are yo- OH," he said, over exaggerating the oh, and chucking a smile in his friend's direction. "Remy, I'd like you to meet Michael Tremaine, a friend of mine from awhile back. The two of us are partners in a... business... venture," he told her, nodding politely to Michael. "And of course, Michael, this is Remy DeVaul, the two of us met awhile back at a party similar to this one," he said with a sincere, quick smile, as he remembered their last public encounter. "But please, help yourself to a drink," he said, gesturing for the bartender to come to them, inviting Remy to select her drink.
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 14221
Special Abilities : Wandless Magic, Seer, Flying, Legilimens

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1356010139

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Tremaine Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:03 am

"Very nice to meet you, Remy," Michael said. He saw all the very clear signs of a woman looking to get her claws into someone, and so long as it wasn't him, Michael was good with it. jess was a young bloke, He could look out for himself if he chose to. And this woman, well, she clearly wasn't Michael's type.

But then again, Michael didn't know what sort of woman was his type exactly. For one thing, Remy was young enough at least to be his daughter. That was a turn off, flat out. Michael wanted someone more sophisticated. Someone who knew the difference between a so-so Merlot and a greally stellar one. Someone who could appreciate Rembrandt, maybe a really wonderful sonata. Someone who loved starlight and quiet mornings on the beach at sunrise. Someone with a good sense of humor and a good heart.

And someone who didn't object to pipe smoke. Or Michael's need for solititude at times. God didn't seem to make women like that. Women who wern't desperate. It made him just give up on thinking there was a woman who was the right one for him. He hadn't found her so far, and at his age, well, he'd given up looking. He did know enough to run from anyone who was as desperate as the concierge at his hotel.

"Hand that bottle over here, Son," Michael told the bartender. He snatched the bottle away, and refilled the bottle with top shelf firewhiskey as he glanced over and saw Robert and Kate apparate onto the boat. Ah! If nothing else, Robert would give him someone to perhaps cause a bit of mischief with.

"I'll see you later, Sirius," He said, deciding that he was leaving the young man to his own devices. "And again, nice to meet you, Remy." He rose, picked up his glass and walked over to Robert and Kate.
Michael Tremaine
Michael Tremaine
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 646
Special Abilities : Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Raynus Chasterfield Char Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:11 am

Raynus stepped in the room,pretty late for someone like him.All he noticed was that he did not know anyone there but that didn't bother him.He just came because it would be good to just get out of the house for awhile.He was pretty sure no one knew him either,so he decide to meet and greet anyone.He found a sofa and immediatly sat on it,no question.Will anyone come over to me ? will anyone talk to me ? will anyone like me ?,like I would care if anyone liked me Raynus thought in his mind.

Raynus noticed that a lot of people around here were from different enlistments.Raynus could tell by there facial features allthough,he couldn't tell if everyone was a death eater.Raynus wondered if they would think he's a death eater.So who is this Jess anyways,I just found this message in my mailbox awhile ago Raynus thought once again.Then Raynus wondered what will this party contain,Char was the kind of guy who wanted something to do.But frankly nothing happened yet,but that was probably because he just entered the room.
Raynus Chasterfield Char
Raynus Chasterfield Char

Number of posts : 52

Back to top Go down

Post by Sophia Granger Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:20 am

Sophia walked onto the boat and looked around in awe for the place looked amazing and she couldn't believe she was on a boat! As she looked around she noticed she was alittle bit late and frowned but better late then never right? As she seen Khaat, Michael and the rest of her friends she smiled and waved at them sure glad she wasn't out of place here. She noticed alot of people were dressed like her which made her feel relieve seeing how she didn't know how to dress. Walking up towards Jess she smiled. "Jess! long time no see how are you?"Sophia asked him softly giving him a hug.

It been a long time since she seen Jess but he still looked like his crazy old self that Sophia loved so much as a brother. Sophia frowned at how little she seen her Hogwarts friends now days with work and always getting into trouble. Sophia looked around the boat and smiled. "Wow Jess nice boat."said Sophia giving him a soft warm smile. Sophia had on a simple but nice dress that was tan and went to her knees but held up by a diamond design that went around her neck. Her hair was down and curly as always just the way she liked it. There was alot of people Sophia knew and alot she didn't. "Well... time to make so new friends."Sophia thought to herself.
Sophia Granger
Sophia Granger
Seventh Year Gryffindor
Seventh Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 11575

Back to top Go down

Jess' New Years Eve Party - Page 2 Empty Plot

Post by Jess Potter Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:10 pm

An odd man, Michael was. He had all the promising characteristics of a dirty old man, the funny type, like the uncle figure in the family, but at the same time, he was completely normal, and acted like he was in his mid-30s, and was growing up in a much more chivalrous, gentlemanly time. Chuckling Jess smiled at both him and Remy, as they met each other. "Well I'm glad to introduce the two of you," he said, glad to be making some more connections in his world.

With Michael's next action came a raised eyebrow from Jess, if it were any other circumstance, Jess would stop the man from drinking an entire bottle of firewhiskey, but it was New Years, and it was a time to, if nothing else, let down one's hair, and relax a little. After all, how better to bring in the new year than cursing and ruing every final action of the previous one.

"No worries Michael," Jess said as the man walked away, "Pleasure to have you here, thanks for joining me," he said, genuinely glad to have a friend like him joining the party. Giving a soft laugh Jess turned back to face Remy. "He's a funny one, Michael," he said, almost to himself, but while looking at her. "I'm glad you could join me, by the way," he said with a courteous smile in his face. "Really, I'm a bit shocked that you came," he admitted, after all, he'd not heard from the woman in Lord knows how long.

He then saw over her shoulder another newcomer arrive. This person he didn't know quite as well, clearly, he knew of him, otherwise he'd not be here, but as for details, Jess didn't have a clue. "Welcome," Jess said, walking to the other side of Remy and waving to the man. "I'm afraid we've not met, I'm Jess, Jess Potter," he said with a quick grin. "You must be... Raymond, was it?" He asked, not at all sure of his answer. "You're the chap who owns the Duelling arena in Hogsmeade, am I right?" Jess said with a sudden look of realisation on his face. "Welcome, please, make yourself welcome, if there's anyone here that you don't know, i can personally vouch for everyone here saying that they'd be happy to meet you," he said, noticing yet another newcomer. "Please, excuse me," he said, this time to Remy as well as Raynus, "And it was a pleasure to meet you, Raymond," he added as he walked over to Soph.

"Hey," he said when he reached her, a broad smile stretched across his face. "It's great to see you," he said, accepting the hug and squeezing her extra tight. "Thanks for coming, Merry Christmas, Happy New Year," he said, giving her a kiss on the cheek ((family one, nothing sus)). "I like the dress," he added, stepping back to take a look. "I'm sure you know a few people here, please, do make yourself welcome here, mingle, enjoy yourself, and have fun," he said, looking around at the guests. "And the fireworks should start in a couple of hours too," he added, finishing off his drink.
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 14221
Special Abilities : Wandless Magic, Seer, Flying, Legilimens

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1356010139

Back to top Go down

Post by Raynus Chasterfield Char Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:08 am

Well it was already to late to tell him that it's Raynus but whatever.Hmm so that's Jess,he's one of those fancy proper type.Oh well I hope everybody here isn't the same them,and hey at least I got to stand and talk.And it's good that one person knows my shop.Char thought in his mind still quite bored.He sat right back down on the couch,that was probably the only conversation he would have today because Raynus wasn't one to just cause attention.He'd probably have to go up to someone in order to make a conversation,but Raynus would never do that.So he stayed there slouching as always.

Although he wasn't in a conversation doesn't mean he wouldn't listen or watch but Raynus was too lazy to even stand up from the sofa so he just watched the people talking and heard small key words.One woman there was named Sophia,she seemed like a fine little girl that is usually optimistic.She still must be pretty young I presume Raynus thought.Then there was a man named Michael,Char couldn't even pinpoint a feeling to him.To raynus he just looked like an old man whos glory days are over.
Raynus Chasterfield Char
Raynus Chasterfield Char

Number of posts : 52

Back to top Go down

Post by Remy Devaul Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:09 am

Jess’s returned kiss proved to Remy that she had not made a mistake in coming here; it had been a gamble, having to coerce her latest gold mine to get her a ticket to Australia on such short notice, but now that she was here and could see that there was at least some possibility of getting something out of the trip, she could put those thoughts out of her mind. Jess seemed in a good mood, the type that made men carefree and more willing to take risks they might not normally take. That was a good sign.

“Yes, quite well indeed,” Remy agreed, sidling up to the bar and placing her elbow on the polished wood surface and leaning against it in a subtle way to make herself seem at ease. It wasn’t that Remy was nervous about the evening – what reason did she have to be concerned? – but rather that she was still thinking business. She wasn’t here to relax; she was here to get what she could get away with and then return to London.

Jess went on to introduce the man sitting next to him – a Michael Tremaine – in his usual jokerish antics. It was a trial to put up with Jess’s constant tomfoolery, especially since he found himself oh-so-entertaining and thus did not need anyone else to laugh to be encouraged to continue. But it was a cross Remy was willing to bear if it meant being in the immediate company of the head of the Order of the Phoenix, which was no small feat considering the people Remy usually kept company with.

“The pleasure is all mine,” Remy said smoothly in response to Michael’s words, decided almost immediately not to put the moves on him. First off, he seemed far too stuffy to fall for her usual tricks, and without any guarantee that he would be worth her while, Remy wasn’t willing to devise a more complicated plan, or to pursue someone so very… old.

As if in an answer to her prayers – or whatever one would call Remy’s particular form of wishing for things that would improve her situation – Michael did not linger beyond the introductions, leaving Remy alone with Jess at the bar. At Jess’s instruction, Remy ordered herself a glass of scotch on the rocks, which the bartender poured from a top shelf bottle. Taking the glass in her left hand, Remy took a sip and felt the smooth liquid slide down her throat, leaving almost none of the acidic residue that a cheaper brand would.

Lowering the glass from her lips, Remy turned her full attention on Jess, who had just expressed very sincerely how pleased he was that Remy could make it, especially considering how long it had been since the two of them had seen one another. The dark-haired woman was careful to take notes on how Jess expressed himself in order to appear so sincere, so as to copy these mannerisms later in order to achieve the same effect. When he finished speaking, Remy nodded emphatically, reaching out with her free hand to brush an invisible piece of lint off of Jess’s shirt, a means of “innocent” contact that would remind Jess of the last time he saw her and what could have happened that night.

“Well when you call, I come running,” Remy said playfully, making as though she were joking. She had planned to follow up this comment with a few other choice moves intended to further seduce Jess into her line of thinking, but before she could say anything more, Jess’s attention was distracted by someone over her shoulder, and as he moved around her Remy’s eyes followed to a man she recognized from Death Eater gatherings, but who probably didn’t recognize her. He had never been anyone of note in the Death Eater world as far as Remy had been able to deduce, so Raynus had never had the pleasure of meeting Remy Devaul.

While in the past Raynus had merely been someone unworthy of note, he was now a distraction to Remy’s goal for the evening, which was getting Jess alone. As if that weren’t enough, Jess moved on from Raynus to a dark-haired girl in a nude-colored dress, giving her a tight hug and a kiss on the cheek which made the corners of Remy’s lips turn down almost imperceptibly. This was not part of the plan.

Turning to the bar, Remy hailed the bartender back to her. “Give me something strong,” was the only instructions she gave him, and he returned a minute later with a glass that looked like Long Island Iced Tea. Taking this glass in one hand and her own scotch in the other, Remy walked purposefully over to Jess, placing herself subtly between him and the young, dark-haired girl he had been talking to.

“I noticed your drink had gone dry,” Remy said, lifting the Long Island Iced Tea for Jess to take, “And I thought you might want a refill.”

“But I should have brought two, I see,” the vixen added, turning her attention to the girl beside her. It would have been easier to ignore the girl altogether in hopes of ostracizing her from the conversation, but it was clear that Jess held some affection for her – hopefully only platonic, or this might be a hurdle she couldn’t overcome – so it was necessary that Remy behave more politely.

“I don’t believe we’ve met,” Remy intoned politely, extending her hand toward the girl, who looked no more than 18 or 19, “I’m Remy Devaul. Jess and I met a while ago and he was kind enough to include me on his guest list this evening.”

“And how do the two of you know each other?” Remy inquired, hoping to imperceptibly determine what the girl’s relationship was to Jess.
Remy Devaul
Remy Devaul
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 535

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top